Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 TT vs F430 vs M6 vs Z06 vs M5 vs Gallardo

From Gustav videos, we can see the Z06 is clearly the fastest of all . M5 Kellners is just a tinny slower than the 997TT but this same M5 Kellners when raced against the Z06 it stayed far behind. The Ferrari also seemed to gain more ground to the M5 K than 997TT did. I wasn't really expecting for this result, offcourse you can easily tune the 997TT and smoke all the other's, but it should be faster from stock. Anyway I believe if they have started from 0kph 997TT would have stand up better against the competition.
    I can only say the Gallardo must have a blown MAF or any other engine bug, that's not possible to be so slow against the heavier M6 using same engine.

J.Seven

Re: 997 TT vs F430 vs M6 vs Z06 vs M5 vs Gallardo

Quote:
    J.Seven said:I can only say the Gallardo must have a blown MAF or any other engine bug, that's not possible to be so slow against the heavier M6 using same engine.

Also, remember that the AWD system will rob some power from Gallardo and the gearing on BMW's is always the best for acceleration. The motors aren't really the same - maybe the BMW motor is better than the Audi one, despite the ratings...

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    From Gustav videos, we can see the Z06 is clearly the fastest of all . M5 Kellners is just a tinny slower than the 997TT but this same M5 Kellners when raced against the Z06 it stayed far behind. The Ferrari also seemed to gain more ground to the M5 K than 997TT did. I wasn't really expecting for this result, offcourse you can easily tune the 997TT and smoke all the other's, but it should be faster from stock. Anyway I believe if they have started from 0kph 997TT would have stand up better against the competition.
    I can only say the Gallardo must have a blown MAF or any other engine bug, that's not possible to be so slow against the heavier M6 using same engine.

J.Seven

Those results are pretty consistent with the outcome of a recent sportscars magazine test (a German publication):

50-250kph:

Z06: 18.2s
    F430: 19.3s
    997TT: 19.6s
    520hp Gallardo: 20.1s

Basically, the 997TT is only good at 0-50; beyond 50kph are reached the competition is faster

Poor result for Porsche

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

Those results are pretty consistent with the outcome of a recent sportscars magazine test (a German publication):

50-250kph:

Basically, the 997TT is only good at 0-50; beyond 50kph are reached the competition is faster

Poor result for Porsche

There's only one thing left to do for Porsche:

Buy a Corvette, rebadge it, fit it with some classy leather interior and sell it as the new 928 .

Crash - Now that's funny.

That was very funny We have here before our very eyes..the one and only crash...stand up comedic talent from Timbuktu A man that could be sindicated... When is Leno due to retire?

I can't believe that I am asking this question because this car is still very fast...but how easy do you guys think 550 reliable horsepower is acheievable (without engine work)in the 997tt. And what change would this likely bring about in terms of performance?

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

dont forget that the 997TT is the less powerful car of the competition.

Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

While your statement is correct it is also true that the 997TT is Porsche's ONLY offer in the high-hp segment to date.

x50 is unlikely to be available before CY2008. GT2 is unlikely to come with PSM.

Also, x50 will firstly be required to match the competitors acceleration times. If some additional upside remains (who knows?) the x50 might be slightly faster than a Gallardo/F430 MY2006. However, by 2008 at least the Gallardo will have 550hp...

Porsche has screwed it.

Also the 997TT lap times are very disappointing. Those won't change - even with x50

I am really disappointed

Don't care about the lap times as I only use the car on public road. The 997TT is the best choice from A to B in the real world.

I don't think I could live with the noise for long trips in the F430/Gallardo, or the lack of a decent navigation system in the F430 (voice only, no map!), cheap interior in the Z06. Come to think of it, the M5 would be my second choice, but then, coming from an E55, I learn my lesson and prefer cars with lots of traction and low end torque.

Not disappointed with the 997TT at all!

Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

Well said. I agree this. When i look the pre2006 Gallardo vs z06 roll, Gallardo first make a head ahead then z06 pull way. But when i check m6 vs Z06 video m6 did nothing z06 pulled away so easily.
    That m6 vs Gallardo video something wrong with the car or driver maybe esp on +sport mod off , who knows

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    That was very funny We have here before our very eyes..the one and only crash...stand up comedic talent from Timbuktu A man that could be sindicated... When is Leno due to retire?

If Leno hands me his car collection upon retirement, I'm in !

W211, the S6 would be a great car for longer trips - lots of traction as well.

Quote:
    W211 said:
    I don't think I could live with the noise for long trips in the F430/Gallardo, or the lack of a decent navigation system in the F430 (voice only, no map!), cheap interior in the Z06.

The interior of the Z06 is justified by its very low price.
    The navi in the latest F430 it technically up to date, but you're right about the missing screen. But some are no fans of clumsy centre consoles with big screens and small buttons.

And I have to disagree completely about the sound of the F430/Gallardo (of course I have ). The valve controlled flap-exhaust of the Italians is really a great thing: if you ever want to go muted (which happens once a year approximately ), you easily can by using only little throttle.

I am thinking of stop waiting for the new GT2 (to see if it is going to be pdk or not) and go and order a Gallardo Egear 520hp coupe...

Nick,
    That's a very good choice...

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    I am thinking of stop waiting for the new GT2 (to see if it is going to be pdk or not) and go and order a Gallardo Egear 520hp coupe...

Nick, I support that!

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

While your statement is correct it is also true that the 997TT is Porsche's ONLY offer in the high-hp segment to date.

x50 is unlikely to be available before CY2008. GT2 is unlikely to come with PSM.

Also, x50 will firstly be required to match the competitors acceleration times. If some additional upside remains (who knows?) the x50 might be slightly faster than a Gallardo/F430 MY2006. However, by 2008 at least the Gallardo will have 550hp...

Porsche has screwed it.

Also the 997TT lap times are very disappointing. Those won't change - even with x50

I am really disappointed

Why be upset. Posche turned the TT into a GT car to capture Sl500 buyers and it worked. They are smiling all the way to the bank. If you really want the great acceleration and track tiems the days of the TT being king are over. that ground is clearly held by the GT2/3 now. With the upcoming blue devil it's only going to get more competitive.

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

Well said. I agree this. When i look the pre2006 Gallardo vs z06 roll, Gallardo first make a head ahead then z06 pull way. But when i check m6 vs Z06 video m6 did nothing z06 pulled away so easily.
    That m6 vs Gallardo video something wrong with the car or driver maybe esp on +sport mod off , who knows

There's nothing wrong with the Gallrdo. You have to remember that the all wheel drive system in the Lambos robs tons of power. The Murci actually dynos at about 430hp. That's 20-30 less than a typical Z06. ANd yes the Z06 will also eat Murcis for lunch. The lambos lose 35% thru the drivetrain which is huge. If you were really generous the The Gallardo might have 390whp. I bet the M6 has at least 425 and the Z06 is about 450-460 with alot less weight than either of those cars so it's no suprise it's much faster. That shows you just how good Porsche all wheel drive system is. The TT probably dynos near 420-430 to be as fast as it is.

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:

Nick, wait until next year. 550 bhp FSI V10 with an improved suspension.

I will say why wait? If you have the money buy it now and enjoy it! Updated version could be introduced at Frankfurt 2007 which means delivery in February 2008... Way too long period if you ask me.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

Porsche has screwed it.

I am really disappointed

Why be upset. Posche turned the TT into a GT car to capture Sl500 buyers and it worked. They are smiling all the way to the bank. If you really want the great acceleration and track tiems the days of the TT being king are over. that ground is clearly held by the GT2/3 now. With the upcoming blue devil it's only going to get more competitive.

The 997TT is no more GT than the 996TT. The GT story is just marketing bla bla by Porsche

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

This is the only test I have seen in which the F430 is faster than the TT. I would say this is the exception not the rule, many tests have concluded the TT to be faster than the G and 430. Car and driver did rolling start tests when they compared the TT, Z06, and F430 and the TT was significantly faster.

Quote:
    trip said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

This is the only test I have seen in which the F430 is faster than the TT. I would say this is the exception not the rule, many tests have concluded the TT to be faster than the G and 430. Car and driver did rolling start tests when they compared the TT, Z06, and F430 and the TT was significantly faster.

No, no: Your statements refers to 0-200kph performance. The 997TT has the best 0-200kph times in pretty much every test I know. HOWEVER, this is ONLY due to the superior 0-50kph performance; beyond 50kph the 997TT is slower than its competitors

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    I can't believe that I am asking this question because this car is still very fast...but how easy do you guys think 550 reliable horsepower is acheievable (without engine work)in the 997tt. And what change would this likely bring about in terms of performance?

Up to 540 HP are "reliable", performance increases from 0-200 kph by aprox. 1-1.5 seconds, around 6-7 seconds from 0-300 kph. Up to 580 HP should be achievable by software mods incl. a different exhaust/cats only, which is impressive.

Some tuners started to offer "switchable" kits, meaning: standard stock power and mapping with Sport Chrono turned off and with Sport Chrono turned ON additional 60-80 HP by the push of a button.

I still would wait until we have more experience with tuning kits, we're onto it, we're already checking out different variants and mods and as soon as there is something very interesting (meaning: reliable AND powerful), we'll post it.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

Porsche has screwed it.

I am really disappointed

The 997TT is no more GT than the 996TT. The GT story is just marketing bla bla by Porsche

The 996TT is so much a GT car I hated driving it. It's softly sprung. It's too heavy due to all the luxuries and sound deadening. It's brakes and styeering offer vague feedback when compared to a Stradale or a GT2/3. And they just keep getting more luxurious, thus heavier. That's a GT car if I ever heard of one.

Thanks RC your the best

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

50-250kph:

Poor result for Porsche

Porsche has screwed it.

I am really disappointed

The 996TT is so much a GT car I hated driving it. It's softly sprung. It's too heavy due to all the luxuries and sound deadening. It's brakes and styeering offer vague feedback when compared to a Stradale or a GT2/3. And they just keep getting more luxurious, thus heavier. That's a GT car if I ever heard of one.

Whether you consider the 996TT a GT or not is not the point.

The point is that the 997TT is no more GT than the 996TT

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    W211 said:
    I don't think I could live with the noise for long trips in the F430/Gallardo, or the lack of a decent navigation system in the F430 (voice only, no map!), cheap interior in the Z06.

The interior of the Z06 is justified by its very low price.
    The navi in the latest F430 it technically up to date, but you're right about the missing screen. But some are no fans of clumsy centre consoles with big screens and small buttons.

And I have to disagree completely about the sound of the F430/Gallardo (of course I have ). The valve controlled flap-exhaust of the Italians is really a great thing: if you ever want to go muted (which happens once a year approximately ), you easily can by using only little throttle.

I think my ears are too sensitive. Even with the where-is-my-noise 997TT, I wonder if it's the right car to take for trips over 5 hours.

I'm positive I'm one of those MB AMG suckers Porsche managed to successfully capture with the GT marketing. One of those finding the Bentley too rich and porky, AMGs handling not good enough, Aston too slow, Lotus & Noble too raw, Ferrari/Lambo too loud.

Quote:
    W211 said:
    I think my ears are too sensitive. Even with the where-is-my-noise 997TT, I wonder if it's the right car to take for trips over 5 hours.

I'm positive I'm one of those MB AMG suckers Porsche managed to successfully capture with the GT marketing. One of those finding the Bentley too rich and porky, AMGs handling not good enough, Aston too slow, Lotus & Noble too raw, Ferrari/Lambo too loud.

Poor you, I guess you are a dead loss.

Who cares about bragging rights?

Surely you buy a Porsche because it's simply the best all round sports package for a daily car?

Who gives a stuff if a driver that you've never met posts a pointless fractionally better drag time than another driver that you've never met. Are we in the playground here?

I've got a Caterham that wipes the floor with the lot of them but I don't feel the need to continually boast about it and I'll use my 911 every day anyway because it's simply a better car. It's a silly thing to get wound up about.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662164 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401179 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254593 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229182 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59543 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853507 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761859 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM