Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

At the age of 25, Alonso is two time F1 World Champion

At an age were no driver in the history of F1 had even won one F1 world Championship title, Fernando Alonso has already two consecutive world champioship titles in his curricumlum. He already joins the ranks of Fitipaldi or Mika Hakkinen in championship titles. Not even Michael Schumacher has been able to beat the newcomer Alonso in his introduction to F1.

Alonso is also the youngest driver to make a podium finish in F1, the youngest to achieve a fastest lap in a race, the youngest to achieve a Pole Position, and the youngest to win a F1 GP race.

Re: At the age of 25, Alonso is two time F1 World Champion

Great result

LOL, Schumacher wanted to win his last race, but he didnt even came on podium

great drive by Alonso!!

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Great result

great drive by Alonso!!

Did you watch the race????

Anyway, if you really think it was a great drive from Alonso, you did not watch the same race as I did...

Alonso it a was a very lucky man

Quote:
    Duncan said:
    Alonso it a was a very lucky man

He is lucky beyond imagination...
    and so is Renault......

People, be happy, Renault the maker of the Laguna, Twingo and the Vel Satis is world champion...and Alonso, well, umh, Alonso...his world champion too.

A day to remember in motorsport

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Great result

great drive by Alonso!!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

pffew... so much resentment. Lets keep it civilised and respectful guys.

Fact is: Schumacher 0 - Alonso 2. Period. Schummy has 7 world titles but he lost his duel with Alonso, and Alonso at the age of 25 has 12 more championships in front of him if he retires at the age that Shumy did, plenty of time to rack in 6 more world titles

As shakal says, Alonso did a perfect race. Alonso did today what he had to do, win the World Championship AND at the same time win the Constructors title for his team. So he flew with ease to 2nd position and then secured it, conserving the revolutions of the engine, etc. (an engine which was not the latest engine of Renault, it was a less powerful vesion than Fisichella's, but more reliable).

The Ferraris' were in a different galaxy than any other car on the grip, they crushed the speedtraps, overtook the other cars with ease on the straights without even the need of drafting even. Even one of Nasa's trained chimps would have drove the Ferrari to the checkered line in first position today. And if this is a sign to come for next season, I think it will finally be Kimi's year next season.

Schummy in trying to retire with a bang, was overly aggresive and made a mistake, bloked the tires severely trying to overtake Fisico and blew one of the tires, throwing away any posibility of giving his team the constructor's championship. Alonso wasn't lucky since it was not and act of luck, its was driver error. Lets not forget that Alonso was 25 points ahead in mid-championship and lost it all due to an engine failure on one race, a tire not being bolted correctly on a following race, and a rear tire change problem in a pit stop again. So in that aspect they are 100% even this season.

He completly closed door to Fisichella - he couldnt get anywere, so it is Schumacher`s fault too that his tyre were damaged. And it was very happy moment for me, because after all his dirty tactics, it is nice that he couldnt finish his career as he wanted.

Now its time to celebrate for old and new world champion, Fernando Alonso

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    He completly closed door to Fisichella - he couldnt get anywere, so it is Schumacher`s fault too that his tyre were damaged. And it was very happy moment for me, because after all his dirty tactics, it is nice that he couldnt finish his career as he wanted.

That's very bad karma for you. You can be glad all you want, but being glad that he failed to finish the way he wanted shows a man of very poor character, sorry.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    pffew... so much resentment. Lets keep it civilised and respectful guys.

Fact is: Schumacher 0 - Alonso 2. Period. Schummy has 7 world titles but he lost his duel with Alonso, and Alonso at the age of 25 has 12 more championships in front of him if he retires at the age that Shumy did, plenty of time to rack in 6 more world titles

As shakal says, Alonso did a perfect race. Alonso did today what he had to do, win the World Championship AND at the same time win the Constructors title for his team. So he flew with ease to 2nd position and then secured it, conserving the revolutions of the engine, etc. (an engine which was not the latest engine of Renault, it was a less powerful vesion than Fisichella's, but more reliable).

The Ferraris' were in a different galaxy than any other car on the grip, they crushed the speedtraps, overtook the other cars with ease on the straights without even the need of drafting even. Even one of Nasa's trained chimps would have drove the Ferrari to the checkered line in first position today. And if this is a sign to come for next season, I think it will finally be Kimi's year next season.

Schummy in trying to retire with a bang, was overly aggresive and made a mistake, bloked the tires severely trying to overtake Fisico and blew one of the tires, throwing away any posibility of giving his team the constructor's championship. Alonso wasn't lucky since it was not and act of luck, its was driver error. Lets not forget that Alonso was 25 points ahead in mid-championship and lost it all due to an engine failure on one race, a tire not being bolted correctly on a following race, and a rear tire change problem in a pit stop again. So in that aspect they are 100% even this season.

Carlos, very good analysis. However, what saved Alonso was the utter failure of Schumi's car in the previous race, otherwise he'd be going home an almost-2-time champion. Gotta give it to him though, he's a good driver, but legend material? We'll have to wait and see.

Alonso totally deserved the title, esepcially with all the favortism towards Ferrari. If there hadnt been so many things go wrong for Alonso, with the FIA and other car failaures, the title would not have been close.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Even one of Nasa's trained chimps would have drove the Ferrari to the checkered line in first position today.

Carlos, with all due respect...you are making moronic statements...

and why the front right of schumi was blocked? because the back left was punctured...DUH !!!!!!!!

Go celebrate!!!!

Quote:
    911fan said:
    Alonso totally deserved the title, esepcially with all the favortism towards Ferrari. If there hadnt been so many things go wrong for Alonso, with the FIA and other car failaures, the title would not have been close.

Not sure about that. I'm still convinced that MSC is the better driver, but they really should have been driving the exact same cars to make a valid comparison.

Quote:
    911fan said:

Exactly.
    Lets not forget the dirtiest act in this season, Schumacher purposedly faking an accident in Monaco qualifying and blocking the track in an attempt to keeps the other drivers from stealing his pole
    Lets not forget how Chaly Whiting banned the max-damper of Renualt but cleraed the aerodinamind aid wheel hubs of Ferrari.
    Or Ferraris clearly ilegal moving wings that they used until the got caught.
    Or the recent un heard off penalties from Charlie Whiting always agaisnt Alonso/Renault openly favoring Ferrari.
    Lets not forget that if it weren't for Alonso's mechanical problem non-finishes, nobody would be talking about Schummy's engine failure because Alonso would have been mathematically already world champion.

Just the pathetic Mocano qualifying incident by Schumacher and Charly Whiting's trying to influence the championship results, is reason enough to be happy of how things turned out in the spirit of ethics and fairness. Hopefully, F1 will be a cleaner sport next year now.

Quote:
    Jeannot said:Carlos, with all due respect...you are making moronic statements...

Jeanot, you need to go out, take a breath of fresh air and chill. We are just having a relaxed exchanged of opinions and views here.

Here is something to cheer you up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-oRbaA1Xk

Could Masa have won the race driving a different car? I dont think so. Could Alonso have easily taken 1st driving a Ferrari? Yes.

Michael and Alonso are in a different skill league than the
    others.

Congrats Alonso and Goodbye Schuy.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Shakal said:

That's very bad karma for you. You can be glad all you want, but being glad that he failed to finish the way he wanted shows a man of very poor character, sorry.

Mybie, but until 1996 I was fan of Damon Hill. In adeleide 94 I ofcourse wanted Hill to win, but I didnt have nothing against Schumacher. After his unfair movement, Hill was robbed for winning a championship, and I (with many other people) was robbed as a fan, we didnt have nothing to celebrate, because Schumacher won with his unfair way. Later when JV come to F1 (before I was his fan in Indy), I was fan of Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve. In 1997 story almost repeated when Schumacher tried to steal World championship from Villeneuve.

After all this things, you cant be suprised that I am happy that it was somehow returned to Schumacher.

And if this is your criteria to judge people like this its OK to me, because most important to me is what my family and my close friends thinks about me.. I dont wish bad to anyone (even to Schumacher), but I am happy for that he didnt succeeded. He is very big man, he is great driver and will not be forgotten, but that he didnt succeeded at the end were a little payback for his past, and that put smile on my face.

Before I was still a little enthusiastic because Alonso won, I didnt want to sound as I wish bad to Schumacher, because it is not true.

A little bitter and resentful, are we Carlos?

Though Alonso deserved the title, you can't deny that this season will be remembered by the epic comeback of Ferrari, headed by the 37 year old Schumacher. The only people that maintain that the resurgence of Ferrari was due to the FIA are just conspiracy buffs that simply cannot accept the fact that Ferrari did the better job during the second half of the season.

The other point I want to mention are the attitudes of MS and FA to their teams. When things went wrong for MS, he never doubted his team, and never gave up. Alonso, on the other hand, criticized and attack his fellow team. Alonso obviously has a lot to learn, so labeling him as a better driver than MS is naive...(at least until he wins another 5 championships, wins 3x as many races as he has won until now, etc...)

As for the Brazil race, MS was clearly the man of the race. But not only that. It showed that MS is still the best. And thats why this is the perfect time for him to go.

Congradulations to Alonso and Renault for the championships, but in my eyes, this was Schumi's year.

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Alonso, on the other hand, criticized and attack his fellow team. Alonso obviously has a lot to learn,

Do you have a link?

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Jeannot said:Carlos, with all due respect...you are making moronic statements...

Jeanot, you need to go out, take a breath of fresh air and chill. We are just having a relaxed exchanged of opinions and views here.

yeah the point of view of apes driving Ferraris was obviously very interesting..
    Maybe you can volunteer and let them drive your own 997 to see whether they can drive a Porsche too?

Anyway, you are being very objective, that's all that matters hey!!! Alonso is the best driver this planet ever saw !!! Halleluyah.
    Nasty Schumi and FIA go to hell! Halleluyah!

I would love to share a video with you too, but I have no time now to find a great moment of Spanish motorsport, i.e. the 'strike' from Mister Pedrosa on Nicky Haiden...

Quote:
    assman!!! said:

Though Alonso deserved the title, you can't deny that this season will be remembered by the epic comeback of Ferrari, headed by the 37 year old Schumacher. The only people that maintain that the resurgence of Ferrari was due to the FIA are just conspiracy buffs that simply cannot accept the fact that Ferrari did the better job during the second half of the season.

The other point I want to mention are the attitudes of MS and FA to their teams. When things went wrong for MS, he never doubted his team, and never gave up. Alonso, on the other hand, criticized and attack his fellow team. Alonso obviously has a lot to learn, so labeling him as a better driver than MS is naive...(at least until he wins another 5 championships, wins 3x as many races as he has won until now, etc...)

As for the Brazil race, MS was clearly the man of the race. But not only that. It showed that MS is still the best. And thats why this is the perfect time for him to go.

Congradulations to Alonso and Renault for the championships, but in my eyes, this was Schumi's year.

I see that epic, I see it as the 7 time woprld champion Michale Shumacher, backed by the mighty Ferrari, failing to beat the newcomer 25 year old kid on what was a second division team before him, for the second year in a row, and now is retiring.

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:

yeah the point of view of apes driving Ferraris was obviously very interesting..
    Maybe you can volunteer and let them drive your own 997 to see whether they can drive a Porsche too?

Anyway, you are being very objective, that's all that matters hey!!! Alonso is the best driver this planet ever saw !!! Halleluyah.
    Nasty Schumi and FIA go to hell! Halleluyah!

I would love to share a video with you too, but I have no time now to find a great moment of Spanish motorsport, i.e. the 'strike' from Mister Pedrosa on Nicky Haiden...

I'm not going to dignify that contribution to the forum with a reply and sttop to that level. Today is a day for celebration!

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Alonso, on the other hand, criticized and attack his fellow team. Alonso obviously has a lot to learn,

Do you have a link?

The link no longer exists, but the text is here:
    Fernando Alonso has accused his Renault team of not helping him to win the 2006 drivers' championship.

To the Spanish press, the 25-year-old reckoned the French squad - to lose Alonso to McLaren at the end of the season - is focusing instead on the constructors' title, now led by Renault after the 2-3 finish in China.

Evidence of Renault's lack of interest in putting Spaniard Alonso on the top step of the podium might be Sunday's strategy and pit errors.

AS newspaper quoted Alonso as saying: "They wanted us to finish second and third

because they do not want me to take the number one to a different team."

He said there is 'no doubt' that the constructors' championship is therefore more important to Renault in 2006, and added that only 'some' in blue and yellow uniforms were disappointed to lose the Chinese Grand Prix to Ferrari's Michael Schumacher.

"Some others are happy," Alonso continued, "because we went past Ferrari in the team battle. They are not helping me as much as they could."

From the http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/index.shtml website

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:

I see that epic, I see it as the 7 time woprld champion Michale Shumacher, backed by the mighty Ferrari, failing to beat the newcomer 25 year old kid on what was a second division team before him, for the second year in a row, and now is retiring.

Alonso is hardly a newcomer, and has been at a top-notch team now for some time. So don't you think that he was the underdog!

Not to take anything away from him, but we all know the reason Alonso won last year was because of the uncompetitiveness of the Bridgestone tires. As for this year, though it was much more balanced, it was again due the the lack of pace by the Ferrari/Bridgestone in the first half of the season.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Even one of Nasa's trained chimps would have drove the Ferrari to the checkered line in first position today.

A chimp driving a Ferrari? - I don't think so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2p2nRK-p4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbEzbwuH1pY&mode=related&search=

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:

Alonso would still need another 5 years with 5 world championship titles before one could compare him to Schumacher.

Until that day Schumacher is the most successful Forumla 1 driver in history.

And given that Schumacher was the first driver in more than 4 decades of Formula 1 that managed to exceed Fangio's five titles chances are very high that Schumacher will remain the most successful F1 driver for decades

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:

Do you have a link?

The link no longer exists, but the text is here:
    Fernando Alonso has accused his Renault team of not helping him to win the 2006 drivers' championship.

To the Spanish press, the 25-year-old reckoned the French squad - to lose Alonso to McLaren at the end of the season - is focusing instead on the constructors' title, now led by Renault after the 2-3 finish in China.

Evidence of Renault's lack of interest in putting Spaniard Alonso on the top step of the podium might be Sunday's strategy and pit errors.

AS newspaper quoted Alonso as saying: "They wanted us to finish second and third

because they do not want me to take the number one to a different team."

He said there is 'no doubt' that the constructors' championship is therefore more important to Renault in 2006, and added that only 'some' in blue and yellow uniforms were disappointed to lose the Chinese Grand Prix to Ferrari's Michael Schumacher.

"Some others are happy," Alonso continued, "because we went past Ferrari in the team battle. They are not helping me as much as they could."

From the http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/index.shtml website

Thanks. I found a link:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37585

To say the FIA and MS are conspiring against you is one thing, but to include your own team...?

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:

Alonso would still need another 5 years with 5 world championship titles before one could compare him to Schumacher.

Until that day Schumacher is the most successful Forumla 1 driver in history.

And given that Schumacher was the first driver in more than 4 decades of Formula 1 that managed to exceed Fangio's five titles chances are very high that Schumacher will remain the most successful F1 driver for decades

And with Fernando going to McLaren, chances are his winning "streak" is ending right here, right now .

Quote:
    see that epic, I see it as the 7 time woprld champion Michale Shumacher, backed by the mighty Ferrari, failing to beat the newcomer 25 year old kid on what was a second division team before him, for the second year in a row, and now is retiring.

I agree. It really gets me- all the hoopla about Schu. Yes he is talented, but come on. People act like he is a god. Whenever he is winning, his Ferrari is demonstrably better than everything else. Today something happened that I knew would happen- Schu began turning fast laps and everyone began saying how "incredible" and "amazing" he is- despite the fact he was in a car easily superior to everyone.

Maybe it is just commentary on how silly F1 has become- with cars deciding the races rather than drivers.

Quote:
    911fan said:
    Quote:
    see that epic, I see it as the 7 time woprld champion Michale Shumacher, backed by the mighty Ferrari, failing to beat the newcomer 25 year old kid on what was a second division team before him, for the second year in a row, and now is retiring.

I agree. It really gets me- all the hoopla about Schu. Yes he is talented, but come on. People act like he is a god. Whenever he is winning, his Ferrari is demonstrably better than everything else. Today something happened that I knew would happen- Schu began turning fast laps and everyone began saying how "incredible" and "amazing" he is- despite the fact he was in a car easily superior to everyone.

Maybe it is just commentary on how silly F1 has become- with cars deciding the races rather than drivers.

The important point is: the Ferrari is only quick because Schumacher drives for Ferrari. He joined the team when Ferrari was really nowhere... He restructured Ferrari, made it a winning team again. That is a major achievment indeed

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765470 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437315 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261443 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258229 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82774 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877556 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809840 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM