Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Need Help! How do I open my trunk??

Hey guys,

I did something rather stupid today. I switched off my car's power with that red switch in the trunk in the front of the car. I then closed the front lid, I then realised you needed power for the switch to open the front lid now how am I supposed open the front lid if I've cut off my power supply? Is there a lever somewhere in the car to open the front trunk manually?

Much appreciated! Photographic help would be even better if it is a rather complicated process.

Re: Need Help! How do I open my trunk??

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

I did something rather stupid today. I switched off my car's power with that red switch in the trunk in the front of the car. I then closed the front lid, I then realised you needed power for the switch to open the front lid now how am I supposed open the front lid if I've cut off my power supply? Is there a lever somewhere in the car to open the front trunk manually?

Much appreciated! Photographic help would be even better if it is a rather complicated process.

Mike there is a manual pull lever directly under the dash left of the steering wheel. Just pull it. I do not believe it is power activated.

Good thing I took delivery 2 days ago and I still remember. There is an emergency release cable (looks like a black loop), under the dash (on the left side here)

Would you guys please take a photo for me? I'm on the right side of the car remember So I'm not sure which side they would have put it.

Mike, on a RHD car just reach under the steering column, it is behind the adjust lever, where the leather part ends. You will feel a small hook shaped lever. Just pull it.
    It is also shown on page 39 of the English F430 Driver's Handbook. If you are still stuck I will scan my handbook for you. Let me know.

My handbook is in my front trunk so I couldn't get it to find out for myself! Talk about bad luck!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    My handbook is in my front trunk so I couldn't get it to find out for myself! Talk about bad luck!

Now that's what I call a tricky situation...

BTW, why don't you keep your books in the glove compartment?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

The glove compartment is already so small, if I put the books there it would leave me almost no space left for storage for other purposes. So I just put them in the front.

Did you find the manual release Mike? If not I will scan my handbook for you.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

The glove compartment is already so small, if I put the books there it would leave me almost no space left for storage for other purposes. So I just put them in the front.

Mike, there's an extra space in the glove compartment lid, where the leather booklet fits in nicely!

Here we go, Mike...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Here we go, Mike...

I nearly always open the trunk this way. Either I'm about to enter the car and the ignition is still switched off or I arrive somewhere, turn off the ignition and then remember that I've got something in the trunk.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Here we go, Mike...

Thanks Rossi! You're a champ!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Here we go, Mike...

And just in case you are confused because of the RHD version...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Here we go, Mike...

lol

good luck Mike !!!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Here we go, Mike...

lol

good luck Mike !!!

hahaha you guys crack me up

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

Why don't you just buy a new car

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

The Cape of good hope has already been turned into a giant car park, thanks to him. He buys one more and they throw him into the sea .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

The Cape of good hope has already been turned into a giant car park, thanks to him. He buys one more and they throw him into the sea .

Now that you mention it....

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

Temm, buying a new car is surely the best solution for Mike...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

Yes, a thing like this will never happen in the Audi R8 he's getting next year....

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

Yes, a thing like this will never happen in the Audi R8 he's getting next year....

LOL! I've depleted my funds, no more car buying for me

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

'

looool

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

You mean this year, right?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

Hahaha, no matter what I post. Rossi and temm are always out to get me

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hey guys,

Well, I could have said this month ...

I get your point

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Yes we are - always
    Especially since you're the kind of guy who can take it (and I mean that in a non-sexual way)

I suggest a garage sale next spring to make room for the R8, and maybe a V8 Vantage Roadster

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Yes we are - always
    Especially since you're the kind of guy who can take it (and I mean that in a non-sexual way)

I suggest a garage sale next spring to make room for the R8, and maybe a V8 Vantage Roadster

Why a garage sale? I would think you would be a good enough friend to go with me to SA and take some of those pesky cars off his hands. That should stop Africa, at least temporarily, from tilting towards the South. All those droughts are almost certainly the effect of it being closer to the sun, as Mike's cars in the south are pushing that part further under the water and raising Kenya.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Yes we are - always

Why a garage sale? I would think you would be a good enough friend to go with me to SA and take some of those pesky cars off his hands. That should stop Africa, at least temporarily, from tilting towards the South. All those droughts are almost certainly the effect of it being closer to the sun, as Mike's cars in the south are pushing that part further under the water and raising Kenya.

HA HA HA!! You have WAAAAY too much time Just kidding

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778024 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442014 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261177 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85427 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5691 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880847 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816412 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM