Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: VIdeo: Porsche 911 Turbo (997) vs BMW M5 Kelleners Sport

Quote:
    Crash said:

What I'm really interested in is a race against the C6Z and the 430 (and also between those two).

stop dreaming man!! havent you learnt already...Z06 is far supeior in performance, from a rolling start 997 TT has no chance..

btw gustav, awesome videos..

Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

What I'm really interested in is a race against the C6Z and the 430 (and also between those two).

stop dreaming man!! havent you learnt already...Z06 is far supeior in performance, from a rolling start 997 TT has no chance..

What should I have learned? That you can't spell your screen name correctly? I haven't mentioned anything about any car being faster than another, but you just had to butt in with your senseless comments, trying to ignite something. Real mature .

Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Yeah buddy what's the need for the hostilities

New video:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81481

Well my bad, I read between as beat

I dont mind owning upto my mistaken, i misread your post crash..

Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Well my bad, I read between as beat

I dont mind owning upto my mistaken, i misread your post crash..

All right then. Like I've said before, the Corvette is mighty impressive and if the other manufacturers (P, F, L) decide to at least match its performance, we have nothing to worry about for the future.

Hi Gustav,

when do you start your next comparisons and with what cars?

Quote:
    Gustav said:
    New video:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81481

Great video! I like it a lot!

BTW, is that you Gustav?

Greets from Stefan!

New video

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81471

Hey Gustav it is off topic but the M6 vs orange Gallardo roll, does the Gallardo again go still ESP on and not sport mode??? Or something wrong with the driver imo.

I thought this because i saw the same zo6 vs m6 roll. zo6 ran way in a short time. When i compare the Gallardo vs zo6 video Galardo was ahead first then zo6 ran away. That confused me so much..

BTW I expected much better from the Turbo for this video

Quote:
    Just_me said:
    New video

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81471

The F430 really is quick. I think it is fair to say that all four, the F430, the Gallardo, the Z06 as well as the 997 Turbo play in the same class, performance-wise. Just as RC said in his superb report.

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Hey Gustav it is off topic but the M6 vs orange Gallardo roll, does the Gallardo again go still ESP on and not sport mode??? Or something wrong with the driver imo.

I thought this because i saw the same zo6 vs m6 roll. zo6 ran way in a short time. When i compare the Gallardo vs zo6 video Galardo was ahead first then zo6 ran away. That confused me so much..

I think the drivers have almost as much to do with the performance in these tests as the cars ability. So while very interesting I wouldn't draw any conclusions of ultimate performance based on the video's. I bet for some of the drivers it might be the first time they've ever raced their cars like this. Still enjoy the hell out of the video's in any case.

430 vs 997 TT? Perhaps 430 is faster

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:

I think the drivers have almost as much to do with the performance in these tests as the cars ability. So while very interesting I wouldn't draw any conclusions of ultimate performance based on the video's. I bet for some of the drivers it might be the first time they've ever raced their cars like this. Still enjoy the hell out of the video's in any case.

I understand what you mean. But i asked because some of their m5/m6board videos take some reaction(not good) at 6speedonline. Also some of their videos named as biased sometimes at some forums(even in turkish forums). I asked because when they put m5 vs G'do video G was running ESP on and doesnt mentioned if it is on sport mode or not. But M's was always p500 s6 mode for example. Another forum i saw a different video m5 vs G'do and result was 90 degree different to their videos. Thats why i asked.
    It is not to attack his videos. BTW not certain yet but in a few weeks i will have a 2006 M5 if an agreement with dealar occurs.I gave the offer waiting for reply. Maybe i will have true the answer to compare both G and M5. Ok he is posting good roll stuff whether result is true or not. Please dont misunderstood me.

There is nothing fishy about these videos. Just childish to even think so. I was there and I saw what happen wih my own eyes. The Gallardo driver did all he could and if he is bad driver, well, for Gallardo fans, thats bad luck for you. Once again, nothing fishy about this video. All drivers did their best.

Quote:
    Just_me said:
    There is nothing fishy about these videos. Just childish to even think so. I was there and I saw what happen wih my own eyes. The Gallardo driver did all he could and if he is bad driver, well, for Gallardo fans, thats bad luck for you. Once again, nothing fishy about this video. All drivers did their best.

Don't forget to mention that it's the 500 bhp version, which also lacks good gearing. It's really no surprise he lost. 65 less bhp, AWD to rob more of its power, worse gearing and weight that is lower by only about 200 kg. No surprise, really.

Quote:
    Crash said:

Don't forget to mention that it's the 500 bhp version

True!

All I can say is "hats off to the Z06", it sure as hell satisfy those with a Need For Speed for a fraction of the price. Thank God we don't have it for sale here downunder... it'll put alot of us P owners (non-turbos) to shame at traffic lights shoot outs!

Quote:
    Just_me said:

Your right. There's nothing wrong with the Gallardo or the videos. You have to remember that the all wheel drive system in the Lambos robs tons of power. The Murci actually dynos at about 430hp. That's 20-30 less than a typical Z06. ANd yes the Z06 will also eat Murcis for lunch. The lambos lose 35% thru the drivetrain which is huge. If you were really generous the The Gallardo might have 390whp. I bet the M6 has at least 425 and the Z06 is about 450-460 with alot less weight than either of those cars so it's no suprise it's much faster. That shows you just how good Porsche all wheel drive system is. The TT probably dynos near 420-430 to be as fast as it is. Just out of interest has anyone dynoed a 997TT to see what kind of power it really makes? What did the 996TTs typically dyno at the wheels.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Just_me said:

Your right. There's nothing wrong with the Gallardo or the videos. You have to remember that the all wheel drive system in the Lambos robs tons of power. The Murci actually dynos at about 430hp. That's 20-30 less than a typical Z06. ANd yes the Z06 will also eat Murcis for lunch. The lambos lose 35% thru the drivetrain which is huge. If you were really generous the The Gallardo might have 390whp. I bet the M6 has at least 425 and the Z06 is about 450-460 with alot less weight than either of those cars so it's no suprise it's much faster. That shows you just how good Porsche all wheel drive system is. The TT probably dynos near 420-430 to be as fast as it is. Just out of interest has anyone dynoed a 997TT to see what kind of power it really makes? What did the 996TTs typically dyno at the wheels.

Yes there is something wrong with the Gallardo. Have seen videos where the Gallardo was faster than M5 and M6. That car was making 400hp at most to loose such ground to the M6.

J.Seven

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    ANd yes the Z06 will also eat Murcis for lunch.

I have to disagree on this statement... The Murcielago is about 6-8 seconds quicker 0-300kph than the Z06 (source: AMS). The Z06's competitior is the Gallardo

About the weights: M5 1840 kg, 997 TT 1580 kg

Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Just_me said:

Yes there is something wrong with the Gallardo. Have seen videos where the Gallardo was faster than M5 and M6. That car was making 400hp at most to loose such ground to the M6.

J.Seven

Probably 400 at the rear wheels. That's being very generous for a Gallardo i'm sure. Gallardos just aren't that fast. Not compared to all the new crop of rides. That's an 04 as well. That's before the hp bump and new gearing. Show me videos where a Gallardo beats an M6 and i'll be a believer. The m6 is a little heavier but it has probably 35-40whp more due to the parasitic all wheel drive of the Gallardo. And the tranny is definately superior. That 7 speed smg keeps that engine perfectly in the powerband. I think that year Gallardo runs about 115mph in the QT. The M6 runs about 188-120. That's quite a bit faster.

Quote:
    Just_me said:

..now imagine Kelleners M5 walks away in such a race by...10-20 car lengths from stock M5...

...imagine 997TT has a driver, who actually knows how to drive it...

Gustav&Co. at M5board.com are known for it's STAGED videos propaganda. Their video 997TT/996TT drivers are usually pussies vs "wolfs in a sheep clothes" M5 drivers...

...ask them, if their 997TT driver knows location of the PSM OFF button and actually uses it, not to mention others...

OZRacing

Quote:
    ozr said:
    Quote:
    Just_me said:

..now imagine Kelleners M5 walks away in such a race by...10-20 car lengths from stock M5...

Gustav&Co. at M5board.com are known for it's STAGED videos propaganda. Their video 997TT/996TT drivers are usually pussies vs "wolfs in a sheep clothes" M5 drivers...

...ask them, if their 997TT driver knows location of the PSM OFF button and actually uses it, not to mention others...

OZRacing

Tell me which 997 tt owner will drive exclusively for Gustav slow! Look at your post, like Mr. Bush propaganda. The M5 is slow and the 997 tt is the best. Did you ever drove both cars? How do you think 30-50hp in car with 507 hp will make it 10-20 car length faster? Even one car length is a huge improvement. What do you think the porsche driver has done wrong? Look at the video where a Z06 beets the M6 obviously, has Gustav put a wrong driver in the M6. All videos are made sitting inside a M5 and M6, so with extra passenger. Is this pro M5/6 or contra?

AM

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Quote:
    ozr said:
    Quote:
    Just_me said:

OZRacing

Tell me which 997 tt owner will drive exclusively for Gustav slow! Look at your post, like Mr. Bush propaganda. The M5 is slow and the 997 tt is the best. Did you ever drove both cars? How do you think 30-50hp in car with 507 hp will make it 10-20 car length faster? Even one car length is a huge improvement. What do you think the porsche driver has done wrong? Look at the video where a Z06 beets the M6 obviously, has Gustav put a wrong driver in the M6. All videos are made sitting inside a M5 and M6, so with extra passenger. Is this pro M5/6 or contra?

AM

Well, he is right about the 10-20 car lengths. Just look at this video comparing a stock M5 and the Kelleners M5...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVgtaOsHTLQ

How about this F430F1 Berlinetta is around 4 cars lenghts faster from 100km/h till 250km/h then M6.
    This was done this summer in Croatia on autobahn Zagreb-Karlovac in Croatia during the night.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    How about this F430F1 Berlinetta is around 4 cars lenghts faster from 100km/h till 250km/h then M6.
    This was done this summer in Croatia on autobahn Zagreb-Karlovac in Croatia during the night.

For this also compare the test TopGear did with a F430 F1 versus a M5. Same result here.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    Just_me said:

J.Seven

Probably 400 at the rear wheels. That's being very generous for a Gallardo i'm sure. Gallardos just aren't that fast. Not compared to all the new crop of rides. That's an 04 as well. That's before the hp bump and new gearing. Show me videos where a Gallardo beats an M6 and i'll be a believer. The m6 is a little heavier but it has probably 35-40whp more due to the parasitic all wheel drive of the Gallardo. And the tranny is definately superior. That 7 speed smg keeps that engine perfectly in the powerband. I think that year Gallardo runs about 115mph in the QT. The M6 runs about 188-120. That's quite a bit faster.

dont know M6 video but i can show you a M5 vs Gallardo roll on the autobahn if you want. That can make an oppinion maybe.

Quote:
    ozr said:
    Quote:
    Just_me said:

OZRacing

Well said
    They did same thing done on the old black Gallardo vs M5 video. M5 was in all modes , Galalrdo was ESP on and they dont record a vdieo Sport Mode on and ESP off both mode.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755976 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431887 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258990 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256059 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80020 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5268 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869115 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803432 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM