Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

TT Allocation

I am up next in the order list and the dealer called today and broke the bad news, they got the allocation for OCT and Nov build and they got every kind of car except TT. Porsche might be limited the # of cars to USA to keep up the value but that wouldn't make sense as they are money hungry. What the hell is going on? My dealer is a pretty big dealer and they had been getting 2-3 TT per allocation and all of a sudden NOTHING. RC, do you know what's going on?

Re: TT Allocation

Are you a good customer of the dealer? It appears you may be getting bumped. As you indicated, Porsche wants to sell as many cars as they can.

Same thing happened with one of my deposits and I am requesting a refund!

rhino,

Did you get your TT from another dealer? If so how long was the wait? I made a deposit April 7 and still don't have a confirmed build or delivery date.

Mike

two words, "shell Game". Ask yourself would it be possible for ethically challenged dealers to trade or sell there highly sought after cars to other dealerships they own. They could sell them to their other dealerships at cost and then have the other dealerships sell them way above MSRP. This way they would not be selling their alloted cars above MSRP. They are purchasing and trading for cars and selling them for way above MSRP. It is a bit like the stock market under Joe Kennedy. They are creating the market shortage and price increases. Just look online and see how many Ferrari dealers have turbo's for sale way above MSRP. Where did they get these cars? Is the Ferrari dealer owned also by the owner of one or many P-dealers? The owners of multiple P-dealers could just trade cars from one dealership to another. I don't know if this is allowed or not. I don't know if they are even doing it. But I know my Porsche dealer was selling their first turbo for about thirty thousand dollars of MSRP. They said they could because they purchased it from another dealer. Of course they own several P-dealership and many Ferrari dealerships all over the country. Keep your eye on the ball for the shells move quickly.

I thought Porsche was not going to allow those kind of shenanigans to occur with the 997TT.

Mike

Porsche just can not keep up with the demand...It is as simple as that. You might want to call another or several dealerships to see the waiting time. Good luck.

I MIGHT be selling my turbo. I absolutely love the car-and WILL get another, but I may have to attend to some other priorities at the moment. If anyone is interested, PM me, as I don't believe this is the venue for the sale. I thought I'd mention it here before advertising it elsewhere.

That's not good. I have build slot #2 and my dealer says he will only be getting ten per year. I have not even spec'd my car out yet, I'm told it will get here Dec/Jan. Sounds like I should hang on to the launch car until he puts the key in my hand. My dealer is part of PAG and they have many dealerships around the country. The salesman informed me that their other locations were getting offers of 20k over for the 997TT, and 40k over for the GT3.

Doesn't the same ownership own United Auto Group? How many dealerships do they own between them in this country? How many are selling 997TT over MSRP? Are these cars, cars that would otherwise be going to customers on their list? You tell me! I saw a 997TT for sale online at Ferrari Scottsdale for well over the MSRP, I would like to know if that car came from one of the other Penske/United Auto P-dealers. I don't know, you have to look into it yourself and make your own conclusion.

I paid deposit November 2005 at my dealer in Dubai and my RANK number was 11. 2 weeks ago i cheked with them, i became number 22!!! Dont ask me how. and my production date is 27/10/2006 delivery 1st December..... its not fair i guess

mawyatt I gave my deposit in 2005 it is in Melborne if you are interested I can hook you up with my spot(if they let me) last I checked it was going to be an October build.

I'll tell a short story about launch cars, allocations and dealerships. The two Porsche dealerships in Minnesota,owned by the same folks, were each allocated a singe launch vehicle for the 997TT. I, who had never owned a sports car let alone a Porsche, signed up in April 2004 for the new Turbo. They put me on the list. As people dropped of the list they told me and I moved up the list. By January 2006 , I was #1 and I spec'd out the launch vehicle Jan. 26th. Received car late June at MSRP. I am not a previous customer of Carousel nor am I in any way connected,or some celebrity,or a 4th round draft choice. My friend picked up his last week when the other dealership's 2nd Turbo appeared as advertised. Contrary to reports in other parts of the country if not the world, we in Minnesota are very well served by our Porsche dealerships IMO.

Quote:
    mawyatt said:
    I thought Porsche was not going to allow those kind of shenanigans to occur with the 997TT.

Mike

A year from now if not sooner there will be plenty of cars. Maybe by that time Porsche will have given it a decent exhaust and offer a sequential transmission.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    mawyatt I gave my deposit in 2005 it is in Melborne if you are interested I can hook you up with my spot(if they let me) last I checked it was going to be an October build.

Rhino....I have the October 9th build in Melbourne, you are the November build.....Because they are such a new dealership, they did not get an August or September TT slot.

I don't understand y the wait in USA is much longer than here. Maybe its the difference between LHD and RHD. But I heard UK is not getting enough cars either. In Hong Kong, I am sure over 12 TT arrived already. At least 8 is delivered.

Here if you order one now, you can probably get a oct/nov production date.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    mawyatt said:

Mike

A year from now if not sooner there will be plenty of cars. Maybe by that time Porsche will have given it a decent exhaust and offer a sequential transmission.

I hope you're right. At least the exhaust part. And maybe some more horsepower.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Are you a good customer of the dealer? It appears you may be getting bumped. As you indicated, Porsche wants to sell as many cars as they can.

Nick, I have bougth 2 new cars from them over last 2 yrs and this will be the 3rd. All orders are tracked on line and updated daily. I watch thier site every night. Sales guy is kind of a friend now. The manager sounded so upset and was shocked and I bought her story. She indicated that her general manager will be calling the main office and beg for one and I was promised to get it if they can get one. They are very honest dealer but then you never know. Selling cars is not the most honest business out there. Will see. If they screw around, I will not buy.

rhino,

Thanks. Looks like you and FSU-997S are over in Melbourne. My dealer is in Tampa. Did you place 2 deposits and one is the Oct build date?

Mike

I put down a deposit in June 06 and was given an August 06 production slot 3 weeks later. My order spec just closed and my car is due to be completed 9/27.

Now my salesman called me yesterday and told me he had been awarded 2 extra production slots for November. I put him in contact with one of my friends who had been in que at another dealership. Now he's going to be getting his TT for X-mas! Key is to find the right dealer.

FSU-997S
    Thanks again my friend, it's people like you on this forum that make Rennteam what it is

rhino,

Do you mean you would give me your build slot in Oct or Nov?

Mike

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    mawyatt said:

Mike

I strongly suspect Porsche is artificially creating this perceived shortfall in dealer allocations to generate greater demand. By next summer, 997TT's will be swarming the US highways.

mawyatt
    I am in Miami, and FSU997S hooked me up with the Porsche dealer in Melbourne. This dealership is new and has had a few less build slots than other P-dealers. I have a deposit at Champion Porsche and at Melbourne. The reason for me giving up my spot is that I picked up a C2Scab from Champion a couple of months ago and I am having to much fun. I am going to leave my deposit @ Champion and wait till the power kit comes out. if you want my slot let me know soon, so I can try to make the arrangements.

They probably have found someone who pays more.

Quote:
    mawyatt said:
    rhino,

Do you mean you would give me your build slot in Oct or Nov?

Mike

If FSU997S says Nov it most likely will be Nov. Regardless I am next on deck after he gets his built.

rhino,

Wow you just got a C2S cab....nice. And you will be getting a 997TT with the power kit. Well done sir!!

I have a call into my dealer to see about my delivery date..or lack therof!! With my April 7th deposit and no build date I think I'm entitled to an answer.

Mike

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    mawyatt said:

Mike

I strongly suspect Porsche is artificially creating this perceived shortfall in dealer allocations to generate greater demand. By next summer, 997TT's will be swarming the US highways.

Suspect that 997TT demand among more sophisticated buyers will plummet in Spr07, as prospective buyers will want to know when PDK will be released: ?Fall07....and will want to know what performance/driving feel advantages PDK will offer vs archaic manual/Tip trannies.....

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for P's buyer base to convert to ?90% PDK vs ?10% archaic manual, ala the F US F1 vs archaic manual tranny mix.....

I don't believe that the "archaic" 6 six speed will take as much of a hit as you suggest. Faster is not always more fun.
    Albiet, SMG is not as good as PDK (coming), but why do you think that BMW has added a manual gear box option to the M5. The third generation of SMG is certainly very good.
    Tip trannies will suffer, but manual, I think not.

rhino,

My dealer called and I will most likely not see my TT this year. I'm down to #9 on the list. Having placed a deposit April 7 this seems unreasonable, am I off base? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764278 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436460 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261020 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257947 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82627 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876831 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808869 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM