Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Picked up my 997 RS

Thanks VM for your write ups. Such a GREAT read.

One question still in my head is why the RS seems to be such a superior package compared to the GT3(997), yet on paper both seem so similar?

Anyone driven both that can comment?

Quote:
    Porker said:
    I see you put it to good use

You tricky little bastard

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Hi Mobile,
    havent't seen you around here for some time! And now this... Great car! What a color! CONGRATULATIONS!

zz

"Don't talk - just do it!"

Thanks. Yes, finally!!!

Now, next car 430 ...

Picture

I like this one very much

Re: Picture

The driver of the RS right next to me is a very skilled driver. He drives also Porsche Cup. I have never seen a faster driver with a street legal car. Phenomenal. (By the way - he was the first customer who got his RS ...)

Re: Another picture

Quote:
    Frisco said:
    Congrats on the early delivery - here are some pics that I saw on another site

Hmm, Horst v. Saurma GT3 RS Supertest?

Quote:
    mobile said:
    The driver of the RS right next to me is a very skilled driver. He drives also Porsche Cup. I have never seen a faster driver with a street legal car. Phenomenal. (By the way - he was the first customer who got his RS ...)

Great pic !!!

What's your 1st impressions on track ???

Have you had a geo set up on yet ???

G.

Quote:
    GlennMc said:
    Quote:
    mobile said:

Great pic !!!

G.

There is a huge difference between street and track. Once you've been on track with that machine, there is no other place you would like to be with that car.

There were so much request for fotos, discussions, etc. - I didn't had much time on track. Maybe a few points:

- On track you need much more camber. -2,5 seems to be a good choice. (At least related to the shoulder of the tires).

- stabis seems a little strange. On the rear hard, on the front one before soft. But still a little to much understeer in my opinion. Maybe you even need more camber? (-3 with more toe-in??) Next Spring I will ask Manthey for a setup.

- Front breaks seems to have Pagid racing pads (yellow one). Some of our club member will ask Porsche engineering if these are special RS-Pads. Because normally Pagid Racing Pads are not street legal.

- I'm afraid those Michelin tires won't keep long ... (Most attrition was in the middle of the tires and seems to come from hard braking.)

- Don't now the right word: Gear affiliation? It is much better. After every gear change you get full power for further acceleration. Great feeling.

- Steering is great. Much more easier to drive.

- PASM works very well. On track I like the Suspension Modus "SPORT" very much.

- In one curve (Audi-Curve at NR) the car feels a little strange. Don't now what it is. Feels like something active, some horizontal movement ... Could be anything. Will further try to analyse what it was.

- Compared to former Semi-Slicks the new Michelin tires seems to get quicker on high temperatures.

- Sound, sound, sound. Oh boy - on Nürburgring you can hear the GT3 Sportexhaust in the pitlane, even when the car passed by the corner at the end of start-ziel, entering Mercedes Arena.

This car was build for the track. That's for sure.

car looks amazing, thanks

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    GlennMc said:
    Quote:
    mobile said:

Great pic !!!

G.

There is a huge difference between street and track. Once you've been on track with that machine, there is no other place you would like to be with that car.

There were so much request for fotos, discussions, etc. - I didn't had much time on track. Maybe a few points:

- On track you need much more camber. -2,5 seems to be a good choice. (At least related to the shoulder of the tires).

- stabis seems a little strange. On the rear hard, on the front one before soft. But still a little to much understeer in my opinion. Maybe you even need more camber? (-3 with more toe-in??) Next Spring I will ask Manthey for a setup.

- Front breaks seems to have Pagid racing pads (yellow one). Some of our club member will ask Porsche engineering if these are special RS-Pads. Because normally Pagid Racing Pads are not street legal.

- I'm afraid those Michelin tires won't keep long ... (Most attrition was in the middle of the tires and seems to come from hard braking.)

- Don't now the right word: Gear affiliation? It is much better. After every gear change you get full power for further acceleration. Great feeling.

- In one curve (Audi-Curve at NR) the car feels a little strange. Don't now what it is. Feels like something active, some horizontal movement ... Could be anything. Will further try to analyse what it was.

- Compared to former Semi-Slicks the new Michelin tires seems to get quicker on high temperatures.

- Sound, sound, sound. Oh boy - on Nürburgring you can hear the GT3 Sportexhaust in the pitlane, even when the car passed by the corner at the end of start-ziel, entering Mercedes Arena.

I have soo many questions, so tell me when i start to bore you!!!

Is the exhaust louder with the sport button on ??

How much power difference with sport button on ?? (feel)

Why are you waiting until next year for set up, as the earlier you do it, the more tyre wear you will save on track ??

Have you compared your steel brakes to driving one with PCCB ??

is the car better in soft or sport PASM mode at the Ring ??

Thanks

Glenn.

Congratulations Mobile!

amazing Mobile!
    do you have other pics of your car and of the black rs?

nice pics and thank's for sharing

Quote:
    GlennMc said:
    Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    GlennMc said:
    Quote:
    mobile said:

Great pic !!!

G.

I have soo many questions, so tell me when i start to bore you!!!

Is the exhaust louder with the sport button on ??

How much power difference with sport button on ?? (feel)

Why are you waiting until next year for set up, as the earlier you do it, the more tyre wear you will save on track ??

Have you compared your steel brakes to driving one with PCCB ??

is the car better in soft or sport PASM mode at the Ring ??

Thanks

Glenn.

With Sport Button on the sport exhaust works also below 4.000 - 5.000 revs. Otherwise it only works above. YES, then it is definitely louder. You will be 100% satisfied. No doubt.

It is very diffecult to feel or value the power difference. I guess it is more psychological. Because of the louder sport exhaust with sport button on, it seems you have started the machine room for an aircraft carrier. It is very diffecult to concentrate on the power difference

Why I'm waiting: I would like to test the car a little bit more to find my preferd setup. (one or two events) Manthey works very exact! They take your prefered driving style into consideration. The other reason is, that winter is coming. There won't be any tracks open. So for driving on street (if it is not snowing) serial setup is fine.

No, I haven't compared with PCCB. I spoke to many GT3-Driver, also to some Porsche-Engineers. If you drive a lot on the track - PCCB won't be a huge advantage. The won't last that long! And PCCB is really, really expensive. As I said before in my post - the new RS seems to come with special racing pads from pagid. So you even don't need to buy new racing pads. Otherwise I don't thing that street legal PCCB can be that much better than true racing pads. (The Problem is, that there arn't street legal. PCCB is.)

For Nürburgring Grand Prix Circuit my opinion is that sport mode PASM is better. Particular for curves like the fast Bilstein-Curve. Here suspension could even bee harder. The car is nowhere nervous. Nordschleife of course might be different.

Quote:
    andrea said:
    amazing Mobile!

MORE??

Not from the black one. (Right now). The other pictures have to be adapted, especially the size.

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    Frisco said:
    Congrats on the early delivery - here are some pics that I saw on another site

Hmm, Horst v. Saurma GT3 RS Supertest?

Yes, I got the confirmation. H.v.S. tested both cars.

mobile...You are absolutely great!!
    Great review of your car.
    As you describe it i consider it very addicting!!!!

Mobile, are your pads racing and not street legal?What's the name of that Pagid?
    Do you know if there is something different between your RS and normal GT3 about suspension(rate springs-wheel support)?

Quote:
    andrea said:
    Mobile, are your pads racing and not street legal?What's the name of that Pagid?
    Do you know if there is something different between your RS and normal GT3 about suspension(rate springs-wheel support)?

Not sure what pads there are. Yellow normally stands for hard, long-range route racing pads

I don't think suspension is considerable stiffer. (The basis GT3 already has something about 100 Nm) Maybe a slightly different PASM-Setup.

Congrats Mobile on a very very cool p-car. Wonderful that you've been able to take it to "the ring."
    ENJOY !!!

Quote:
    andrea said:
    amazing Mobile!

A few pictures for you:

next one

and the next

from the back

cfk wing

Place to be

Thanks for the pics !!!!

Although this is total torture !!!!!

Roll on January

grazie Mobile!

Wow, how cool.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779504 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442299 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263142 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261426 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85661 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5826 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881127 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817736 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM