Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

I'm liking it in this combo. 

Capture1.JPG
    Capture2.jpg

ISUK:

Hopefully the Urus will allow Lamborghini to widen their range and offer a modern day Espada instead of the four door Estoque saloon which was an incredibly dull car that would have struggled in what is a very small luxury saloon market. An Espada type car would let Lamborghini go up against the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso.

Everything Lamborghini does in the future will be certainly tied to what Audi and Porsche will do.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Enmanuel:

It looks very good in that colour way Smiley

FFs, Lussos, Bentaygas -- they all lose at least 50K in the first year. Heck, Huracans even lost about $50k in its debut year. There is no way the Urus is going to escape this. 18 months from now they'll $150K at most.

noone1:

FFs, Lussos, Bentaygas -- they all lose at least 50K in the first year. Heck, Huracans even lost about $50k in its debut year. There is no way the Urus is going to escape this. 18 months from now they'll $150K at most.

That depreciation only matters to buyers who are stretching themselves way beyond their sensible financial reach because they want to project a lifestyle. For the type of buyers Lamborghini are most likely aiming to ensnare that sort of money loss is almost an irrelevance. These top tier SUV's are only going to have a very short shelf life in terms of market appeal as they are essentially the latest "must be seen in" fashion accessory. In 3 or 4 years they will be old news and difficult to sell new without sizeable discounts.

Enmanuel:

Capture1.JPG
    Capture2.jpg

I built that exact configuration yesterday, just went with the diamond stitching pattern. Showed it to my wife and she told me it looks like a bug Smiley.

To me, this car makes more sense than a Cayenne Turbo or a Panamera Turbo. No need to hide, if you've got it, flaunt it. The easiest thing to do is criticize others, especially when you don't know them. 

ISUK:
    noone1:

That depreciation only matters to buyers who are stretching themselves way beyond their sensible financial reach because they want to project a lifestyle. For the type of buyers Lamborghini are most likely aiming to ensnare that sort of money loss is almost an irrelevance. These top tier SUV's are only going to have a very short shelf life in terms of market appeal as they are essentially the latest "must be seen in" fashion accessory. In 3 or 4 years they will be old news and difficult to sell new without sizeable discounts.

Smiley In Germany, Lambos don't have that extreme depreciation, unlike my R8 for example. Seems that if people pay good money for a car, they want the brand name as well.

I am actually pretty curious how Urus depreciation will be in Germany. Maybe I'm lucky... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

ISUK:
    Enmanuel:

It looks very good in that colour way Smiley

I agree. The more you can hide the lines of car the better. This car screams garish. But to be fair, I think all Lambo's do.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

This seems like be a real winner. It should drive well. It can accommodate 5. It looks worthy of its price tag. And it makes other people jealous smiley

ISUK:
    noone1:

Never said it was. Just saying they will be in RC's price range in 1-2 years.

noone1:
    ISUK:
    noone1:

If not, you can pass over a bitcoin or two... Smiley Smiley

Nah, I don't think I could get one, not in Germany. Reading all those comments in various car forums, I think that the Urus will have a hard time in certain markets/regions. What a shame.

--

RC:
    noone1:
    ISUK:
    noone1:

Nah, I don't think I could get one, not in Germany. Reading all those comments in various car forums, I think that the Urus will have a hard time in certain markets/regions. What a shame.

One would never take market and product advise from Internet forum posters.  This model was highly researched and business case heavily analyzed.   Lamborghini will have no issues in selling the 5,000 or so allocated for production each year.   That’s the benefit of using the MLB EVO component set.  Smaller production runs become economically possible for the smaller brands.  

CGX car nut:
    RC:
    noone1:
    ISUK:
    noone1:

One would never take market and product advise from Internet forum posters.  This model was highly researched and business case heavily analyzed.   Lamborghini will have no issues in selling the 5,000 or so allocated for production each year.   That’s the benefit of using the MLB EVO component set.  Smaller production runs become economically possible for the smaller brands.  

To be fair, just about every major sales flop was also highly researched and heavily analyzed.

noone1:
    CGX car nut:
    RC:
    noone1:
    ISUK:
    noone1:

To be fair, just about every major sales flop was also highly researched and heavily analyzed.

Globally, the required uptake is numerically so small that a market readily exists.  

Well look at it this way -- AM has been selling thousands of cars unprofitably and with insane depreciation for years.

I'm not saying the Urus will be a flop, but I see no guarantee it will be a success such that it doesn't depreciate massively very quickly as supply dwarfs demand. 

The Urus will certainly not be a flop but in Germany, it will not sell well, simply because it is too "in your face" for our SUV market. SUVs have a pretty bad reputation here and the Urus is basically the halo high performance SUV now. It's design language is very straight forward, to say at least, not something the German SUV market would appreciate.

Dubai, Miami, etc.? No doubt, the Urus will rock.

--

I like it. I think it will sell well in many North American cities the middle east etc. Makes more sense than the Bentayga....

loving the brand Lamborghini but not really wanting another sports car this is abslolutely the car to get.

suv's or x-overs are suited to some areas in the world more than others. in these markets the urus is a great product.

when it comes to performance suv`s this is the one to get at the moment imo

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

noone1:

Well look at it this way -- AM has been selling thousands of cars unprofitably and with insane depreciation for years.

I'm not saying the Urus will be a flop, but I see no guarantee it will be a success such that it doesn't depreciate massively very quickly as supply dwarfs demand. 

AM did not have the benefits of platform sharing that Lamborghini enjoys within the VW group. Before it went solo, AM suffered under poor US management decisions from Ford (as did Jaguar and Land Rover). For some inexplicable reason US car company management seems incapable of understanding or nurturing premium European brands.  They have invariably lowered the engineering levels to suit their lowest cost models for platform sharing which was a recipe for disaster. There is no requirement to make a car handle well if straight line drag races are what most US buyers care about. Heck for years they only had to make Indy cars capable of turning left so there wasn't much transference of race bread engineering prowess to road cars either Smiley

Witness the revival of fortunes at Jaguar Land Rover and Volvo once freed from the straight jacket of Ford ownership. The same may very well happen with Opel/Vauxhall now that GM have sold it to the PSA group.

RC:

The Urus will certainly not be a flop but in Germany, it will not sell well, simply because it is too "in your face" for our SUV market. SUVs have a pretty bad reputation here and the Urus is basically the halo high performance SUV now. It's design language is very straight forward, to say at least, not something the German SUV market would appreciate.

Dubai, Miami, etc.? No doubt, the Urus will rock.

Whatever happens, it will sell A LOT more along with the new G-Class (New IFS Suspension?) than Sport Turismo Smiley

The Lamborghini cost of ownership is not be taken lightly, they are on another level when it comes to preparing the final invoice Smiley

Back in 2012 a young owner misused the launch control on a LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale and had the car towed back to the service center pretending he has never done anything stupid, a simple plug n play to the ecu displayed clutch life expectancy down to 20% and how many times he launched the car on the day of delivery and was handed over an invoice for a new E-gear clutch replacement $7,000 w/o labour  Smiley

Urus design has no coherence, style and panache.

It's a riot of lines, sharp edges and 'features' drawn by a 10 year old not long after he ate a marijuana cookie

There is nothing I don’t like on the Urus. Showed the red one to the wife, she loved it and said “When are we getting it?”... Now I am in trouble lol. I’d rather wait 2 year and scoop it $75k below MSRP like Nonne1 said...

Split the difference with her -- 9 months and $50K under sticker.

noone1:

Split the difference with her -- 9 months and $50K under sticker.

The honeymoon period for strong residuals will probably be quite a bit longer on this car as the SUV market is far larger than the exotic sports car market so demand will likely be much higher in certain key markets such as the US. The factory is only geared to make 20 cars a day and they will resist upping that level for a while to ensure they get the quality right. Their dealerships are going to have to expand to deal with the increased servicing requirements as well because unlike the majority of Aventadors and Huracans that only do a few thousand miles a year and have one service visit per annum, the Urus is likely to be used a lot more regularly by owners. That dealer network capability factor will limit sales volumes in the initial years on the market.

I'd take that bet ;)

I believe the Bentayga will be a good indication of what will happen with the Urus. They're both exotic, $200K+ SUVs and the fact that they get more mileage will impact the residuals even more. If as you say they are used more, the depreciation per mile will be a lot less, but the mileage will still significantly reduce residuals.

A 7K mile Urus 9-12 months after launch will be $50K under sticker IMO. Only time will tell though.

SciFrog:

There is nothing I don’t like on the Urus. Showed the red one to the wife, she loved it and said “When are we getting it?”... Now I am in trouble lol. I’d rather wait 2 year and scoop it $75k below MSRP like Nonne1 said...

Not a fan of the sideline, it looks a bit too long but otherwise, I love the Urus but I'd say it is a very color sensitive car.

--

Well it looks good in black because every car looks good in black... And it looks good in bright colors because it is a Lambo smiley Anyhow no doubt street presence will be what it is expected from a Lambo, even crossover.

noone1:
    CGX car nut:
    RC:
    noone1:
    ISUK:
    noone1:

Pontiac Aztec anyone? 

996FourEss:
    noone1:
    CGX car nut:
    RC:
    noone1:
    ISUK:
    noone1:

Pontiac Aztec anyone? 

The market for the Pontiac Aztec did exist, unfortunately, General Motors bean counters demanded the product be built in a way that compromised the final design.  

Josef:

Am I the only one who thinks it is fugly yes

No. Some angles and details are interesting, but overall I expected better from Lambo.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691145 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410231 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256266 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235425 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65757 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858865 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775177 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM