Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

FULL info here: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=296318&an=0&page=0#296318

Front.

Re: Cayenne FACELIFT: First official Pictures and data!!!

Turbo front picture.

Hi RC, thanks for the pics!

Is it just me or does the current Cayenne look better?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hi RC,

Is it just me or does the current Cayenne look better?

Personally, I think the facelifted version looks more attractive because the design seems to be more "fluent", don't know how to explain it in English.
    Still...the body is almost the same, so I guess the real design "breakthrough" comes with the Cayenne successor which is rumored to be more Porsche-like and less SUV-like.

Cayenne S front.

Cayenne V6 rear.

Cayenne Turbo rear.

Cayenne S rear.

@RC

Thank you

But damn : Cayenne S only 0.2 sec faster while V6 is 1.0 sec and Turbo is 0.5 sec faster

Why only 0.2 sec

And no words about faster tiptronic

Any more news RC ?
    Gregor

More news? Isn't this enough?

Cayenne V6 front.

Comparison: Cayenne Turbo and Cayenne V6 front look.

The new cars are looking stunning.

HP increase of the Cayenne is great, 8.1 sec from 0 to 100 km/h is fair enough for the six-pack. Think this car will attract many new buyers and old ML and X5 clients.

Thanks RC for fast information!

nice job Porsche!

Quote:
    Lars996 said:
    The new cars are looking stunning.

HP increase of the Cayenne is great, 8.1 sec from 0 to 100 km/h is fair enough for the six-pack. Think this car will attract many new buyers and old ML and X5 clients.

Thanks RC for fast information!

My pleasure.

Btw: I still think that the V6 isn't powerful enough to be a "true" Porsche but I also think you're right, it will sell much better now. However: a DIESEL is still missing and as much as I try to understand Porsche's decision against a Diesel Cayenne, I can't stop thinking about it.
    I'm a hardcore Porsche fanatic and I would really be interested in a Cayenne Diesel (how about a V10 Diesel with 400 HP or so? ) but Porsche apparently is afraid they "shock" their customers. I highly doubt it, I even think that a Diesel could help the Cayenne to sell much better, especially in Europe.

The Cayenne S now finally sounds like a nice deal to me, still not a very impressive power upgrade but for this kind of money, I would choose the Cayenne S over the new BMW X5 4.8i.

Oh, I forgot to add something: apparently Porsche has a powerkit ready too for the Cayenne Turbo, introduction (if it comes) should be autumn 2007. Rumored power: 540-550 HP, top speed aprox. 280 kph.

I definitely like the new design better for both the Cayenne & the Turbo.
    I can see that the tacky cheapskates will still be able to buy a Cayenne and stick on the "S" emblem. (still don't know how they can take this car in for service without a bag over their head)

Any word yet on U.S. pricing?

Hi!

I've made a little maths:

V6 : +16% hp + 24% Nm = 1.0 sec faster
    CT : +11% hp + 13% Nm = 0.5 sec faster

and CS is nearly in the middle (regarding hp and Nm) of them:

CS : +13% hp + 19% Nm = but only 0.2 sec faster

Due to the law of series the Cayenne S must be about 0.7 sec faster instead of 0.2 sec.

Could be that the Cayenne S has now the triptronic as standard ? This would result in a 0.6 sec faster acceleration ( 7.2 --> 6.6 ).

Any comments

Best Gregor

Sidney1-

If you've ever driven the std. Cayenne then you'll understand why the performance was bumped up the most... it's a dog!
    I imagine they re-geared the car so that it has more quickness to 100kph. Anyone who hasn't driven it is in for a rude surprise. (even my c.s.r. at Porsche thought it was a horrible car)

Any pics of the interior?

@SoCalHoosier

Glad that Porsche did 1 sec for the V6 but I'm disappointed about the 0.2 sec on the CS.

Even BMW 4.8i with only 355 hp and 475 NM did 0-100 in 6.5 sec - and that with automatic transmission

If 6.6 is not done by auto transmission the triptronic time will be about 7.0 sec : That's 0.5 sec slower than BMW with a more powerful engine build in than BMW

Porsche - what happened ?
    Gregor

Thanks RC!

Great information and photos. I'm surprised with the chassis inovations. This facelift is definitely more than skin deep. That stuff about greater axle articulation off-road was pretty interesting.

I like the facelift, except for the front turn indicators on the S and V6. It doesn't look right. Should be horizontal as well

Hi RC,

completly agree. The Cayenne should have a Diesel. As you stated a high power V10 machine would help dramatically to sell this boy toy in Europe.

I know many X5, ML Drivers which would change over to Porsche immediatley. Next to the consumption, the high torque is a good reason for a Diesel in such a car. Even myself, I would consider getting one.

Regarding the Cayenne and CayenneS - yes - I agree, too. I never driven the Standard Cayenne, but 8.1 sounds ok for me. But - I've driven one of the first CayenneS and had to say what a brick. Didnt like it at all. So you may be right, that even the update is not fast enough for a Porsche!

L@rs

The facelift is actually how the Cayenne should have looked from the start three years ago. Design-wise, the car is still no masterpiece but definetely better looking than the first Cayenne generation.
    It is sad that as a loyal Porsche customer, early buying is actually punished...always. This is one thing I do NOT like about Porsche, first buyers should be awarded, not "punished".

I'm not sure however if this facelift helps the Cayenne to achieve better sales figures.
    Why not? Well, the Cayenne still weights too much, is still consumes too much fuel (especially the Turbo) and the missing Diesel is a real dealbreaker in most european countries, especially in Germany.

I like how the facelift looks alike but considering the low resale value of my Cayenne Turbo (high fuel consumption, high theft rate, etc.) in Germany, I definetely won't sell my Turbo Powerkit to get the facelifted Turbo.
    As a new buyer, I'm not sure I would go for the facelift since in 2-3 years, a completely new Cayenne generation should be ready, rumors indicate a launch after the Panamera introduction.

That said, I'm a little bit disappointed with the facelift.
    On the other hand, I don't think that anybody really is surprised that Porsche uses the same "old" facelift strategy, something I actually don't like about Porsche.
    A facelift should only include minor changes and changes under the hood, this facelift however is a major change.

This evening, I'll post a picture with the new and old Cayenne one next to each other for comparison. You'll understand very fast what I mean.

The next family car will definetely be something else.

Quote:
    RC said:
    The facelift is actually how the Cayenne should have looked from the start three years ago. Design-wise, the car is still no masterpiece but definetely better looking than the first Cayenne generation.
    It is sad that as a loyal Porsche customer, early buying is actually punished...always. This is one thing I do NOT like about Porsche, first buyers should be awarded, not "punished".

I'm not sure however if this facelift helps the Cayenne to achieve better sales figures.
    Why not? Well, the Cayenne still weights too much, is still consumes too much fuel (especially the Turbo) and the missing Diesel is a real dealbreaker in most european countries, especially in Germany.

I like how the facelift looks alike but considering the low resale value of my Cayenne Turbo (high fuel consumption, high theft rate, etc.) in Germany, I definetely won't sell my Turbo Powerkit to get the facelifted Turbo.
    As a new buyer, I'm not sure I would go for the facelift since in 2-3 years, a completely new Cayenne generation should be ready, rumors indicate a launch after the Panamera introduction.

That said, I'm a little bit disappointed with the facelift.
    On the other hand, I don't think that anybody really is surprised that Porsche uses the same "old" facelift strategy, something I actually don't like about Porsche.
    A facelift should only include minor changes and changes under the hood, this facelift however is a major change.

This evening, I'll post a picture with the new and old Cayenne one next to each other for comparison. You'll understand very fast what I mean.

The next family car will definetely be something else.

The V12 Diesel Q7 would probably do well for your needs.

Is this adventurous modern cowboy the key target audience?

I do not find anything exiting about this face lift.
    It does look slightly more aggressive because of the thinner front lights, and it looks....new... That's it ! The back is nothing then a slight change, not better, not worse.

The power increase is good, the Cayenne S being now maybe more interesting then the Turbo ( cheaper, less fuel and fast enough for a family car)

But I don't think it will sell well enough in the next 2/3 years, it not new enough and the new X5 will be much better looking.

I have to change my wife's' X5... I don't know what to get yet.... need space for 3 children in the back... Cayennes s , don't think so. X5 diesel..maybe, Q7 V10..too big, GL... boring but maybe practical....

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    I do not find anything exiting about this face lift.
    It does look slightly more aggressive because of the thinner front lights, and it looks....new... That's it ! The back is nothing then a slight change, not better, not worse.

The power increase is good, the Cayenne S being now maybe more interesting then the Turbo ( cheaper, less fuel and fast enough for a family car)

But I don't think it will sell well enough in the next 2/3 years, it not new enough and the new X5 will be much better looking.

I have to change my wife's' X5... I don't know what to get yet.... need space for 3 children in the back... Cayennes s , don't think so. X5 diesel..maybe, Q7 V10..too big, GL... boring but maybe practical....

I think you may realize how much the design changed, when you see both cars next to each other. HUGE difference, believe me.

The new X5 actually looks like...the old one. There isn't much difference at first look. I like the new X3 3.0sd very much, it is the first Diesel car I would be interested in. Maybe the Q7 V12 Diesel too, don't know.

With three children, I would probably opt for the GL420 CDi, very powerful engine (V8 bi-turbo with 306 HP) and a lot of interior room.

Hi all!

Webspecial on Porsche site available now

Cayenne Facelift

All Cayennes will get the Sport-button known from 997

Best
    Greg

Thanks RC .

So what's left for Porsche to introduce in Detriot and Geneva besides the GT2?

Quote:
    Sidney1 said:
    All Cayennes will get the Sport-button known from 997

As standard.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781567 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442740 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263436 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261812 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85922 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5968 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881581 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819391 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM