Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Hungarian Grand Prix

Another F1 race on a consecutive weekend. With Renault opting not to use their mass damper system following correspondence with Charlie Whiting (Race Director) even though the FIA has said that they would not penalise teams with retrospective points reductions if their appeal against the stewards at the German grand prix for ruling that the system is legal is upheld.

Anyhow, it seems no one apart from Kimi will be able to come near the Ferraris. It must be annoying for Michael to have first place in the race at risk from Kimi. I'm sure he would much prefer Kimi just to make up one of the places between 3rd and wherever Alonso finishes with a couple of Hondas in between too.

All in all, it seems like the huge gap between Renault and Ferrari which few thought could be recouped is in fact probably going to be made up very easily by the Ferraris.

Good - I was really starting to hate Alonso's arrogance in interviews and his repeated fist-waving on the track (not that Schumi is any less arrogant).

Anyway, any thoughts gentlemen?

Re: Hungarian Grand Prix

The question is will Schumi become World Champion again?
    Since poor performance from Renault lately it seems like a possible mission...

Alonso receives qualifying penalties

Hungarian Grand Prix stewards have penalised world champion Fernando Alonso for an incident involving Red Bull's Robert Doornbos during Friday practice at the Hungaroring.

Alonso gesticulated at Doornbos, whom he felt had held him up, and then appeared to deliberately weave and slow his Renault in front of the Dutchman's car during the afternoon's session.

Stewards Tony Scott Andrews, Antonio Vasconcelos Tavares and Lajos Herczeg decided that Alonso's actions were "unnecessary, unacceptable and dangerous", and awarded him a one second time penalty to be applied to his fastest lap time in each of the qualifying sessions, Q1, Q2 and Q3.

Additionally, Alonso received a similar penalty for overtaking another car after the session had finished, under waved yellow flags.

He will thus get an aggregated cumulative penalty of two seconds in Q1, Q2 and Q3, effectively damning his chances on a circuit on which overtaking is virtually impossible.

Re: Alonso receives qualifying penalties

Interesting, on the only track were he stands a chance with his Renault and has looked very promising...two full seconds as a penalty, wonder if Schumi would of gotten the same treatment.

Expect Alonso to do the qualifying with tons of fuel for one less pit stop strategy.

Meanwhile, Renault is not able to use their new front suspension system in the Hungarian GP, becuase the FIA can't make up their mind if its ilegal or not yet. Other teams would do it anyway while keeping secrecy on it knowing they will just get a slap in the hand if discovered and deemed non compliant with the rules.

Hope at least Kimi can give some exitement, go Kimi.

Meanwhile I'll probably be watching were the real men race instead this weekend: the MotoGP races, were there is fighting and maneuvers with a pair of cojones, risk taking, constant batteling on the track not on the pits, were drivers win the races not the vehicles or the tires, etc. F1 drivers have become a bunch of sissies on semiautomated vehicles driving in a single line parade playing musical chairs at the pit boxes for a win...

It seems like Alonso is feeling some pressure. He keeps messing up. That would suck if Renault cant use the mass dampers this weekend.

It is really worrisome how the FIA is going about this. The suspension system has been in place more than a year. Sounds like they want Ferrari to win the title.

Schumacher has now overtaken TWO cars during a RED flag no less (one of the being Alonso), so seems like the unusually excessive 2 second penalty placed on Alonso has blown back on Ferrari's face, because now Schummi is going to get at LEAST 2 sencond penalty himself for his action, since they set a standard with Alonso's penalty.

This is a good opportunity for the MclArens, go La Rosa and Kimi.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Interesting, on the only track were he stands a chance with his Renault and has looked very promising...two full seconds as a penalty, wonder if Schumi would of gotten the same treatment.

Expect Alonso to do the qualifying with tons of fuel for one less pit stop strategy.

Meanwhile, Renault is not able to use their new front suspension system in the Hungarian GP, becuase the FIA can't make up their mind if its ilegal or not yet. Other teams would do it anyway while keeping secrecy on it knowing they will just get a slap in the hand if discovered and deemed non compliant with the rules.

Hope at least Kimi can give some exitement, go Kimi.

Meanwhile I'll probably be watching were the real men race instead this weekend: the MotoGP races, were there is fighting and maneuvers with a pair of cojones, risk taking, constant batteling on the track not on the pits, were drivers win the races not the vehicles or the tires, etc. F1 drivers have become a bunch of sissies on semiautomated vehicles driving in a single line parade playing musical chairs at the pit boxes for a win...

Carlos, your last paragraph was a bit like a Dr.Phil episode!

Carlos you are right about MotoGP. True racing at its finest. It amazes me that their racing is so good and F1 so bad.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Schumacher has now overtaken TWO cars during a RED flag no less (one of the being Alonso), so seems like the unusually excessive 2 second penalty placed on Alonso has blown back on Ferrari's face, because now Schummi is going to get at LEAST 2 sencond penalty himself for his action, since they set a standard with Alonso's penalty.

This is a good opportunity for the MclArens, go La Rosa and Kimi.

Actually,Schumacher overtook 3 cars under red flags.(source:speed.tv)

It seems that overtaking under a red is alot more severe than under yellow, but again the FIA loves Schumi.

Haha nice drive Alonso!!

ALonso is out!

Cant remember the last time I laughed so much...you know, in that kinda evil, up-to-no-good kinda way?
    Sadly Schumi drive his car to bits, so Homoboy got off with a scare. Too bad.
    But entertaining race, tho!
    Guess the easiest way to get excitement into F1 is simply by adding water

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Cant remember the last time I laughed so much...you know, in that kinda evil, up-to-no-good kinda way?

That's exactly how I laughed when Kimi ran into Liuzzi! Are you still in love with him Dr Phil? Pretty interesting race as F1 goes these days.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Sadly Schumi drive his car to bits, so Homoboy got off with a scare. Too bad.

No.Sadly,the Renault team made a mistake and Schumi got off with a scare.Schumacher is lucky as hell.

Schum still got one point for Kubicka's car being 2kg too light! Still, stupid strategy from them...

Maybe its fixed. Renault's team manager claims that there is a 'race-fixing scandal' this year.

http://gtpark.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7301039561/m/4941034102

Good drive by Button though . Shows what a bit of confidence can do..

throt..

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Guess the easiest way to get excitement into F1 is simply by adding water

Whenever it rains, F1 races turn into the spectacle they should be. Rain is the equalizer that allows for strategy and driver talent to come into play, immediately.

Congrats to Button for getting his 1st. I just saw the TopGear episode from a few weeks ago where Button talked about how he'd give anything for victory. How bout a few million quid butts?

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Maybe its fixed. Renault's team manager claims that there is a 'race-fixing scandal' this year.

LOL! Flamboyo Penetratore should perhaps focus more on "wheel-fixing" than "race-fixing".
    He's got a mediocre driver who due to superior hardware alone is a championship contender. He should be very pleased.
    Now that his hardware fails and his driver makes expensive mistakes he starts bitching? LOL!
    Perhaps if he grabbed a can of lubricant and took a "personal meeting" with Homonando Dwarfonso things would go smoother for both of them?
    What a putz.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

That's exactly how I laughed when Kimi ran into Liuzzi! Are you still in love with him Dr Phil? Pretty interesting race as F1 goes these days.

McLaren sucks big time. And as we can see (check Massa and Allahomso) the hardware makes all the difference in the world.
    Kimi simply hasnt got the right package to have a chance this season. The accident today: It looked as if Liuzzi should have focused less on getting his brow pierced like a girlieman and more on taking driving lessons - his move was not that bright. Having said that, Kimi should definately have stayed clear of him. Stupid move.
    Kimi will prevail in the end....and Feminhomso will end up back at the hairdresser salon where he started. That's just the way it is

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

LOL! Flamboyo Penetratore should perhaps focus more on "wheel-fixing" than "race-fixing".
    He's got a mediocre driver who due to superior hardware alone is a championship contender. He should be very pleased.
    Now that his hardware fails and his driver makes expensive mistakes he starts bitching? LOL!
    Perhaps if he grabbed a can of lubricant and took a "personal meeting" with Homonando Dwarfonso things would go smoother for both of them?
    What a putz.

You are late to the races. That complaint was made before the race.

If anything Todays race proved 2 things.

1. That Kimi is just a designated loser and should stick to selling post cards of reindeers to tourists or go back to asking truckers for love and affection. He is a certified crash artist who can only drive fast when alone.

2. Honda and Ferrari can lick enough FIA booty to come up with brown stripes on their noses to force a change in Renaults suspension.

The only real racing was done by Alonso today. When Renault catches that Honda guy who infiltrated their pit crew there will be a hanging.

Button wins a race. Christmas came early for him so I hope he enjoys his gift.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

1. That Kimi is just a designated loser and should stick to selling post cards of reindeers to tourists or go back to asking truckers for love and affection. He is a certified crash artist who can only drive fast when alone.

2. Honda and Ferrari can lick enough FIA booty to come up with brown stripes on their noses to force a change in Renaults suspension.

The only real racing was done by Alonso today. When Renault catches that Honda guy who infiltrated their pit crew there will be a hanging.

ROTFLOL! too funny contents a side, I always liked your writing style as well

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

What a putz.

Have to disagree with everything you just made up there Jim...

Kimi is far and away one of the fastest guys out there and when the car has been reliable he has been able to dominate.
    Last season. McLaren lost the championship because of reliability and nothing else. They had better drivers and a much faster car than Renault. Renault were consistant but very boring!

The only real racing was by Alonso and Button was lucky??? What have you been smoking my good man???? There was a lot of good racing throughout the field and as far as I remember Button started 14th on the grid and for the most part was the fastest guy on the track. He deserved that win and I hope he goes on to win many more.

Like many others I was glad to see Alonso retire, I find him very arragont and extremly boring!!!! He only entertains when he's throwing a strop, the big girl!!!!!!

Quote:
    RichJ said:
    The only real racing was by Alonso and Button was lucky??? What have you been smoking my good man???? There was a lot of good racing throughout the field and as far as I remember Button started 14th on the grid and for the most part was the fastest guy on the track. He deserved that win and I hope he goes on to win many more.

Ejem... Alonso started "behind" Button and flew past him and overtook everbody else and was already 30 seconds ahead up until Kimi decided to RAM his car into another driver's causing the safety car to come out nullifying all his advantage. Then he looses because of a mechanical fault while being in front.

Button is a joke, he is not winner's material, he needs to give up his seat and take a test driver's seat were he belongs, 113 races in competitive F1 cars and he takes his first win now? pffff... and a handed-down lotery race win at that, in the wet with Alonso, Kimi, and Schumi being out of the race Also Button has made some of the most embarrasing rookie mistakes during the races in the last two championships and cracks like a tweed under pressure. His pre-F1 curriculum is also not worthy of a seat in one of the leading teams, yet he was placed by "finguer" as we say, he if he would of started in one of the less competitive teams like all drivers do, he is one of those drivers that would of never made it to a top team.

You may not like Alonso but don't loose your objectivety, give credit were its deserved

Quote:
    RichJ said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

What a putz.

Have to disagree with everything you just made up there Jim...

Kimi is far and away one of the fastest guys out there and when the car has been reliable he has been able to dominate.
    Last season. McLaren lost the championship because of reliability and nothing else. They had better drivers and a much faster car than Renault. Renault were consistant but very boring!

Like many others I was glad to see Alonso retire, I find him very arragont and extremly boring!!!! He only entertains when he's throwing a strop, the big girl!!!!!!

Precisely , Rich..

At last , YES , but a well deserved win for Button..He looked complete for once and now he needs to build on it..

throt..

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Then he looses because of a mechanical fault while being in front.

I thought Button was reeling Alonso in before the mechanical fault ,, I'm sure he was...

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Then he looses because of a mechanical fault while being in front.

I thought Button was reeling Alonso in before the mechanical fault ,, I'm sure he was...

throt..

Yes but Alonso was on worn out intermediates at that time that he just replaced for a new set of slicks (the track was dry at that point and everybody made an extra stop to put slicks on) taking advantage of his scheduled pit stop, right after he came out his suspension rear rt broke before he even completed a full lap.

I have ot say the racing was great- its too bad aero has messed up the sport so much. To see the guys dicing and actually fighting to win is something that hasn't occurred in a long time.

I give Button credit for beating Scott Speed all season. Bravo Lord Button. Job well done!

As for Alonso, even though sources now reveal that he is actually Dutch, has Gold Lame shoes in his closet and lives in a thatched hut in Oxford - he is still the fastest driver
    consistently this year and last year.

No matter how many FIA lackeys or sabotuers in Honda disguises that Schuy sicks on him, Alonso still beats Schuy even when Alonso DNFs and even in the rain.

As for Kimi's dreaming of a podium love fest and his eyeing Schuys table dancing, Coulda been, shoulda been, woulda been is not a good theme song. Cha Cha Crashinki is his real song.

Schuy can stomp his feet and chant "closer" all he wants. If he needs more help he can always run into the celebrity brown nose FIA tent for a quick brown striper.

Just declare Alonso the winner on talent or give Team Honderrari the cup and end this F1 kabuki before the audiences runaway forever.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690423 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409712 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235237 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774634 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM