Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

Not bad in red and black grille.

Topspeed:

Not bad in red and black grille.

I like it. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

The Urus is an amazing modern SUV, I suggest to anyone doubting it to take a test-drive.

It is no sports car of course but if I had to choose between my E63 S AMG (which I honestly love, best family car I had ever...same goes to best daily driver ever) and the Urus, I would take the Urus in a heartbeat. I know it is basically an Audi Q8 with Lamborghini body but Lamborghini really did a very good job in creating the Lamborghini sports car "illusion" in the Urus, believe it or not. It doesn't sound like a n/a V10 or V12 of course but for a Biturbo V8, excellent sound and not as generic as many other Biturbo V8 engines, incl. the new Cayenne Turbo.

The only downside of this car is the fact that it attracts a lot of attention. Why downside? Well, this is a SUV and we all know that most people secretly love SUVs but still often bash them for various reasons (not sporty, too heavy, not environment friendly, dangerous for other drivers on the road, bla bla bla). 

Good news for buyers: I heard that Urus sales/orders have slowed down a bit, the markets seem saturated, speculators are sitting on unsold cars as well or there isn't much business for them anymore, so at some point, the Urus will be widely available, even with a discount. At least here in Germany. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I saw one parked at one of our local public underground parking . It was all black . Very nice . Made me want one , but .... it is huge !!! Took more then one parking space .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

I think the Urus is an overpriced, useless and ugly thing, I do not see the appeal of this thing!

the-missile:
    RC:

Relax, guys. No harm done advertising Miami, it is one of the if not the coolest city worldwide, if you exclude Dubai (for various socio-cultural and political reasons).

There even was a survey recently where you have the best chance as a single (man/woman) to meet someone and Miami was first from a variety of cities. Smiley Smiley Number 2 was London...I think. 

Have you been to the Frost Museum of Science with your kid(s)? My kids loved it. Even my wife enjoyed it, even if she isn't really a big museum buff (she did the whole MOMA in NY in under two hours, must be a new record Smiley Smiley).

Dubai, the coolest city in the world...LOL not even close.

There's no facepalm big enough for these kind of statements. Dubai is a mall in the desert, how that compares to places like HK, NYC, London, ... Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Dubai is a very interesting "experiment" and a real treat for architects and city developers, also for IT pros (lots of experimental stuff going on in Dubai). So from a nerd's point of view, I think Dubai is quite cool but yes, it lacks the tradition and history of other cities. It is interesting that people who actually live there, we know two doctors, aren't that amazed by the city. Smiley Shopping? This is ancient history, Dubai is way too expensive for shopping. Best prices for luxury articles are usually...hold your breath...in Germany. There are also some outlets (for example in Munich, Schustermann & Borenstein) with limited access (by "membership" only) offering amazing prices for top notch merchandise. The US is also great for shopping if you know the right places but Dubai? Maybe a couple of years ago.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Josef:

I think the Urus is an overpriced, useless and ugly thing, I do not see the appeal of this thing!

Overpriced? Definitely. Useless and ugly? Not at all, if you have family. I would never drive a SUV if I didn't have kids (or some people...dogs Smiley) because it doesn't make sense but as a family car, the Urus is amazing. We had one for a weekend and didn't want to let it go, kids were going crazy about it. 

--

Dubai is a nice city to live in, with nice weather from October to April, then it's too hot for any outdoor activities except the beach, which also gets too hot in July and August. Born and raised there, I like it but I would not consider from my top 5 cities in the world. It's a good job market as well, or used to be as I'm not sure now.  For luxury shopping, most of Europe is cheaper and especially now because the Euro is weak against the dollar (which the dirham is tied with). The Porsches are cheap which is good indecision

RC:

Dubai is a very interesting "experiment" and a real treat for architects and city developers, also for IT pros (lots of experimental stuff going on in Dubai). So from a nerd's point of view, I think Dubai is quite cool but yes, it lacks the tradition and history of other cities. It is interesting that people who actually live there, we know two doctors, aren't that amazed by the city. Smiley Shopping? This is ancient history, Dubai is way too expensive for shopping. Best prices for luxury articles are usually...hold your breath...in Germany. There are also some outlets (for example in Munich, Schustermann & Borenstein) with limited access (by "membership" only) offering amazing prices for top notch merchandise. The US is also great for shopping if you know the right places but Dubai? Maybe a couple of years ago.

But for a city to be considered 'great' it needs far more than just that, no? To have history, to be vibrant, to be liveable (have you tried Dubai in July/August?), to be green, ...

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Good news if the Urus is becoming more available. The wife has given the green light for one, but also for a new Bentley convertible and a Tesla X, the kids are dying to own a Lamborghini since they have seen Porsche, Ferrari and AM in the garage pretty much all their life. And yet we don’t really need to add 3 cars to the already 5 in the garage since I am the only one driving and only 2-3 days a week except in the summer... I really should let the AM and the California go but they all want to keep them...

Josef:

+1 This SUV is butt ugly and wouldn’t be caught dead in it. My apologies Crayfile but I tell it like it is. Smiley

--

Stress is man made.

I am 100% with you. Dubai has a long way to go to be a “top city.” It takes more than spending a lot of money in the desert...

mcdelaug:

I am 100% with you. Dubai has a long way to go to be a “top city.” It takes more than spending a lot of money in the desert...

Sure we can agree on that, but don't forget that the country is a very young one (since 1971) and the transformation that has happened here in such a short duration of time is nothing short of sensational. It's one of the safest places to live in the world and expats are making more than 80% of the population. You just have to understand that we come from a different background and culture, and that has to be respected. And remember no income or property taxes....

The main problem with Dubai is the lack of integration with the locals. I have never felt so “foreign” and “tolerated” than in Dubai. Fun for a few days though, but not for shopping, the USA is still way ahead there in term of price and selection.

SciFrog:

The main problem with Dubai is the lack of integration with the locals. I have never felt so “foreign” and “tolerated” than in Dubai. Fun for a few days though, but not for shopping, the USA is still way ahead there in term of price and selection.

There aren't many locals to integrate with yes..... Believe me feeling foreign and tolerated is much better than your wife getting harassed and discriminated just for wearing a scarf while in the US or being told she is a bad mom by an Old American lady just because our 1 years old was crying in a busy cafe. In the six years we lived there I wanted to do a coast to coast roadtrip but didn't as I never felt safe going through some of the areas. Still we had good times especially driving through New England in the Fall. To be honest we don't care about shopping as we used to be, just watches and jewelry and there is no way the US is cheaper in those departments.

I’m sorry you experienced those things in the US. Our nation is far from perfect, and frankly it seems to be less tolerant now than it was even a few years ago.

For me, the best cities have a distinct culture that is supported by many different elements, as porker stated above.  No offense, but Dubai is still too one dimensional - kind of a paradise of materialism, no clear cultural depth there. I’m not saying that doesn’t exist, it just isn’t apparent compared all the shops and “shouty” displays of wealth.

mcdelaug:

I’m sorry you experienced those things in the US. Our nation is far from perfect, and frankly it seems to be less tolerant now than it was even a few years ago.

I don't know how often this happens and where but we've been a couple of times in US tourist hot spots and there were many women with a hijab or even a burka (no kidding) once in a while and yes, some people were looking weird (maybe even us, I don't know) but I haven't experienced any direct or indirect animosity towards these women, on the contrary. I mean see it the other way around: What would happen if my wife, she loves to wear pretty short mini skirts, would walk around like that in the middle of Riad? An obvious difference in clothing will be always noticed and like it or not, it will always attract attention. What is inexcusable is any kind of direct or indirect animosity towards these persons, it is their business how they are dressed and/or look, none of ours. As long as they are peaceful like anyone else, so be it. Diversity always made life interesting. Smiley

For me, the best cities have a distinct culture that is supported by many different elements, as porker stated above.  No offense, but Dubai is still too one dimensional - kind of a paradise of materialism, no clear cultural depth there. I’m not saying that doesn’t exist, it just isn’t apparent compared all the shops and “shouty” displays of wealth.

Ask many Germans (or Europeans) and in the US, there is no place with cultural depth or any kind of culture anyway. Smiley I think we need to get away from these prejudices and preconceptions we always have that for a country/city/region to have cultural value, it needs to have a 500+ years of history and culture. Smiley 

Dubai is, similar to Las Vegas, an artificial product. This is not the Middle East. The only concern I have about Dubai are the various reports I hear from Europeans/Americans who live there and who claim that they feel like living in a bubble, with no access to the "real" outside and native people there. This would bother me. I have no cultural borders, I've been in the homes of so many different people and even if it was sometimes a bit disturbing (to say at least, when you visit the sons of the PLO rep at home, they offer sweet tea and some cake and at the same time a video of the massacre in Shatila...I had a Lebanese Christian friend with me), I learned a lot about people and their cultures. Diversity is good but we need to respect each other.

--

RC:
    mcdelaug:

I don't know how often this happens and where but we've been a couple of times in US tourist hot spots and there were many women with a hijab or even a burka (no kidding) once in a while and yes, some people were looking weird (maybe even us, I don't know) but I haven't experienced any direct or indirect animosity towards these women, on the contrary. I mean see it the other way around: What would happen if my wife, she loves to wear pretty short mini skirts, would walk around like that in the middle of Riad? An obvious difference in clothing will be always noticed and like it or not, it will always attract attention. What is inexcusable is any kind of direct or indirect animosity towards these persons, it is their business how they are dressed and/or look, none of ours. As long as they are peaceful like anyone else, so be it. Diversity always made life interesting. Smiley

Ask many Germans (or Europeans) and in the US, there is no place with cultural depth or any kind of culture anyway. Smiley I think we need to get away from these prejudices and preconceptions we always have that for a country/city/region to have cultural value, it needs to have a 500+ years of history and culture. Smiley 

Dubai is, similar to Las Vegas, an artificial product. This is not the Middle East. The only concern I have about Dubai are the various reports I hear from Europeans/Americans who live there and who claim that they feel like living in a bubble, with no access to the "real" outside and native people there. This would bother me. I have no cultural borders, I've been in the homes of so many different people and even if it was sometimes a bit disturbing (to say at least, when you visit the sons of the PLO rep at home, they offer sweet tea and some cake and at the same time a video of the massacre in Shatila...I had a Lebanese Christian friend with me), I learned a lot about people and their cultures. Diversity is good but we need to respect each other.

Agree completely with this, and certainly didn’t mean any disrespect, just my subjective assessment 

Don't worry, there is nothing more I hate than political correctness. We don't need to tip toe around each others but we need to respect each others and in no way can or should be harm other people in any way, just because they are different. Unless of course they want to harm us, that's a completely different story. 

I always enjoyed cultural diversity (can't say the same about food, I am very picky and certainly offended some of my hosts from time to time Smiley) and I think this is what makes life interesting but diversity and political correctness don't mix well in my opinion, they actually contradict each other. There isn't only the diversity in looks, sexual orientation or culture/religion, there is also diversity in opinion and political beliefs. This stops of course with direct racism but a little bit of prejudice and a little bit of stereotyping is human and we shouldn't hide or condemn it. I have a very good friend who is black...oops, Afro-American Smiley...he is a doctor in Florida and each time we meet, he asks me "what's going on with your sorry white ass?" (or something like that... Smiley) and the first time, I found it to be a bit offensive but now I understand how this works and it is just a friendly reminder that I'm a little bit different than him, no harm done. Of course I cannot and would not use the "n" word around him (actually, I never used or use it) but I'm also not tip toeing around him. Last time we met, his wife served fried chicken at their home and I asked him if this is some sort of black culture thing with fried chicken and all because I heard this so many times. We had a blast, he made so many black people and fried chicken jokes, I almost choked because of my laughing. 

This is how it is supposed to be...diversity...fun...relaxing. We are different but this is a good thing. From a anatomic and genetic construction point of view, we are basically the same, so no superiority or whatever crap. Smiley

--

Yes RC. No matter how much you joke with blacks the use of the n word will but a giant damper on things. Lol. 

Leawood911:

Yes RC. No matter how much you joke with blacks the use of the n word will but a giant damper on things. Lol. 

Smiley I would never even dream of using it, never did, never "learned" to do that. 

--

Yes such events are unfortunate but you learn to not care about it after a while, we lived in the US for 7 years and had a chance to travel more than 15 states. The only thing that I mind are the direct insults as many people are not that knowledgeable or open minded.

@RC Riad is a different situation, it is against the law for women to wear short skirts there so she could actually get into trouble. Similar situation would happen in Iran. 

People have lived in dubai and the UAE in general for hundreds of years, due to it's location it has always been a hub for merchants and business. Believe me we made the most out of the jump start that the oil has given us, unlike other countries such as Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, and Venzuela..... We want to build sustainable future when electric car will be the only car driven and you won't be able to drive your Performante 

RC, Vegas and Miami are not where you will find the most American culture...

AP911:

Yes such events are unfortunate but you learn to not care about it after a while, we lived in the US for 7 years and had a chance to travel more than 15 states. The only thing that I mind are the direct insults as many people are not that knowledgeable or open minded.

Direct insults are absolutely unacceptable, not because they aren't nice but because it is plain wrong to do such a thing. I am so sorry about that but some people often put everyone in one category of people and the results can be pretty nasty. 

@RC Riad is a different situation, it is against the law for women to wear short skirts there so she could actually get into trouble. Similar situation would happen in Iran. 

I know, it was just an example on how cultures can clash...

People have lived in dubai and the UAE in general for hundreds of years, due to it's location it has always been a hub for merchants and business. Believe me we made the most out of the jump start that the oil has given us, unlike other countries such as Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, and Venzuela..... We want to build sustainable future when electric car will be the only car driven and you won't be able to drive your Performante 

I know that people in the UAE and especially Dubai are often more open minded and focused on business and prosperity, not that much on ideologies and/or religion compared to other countries in the region (let's say Iran but also Saudi Arabia) and I wish the whole Middle East would be like Dubai but it isn't, which is a pity. I like societies where people have a choice, even if some choices may not seem right to me (or others) but this is what diversity is all about, we don't have to like everything. Like I said before, diversity can be an amazingly beautiful and interesting thing.

--

SciFrog:

RC, Vegas and Miami are not where you will find the most American culture...

Seriously? Do you really think I'm that shallow? Smiley These are locations I love to spend time in but American culture not only has way more different facets, the typical American culture won't be found in a state where the main language seems to be Spanish Smiley and not in an artificially created city like Vegas.

--

Dubaï is not Riyad but Dubai is not mini skirt free everywhere you want either. 

There is a form of tolerance here but not to the European level. People tend to forget it is a Muslim country under sharia law and it is located in Middle East with direct border to Saudi Arabia.

UAE is also full of single men to an incredible ratio of 75%  vs 25% for ladies. Most of these guys come from countries where the ladies have very limited protection against freedom or basic rights.

The locals represent a small part of the entire population (around 10ish%) and are very nice guys. But the Arabic culture is very different than crazy yes to everything Europe. Here in Dubai, girlfriend is not allowed and living with her is a criminal offense..even if some people do it but when the problem starts....

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Dubaï is not Riyad but Dubai is not mini skirt free everywhere you want either. 

There is a form of tolerance here but not to the European level. People tend to forget it is a Muslim country under sharia law and it is located in Middle East with direct border to Saudi Arabia.

UAE is also full of single men to an incredible ratio of 75%  vs 25% for ladies. Most of these guys come from countries where the ladies have very limited protection against freedom or basic rights.

The locals represent a small part of the entire population (around 10ish%) and are very nice guys. But the Arabic culture is very different than crazy yes to everything Europe. Here in Dubai, girlfriend is not allowed and living with her is a criminal offense..even if some people do it but when the problem starts....

This is exactly what I was talking about, they still need some time to get where they (maybe) want to be but since I know the Middle East pretty well, I think that Dubai is an excellent example of how it could be if some people would start to go back to the more pleasant typical Arabic traits like doing business, trade and offering an amazing hospitality instead of political and/or religious ideology.

--

RC:

I always enjoyed cultural diversity (can't say the same about food, I am very picky and certainly offended some of my hosts from time to time Smiley)

Food is usually one of the best things about traveling for me, though I have limits on what I'll try.

Kanye's Urus...oh boy. mail 

I guess he can kiss his warranty, at least regarding his brake system, good-bye. 

I would also be worried that due to excessive heat-buildup, there could even be a fire hazard risk.

Lamborghini-Urus-Kanye-Wests-extravagantes-Luxus-SUV-1200x800-10e5573f000d2acc.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805700 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449102 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266735 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90295 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6949 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886687 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835386 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM