Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My Cayenne Turbo arrived...

I just picked it up today.
    It looks great, it drives great but there are two major disappointments:
    1. lurching (YES), shifting and throttle reaction are horrible
    2. engine/exhaust sound (our vacuum cleaner sounds nicer...)

I'll post a detailled report after Eastern but I have to admit that I didn't expect that kind of bad shifting/throttle reaction.
    CF suggested to turn off PSM and try again and this is exactly what I'm gonna do over the next few days but compared to our ML55 AMG, the shifting/throttle response is absolutely horrible.

Another (small) disappointment: the front engine protection plate has a slightly brown color tone which makes it look a little bit strange on a titanium colored car. I think it looks best on a green car.

Don't worry, I really like my Cayenne Turbo but I never thought the "lurching thing" could be that annoying. I know that the gearbox and engine have to "learn" first and that it'll gonna improve but it still feels strange.

Re: My Cayenne Turbo arrived...

Another picture.

Front protection plate...

Side look.

Last picture.

Congratulations RC!!!

Finally!

Turning off the PCM will give you a much more aggressive shift mapping. That should't be the solution though, of course. Porsche needs to work on this.

congratulations!! they look beautiful, can you take some pictures with the light on? I'm curious about euro spec cayenne's light.

those lower valance have textures right? ohh no did you let the dealer drill the front holes for the front plate??

anyway, that car is a beauty!! time to get Techart exhaust system since the stock one sounds worse than a vacuum cleaner

Looks great. Like the wheels!

Dain

Congratulations!! Hope you like it as much as I do.

Oh yes finally the wait is over.

Congrats!!! she is a beauty, now it's time for your review and report.

Very nice color too, by the way .

VERY VERY VERY VERY NICE Looks like its going to be time to have fun with your new baby. Congrates man.

Quote:
    Another (small) disappointment: the front engine protection plate has a slightly brown color tone which makes it look a little bit strange on a titanium colored car. I think it looks best on a green car.

I don't know what that is. Surely it's not cosmoline. It should be bright metallic brushed stainless steel, like at the rear hatch. Maybe it just needs a cleaning?

Congratulations RC on your Cayenne.

I really dig that wheels:)))

Woshhhh....

Congrats, it's always a special felling to pick up a new toy

Post some interior pics

J.Seven

Congratulations! The car looks great :-)

Congrats RC!!!
    Nice color, nice wheels, hope you enjoy it!

Congrats my friend!!!!

Now is my time...-60 days to delivery..

Ciao
    Dario

Freakin' awesome!

The tinted windows look so pimp!

Congrats and hopefully it should be trouble free

I just thought to ask, doesn't the gearbox come from Mercedes? I know the 911 one does, is the Cayenne's the same but beefed up or a new one? 5/6 gears?

Engine noise disappointing, the V8 burble is a beast, the only car remotely comparable in sound is the CL65, which is of course quieter...

Congrats RC
    good choice of wheels too. You don't like the exhaust sound? I haven't heard it in real life but in video is sounded good to me, a deep growl of a big powerful V8 which suited the Cayenne TT very well. Maybe you can post a sound file later on?

gorgeous from the side view--

i'm with you on your disappointments though-- hopefully things work out a bit over short period of time...

congratulations christian

i like the color, the rims and the privacy glasses -- does look great. and mighty.

and regarding the exhaust sound... i wonder if there's an europipe system available for the cayenne

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    Freakin' awesome!

The tinted windows look so pimp!

Congrats and hopefully it should be trouble free

I just thought to ask, doesn't the gearbox come from Mercedes? I know the 911 one does, is the Cayenne's the same but beefed up or a new one? 5/6 gears?

Engine noise disappointing, the V8 burble is a beast, the only car remotely comparable in sound is the CL65, which is of course quieter...

First at all: THANKS GUYS, I know that some of you actually don't like the Cayenne and this is why I appreciate your wishes even more. I can assure you that it is a very impressive car and apparently people on the street like it a lot because they start asking me about it at the fuel station, parking lot, etc..

Back to "business": I need tinted (actually heat insulating) glass because I have two kids riding in the rear and the sun can be sometimes pretty nasty in Bavaria (or Italy/South France).
    The gearbox of the Cayenne is made by the japanese company Aisin who do heavy duty stuff for trucks, etc.

The exhaust sound is quite a disappointment because I heard the Cayenne in two or three videos and it had that superb V8 growl of the old US muscle cars. It seems that the press gets special versions of the Cayenne...
    My wife is actually happy about it but I might consider installing a sport exhaust later on.

Regarding the "lurching" thing: when I turn the PSM (ESP) off, the car changes completely, throttle and shifting response are absolutely great. I tried to drive a little bit more aggressive with PSM on (NOT off!) and it seems that the gearbox adapts pretty fast to my driving style but it still isn't what I expect. With PSM off however, it is exactly how I like it. Now if Porsche would adapt my motronic/gearbox ECU mapping in such a way that it reacts with PSM on like it does with PSM off, I'd be a very happy guy.
    I can't hide the feeling that the current mapping setup has something to do with fuel consumption and maybe emissions.

Quote:
    I can't hide the feeling that the current mapping setup has something to do with fuel consumption and maybe emissions.

I agree completely! Well ... that plus some "Mother Hen" safety concerns over anyone spinning their tires. I find it darn difficult to break traction with this car. I guess that's good for safety reasons, but I really miss sliding sideways.

Great sign 330!

Congratulations RC
    I remember you ordered colored wheels?

Congratulations, have fun.....

Thanks RC, I know Aisin Warner makes the Lexus LS430 gearbox as well, and that has recieved a lot of praise...

Try and get a sports exhaust, remove the cats, and make some drifting videos

I hope you're adhering to the break in period

Congrats RC, awesome truck
    The titanium grey color looks a little blueish on these pics. I recently saw a basaltblack Cayenne with the front underside protection plate and it didn't look different on that one, mixed
    up quite well actually.

Very nice and enjoy

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689086 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408957 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255648 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234896 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65477 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857805 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773767 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM