Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

So, has your Man-Car love waned? Wo Hoppen?

I got my car (06C2S) last September. I haven't seen it in about five days. There's a battery maintainer up it's cig lighter. It's kinda dusty. I haven't washed it for a few months though there's a good coat of wax on it (don't drive it much). There's bug jerky on the front bumber but I always keep the windshield clean.

When I do drive it (drove it last weekend) It's a total blast but at other times I forget completely about it.

I come to the rennteam to see if maybe I can help somebody figure thru their problems while in the midst of their compelling infatuation with the beautiful car which I completely understand.

I used to think going to the dealer for service/recall was an adventure now I just see it as a PITA.

Detailing? Gotta have the sparking windshield but I Don't give a cr*p anymore. I just wipe down the leather seats with a damp towel (to get any smells from work then transferred by my clothes off of the highly absorbant leather, you know offices are supposed to be very stinky unhealthy places).

I've curtailed my routine 125+ mph jaunts because time/luck must be running out for me getting caught and screwed. Still pass like a "safe" bastard though.

When I see the car in the garage I wonder if I got the right color (Silver).

I see Pirelli P zeros with 6000 miles and another PITA "project," to replace them soon.

I've got "only" three years left on the warrenty. Car gets traded in before warrenty runs out.

I've bought my obligatory "hi-def" 1/18 scale car (for home AND office).

Soooooo, what's changed? How long did it take for you to realize your zeal was waning? Is a Turbo the way to go ("hate" the wing).

Any accessories that would increase owner satisfaction? Maybe a high-res blow up doll to put in the pass seat when the car is parked?

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Have you figured out what's "wrong" or what to do about getting your Porsche "hormones" to rage again?

Re: So, has your Man-Car love waned? Wo Hoppen?

What's the story behind the cake?

I haven't taken delivery of my Turbo yet but I imagine that the "luster" wouldnt wear off for me even after years of ownership. I've long lusted after this car since my teenage years. We'll see though.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    What's the story behind the cake?

Yeah, I figured I'd order myself one and eat the whole thing alone in the driver's seat to get my Porsche excitement back.

Seeing that you're a "Rennteam Master," any wise words for a lowly, "Pro" like me?

Maybe you could make it your daily driver car...that could bring back enjoyment... and don't worry about cleaning, I've always disliked that part and I don't do it often at all !
    I don't care if it looks like new or not, I didn't bay it to spend my week ends cleaning it, I got it because I like to drive it and I like the way it is built, and I enjoy owning one...
    Cheer Up!!!

You don't drive it enough...that's the problem. Got mine last Oct. 11th and have 23K miles. No battery maintainer needed here.

MMD, I really enjoyed your slightly depressive post, at least you haven't lost your sense of humour.
    Maybe you're just taking everything for granted. Not everyone gets to drive a 911, very few get to own one. Look around, see what everyone else has to drive, your silver (great colour) may seem a little more special again. If you're a bit bored with your car (understatement of the year), get a Turbo, should perk your interest and then you can chuck the battery maintainer away. Keep the passenger blow up doll you might need her in the future.

You sound married...

Ya just feelin Cr@p, it happens to all of us at some stage. Ya need a holiday or a night out with the lads.

Oh and clean ya C2S...it's filthy, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Hi Res BLOW UP DOLL, now thats when you know you got problems MMD!!

In and out of boredom,... if you have numerous cars this can be considered normal.. I never get tired of my Porsche CUZ I see what everyone else is driving and I praise myself for such good choices.. Of course I am scheming on my next Porsche already # 3 and its got the words TARGA w/no stripe "WHITE" written all over it...One last reason is my car is all MALE, he happily obeys all my commands..

The new PS2's help too...

California dreamin, oh, but the dream is just too real!!!

Daylight savings tonight YUK

Quote:
    Vincenzina said:
    Hi Res BLOW UP DOLL, now thats when you know you got problems MMD!!

Sorry...lost me completely!

Quote:
    MMD said:
    I got my car (06C2S) last September. I haven't seen it in about five days. There's a battery maintainer up it's cig lighter. It's kinda dusty. I haven't washed it for a few months though there's a good coat of wax on it (don't drive it much). There's bug jerky on the front bumber but I always keep the windshield clean.

When I do drive it (drove it last weekend) It's a total blast but at other times I forget completely about it.

I come to the rennteam to see if maybe I can help somebody figure thru their problems while in the midst of their compelling infatuation with the beautiful car which I completely understand.

I used to think going to the dealer for service/recall was an adventure now I just see it as a PITA.

Detailing? Gotta have the sparking windshield but I Don't give a cr*p anymore. I just wipe down the leather seats with a damp towel (to get any smells from work then transferred by my clothes off of the highly absorbant leather, you know offices are supposed to be very stinky unhealthy places).

I've curtailed my routine 125+ mph jaunts because time/luck must be running out for me getting caught and screwed. Still pass like a "safe" bastard though.

When I see the car in the garage I wonder if I got the right color (Silver).

I see Pirelli P zeros with 6000 miles and another PITA "project," to replace them soon.

I've got "only" three years left on the warrenty. Car gets traded in before warrenty runs out.

I've bought my obligatory "hi-def" 1/18 scale car (for home AND office).

Soooooo, what's changed? How long did it take for you to realize your zeal was waning? Is a Turbo the way to go ("hate" the wing).

Any accessories that would increase owner satisfaction?

Maybe a high-res blow up doll to put in the pass seat when the car is parked?

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Have you figured out what's "wrong" or what to do about getting your Porsche "hormones" to rage again?

yah I sorta know what your feelin. I think you need to drive it more.

You can drive one of these domestic Man-Boat models :

@ MMD , Your enthusiasm for cars in general seems to be exhausted . Also imo , a change of vehicle will not help.. I just think some guys get to the stage when its just not important anymore , specially if you worn the t-shirt time and time again..

I think you just need some wild sex , bud.....

throt....

Quote:
    throt said:
    @ MMD , Your enthusiasm for cars in general seems to be exhausted . Also imo , a change of vehicle will not help.. I just think some guys get to the stage when its just not important anymore , specially if you worn the t-shirt time and time again..

I think you just need some wild sex , bud.....

throt....

Couldn't have said it better myself throt..

THe best cure would be: "Sell it..."
    I'm sure you'll miss it after no longer than 2 or 3 months...

You're pretty typical of today's appetites for the extreme. I assume this is your first Porsche?

This is my fourth and with each I have learned a lot. I didn't want or need a turbo. Turbo's are for guys who just have to have the perceived 'best' of everything. I drove a turbo for ten years. I just don't need that kind of power in the USA. Actually, I spent more than what a turbo goes for because I loaded mine up for everything. It's a cruiser, with a great stereo, navigation to get there and back, and plenty of other distractions. With the PSE I can make it a screaming banchee (sp?) or shut it off, turn up the classical music and engage the cruise control. I sort of enjoy putting the cruise on 72, staying in the right lane, and letting the rest of the world go madly speeding along, fried as they rush along with their busy lives. I have always enjoyed Porsches for what they can offer,--ultimate engineering, and quality assembly.

Years ago a friend of mine was over in Europe on one of the autobahns north of Stuttgart and suddenly the traffic was backing up. He eventually (in some disgusting rental thing) got up to see what the problem was. Two new turbos were cruising slowing along at about 45-50 mph in the right lane,--in no hurry. Everyone else was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on. A turbo and not at redline? Hey , there are other things to do with these cars, like serious road trips, not just runs to the local track and back.

Have you ever done a 7-10 day road trip in a 911? Do it. It will make you 'one' with your car and you will better appreciate what went into it.

Others absolutely love people like you who dump their cars when the warranty expires,--and with low miles because you never got around to driving the damn car. You're only doing them a big favor,--and Porsche. They just love the people who are too busy for their cars. And a trickle charger. Are you mad? Unless you live above the Arctic Circle you need to be driving it year around. These things drive beautifully in the snow and rain. Better than anything else. Just get real snow tires for that season.

I figure that you're dumping about $1000 per 100 miles on that car. You'll take a $30,000 bath on the car and have only put 3000-6000 miles on the car.

Everyone. Get up and away from this infernal machine,--this "personal computer," and go drive your cars.

I just got back from a cruise through the canyons of Malibu and lunch on the beach, and a return along the Pacific Coast Highway (sans Enzo Ferrari debris). I'm going nuts with the price of gas in America. Just filled it with $2.55 a gallon premium. When in Europe this summer there were times I was hitting $7.00 a gallon. Use it while it's cheap!

Drive!

Dan

Can't do the sexy affair thing (the lying reeeally bothers me); would make more sense if I disliked my (current) wife.

Can't sell it, gotta trade it for the turbo. Maybe just to see if there stuff about the Turbo I can complain about (joking).

Blow up doll (high res) like the sophisticated babes seen in the Porsche catalogues/Brochures? You know, might be nice to park the car in the garage with such an accessory. Keeps your mind focussed on the romance; at least get rid of all garbage cans in the same view as the car.

Yeah, maybe I got it all wrong, will give the thing a nice wash and wax tomorrow if I can get to it (yeah, hopefully will drive 50-100 miles to dry it off).

Okay:

maybe JUST ONE date with this woman, anybody know her number?

Or perhaps rebuild a classic 911?

Not sure if this would work for me... .

Quote:
    MKW said:

Oh yeah..., workin on it... .

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:

Oh yeah..., workin on it... .

Why stop at TWO ?

I do have to agree with Dan. You need to take a trip. I as well spent 21 days in Europe, 8 hours a day driving and driving. I am certainly glad I developed a bond with my car there, because it just has not been the same back stateside. I am glad I know that these cars are something special, but that is only because I drove it like they should be driven, screaming up mountain passes in Italy, 170mph on the autobahn, rainy mornings on Austria's switchbacks and a couple spins around the Nurburgring!

I think you could be on the right track with the cake!!!

I think maybe you should send your car away for a few days and have no access to it... preferably over a weekend. Hopefully on one of those days it will be perfect driving weather and guess what car you would love to drive?... the P car... but it's not there! What I'm trying to say is that you sometimes really miss something when it's not there. If you still don't miss it, thats ok too because as we know, we all change over time.

As Austin Powers would say..."You've just lost your Pojo!"

I too am no longer fond of cleaning and detailing. Instead I get a valetting guy to come over once a week to do all our cars.

However, I use the 'S' as a daily drive and still get a thrill each time I start her up.

You must use your car more often - I presume you do have PSE?

As Santa Barbara Dan said - go for a drive! I live in Malibu, and I make it a point, no matter what mood my day has created to get in my stress reducer (2006 C4S GT Silver), put some good Jazz on and hit the canyons to PCH, watch the sunset or the glow of the moon and D R I V E. Sometimes fast, sometimes not. Sometimes making a game out ouf it (trying to beat my personal best through Kanan & Mullhullond) and sometimes just losing track of time and speed.

GO DRIVE it. or, sell it and buy a Prius. Someone out there will appreciate your car if you don't!

..I'll go on about it : forget about washing it.
    You need to DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE...

Quote:
    MKW said:

Why stop at TWO ?

LOL, I know. Freaking amazing "force multipliers!" Buuuuuut I think most of "my people" will be hard enough to reassure when they see two. Crossing some kind of a "line" with three (costs, practicality, dAnGeR). IOW, I just want to get to specific locations quickly when conditions turn favorable, plus it seems easy enough to have a reeeeally bad day with just two.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:

Why stop at TWO ?

LOL, I know. Freaking amazing "force multipliers!" Buuuuuut I think most of "my people" will be hard enough to reassure when they see two. Crossing some kind of a "line" with three .

Well , these things are so long ( 40-47 feet ), just paint it white , hold up a fake aluminum mast until you get out of line of sight of the marina away from " your people " and they won't know the difference ! ( other than the fact that there is an odd 90-100 decibel throbbing at idle coming suspiciously from the stern )

I'll have my P-car a year on November 12th. I still love looking at it and driving it but I have stopped sleeping in the garage next to it and now sleep in my own bed.
    Do you think the P-car is lonely Dr. Phil?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776854 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441584 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262707 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260850 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85132 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5521 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880572 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815732 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM