Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Deviated stitching in Speed Yellow

Does anyone have any pics of black leather interior with Speed Yellow deviated stitching on the leather seats? I am finalizing my order for my 997tt today and need to make a decision quickly. I remember not too long ago that there was some discussion on this topic and I recall that it did not appear that we could get deviating stitching in the US. According to my dealer it is now available. I will have GT Silver exterior, black leather int. with speed yellow seat belts and think that the alternating stitching on the black leather seats would look nice. Any thoughts or pics? Thanks.

Re: Deviated stitching in Speed Yellow

Quote:
    Apex Seeker said:
    Does anyone have any pics of black leather interior with Speed Yellow deviated stitching on the leather seats? I am finalizing my order for my 997tt today and need to make a decision quickly. I remember not too long ago that there was some discussion on this topic and I recall that it did not appear that we could get deviating stitching in the US. According to my dealer it is now available. I will have GT Silver exterior, black leather int. with speed yellow seat belts and think that the alternating stitching on the black leather seats would look nice. Any thoughts or pics? Thanks.

Search a few pages back. A member from Hong Kong posted a picture about a month ago.

Found it, thanks!

Realize that unless you spec upgraded handbrake/shifter, thicker sport steering wheel and carefully specify that deviated stitching incl all Exclusive options, it's poss that deviated stitching may be inconsistently applied to interior....P charges some $2K+ for deviated stitching and needs 3-4 option codes to make it happen (realize many US P dealers are very inept w/option codes for deviated stitching...make sure a senior sales mgr talks to PCNA to make sure everyone @PCNA and PAG knows what you want)....

VKSF, After looking at the pics with all of the options in deviated stitching, I think that it is probably overkill. My thought is that just having the black leather seats with deviated stitching and with the speed yellow seat belts and the PCCB's in yellow would be enough. Do you agree? I did get the thicker sport steering wheel but did not option the deviated stitching. My thought is that eventually, oils from my hands would eventually darken the color. Same with the floor mats....the speed yellow color is so bright, getting in and out would make them a maintenance challenge.
    I could get deviated stitching on the doors and also the dash, but thought that maybe just the seats would be enough with the seat belts and PCCB's. I did consider your thought though....wondering if just the seats and the seat belts would not be enough. I don't want it to look unfinished.

Would argue incomplete/inconsistent deviated stitching is the worst look, i.e., yell stitch on most leather pieces like seats/doors, but grey stitch on other pieces like shifter/handbrake.....

Have had two blk/blk 996TTS w/red stitching/belts and numerous leather options; was pleased ....but 997TT's interior architecture has a lot more stitchwork than 996TTS, so deviated stitching might be overkill.....

On mtce, have observed that those who are OCD re: their cars (no food/drink/pets/kids, etc and weekly detailing) and trade-in cars every yr or 15K mis, whichever is sooner, will enjoy the look of extensive Exclusive options ....but not confident light-colored seatbelts and stitchwork will look particularly elegant/bespoke after a yr or so of less-than-OCD daily use.....

I know...tough decision. The salesman at the dealer is pretty knowledgeable and he told me that he has seen several cars with only the seats and belts in deviating color and he feels that it is better than having the doors, dash, etc. With GT Silver exterior and black leather seats (with seatback painted exterior color) we both felt the yellow would be a nice contrast inside, without being overdone. I am still concerned that it may look inconsistent.

You mean to tell me that you're able to order deviated stitching for your Turbo in the US? I was told that it wasn't available when I ordered my car last June. They must have made it available since then.

Here you go
    If you look in older posts you will find some more!

Yes, according to my dealer, you can order it now in the US. If you like send me a PM and I will send you the 2007 ordering guide that he sent to me in PDF format. When searching for the pics of the deviating stitching, I saw your past posts about your frustration with not being able to get it in the US. What is your opinion on just doing the seats in deviating stitching (yellow) and the seat belts? Is your car ordered?

Sorry, I read your post again....when do you expect to receive your car?

seat belts in yellow get dirty fast !
    I have red and I "think" yellow will show dirt even faster

Has anyone tried putting Scotchguard on them to protect them from dirt and allow for easy cleaning?

Just sent you a PM, but I think I may already have the same ordering guide that you have. It does have the deivated stitching options but the one I have lists all the newer 911 cars EXCEPT for the GT3, GT3 RS, Turbo and Targa.

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Would argue incomplete/inconsistent deviated stitching is the worst look, i.e., yell stitch on most leather pieces like seats/doors, but grey stitch on other pieces like shifter/handbrake.....

Have had two blk/blk 996TTS w/red stitching/belts and numerous leather options; was pleased ....but 997TT's interior architecture has a lot more stitchwork than 996TTS, so deviated stitching might be overkill.....

On mtce, have observed that those who are OCD re: their cars (no food/drink/pets/kids, etc and weekly detailing) and trade-in cars every yr or 15K mis, whichever is sooner, will enjoy the look of extensive Exclusive options ....but not confident light-colored seatbelts and stitchwork will look particularly elegant/bespoke after a yr or so of less-than-OCD daily use.....

Agree, either do the whole interior in dev. stitch or not at all. Having some parts done and not the others makes the interior look real fussy like which one is right? Plus it looks like someone F'd up and missed something. Agree too that it is risky business because have seen them not get orders right when it comes to this option leaving off one or more pieces that should get the dev. stitch but doesn't. However, when done correctly ie) w/ the correct choices of colors and options can be really incredible. However, the ONLY 3 colors I would pick is red stitch in a black int, yellow in a black interior or silver in a black interior. Of the 3 I like the red the least. Porsche's "black" interior isn't as black as Ferrari's so you get a weird look from the red stitch. .........I like the yellow stitch, providing it is done on a black or yellow car (don't like yellow Porsche's for my own car but looks cool w/ this combo especially in a GT3) The yellow stitch is fine as long as the car has PCCB's, otherwise a no no. And also think it looks better in a Ferrari that has a blacker interior and yellow Ferrari emblums/shields. For a Porsche my favorite is probably the silver stitch though in a black interior but especially w/ an Artic Silver car. Done right w/ silver bordered mats cabon fiber interior and aluminum pedals is saaaahhh weeeeet! But like I said risky.

ps: Yellow belts look kinda cool in a black PCCB car but for my tastes I think the safety belts shouldn't stand out they should be black and blend in as much as possible. It doesn't make sense to me to make a safety device w/ no workmanship stand out more than the rest of the interior. On a racing harness's color's look good but not on standard belts. Just one guys 2 cents.

Stradale, thanks for the insight. My car will be GT Silver ext and, as I mentioned, black leather interior. I have also selected the option to paint the seat backs in exterior color (GT Silver). Although the silver stitching would be a great contrast, I still think that having the whole stitching package may be touch much. I would not have considered the yellow belts if it were not for the PCCb's. Having said that, I also kind of agree with your assessment
    that a safety feature probably should not stand out. I have also added leather package switch panel, instrument surround in leather, and leather door finishers. With all of the black leather on the inside I was looking for some contrast. What is you opinion on adding only the silver seat belts without deviating stitching on the rest of the interior? This would still create some contrast inside and complement the other accents in silver in the interior, including the seat backs.

Quote:
    Apex Seeker said:
    Stradale, thanks for the insight. My car will be GT Silver ext and, as I mentioned, black leather interior. I have also selected the option to paint the seat backs in exterior color (GT Silver). Although the silver stitching would be a great contrast, I still think that having the whole stitching package may be touch much. I would not have considered the yellow belts if it were not for the PCCb's. Having said that, I also kind of agree with your assessment
    that a safety feature probably should not stand out. I have also added leather package switch panel, instrument surround in leather, and leather door finishers. With all of the black leather on the inside I was looking for some contrast. What is you opinion on adding only the silver seat belts without deviating stitching on the rest of the interior? This would still create some contrast inside and complement the other accents in silver in the interior, including the seat backs.

Instead of seat backs painted in exterior color I'd go with Aluminum look seat backs. But to be honest given your options I'd go with seat backs in leather. I'm seriously considering this option now. Have you seen them? Stitching running along the whole back of the seat looks awesome. If you didn't have the vents in leather selected I'd add the leather PCM consule. But I'd make the vents CF w/ the PCM leather, Gear lever and E brake CF w/ leather center consule. The real "contrast" comes from the dark interior and the GT-Silver. Getting rid of the Vulcano Grey interior pieces (seat backs & pcm consule) is the way I'm going to go. ..... I'm not a fan of using exterior paint to paint interior pieces. For my tastes this cheapens the interior, plastic looking in a way. The stitching in a black interior is kind of deviated anyway, it's a dark grey and I think Porsche did this really well. It goes especially well with an Artic or GT-silver or Meteor car w/ black interior. Without the stock dark grey stitching and with the amount of added leather in your car I wouldn't do the silver belts either. There's a reason why so many concept cars I see don't have seat belts visible. It's beacuse the just aint pretty, clutters up the interior, imho having them in a more standout color other than black also doesn't mesh well with the high end interior. But I know people here have them and others like them so it's just my opinion obviously. I mean you want to notice beauty of the interior not the seatbelts, not me anyway. The interior in all black leather would be deep, like a puddle of oil (hard to explain how I see it) The only thing I'd consider is to add carbon fiber especailly on the vents instead of leather and carbon fiber trim strip/gear & brake lever. This pure carbon fiber line across the dash (vents & trim strip) w/ the cf gear selecter and leather rear consule imho is the hottest interior...That's what I'm going to do anyway w/ some slight variations. Carbon Fiber & Leather. It may sound a little dark but it will look deep & rich. This way looks- VERY Serious........

Don't mean to sound even more confusing but if this isn't your tastes and you want to "complement the other accents in silver in the interior, order the vents in alum look w/ black leather vent slats and alum look PCM consule (if it's available yet) and alum look seat backs, leathet rear center consule, no alum on the doors or other pieces though

sorry if there's lots of mistakes, I'm really beat, don't have the energy to re read/correct & I'm loopy so it may not make sense & it was way too long to begin with. goodnight. Martha Porsche Stewart.

Agreed Stradale,

I'll give the Cliff's Notes version:

For the interior, if you go with black, add all the carbon fiber known to mankind. For any other color interior, make it ALL leather, seatbacks included.

And none of that wood or aluminum crap. Just my opinion.

Hey guys, thanks for all of the input. It would certainly be much easier if you could see all of the options in person. I decided to pass on the yellow idea except for the PCCB's!!

Quote:
    Apex Seeker said:
    Hey guys, thanks for all of the input. It would certainly be much easier if you could see all of the options in person. I decided to pass on the yellow idea except for the PCCB's!!

Good call. Better to miss some minor details that MAY have improved the interior, than to get an option, which ruins the interior.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763887 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436210 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260910 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257867 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82581 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876608 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808570 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM