Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Where is RC?????

RC, can you give us an update on your car and how its been with the tip Been reading a lot of mags having negative inputs on it . Have always enjoyed your views and its been quite a while since we heard from you . Do drop us a line and fill us in on what the Beast been doing over the last couple months. Cheers! :! Mine will be arriving next month and its a Tip thus I value your opinion on it

Re: Where is RC?????

RC is busy due to work..but i think will answer soon

Thanks Super Darius

We miss him....RC, where are you?

RC just got back from vacation and busy with business for the time being.

He'll show up soon .

RC, come back soon, absence is making our hearts grow fonder

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    RC just got back from vacation and busy with business for the time being.

He'll show up soon .

Makes you wonder what vacations are good for. After a month of hard work to catch up with business, which he couldn't do because of his holidays, the business owner says: "I need a vacation!"

Darius Lecchino !

Let me be the first to make this guess/prediction:
    RC is either currently bored with already or will be soon with the hype of the 997TT "networked" Tiptronic, so much so that he will be trading it in for a 997TT 6-speed or a 997 GT3 soon. RC might even be "dis-illusioned" enough with Porsche that he could switch brand loyalty completely. Just the thought that Porsche is currently developing their "next generation DSG/dual clutch" transmission in order to replace his ancient tiptronic in his 997TT must be eating him alive inside.

Don't flame me for this yet. Mark my words, time will tell.

F

August is the month off in Germany. Play time.

Quote:
    sergini said:
    Darius Lecchino !

Goat

Quote:
    Frank Tan said:
    Let me be the first to make this guess/prediction:
    RC is either currently bored with already or will be soon with the hype of the 997TT "networked" Tiptronic, so much so that he will be trading it in for a 997TT 6-speed or a 997 GT3 soon. RC might even be "dis-illusioned" enough with Porsche that he could switch brand loyalty completely. Just the thought that Porsche is currently developing their "next generation DSG/dual clutch" transmission in order to replace his ancient tiptronic in his 997TT must be eating him alive inside.

Don't flame me for this yet. Mark my words, time will tell.

F

Nah.

He's just busy researching all the 997TT mods. that tuners are developing, so he can be well-informed when decides to add another 80-100HP to his stock 997TT.

Quote:
    TurboBat said:
    RC, can you give us an update on your car and how its been with the tip Been reading a lot of mags having negative inputs on it . Have always enjoyed your views and its been quite a while since we heard from you . Do drop us a line and fill us in on what the Beast been doing over the last couple months. Cheers! :! Mine will be arriving next month and its a Tip thus I value your opinion on it

I'm still alive but I have sooooooooo much work, I don't even know how I can finish it.

As some of you may know, I have a real life job (not car related) and a wife and two little kids. My life has become very complicated, very stressful and since money IS an issue, unfortunately, I can't spend too much time over here right now. My business is running slow, the laws over here have been changed and I really have to "fight" for each and every customer. There is nothing I can really change about it since I rely mostly on state insurance payments over here but work has been killing me lately and the monetary gain from it is more than ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not close to bankruptcy or leading a poor man's life in the future but it has become very difficult for me to maintain my current life style, especially regarding the family. So I need to work more, to think of new stuff and I can't be around Rennteam.com too much, sorry.

Regarding the 997 Turbo, my review is almost completed, it just needs a little bit of "finetuning". I have now almost 4000 km on my 997 Turbo and I love this car. Is it perfect? Nope, the 997 Turbo has some flaws but nothing really important.
    Did I regret my Tiptronic decision? Not a single day.

Unfortunately I don't get to drive my Turbo too often, so when I come home at around 8 pm, I kiss my kids good-night and I jump into my Turbo for a half an hour drive. Very frustrating right now.

And as a last thing: I also have been a little bit disappointed after our "Rennteam Party" back in July, when somebody who took part in our comparison driving wrote something pretty ugly in my opinion. Maybe it wasn't his intention and maybe he didn't mean it the way he wrote it (his mother language not being English) but I took it to the heart and since that time, my passion for Rennteam has been put to a lower level. It will change over the next few weeks and months but right now I set new priorities, earning money and keeping my family happy.

Hope you guys understand. I'm still around but not posting much but the review will be available any time soon, hopefully this weekend.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    TurboBat said:

I'm still alive but I have sooooooooo much work, I don't even know how I can finish it.

As some of you may know, I have a real life job (not car related) and a wife and two little kids. My life has become very complicated, very stressful and since money IS an issue, unfortunately, I can't spend too much time over here right now. My business is running slow, the laws over here have been changed and I really have to "fight" for each and every customer. There is nothing I can really change about it since I rely mostly on state insurance payments over here but work has been killing me lately and the monetary gain from it is more than ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not close to bankruptcy or leading a poor man's life in the future but it has become very difficult for me to maintain my current life style, especially regarding the family. So I need to work more, to think of new stuff and I can't be around Rennteam.com too much, sorry.

Regarding the 997 Turbo, my review is almost completed, it just needs a little bit of "finetuning". I have now almost 4000 km on my 997 Turbo and I love this car. Is it perfect? Nope, the 997 Turbo has some flaws but nothing really important.

Unfortunately I don't get to drive my Turbo too often, so when I come home at around 8 pm, I kiss my kids good-night and I jump into my Turbo for a half an hour drive. Very frustrating right now.

And as a last thing: I also have been a little bit disappointed after our "Rennteam Party" back in July, when somebody who took part in our comparison driving wrote something pretty ugly in my opinion. Maybe it wasn't his intention and maybe he didn't mean it the way he wrote it (his mother language not being English) but I took it to the heart and since that time, my passion for Rennteam has been put to a lower level. It will change over the next few weeks and months but right now I set new priorities, earning money and keeping my family happy.

Hope you guys understand. I'm still around but not posting much but the review will be available any time soon, hopefully this weekend.

I hear you on the business part. It takes long hours to be competitive. I don't think you have anything to worry about, though. From what I've seen, your operation looks just fine .
    Regarding the comments, I do recall that exhange you had with one of the attendees. It is my opinion, that it was his limited knowledge of English, that prompted your reaction, not him actually meaning anything bad.

Take care!

POOR RC I understand you...now in Italy al lot of medicines are sold by supermarket .....and the bisness is down !
    But don't worry ,we find a solution !

I know a person who owns a chemical factory ,last hear was in yail and now he drives a 996 Gt3 cup ......so ...be happy !

darius is more poor than us ! ahaaagaggaag!!!! lol

Quote:
    sergini said:

I know a person who owns a chemical factory ,last hear was in yail and now he drives a 996 Gt3 cup ......so ...be happy !

no risk, no fun -- a business partner once told me about his video games publishing business: "one foot in jail, one foot over the cliff... but holding a glass of champagne!"

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    sergini said:

no risk, no fun -- a business partner once told me about his video games publishing business: "one foot in jail, one foot over the cliff... but holding a glass of champagne!"

His name wasn't DIETRICH by any chance, was it?

Thanks RC....Good to know that you're still around. I too agree with Crash with regards to that little incident but hope you will stay on with the rest of us as I for one certainly value your comments! Good luck with the Biz and hope you can turn it around very soon as it would be nice to see you back again! Good luck!

RC has gone to the Dark Side. He was seen by usually reliable sources driving a 510 HP supercharged BMW M3 CSL. According to these sources RC said he needed a RWD low-profile-monster car with a good gearbox and exciting exhaust sound. His wife is driving the TT Tip.

Quote:
    AUM said:
    RC has gone to the Dark Side. He was seen by usually reliable sources driving a 510 HP supercharged BMW M3 CSL. According to these sources RC said he needed a RWD low-profile-monster car with a good gearbox and exciting exhaust sound. His wife is driving the TT Tip.

AUM, that can be the only logical explanation!

Ha Ha

LOL!

Quote:
    RC said:

Hello RC,

as far as your business statement is concerned it sounds horrible and frightful.

Hopefully you and your family are at one's best.

One question arose in the german forum: There have been some rumours about the forum and your absence and the correlation you being the owner and single legal contact.

Do you need any support or help?

If so, please let us know.

Greets &

Sin

Quote:
    Singularity said:
    as far as your business statement is concerned it sounds horrible and frightful.

One question arose in the german forum: There have been some rumours about the forum and your absence and the correlation you being the owner and single legal contact.

Greets &

Sin

It isn't that bad, Germans love to cry at a "high level". I can still afford my Turbo lease. Unfortunately the outlook of the business I'm doing isn't too good and I would love to find a possibility to earn more money but chances are slim right now. The weather also sucks, adding to my frustration. Maybe I should start playing the lottery. Anyway...thanks for asking, I appreciate it.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Singularity said:

Greets &

Sin

It isn't that bad, Germans love to cry at a "high level". I can still afford my Turbo lease. Unfortunately the outlook of the business I'm doing isn't too good and I would love to find a possibility to earn more money but chances are slim right now. The weather also sucks, adding to my frustration. Maybe I should start playing the lottery. Anyway...thanks for asking, I appreciate it.

Glad to hear your problems aren't as bad as we thought. Hopefully you'll find a way to grow to a more comfortable level, one where you won't have to worry as much about business.

Quote:
    RC said:...and I would love to find a possibility to earn more money but chances are slim right now.

Start selling ad space on RENNTEAM. I'm sure most members wouldn't mind a banner here and there, as long it's not some annoying flying DHTML rich media interstitial...

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    RC said:...and I would love to find a possibility to earn more money but chances are slim right now.

Start selling ad space on RENNTEAM. I'm sure most members wouldn't mind a banner here and there, as long it's not some annoying flying DHTML rich media interstitial...

I sure wouldnt

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

I agree. The only thing I seem to remember is RC telling me that he can't use ads on this server, due to some kind of an agreement with the provider. He'd need to change servers in order to do that. And while you're at it RC, start selling those cool Rennteam hats, I pestered you about in May. I'm sure many of us would buy one and it could at least help with maintenance of the server. Add some cool shirts, key chains and the like, and you're rolling.

Quote:
    zzboba said:

As a relatively new member I would agree with this proposition 100%. In fact it is hard to believe there are none to this day. This is by far the best Sportscar site on the net. It should be possible to make good money from it without negatively affecting it .
    You could start by allowing these small Google adds , they are small , do not mess up the look of the board and each time somebody hits the link you get paid. I know somebody who makes a few thousand euro per month like this.
    This site is a potential money maker and even benefiting the members by being offered interesting products.

Best of luck RC, every day is a new day, and when one door closes another door will open.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763707 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436094 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260858 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82569 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

875657 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808456 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM