Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Good news for current (or soon to be) Cayenne owners

No power increase for MY 2005.
    There have been a lot of rumors floating around, one even saying that the Turbo gets a substantial power increase for the next MY. No such thing, power stays the same.

Re: Good news for current (or soon to be) Cayenne owners

sorry to hijack the thread RC, but do you think I can add the park distance control on my car? I need it since I will have to park my car outside when I go to the new school.

Deetz, check the older links. I think I remeber somebody else doing it.

yea I have that link but my question is, can I get the factory PDC instead of aftermarket? I kinda like it more than the aftermarket

Quote:
    DEETZ said:
    yea I have that link but my question is, can I get the factory PDC instead of aftermarket? I kinda like it more than the aftermarket

As far as I heard, no. But maybe somebody finds a solution.

Someone did add an aftermarket system that seemed to work reasonably well. It was for the rear only and was audible signals only.

I haven't heard of anyone trying to add the Porsche system. Why don't you call your dealer and inquire? Let us know what you find out.

I asked the old service manager (he was fired after he pissed me off), he said that it will be expensive and he promised to give me the price and no answer until now. I am willing to pay 1.5k max for it though, it costs 500 for the aftermarket one I thing.

I really need this because I suck in parking and this car is giant!!

Well, at least it seems that it may be possible. Just a matter of money. I have it on my Cayenne and it works quite well. It's the best system of this type I have seen. It's very informative. I only wish there were a way to turn it off. Driving through brush and tall grass the thing is going off all the time, almost continuous.

button on roof Gary ?

Quote:
    Mick said:
    button on roof Gary ?

What? Are you saying there's an OFF button somewhere? That would be just like me to overlook something like that. Where are you talking about?

I'm sure you can turn it off, if we can't, I won't get this thing, its gonna be annoying... I will go to my dealer again next tuesday, I'm gonna ask the new service manager about the PDC.

Sitting in your driver seat, look up to the overhead console. There is a 'dummy' button, and next to it one with a 'P' or something like that. Press to create blissful silence. Pity it turns off the lights; kind of like those.

I have substantially muffled my noisemakers (there are a couple - the park sensor has it's own) in the dash, so they are all far less annoying now.

Oh Gary, Gary, I sure hope you have found the button to start the car

BTW - on RoW cars with the phone module, the dummy button next to the "Park-Distance-Control-Shut-up-button" is for emergency calls.

Yes, on the roof, first on the left of the roof knob (in the italian manual on page 139)

Quote:
    art.italy said:
    Yes, on the roof, first on the left of the roof knob (in the italian manual on page 139)

Thanks everyone! Page 159 in the US manual. I obviously need to catch up on my reading.

Now if I can just find that starter switch. Where did you say that was Matt?

Deetz.....I think I have the people who can do what you want done.....the cost may be very high but the quality of their work is impeccable.....and they can do ANYTHING you want. Go to www.AIDESIGN.com and drool.

You know, I was thinking of putting OnStar in that dummy button. No idea that is basically what it is on RoW cars. Thanks!

Now if I could only come up with a reason why I need OnStar.....

BTW, I second Harbormaster's comments on AI Design. They are truly outstanding.

Deetz, $1.5K may not be enough...

Each Cayenne has a VIN specific wiring harness, your car simply isn't wired for the PDC since it wasn't included in the original build. A technician making about $100 an hour is going to have to lay an aweful lot of wiring in your car for front and rear park assist, not to mention the actual parts are going to be more costly than a factory insalled unit. CD Changers are about $700 from the factory (and that is everything). The changer and required installation kit are around $1000. And then you have to pay the tech to do the install.

Quote:
    DEETZ said:
    I asked the old service manager (he was fired after he pissed me off), he said that it will be expensive and he promised to give me the price and no answer until now.

Hey, you don't think he didn't answer just because you got him fired, do you?

Gosh, some people are so dammed sensitive!

fritz

Harbormaster: I have heard about that company they do great job, including built in V1 radar

Stephen: I guess I have to forget and learn how to park

fritz: hahaha he was fired 2 weeks after I complaint and probably alot of people complaint before me and the owner was kinda pissed? who knows, but I'm glad he is no longer there!!

Quote:
    DEETZ said:
    I guess I have to learn how to park

Deetz,

Parallel parking is unbelievably easy with a very simple mental image.

1) Pull up the the side of the car in front of the parking space, so that your steering wheels are even.

2) Turn around and look over your right shoulder (or left, if you're in a RHD country) and look at the car behind the parking space.

3) Imagine the car behind the space is a garage and you are going to back into it. I know you could pull that off easily in your Cayenne, given that you'll have a full car length to get your rear end lined up with the opening of the 'garage.'

4) Back up until you're a foot or so away (It ain't THAT hard to estimate distance!)

5) At that point, your front wheels should be close to full lock, turned all the way to the left. Now turn them the other way and roll forward, bringing the nose in.

6) Straighten up and center yourself in the space.

7) Get out of the car, feeling very strong feelings of self-worth.

I'd suggest that you go out and practice it a few times, but if you're in Cambridge, I don't know how you'll find a parking space to practice in!

Good luck.

Dain

thanks for the advice, I was actually being sarcastic to myself I have done this many times, but I think the PDC is pretty helpful

and the good thing about my college now is that there is a garage, but the new one I am transferring to, there is no garage!! hahaha cool man, thanks for the advise!!! don't worry about it, I know how to take care of my car, this isn't my first year of driving, actually my fifth... hehehe been driving since 14 illegally in my country LOL

Quote:
    DEETZ said:
    thanks for the advice, I was actually being sarcastic to myself I have done this many times, but I think the PDC is pretty helpful

Deetz,
    Sorry. I thought that since you were actually contemplating spending money for a device to tell you how to park, that this was a serious interest for you.

My mistake.

Dain

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753470 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430904 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258688 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255531 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79576 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868479 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802118 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM