Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Anyone disappointed after PSE install and other q?

Hello,

I've researched and read many threads on how people just absolutely loved their PSE option.

I'm curious if there are anyone out there that didn't think the PSE lived up to the hype after the install. Or didn't think it was worth the money

Also, does the PSE sound better than the current 997tt exhaust?

Re: Anyone disappointed after PSE install and othe

Best Buy I could have ever made

I have the PSE and like it. But it does not have a low rumbly sound like some others. So if you want a lower pitch, you might want something else.

Agree! Just get it- you'll love it!

TT didn't sound as good, IMO.

I have X51 and my sound is after 10.000 km awesome. Better sound never heard on a street legal Porsche.

AM

I love mine. Best option on the car and worth every penny.

Just had mine installed a few weeks ago and
    I recommend it highly . Most of all, I appreciate that
    it can be turned OFF on occasion. Something that cannot be done with any aftermarket mufflers .
    If you want a more sporty sound than stock, this is it .

Re: Anyone disappointed after PSE install and other q?

I agree. I will not buy a Porsche again without PSE.

Utterly dissapointed..... with the fact that PSE should have been standard in the first place. The 50-80kmh quiet zone is also very annoying.

Porsche should have come out with a throatier exhaust for their PSE.

Why not do the 'mod', PSE becomes permanant and the quiet zone bothers you no longer...

Quote:
    993c4 said:
    Utterly dissapointed..... with the fact that PSE should have been standard in the first place. The 50-80kmh quiet zone is also very annoying.

Mine was at the beginning not so loud. After 10.000 km it is very lound. More would be to much.

AM

Quote:
    993c4 said:

I concur. Much of HK traffic is in the 50-80 km/h zone rendering PSE pointless. I am considering Tubi headers and mufflers instead. Pity AWE is not officially available here.

Rating my PSE out of 10 I would give it a 9 (8 if you don't hack it to always be on). Leaving a little room for Ferraris, Lambos and of course the Carrera GT all of which do sound a little better IMHO...

The Turbo's sound I would give 6 out of 10 after I test drove it, but I think it's supposed to be quiet.

Quote:
    ERdoc said:
    Quote:
    993c4 said:

I concur. Much of HK traffic is in the 50-80 km/h zone rendering PSE pointless. I am considering Tubi headers and mufflers instead. Pity AWE is not officially available here.

If it frustrates you both then why wouldn't do the quick and easy mod?!

Once I changed mine I never went back. You can easily then control whether you want it loud, simply with your right foot!

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    ERdoc said:
    Quote:
    993c4 said:

If it frustrates you both then why wouldn't do the quick and easy mod?!

Once I changed mine I never went back. You can easily then control whether you want it loud, simply with your right foot!

PSE costs more than Tubi in our market and is also much heavier. Not only it is heavier than Tubi, it is also heavier than stock exhaust. I do not see the point of paying a lot for the control electronics and bypass them altogether. More importantly, PSE do not permit the use of non-factory CATS and manifolds.

For me, its the best option after the -20mm suspension.

I would never give up mine. I know there are alot of systems out there, but I wanted Porsche PSE to keep it under warranty and OEM.

PSE is one of the best mods, but its all preference in sound and taste

Yes, of course PSE should be standard

I too have the on/off switch, its 99% on, but there is that 1% time where I wish to be quiet...
    I personally like to high rev police men giving tickets to people on the side of the road, gets their attention...LoooL

Quote:
    993c4 said:

You can blame the Swiss for that restriction!

dan

Thanks everyone. I just ordered the PSE! It'll be here in 30 days,

counting down the day when I can scare the hell out of the kids and pets

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    The Turbo's sound I would give 6 out of 10 after I test drove it, but I think it's supposed to be quiet.

Hey, when did Porsche start building electric cars......

Pls don't flame me, and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my 997C2S, it's just the exhaust that dissapoints. I felt that the exhaust department could have done a much better job.... just listen to the CARRERA GT. It sounds incredible!

I suppose with a $500k, the exhaust better be incredible. How does the CGT sound compare to an ferrari F430?

So far, the only sound that caught my ear was an F430 roaring past me on a highway a few months back. Ever since then, I wanted to upgrade my pipes. I know it won't sound the same. Hope I won't be disappointed. There's no PSE around here that I can listen to before I buy. So i'm jumping in based on everyone's opinion.

I'm going to do vids of before and after on a 997s, for prosperity, and hopefully it will help others decide.

Quote:
    993c4 said:
    Pls don't flame me, and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my 997C2S, it's just the exhaust that disappoints. I felt that the exhaust department could have done a much better job....

I really like the standard sound of the Helmholtz Resonator that kicks in when accelerating between 5000-6000rpm though; this is something that you notice less when you have PSE.

Saying that, PSE has probably saved my license a few times over given that I now don't have to put my foot down so much to get the car 'singing'.

PSE is great...I really like it.
    I was dissapointed in a car without it.
    The cutoff is a real pain however...

I had PSE installed 6 months after I bought my 997S Coupe (without cut-off switch installed/always open) and its by far the best option for the $$$. IMHO.

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    PSE is great...I really like it.
    I was dissapointed in a car without it.
    The cutoff is a real pain however...

Why don't you add a switch to disable the cutoff?
    I installed mine in the ashtray. It works great.

In one position, everything works per factory.
    In the other , PSE is always on.

PSE rocks - wouldn't be without it. The mod/hack takes only a few minutes and makes a major difference. It's also getting louder as time goes on.

I would miss it if I changed my S for a TT.

Definately look at AWE.
    Go to their site www.AWE-TUNING.COM and look under 997, there is a great presentation and video with full sound. These guys were featured in Excellence a few months back doing a complete system for a GT.

dnp_now,

if you haven't ordered your PSE, DON'T. If you have, STOP and cancel it.

i just heard the cargraphic 'SPORT'exhaust and it's freakin awesome. not too loud, it's just right, slightly throatier than PSE but not obnoxious. Exactly what a 911 exhaust should sound from the factory.

check out www.cargraphic.de and make sure you get the 'sport' version, and not the other 2, because the export version is VERY LOUD.

good luck

Quote:
    993c4 said:
    i just heard the cargraphic 'SPORT'exhaust and it's freakin awesome. not too loud, it's just right, slightly throatier than PSE but not obnoxious. Exactly what a 911 exhaust should sound from the factory.

check out www.cargraphic.de and make sure you get the 'sport' version, and not the other 2, because the export version is VERY LOUD.

good luck

Are you refering to the TUV-Version or TUV-Sound-Version. Do I understand by the brochure that it adds 10HP. Would this system have to be installed by a P dealer to not void the car warranty? Thanks.

installed a PSE about 1 month ago. Was not that impressed with it until I installed an ON/OFF SWITCH.What a difference it makes. Great sound throughout the entire rev band.. A must do!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775551 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440791 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262287 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260503 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84927 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5448 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879828 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814778 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM