Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Carrera GT - Leipzig Event

Well, I guess this is a good start.
    Sending this picture via GPRS around 193 km away from Leipzig, at an Autobahn Rest Area.
    It is a pitty I couldn't drive in my Cayenne Turbo.

More pictures to come around the afternoon or evening.

Re: Carrera GT - Leipzig Event

Have a nice day RC
    The weather looks great for a fun day

Have fun there too, and take lots of pics...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Sending this picture via GPRS around 193 km away from Leipzig, at an Autobahn Rest Area.

Wow! We're not allowed to drive that fast in our rest areas!!!

Here is another picture, "our" Carrera GT during driving. Don't worry, I have better pics of the car but it was passing by at a tremendous speed and my camera couldn't do better.

With this occasion I want to THANK Porsche and their Leipzig Team for their help and hospitality, we had up to 4 people taking care of us, PERFECT service!

And a word to all those CGT doubters, Cayenne haters and Porsche critics: we had an unbelievable time today, we saw so many unbelievable things, we experienced so many unbelievable things, it is hard to describe. And...we're not allowed to tell you guys everything but trust me: Porsche IS an incredible company with an incredible potential for the future. I really mean what I say but wait until you read the report over the next few days. We have lots of pictures, we have videos and infos...worth waiting for.

Quote:
    RC said:And...we're not allowed to tell you guys everything but trust me: Porsche IS an incredible company with an incredible potential for the future. I really mean what I say but wait until you read the report over the next few days.

Thats just what I wanted to hear! and as a die-hard Porsche enthusiast it sure cheers me up!! can't wait to hear your experiences.

RC, I'll need to take a sleeping pill! I look forward to the reports, especially the things you WILL be able to tell us.

Quote:
    we had an unbelievable time today, we saw so many unbelievable things, we experienced so many unbelievable things, it is hard to describe.

You're killing me RC, stop it

Quote:
    Stephen said:
    RC, I'll need to take a sleeping pill! I look forward to the reports, especially the things you WILL be able to tell us.

A last "goodie" for you guys and now I go to sleep. I drove 900 km on the Autobahn and around 50 km on the track today, I'm dead tired and I want to get some sleep because I have a tough working day tomorrow.
    Expect pictures and a report soon but the videos may take a few days because we need the new server for them.
    One video has been taken from inside the CGT during driving on the track, it is absolutely spectacular.

Same for me RC!!!
    I've been rather bored with Porsche lately, looking at other companies, you've put a smile back on face, can't wait to read the report!!!
    Is Christian with you too? If yes, send my regards.

Wow RC, what else can I say. Im glad you had this once in a lifetime experience, wish I was there to enjoy it as well. Cannot wait to see more pics!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Same for me RC!!!
    I've been rather bored with Porsche lately, looking at other companies, you've put a smile back on face, can't wait to read the report!!!

Hey! Porsche has plenty of excitement coming your way! The four door sedan will most definetly be something that we will be talking about for a very very long time, and of course the 997! Although yes, those are only two cars, they are two very significant cars.

What other Marques have you been lookling at lately Fanch?

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!!

You're a luck man--looking forward to more pix & videos!!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Same for me RC!!!

Francois, today I drove the GT2 on the track (because the other two guys from our group were clever enough to choose the GT3 instead...;)) and trust me, if the GT2 and GT3 are boring to you, there must be something wrong with you. You should have gone for that GT3, Francois...

It is still time: buy the GT3, schedule a few track events and you'll be a happy camper again. BTW: Porsche driving school is a great thing to go for because the instructors are very professional. Our "instructor" today was Jochen Albig, a great race car professional and a very pleasant nice guy.
    I'll write the details in the report.

Wow RC(for the 2nd time, and not to sound like a kiss a**) YOU ARE THE MAN!

OMG I can't wait for the video! RC a suggestion why not have newsletter go out to the users?

Quote:
    RC said:
    And a word to all those CGT doubters, Cayenne haters and Porsche critics: we had an unbelievable time today, we saw so many unbelievable things, we experienced so many unbelievable things, it is hard to describe. And...we're not allowed to tell you guys everything but trust me: Porsche IS an incredible company with an incredible potential for the future.

RC,
    Never doubted that for a moment, that's why I'm so passionate about them. But it's great to have the belief confirmed.

Dain

Sounds great, I have been thinking about the same thing for a while. I volunteer for the publishing if it passes all votes.

I can't wait for the report and pictures

CHristian ...we need pics !!! and news!!

Tell us all!!!

Ciao
    Dario

Aston, especially the AMV8.

Great pics Thanks CF

A Fayence Yellow one!!! Mmmm...hope you guys had fun!! Where are you guys starting out from though?...that doesn't look like the pit area where we were at. Is it from the factory? Also...lucky bastards...get to drive the GT3...we only had a Turbo, GT2s and a C4S.

Looking forward to more reports!!!

Cheers,
    -Nick

Quote:
    It is still time: buy the GT3, schedule a few track events and you'll be a happy camper again.

i agree francios!

there's a slate grey GT3 in my dealer's showroom currently. with slate grey painted rims. it looks so awesome!!

my GT3 is worlds apart from anything else i've ever driven.

you can get some baby aston or DB9 in 10 years as well!

zz

Quote:
    And a word to all those CGT doubters, Cayenne haters and Porsche critics: we had an unbelievable time today, we saw so many unbelievable things, we experienced so many unbelievable things, it is hard to describe. And...we're not allowed to tell you guys everything but trust me: Porsche IS an incredible company with an incredible potential for the future. I really mean what I say but wait until you read the report over the next few days. We have lots of pictures, we have videos and infos...worth waiting for.

really looking forward to your reports!

zz

RC....we are waiting!!!!

where are you???

Quote:
    Dario 996TT said:
    RC....we are waiting!!!!

where are you???

Working...earning money to be able to feed my kids.

I keep looking at my watch and converting time to Germany's local time to see when we hear from RC.

This is pathetic I am more excited about this than my wedding day, oops did I say that loud

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774602 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440204 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262001 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260265 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84810 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879288 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814080 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM