Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Another picture

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    JP66 said:
    Congrats Mobile Your car is simply SUPERB!

PS. Did your car come with a paint color code for the wheels? Could you plese let me know if so...thanks.

I didn't find any color code for the wheels. But you can call Customer Advisory Service Exclusive/Tequipment at Porsche. The gave me the color code for painting the front cage in orange. Let me know if you need a telephone number.

Mobile, do you have also the front roll-bar?I can't see clearly from the picture.

Mobile, what time will you be at the 'Ring? I'm not too far and would be great to meet up with another Rennteamer, that is if it doesn't snow!!!

Holy holy... I'm in love! That car just rocks!
    Im glad they replaced the crest sticker on the front bonnet og the 996 GT3 with a proper crest and put the sticker on the back. Gives the car its soul back
    Really looking forward to more more MORE pics!
    -Joost-

See you at the N'ring tomorrow

WOW!!!!
    Congrats on a great car.

thanks for the great feedback, it really helps me in considering for either a TT or GT3... keep them coming

STUNNING - any have pics of the GREEN RS???

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    JP66 said:

PS. Did your car come with a paint color code for the wheels? Could you plese let me know if so...thanks.

I didn't find any color code for the wheels. But you can call Customer Advisory Service Exclusive/Tequipment at Porsche. The gave me the color code for painting the front cage in orange. Let me know if you need a telephone number.

Thanks for checking

Looks like the car is ready to hit the track. Wicked color.

Re: Picked up my 997 RS

Quote:
    mobile said:Sunday I will be at the Nürburgring, next Saturday at Hockenheim.

the ring in the new rs
    man! i am so envious!
    had the no.1 slot at my dealer and gave it up out of sheer ignorance
    course it wouldnt have been the row version.
    you got a fantastic car!
    planning any mods or is it perfect as is

jealous jeff

what a car... Enjoy in good health

also jealous

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    Mobile, what time will you be at the 'Ring? I'm not too far and would be great to meet up with another Rennteamer, that is if it doesn't snow!!!

From 8 AM until 6 PM

Quote:
    andrea said:
    Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    JP66 said:

Mobile, do you have also the front roll-bar?I can't see clearly from the picture.

Yes, I have ordered it. Don't now why - seems to take more time than all the other equipment stuff. But it also has to be painted in orange. Porsche Motorsport has only black ones. So it could take a while.

Congratulations! You lucky guy!

So mean, brutal and racy looking. The GT3RS is my personal favorite for the track.

Hope you get to enjoy thoroughly!

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    harryo2b said:

From 8 AM until 6 PM

Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit! Not Nürburgring Nordschleife. (NS is 14.11 - depending on the weather.)

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Funny story: I went to my dealer today, where everyone wanted to see the RS. I never saw that much interest in a car. Tomorrow is the presentation of the new Targa. Now my Porsche centre complains that if I will come with the RS tomorrow, no one wanted to see the Targa anymore. They could stop the presentation at that point. They have no doubt about it

When I visited the PZ Seestern in D'dorf for the Targa presentation today, my salesguy told that a customer will be so nice to put his new GT3RS in the showroom for a couple of days next week (it's funny that the dealerships have to ask their customers for a favour, as they can't get democars from the factory ). Are you the gentle customer At least your numberplate indicates that you're living in the "suitable" state (NRW)

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    mobile said:
    Funny story: I went to my dealer today, where everyone wanted to see the RS. I never saw that much interest in a car. Tomorrow is the presentation of the new Targa. Now my Porsche centre complains that if I will come with the RS tomorrow, no one wanted to see the Targa anymore. They could stop the presentation at that point. They have no doubt about it

When I visited the PZ Seestern in D'dorf for the Targa presentation today, my salesguy told that a customer will be so nice to put his new GT3RS in the showroom for a couple of days next week (it's funny that the dealerships have to ask their customers for a favour, as they can't get democars from the factory ). Are you the gentle customer At least your numberplate indicates that you're living in the "suitable" state (NRW)

No, I'm not that gentle But I visited the Targa presentation today at my local dealer to show the RS to some of their customers.
    Since a few months I prefere a new garage. Those guys are great and very service oriented. (They have been working for Porsche for a long time.) I visited them today to build in the new 6-point harness and the fire extinguisher. (My local dealer is totally booked up for the next two weeks!) Funny: It almost cost me nothing - but I had to take them in the RS for a short trip

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Beautiful car!!! Would you say the exhaust note is considerable louder than the normal 997 GT3?

Good question! I never thought about it. I don't know. Considerable ... maybe not. It is just that I didn't recognize that loud sound at low revs in Sport Modus in a 997 GT3. Maybe the GT3-driver was driving in Normal Modus. Could be. But - I drove some laps with a C4S on the Nürburgring Nordschleife behind Andreas Preuninger in a "Basis" GT3. And even with Sport exhaust in the 4S you could hear the GT3 inside the 4S. Incredible. So the Basis GT3 version is also very, very loud. No doubt.
    Yesterday I passed by a black 430 with my RS. Also a beautiful car. His Sport exhaust doesn't seems to be louder.
    For me the point is that Porsche has improved the sound related to the 996 version. So Mr. Preuninger:

I hope I get to hear one in person soon

Mobile, compliments for your new beast!! I felt exactly the same things one I first drove mine!!

BTW the exhaust is the same on both version, GT3 RS and GT3!

I Am first on my dealers list for the RS I have been on the list first for almost a year now. I know this car will be the best ever. Way more car than the GT 2 or TT. Your report makes me look forward to the Kentucky day that I pick up my new car. What about this forced clown paint sceam that must be swollowed.

By far the best sportscar right now !!!!, gt3rs and gt3 !!!!!

Please mobile try and upload a video (youtube for example), driving or starting the car, whatever you want !!!!!!!

All these talking about the new engine sound of the 997gt3 is just driving me crazy !!!!!, is it that loud and that better vs the 996 gt3 !!!!, I am dreaming with this car !!!!!!

I still havent seen a gt3 in real , and you already have an RS in your garage !!!!, you are my hero !!!!

I see you put it to good use

Congratulations on getting your RS!

Quote:
    jimhuber said:
    I Am first on my dealers list for the RS I have been on the list first for almost a year now. I know this car will be the best ever. Way more car than the GT 2 or TT. Your report makes me look forward to the Kentucky day that I pick up my new car. What about this forced clown paint sceam that must be swollowed.

this is amazing!!!!!

Congratulations Man and enjoy!!!!!
    I hope to have the possibility to drive one in the next future to know how does it feel like

Hi Mobile,
    havent't seen you around here for some time! And now this... Great car! What a color! CONGRATULATIONS!

zz

Congrats on picking a great color (not BLACK, or WHITE, or SILVER!)

Dan

Quote:
    jimhuber said:

Jim,
    Where in KY are you are you far from Cinci?

-Eric

Congrats on the early delivery - here are some pics that I saw on another site

Eric, Lexington Kentucky is the home base. I am from Cincinnati, moved ten years ago. From Cincinnati? Mid Ohio will be the first track trip I think.

Jim

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779433 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442284 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263132 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261418 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85654 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5823 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881116 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817691 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM