Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Followed by State Police at 55, what would you do?

I once had a cop do a U turn just to follow me down the road. He thought he would be sneeky, but the U turn was on a sunny day. I was driving on a 35 mile an hour double yellow road that went on for miles and miles on a windy country road. I drove at exactly 31 miles an hour for miles and miles and miles. He was stuck behind me and I was not going so slow that he could pick me up for going too slow. I could see he was mad because he thought he had me. Finally, we came to a gravel drive way that he could turn into which he did like he was sliding into home. He must have had a call from Andy to get back to Mayberry RFD.

Re: What a difference being a good looking female make

Quote:
    borninthewoods said:
    My wife was driving our red 997S alone on the freeway when two cops pulled beside her. One of the police officers had her roll down her window and told her she had permission to speed. One cop drove drove ahead and the other stayed behind as she drove about 100mph down the freeway.

Cool, cool! Your wife is probably hot too!

Oh, I would just keep it at 55-60. He's probably just enjoying your "baby."

Sorry, missed the title of your post.

So true!

MMD, good thing you didn't try to mess with your NAVI...He'd have pulled you over for reckless driving!

Too funny!

BTW FWIW, interesting how MMD seems to induce some of the longest threads on Rennteam.

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Too funny!

BTW FWIW, interesting how MMD seems to induce some of the longest threads on Rennteam.

That he does..

Re: What a difference being a good looking female

Quote:
    JMShrink said:
    Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Too funny!

That he does..

Thanks.

I guess my subjects all trigger the emergence of free-floating [car-related] anxiety generated by deeply held unresolved neurotic conflicts at the subconscious level. A massively hypertropic superego doesn't hurt either.

I can't figure out why I got banned on Rennlist though. Not becoming a member or intentionally insulting someone who hacked my personal info must have done it.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    I guess my subjects all trigger the emergence of free-floating [car-related] anxiety generated by deeply held unresolved neurotic conflicts at the subconscious level. A massively hypertropic superego doesn't hurt either.

Or simply put, the threads you start are provocative..

Quote:
    JMShrink said:

Or simply put, the threads you start are provocative..

Yeah, right, gosh, what a waste of good psychological jargon.

But they DO just come out that way. I have been accused by detractors on rennlist of being a troll. Frickin' stupid, low blow, accusation; I got no time for acting like an ahole. Sorry, sounds a little brash, but I don't like trolls either.

My My MMD...you again in the fast lane ;-) LooooL
    When in doubt.....Smile and give the peace sign!!
    ok, ok, the thumbs up will work too...
    Ok, well then just blow the officer a KISS!!!

Quote:
    Vincenzina said:

That may only work in the SF Bay Area- or if you're a female as HOT as your avatar!

Re: Followed by State Police at 55, what would you

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Quote:
    Vincenzina said:

That may only work in the SF Bay Area- or if you're a female as HOT as your avatar!

LOL. Geez, nothing is predictable when it comes to cops IMO. They're usually loners (unlike firemen) and are more prone to go off on weird personality trips which interpret the same gestures/situations by motorists differently.

My wife, as a passenger or driver is always smiling and waving to cops (when in range) FOR NO FRICKIN REASON!

I keep my cool and remind her everytime that she should just leave the "strange police 'dog'" alone.

IOW, as passive and friendly as an ACTUAL police K9 might seem you never know how they're gonna react.

Same goes for human cops; just ignore them or give a subtle wave or nod to them if you're in close quarters and it's an appropriately non-charged situation.

They were playing with you, and in the first 2 minutes they ran your plate and your license.

If you're followed at 55, take the speed down to 45 and see if they still have the patience to follow you. They will last for 10 seconds and then pass you. Cops love to break the speed limit themselves! Its one of the few perks of being a cop, traffic laws don't apply

I bet they were tailgaiting too! right?

Remember, We are citizens with a bill of rights! (most of which still apply Taxpayers! Your salary paid for that freaking cruiser. The police are here to protect and SERVE! They are your employees man! You are a rich dude with a Porsche, don't forget that! You have money for lawyers, you always fight tickets.

Speeding is NOT a crime. There is no victim! It's enforcement's only real purpose is to generate revenue. If it was really to keep roads safe, there would be no unmarked cruisers, because a marked cruiser keeps traffic speed down cause everyone can SEE that its a cop. The emphasis is on writing tickets because there is no revenue generated by a marked cruiser keeping people's highway speed down.

If they wanted to stop speeding, if it was really about safety, they could stop it 100% and easily with automated cameras. (Which would suck (I have no points, btw.)

But how many billions would state and local goverments lose? How many billions would insurance companies lose, since they love to raise premiums for speeding tickets? How many cops would be downsized?

State Patrols Collect Billions From Speeding Tickets:
    http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/04/462.asp

As far as speeding cameras, this is fascinating.
    http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1390.asp

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Quote:
    Vincenzina said:

It would work for Vikki...and she knows it too..

Well JMSHRINK , MEOW Mr Highway patrol...

First they gotta catch me....then usually they are angry, cuz I test their driving skills in the 'hot pursuit' mode.
    I am playin around

MMD, your wife is friendly, thats hilarious!!!
    You can do traffic school every 18 months online..

Quote:
    Vincenzina said:

Yeah, I try to use her natural people-person cheerfullness and turn it into a technique that I can use: it backfires alot. IOW, most people are suspicious of a strange GUY being friendly and cheerful at the grocery checkout counter for example.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Vincenzina said:

Yeah, I try to use her natural people-person cheerfullness and turn it into a technique that I can use: it backfires alot. IOW, most people are suspicious of a strange GUY being friendly and cheerful at the grocery checkout counter for example.

IMO, your better off just staying in the fast lane!!
    1) Just dont adjust your rear view mirror, and 2)Dont turn your head and look behnd you......

MMD waiting for your next amusing post..

If I had the opportunity to drive behind a good looking car like ours I would!! Matter of fact I do! Just the other day I was hoping to get behind a new C4S driving through my little town! I was low profile in my "Dog's car";-)

Maybe he just was just enjoying the nice scenery, your Pcar

MMD, you did the right thing. I had one Virginia State Trooper follow me (and I was doing 50 in a 55 zone, this in a rural area where I live). He then turned on his blue warning/flashing lights and drove past me as I pulled over to the side of the road. Apparently, he just to see if he could rattle me. I managed to catch up with the goof a few miles down the road and saw him turn onto a side street - he was probably going home!!!! I, too have been fortunate in not getting caught so far. In Virginia, you get thrown in jail for getting caught doing over 100 mph plus the vultures out here are on a revenue hunt, meaning that's why they issue tickets. I'm saving my "lead foot" for the local track where I can open it up legally.

Jim

It's simple..slow down to 45mph, wait until the cop passes you..then pull in behind him and speed up to the same speed as him...see how he likes it?

Quote:
    JWW said:
    It's simple..slow down to 45mph, wait until the cop passes you..then pull in behind him and speed up to the same speed as him...see how he likes it?

Yeah...that'll teach him! Then when he pulls you over for following too closely and speeding, you'll get the ticket. He's not going to write himself one. Unfortunately, you can't use the fact that the cop was speeding as a defense in court. Well.... you can, but you'll lose after the judge laughs.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753058 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430698 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258589 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255452 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79501 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868298 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801850 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM