Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Factory Collection and my first impressions

Quote:
    beltar said:
    I'm so that in belgium we are deprived from factory collection by stupid rules of the govenment!
    The car must be "alive" in belgium before you get an immatriculation. When collecting a new car in germany, you have to put it on a german licenceplate first and then change it in belgium . You then have a secondhand car

Really? I had no idea.

What about the green plates we have in belgium... can't we use those to drive the car from germany to belgium?

nice specs!

awesome delivery!

congrats.

Many thanks for your detailed report, pleased that you also enjoyed the factory collection experience and, like us, Porsche-jeck's hospitality.

Congrats Easy
    I loved your write up and the enthusiam shows.
    Thanks for the Meteor pic. My p-car's b-day is
    nov. 22 and I can't wait!!!

Congratulations and thanks for the great review. Can't do factory collection from Australia - what a shame. You thought through your options so carefully and clearly they were the right choices for you.
    I remember driving some great roads through the back of the Lakes district which would be perfect for your car so get out there and enjoy it

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:
    I'm so that in belgium we are deprived from factory collection by stupid rules of the govenment!
    The car must be "alive" in belgium before you get an immatriculation. When collecting a new car in germany, you have to put it on a german licenceplate first and then change it in belgium . You then have a secondhand car

Really? I had no idea.

What about the green plates we have in belgium... can't we use those to drive the car from germany to belgium?

nope, the Z-plates can't be used to cross the border. A new P has to come into the country only by passing by the desks of D'Ieteren.
    I got the "factorydelivery" as a present from my wife for my birthday... but it was impossible here...

Congratulations easy rider. Your pictures remind me of the good old times. Your car looks gorgeous, as expected (GT + cocoa = guaranteed stunner).:!

Now, stop posting pictures and DRIVE!

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:

Really? I had no idea.

nope, the Z-plates can't be used to cross the border. A new P has to come into the country only by passing by the desks of D'Ieteren.
    I got the "factorydelivery" as a present from my wife for my birthday... but it was impossible here...

Just would like to point out that it has NOTHING to do with Belgian rules but all the more with D'ieteren (the importer) who refuses to accept/arrange factory collection.
    It is no problem to collect a new car in Germany with "zollkenzeichen" and have it registered in Belgium as new. I did it with several other cars.
    Solution for Belgians : buy (like easy_rider911 did) your car at a German dealer and you can indeed have the same experience and register the car in Belgium after your trip. On top your car will be registered as "new" at that time , not when you take delivery at the factory.

Fantastic thread! I am really pleased for you. I love reading up-beat stuff like that. Your pictures brought back memories of my trip to the museum and the factory tour two years ago (unfortunately not to pick up a car!!)

It really is an inspiring experience.

Fantastic report ! - Stunning Car!, extraordinary well spec'd out ! - simply "the business" !

I will sleep a little better having ordered a Targa 4S in GT Silver; looks sharp, even without bright sun light.

I lived in your great city for quite a while; that underground car park slot is probably worth more than the 911 ! Nice to not loose any sleep over parking on the street.

Enjoy the car !

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Many thanks for your detailed report, pleased that you also enjoyed the factory collection experience and, like us, Porsche-jeck's hospitality.

\\\

Congratulations, Easy! I'm glad everything was great!

Many thanks for sharing your wonderful experience ,and the awesome pics! It was as if my factory delivery experience was extended- great memories!

Your car looks stunning- love, love the color combo, and all your options!

Enjoy in great health!

We'll all have to meet up soon in London and drag that hermit, throt, from his safe house!

Thanks for making us live the moment! I felt I was there...
    Congrad and enjoy in G.H.

Thanks a lot Easy!
    I do not have to take the tour now, your photos were just so good
    Enjoy your car

Ah I love reliving those same memories...!!!

Congrats. Hope I will be diong the same thing but with a 911.

Special thanks Easy for a fantastic write up which is by miles better than anything I've recently read in any of the weekly car mags. I have ordered a C4S which I'm scheduled to pick up from the factory in March. It's gonna be a loooong wait!

A great read Easy, thanks. The car looks beautiful and I wish you many happy moments in her.

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    We'll all have to meet up soon in London and drag that hermit, throt, from his safe house!

I subscribe to that
    Easy, Dreamcar, you and me should form a Porsche S.W.A.T Team to solve this tricky case

Hey easy_rider911, well you certainly 'shared your gain'

Amazingly graphic description of your experience. If you ever get fed up with the Law, there's a career waiting for you in journalism!

I well remember your final agonising between Arctic and GT Silver (not to mention your brief passion for Slate). I think you changed your order several times. So what's the verdict? Did your wife make the right choice?

Best wishes for a long and healthy relationship with your new beauty.

John

easy_rider911,

Really enjoyed reading your post regarding the factory collection and all the pictures! Hopefully one day I will visit myself.

Congrats, what a beautiful machine. I'll be in Germany in May and you've provided some great insight into my plans. Thanks Easy!!

Congratulations again and just wait until you hit 2000km and beyond. The car only gets better!!

Brilliant report Easy, thanks very much.
    Enjoy your long-awaited car and drive safely.

Congrats!

Quote:
    atomic80 said:... how does it feel now that its parked at home? When I parked my Turbo in my garage for the first time last week, I couldn't stop going back to look at it to make sure that she really was there!

Exactly! I've been down to the car park on a few occasions just to look at her. The reality of getting the car has now sunk in. I am simply overjoyed!

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    ... how much of the Pounds7k you saved on the car did you subsequently spend on the trip (incl. hotel, boats, petrol, etc)?

It cost about the following (for both of us):

Pounds1.40 to get to Stratford Bus Station
    Pounds12 National Express coach to Stansted
    Pounds28 German Wings flight
    Euros 5.70 from Stuttgart Airport to our hotel
    One way S Bahn tickets to town centre are Euros 4.40 for 2 people (easy to use: self service machine and crucially you can select English language to go through the ticket menu etc)
    plus all food costs
    plus, like me, you might be tempted to buy some accessories from the Porsche Design Drivers Selection shop. The designer keyring and the umbrella about 153 Euros in total.
    about Pounds30 for each night's hotel accommodation (I chose 3 star type accommodation)
    About 100-150 Euros in fuel.
    Pounds35 for a P&O ferry ticket one way

That's about it! Damn cheap if you ask me!

Quote:
    Targa Tim said:I'm sure your underground parking spot is safe, but the "space" for the car is so tight. We certainly has too much room in North America in comparison.

Actually, it's VERY easy to park there. I have at least 1.5 feet on each side on the car with about 2 feet above the car. It looks much worse than it is!

Here are some pics showing the dimensions...

one more....

Quote:
    beltar said:And i'm still sad we couldn't meet when you passed by going to Calais. When you ever plan to discover Flanders fields... give a buzz;

Thanks Beltar! Yes, next time I cross the Channel, I will definitely get in touch!

Quote:
    Ian C said:Just one thing - you mentioned that it had 6 miles on the clock when you collected the car, but the photo of your speedometer looks as though it shows a mileage of 6 kilometres - not miles.

Yes, you may be right. It was already set to miles and I think I changed it to km just before going to lunch. So, it had 4 miles at handover and 6 km after coming back from being machine polished so they did almost no extra mileage on it.

Quote:
    masernegro said:Thanks for the Meteor pic. My p-car's b-day is nov. 22 and I can't wait!!! /quote]

You're welcome. When I saw the Meteor Grey 911, I took that photo especially for the rennteamers out there whom I knew would appreciate seeing a good quality photo of it. It's not often that you see this colour in the right lighting conditions.

Quote:
    Florio said:I lived in your great city for quite a while; that underground car park slot is probably worth more than the 911 !

Almost! I paid Pounds15000 (plus UK stamp tax of 3% on land purchases) to get that parking space! At least I know that if I ever sold my flat and parking space, I will make a healthy profit on the parking space. Probably at least 100% profit...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753849 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431040 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258743 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255614 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868580 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802329 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM