Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

4th model line.

http://www.automotorundsport.de/d/57733

If the price or the design is even remotely close to that, I will seriously consider stop buying Porsches.

Even Bangle would be a dream come true compared to that Freakshow!!!!

Re: 4th model line.

If this would be a confirmed design I would even go so far to sell my CGT immediately upon delivery since it's to late to cancel!!!!!

Quote:
    CF said:
    If this would be a confirmed design I would even go so far to sell my CGT immediately upon delivery since it's to late to cancel!!!!!

My sources indicate that Porsche has been surprised by the Mercedes CLS and they actually planned to build a sports sedan pretty similar to it. So maybe you get a slight idea how the 4th model will look alike. Don't worry, the specs are pretty much finalized but not the design.

Another coupe with four doors eh?

Quote:
    CF said:

(Sigh) It was only a matter of time. If you think for one second Porsche will not exploit the CGT, you are naive beyond my comprehension.

This company is driven SOLELY by profits and customer concerns are irrelevant. Like it or not the car will sell especially with the front end. Hmnn haven't they done this before?

Hey its only money.

Exploiting technologies from the Carrera GT is natural, the design of this particular car was definately not to my liking though.
    All car manufacturers are driven by profit Nick.

Nick, don't you think a 550 or 575 would fit a man of your stature better than a boy toy car like the 360?

Boy toy car? Ferrari 360 Spider 0-100mph in 10 seconds, boy toy?

The best Ferrari's are the entry level ones and the supercars. There's no point in buying GT Ferrari's if you're not 40+year old and want a comfortable Ferrari. The 575M may have razor sharp reflexes when compared to an SL600 or Bentley CGT, but the most fun and best handling, not to mention charismatic sounding Ferrari's have always been the entry level ones.

The Gallardo is turning out to be disappointment, just a hype car of the moment sorta thing. The 420M should be the next best sportscar. But then again, some will like the Gallardo some the 997 and then always some 420 fans, isn't it wonderful that we have good choices?

Quote:
    CF said:
    Exploiting technologies from the Carrera GT is natural, the design of this particular car was definately not to my liking.
    All car manufacturers are driven by profit Nick.

Nick, don't you think a 550 or 575 would fit a man of your stature better than a boy toy car like the 360?

CF I can understand your pain in this matter. I meant every good thing I said about the CGT. I believe for the money it is the best supercar on the market. Though I think it is too much car for me, I would have considered one but for the fact that Porsche will certainly find a way to compromise the car which leaves owners holding the bag.

My friend is a big car nut (owns 16) many of them very expensive. He has an early deposit on the CGT but just last week bemoaned the fact he could not trust Porsche and felt they would find away to undermine the uniqueness of the car. In all probability he will walk away from it.

Regarding your personal attacks of me owning a 360 Spider, I feel it is out of character for you, and as a result, I have not responded in kind. Spending that much on a car not knowing what the car manufacturer will do is very difficult on a person.

I suspect had Ferrari made the CGT you would feel a great deal more comfortable with your purchase (assuming you feel uncomfortable)

Peace my friend. Life is too short.

Quote:
    I suspect had Ferrari made the CGT you would feel a great deal more comfortable with your purchase

Nick, if resale value was of that great importance to me I would never buy a Supercar.
    If you have read my other posts carefully you would know by now that I use my cars extensively, I plan to drive my CGT 20-25.000 km yearly and with that kind of mileage on any Supercar(especially a Ferrari) you are doomed to lose a great deal of money.
    At least we can agree on that.

I wish you well in sunny California Nick.
    Peace my friend.

Quote:
    RC said:
    My sources indicate that Porsche has been surprised by the Mercedes CLS and they actually planned to build a sports sedan pretty similar to it. So maybe you get a slight idea how the 4th model will look alike.

CLS? That doesn't exactly make things any better Maybe I'll send them a pic of the Quattroporte and with any hope they would realise how a 4-door from a sportcar manufacturer should look like

I find the CLS the most beautiful luxury four doors out there. The car is all glamour and charm. If Porsche follows the same route, I'm sure it will look much better than the cars on the pic.

J.Seven

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:Maybe I'll send them a pic of the Quattroporte and with any hope they would realise how a 4-door from a sportcar manufacturer should look like

Quote:
    nberry said:
    He has an early deposit on the CGT but just last week bemoaned the fact he could not trust Porsche and felt they would find away to undermine the uniqueness of the car. In all probability he will walk away from it.

Big mistake. The Carrera GT is one of the most wonderful supercars available for money out there.

My (secret) garage wishlist:
    Porsche Carrera GT
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
    Porsche GT3 RS
    Porsche GT2
    Porsche 996 Turbo Cabriolet
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    Mercedes G55 Kompressor
    Mercedes SL65 AMG
    Cadillac Escalade

Well, I already managed to put a Cayenne Turbo in my garage, so "only" the 10 others on the list are missing.
    Maybe I should start playing lotto or work harder...

You can do it!

RC your choice in cars seems very good, however,

I have always wanted to ask and I know this going completely offtopic, but what about the Enzo Ferrari? Zonda? Koenigsegg?

They are all supercars, yet for the vast majority on rennteam.com the Porsche CGT is the best supercar ever made, have you not at least looked into the cars I mentioned?

Nice wishlist RC.
    So you took a look at my garage?

Regarding the 4th model. I think a limousine could be definitly more porsche like than a suv. The cayenne is already very sporty for a suv, so what do you think they will be able to make out of the limousine?
    The only thing I wish is that they will keep it a bit exclusive. Like the quatroporte from masarati. It will defenitly never get a smaller engine. So porsche should offer only one strong V8 with over 400hp and one V10 with over 500hp. Not more than 1600 Kg, and a very nasty and beautifull design. Than It will be a great car that will do a better work for the image fo porsche than the cayenne.
    But (unfortunatly) we know porsche already to good, that they will do everything to sell at least 40-50 tausend pcs/year. And this means, at least 3-4 engines, and those seems to be the small steps to the first Diesel in a porsche.
    Sad sad sad.

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    RC your choice in cars seems very good, however,

I have always wanted to ask and I know this going completely offtopic, but what about the Enzo Ferrari? Zonda? Koenigsegg?

They are all supercars, yet for the vast majority on rennteam.com the Porsche CGT is the best supercar ever made, have you not at least looked into the cars I mentioned?

The Enzo is too flashy and not really a car you can drive on a daily basis. The Zonda is too exotic (what do you do in the case of a technical problem?) and I'm not sure about reliability and the Koenigsegg is a nice piece of toy but I'm not sure (CF will drive it in a couple of weeks and post a detailled report soon after the testdrive).

I know my "choices" may be based on a personal preference and maybe not only on real facts but this would be my dream garage. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to own such a garage because my real life job doesn't permit me to earn that kind of money (I'm happy I can afford the Cayenne Turbo) but what is life without dreams?

Quote:
    RC said:
    My (secret) garage wishlist:
    Porsche Carrera GT
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
    Porsche GT3 RS
    Porsche GT2
    Porsche 996 Turbo Cabriolet
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    Mercedes G55 Kompressor
    Mercedes SL65 AMG
    Cadillac Escalade

Well, I already managed to put a Cayenne Turbo in my garage, so "only" the 10 others on the list are missing.
    Maybe I should start playing lotto or work harder...

Or get the 1:18 scale versions ... I'll look for: CGT, GT3RS, RUF Turbo, Murc Barchetta, F360CS, SL55AMG, Radical SR3, Aston Vanquish/AMV8, Quattroporte, R&R Phantom

4th model line, more pics...

You've probably already seen these...
    A porsche SEDAN, it freaks me out, I hate it. Ferdinand never wanted this.
    Do you realize this is a Porsche which was a magnificent sportscarmanufacturer once, As a matter a fact, I will sell my Porsche and save money to buy a Ferrari, and say, goodbye to Porsche. I love porsche, but please, 1 mistake is more than enough, isn't it? (cayenne)

Re: 4th model line, more pics...

They might be indepenent, but still....

Quote:
    911Art said:
    You've probably already seen these...
    A porsche SEDAN, it freaks me out, I hate it. Ferdinand never wanted this.
    Do you realize this is a Porsche which was a magnificent sportscarmanufacturer once, As a matter a fact, I will sell my Porsche and save money to buy a Ferrari, and say, goodbye to Porsche. I love porsche, but please, 1 mistake is more than enough, isn't it? (cayenne)

1. the Cayenne helped Porsche to survive the bad sportscars year(s) which actually are already here
    2. have you driven a Cayenne Turbo lately? I bet I outrun most so called sportscars out there and I'm not talking about straight line performance...
    3. Ferdinand WANTED a 4 door and 4 seater Porsche (he even thought about a Porsche offroader), don't know where you got your claim from
    4. a sports sedan is the only logical consequence from the Cayenne

To make it short: Porsche can build tractors if they wish to (they did that before too... ) as long as they still offer real sports cars. The 997 clearly shows that Porsche didn't forget about their core business and the Carrera GT is another example of fine engineering.
    I mean C'MON...Ferrari is owned by Fiat and who gives a sh...

i just hope the 4 door model to look good, something placed head and shoulders above the competition.

J.Seven

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    i just hope the 4 door model to look good, something placed head and shoulders above the competition.

J.Seven

The 4th model is planned for 2008, so I guess there is plenty of time to work out something timeless and special. I agree that another 911 front on a Phaeton won't do it...

I still don't like it...... And I think I never will, now, I know that the Cayenne is an extremly cool car, before I drove the S version, I didn't like the Cayenne idea at all, but now, I'm used to it and like it in all it's ways, but I still don't like the idea, you know what I mean? And I think I will never get used to a Sedan. Allthough I hope the best....

A friend of mine, a F355 owner, tells me that Porsche isn't selling very well lately (in the Netherlands)..which I haven't checked yet, so maybe you can tell me how Porsche is selling now. This friend of mine is laughing loudly at Porsche by the way, which makes me angry.

"agree that another 911 front on a Phaeton won't do it... "

RC, you get the idea

J.Seven

Quote:
    911Art said:
    A friend of mine, a F355 owner, tells me that Porsche isn't selling very well lately (in the Netherlands)..which I haven't checked yet, so maybe you can tell me how Porsche is selling now. This friend of mine is laughing loudly at Porsche by the way, which makes me angry.

Tell him tha FIAT is in trouble and Ferrari may go to GM or the next best offer and watch his jaw drop and the ask him if his F355 isn't due for a new timing belt

man Porsches a sell out!! Instead of creating sports cars now they are in it for the money

porsche should just go for a true 2+2 a la ferrari 456 / 612

Well CGI's don't really excite me, spy shots do. But the concept I am sure will give a very accurate physical and maybe inner(engine wise) description of the actual car? Paris 04', can't wait.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    porsche should just go for a true 2+2 a la ferrari 456 / 612

And how many could they sell? 100? 500? 1000? Not interesting enough for Porsche. They need another high volume model.
    As far as I heard, Porsche wants to sell from each model at least 20000 cars to be "satisfied". This would add up to 80000 Porsche cars per year. This is actually less than expected but it seems to be enough to keep Porsche independent.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688821 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408826 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255578 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234833 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857673 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773572 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM