Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

There're strong rumors 997 will be presented in Portugal

World premier.
    Read this in a Magazine and talked to my dealer who told me that it's a strong possibility, but didn't confirmed me yet.
    If this happens, I'll be there and you may expect dozens of photos.

There will be dozens of cars for the press and clients to test drive and the town will be Estoril, exactly where I live

J.Seven

Re: There're strong rumors 997 will be presented in Portugal

Great!!

When is this.

J. Seven...Com tantos problemas no nosso país convinha mesmo k o 997 fosse apresentando em Portugal.Sempre dava pa animar.E se fosse hoje ainda era melhor, com a passagem do FC Porto ás meias da Champions League ontem isso era 1a Páscoa em xeio.Saudações Açoreanas.

It better be.I also read these on Auto Foco.Everybody here is saying that it will be on ours roads by early july.

Woshh....

My dealer told me that the dealer presentation are scheduled for May 2004!

If the 997 is slated for production post the August factory shut down..then the public release needs to be in the April/May timeframe...otherwise Porsche will be producing a considerable number of cars on spec...as opposed to meeting orders...not quite the way the factory has worked.

Quote:
    BillC4S said:
    If the 997 is slated for production post the August factory shut down..then the public release needs to be in the April/May timeframe...otherwise Porsche will be producing a considerable number of cars on spec...as opposed to meeting orders...not quite the way the factory has worked.

Bill:

I think what you're hearing/seeing is that Porsche will have some factory cars produced well before the August shutdown. They'll roll out some of these (most either Black or Arctic, with some nice options) out to dealers late July/early August in anticipation of the showing worldwide. None would be released from ports until PAG gives the green light, but then they will start trickling in.

After that, drooling customers who have to be the first to own will order their cars and you'll see those begin to roll in maybe in the October window. But suffice it to say PAG will produce enough of these in advance in some configurations that will sell easily, and US dealers will have to take what is thrown to them in the first few months.

Viva!

Tirando o clima, não vejo grandes motivos para a apresentação ser cá. Mas se assim for, será um grande acontecimento! Agradecia que se tal acontecer, que avisassem quando e como isso irá acontecer, já que devem estar mais dentro do assunto que eu, que lá estarei de certeza absoluta! Quem sabe até no Autodromo...

Já agora e já que somos dos poucos Tugas por aki, vcs pertencem por acaso ao Porsche Clube Portugal? Eu sou um "jovem" de 21 anitos, e de vez em quando apareço nos encontros com o meu pai. Se calhar já "esbarraram" com o meu "pequeno" site www.terravista.pt/guincho/2715/
    O meu pai tem um 911 SC Targa de 83. Que mákinas têm já agora?

Abraços

Extremelly fine if it happens in Portugal... but wasn't it scheduled to be in Paris Auto Show?

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    World premier.
    Read this in a Magazine and talked to my dealer who told me that it's a strong possibility, but didn't confirmed me yet.
    If this happens, I'll be there and you may expect dozens of photos.

There will be dozens of cars for the press and clients to test drive and the town will be Estoril, exactly where I live

J.Seven

To straighten things out:

very likely true (heard the same rumor)...but this is an event for dealers (and maybe the press) only, not the public!
    Public presentation still in Paris.

And of course the first cars hit the streets in july because this is when dealers get the first cars.

A few people wonder now: why does Porsche present the 997 in Paris if the dealers already sell cars before that?
    Simple: if Porsche announces now a new 911, 996 sales will drop instantly. A lot of recent 996 customers don't seem to have a clue that the 997 is coming and most dealers didn't tell them because it isn't "official" yet. This is how business works...

Porsche Maniac, eu tb faço parte do Portugal Porsche Club, estive em Braga no passado fim de semana e foi excelente. No site já está um resumo do evento e algumas fotografias. Consegui o primeiro lugar no Slalom e vou colocar on-line algumas fotografias do evento. Custuma ir aos encontros de Sábado na Marina de Cascais? Um abraço

July was the date I've heard , I'll keep you posted, and I'll be there for sure.

J.Seven

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    Porsche Maniac, eu tb faço parte do Portugal Porsche Club, estive em Braga no passado fim de semana e foi excelente. No site já está um resumo do evento e algumas fotografias.
    J.Seven

J.Seven, I was looking at the pics of that Porsche event in Braga's circuit in Portuguese Porsche Club website just yesterday! it looked like a lot of fun. The track is only about 1hr away from were I live in Spain.

As matter of fact, I have a track event at that track in a week and a half (the 17th of this month) but for sportbikes organised by the Federacion Gallega de Motociclismo, so I'll be putting on my leathers and taking the GSX-R1000 instead of the 996 in this case, should be fun too

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    Porsche Maniac, eu tb faço parte do Portugal Porsche Club, estive em Braga no passado fim de semana e foi excelente. No site já está um resumo do evento e algumas fotografias.
    J.Seven

J.Seven, I was looking at the pics of that Porsche event in Braga's circuit in Portuguese Porsche Club website just yesterday! it looked like a lot of fun. The track is only about 1hr away from were I live in Spain.

As matter of fact, I have a track event at that track in a week and a half (the 17th of this month) but for sportbikes organised by the Federacion Gallega de Motociclismo, so I'll be putting on my leathers and taking the GSX-R1000 instead of the 996 in this case, should be fun too

Yes it was alot of fun. We've been during almost all the afternoon on the circuit. During the morning we made the qualifying laps. I'll put some pics on-line later on.
    Here's a pic of my group coming out of the circuit.

Carlos, forgot to mention, I'm sure you'll like the Braga Circuit. It's not very fast, but it's challenged. Be careful at the end of the main straight, there's a funny but slow right turn. Have fun.

J.Seven

Thanks J.Seven, I'll be carefull since I haven't been around that track and I still have to learn it, besides the gixxer is so crazy it can get you in big trouble before you know whats going on. BTW, now that I see the pic you posted of your cab I recognise it from a pic in the Portuguese Porsche website now, very nice

As RC said the public debut is Indicating to be in Paris

Im afraid most people just don't have any paitence where this car is concerned? Im one of them, but I have gotten better at it. PORSCHE PLEASE RELEASE OFFICAL PICS NOW!!!!!

Quote:
    M5er said:
    Im afraid most people just don't have any paitence where this car is concerned? Im one of them, but I have gotten better at it. PORSCHE PLEASE RELEASE OFFICAL PICS NOW!!!!!

Official pics should be released beginning of June.
    Shortly after, dealers send out invitations for the presentation at dealerships.
    The pictures should have been released earlier but apparently the marketing department (or whoever ) was concerned.
    Some pictures are already available but only to certain people in the Porsche organization. They show a front shot, one from the rear and one from the side and one interior shot. Well, maybe there are more available.

Quote:
    M5er said:

An admirable show of restraint, M5er!

What are going to be like by the end of May?

fritz

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    M5er said:

An admirable show of restraint, M5er!

What are going to be like by the end of May?

fritz

Thats what I have heard, possibly early June as well.

STOP IT RC, STOP IT! I CAN'T TAKE IT!

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    Carlos, forgot to mention, I'm sure you'll like the Braga Circuit. It's not very fast, but it's challenged. Be careful at the end of the main straight, there's a funny but slow right turn. Have fun.
    J.Seven

Had a great time, I enjoyed the track very much though a bit slow for my bike, it was more suited for less powerful bikes but great fun nevertheless as you can tell how I left my rear tire at the end of the day

Before and after:

Ready to hit the track...

I'm glad you enjoy the day, the weather seemed nice too
    Regarding the circuit, I also felt it was a slow circuit, good Boxster curcuit

By the way, your tire looks great

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM