Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Selliing the CS, buying a (gulp) Z4 M Coupe

The Z4 M comes from one of the ugliest bloodlines of all time!!

The way I see it;

If you already have the M5 and you are selling your 360 CS.

Stick to a Club Sport, in which case the only option is a 2nd hand GT3 CS. It will cost you next to nothing to run and it will sit side by side the 360 on a track. Not to mention the price won't drop as much as the Z4.

Do you remeber what happened to this ugly duckling??

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote "What does lightness have to do with tracking?

Absolutely EVERYTHING. Carrying momentum around a track is more a function of the car's weight than HP. HP will make up for the handicap on strait aways to a certain degree, but for example, I can see a Lotus Elise being faster around a medium sized road course than an M6.

Again so what! You think you are ayrton or michael and want to be the fastest on the track for that session or do you want to handle your car as best as it can be handled regardless of who you may or may not beat?

Tracking your car is to be able to do what you can't on a public road. use IT to IT'S extremes. That can be done with any vehicle but better with a competent sports car. What you just said makes no sense from an enjoyment point of view. Your view only makes sense from a competitive organised formula racing series when the goal is lowest lap time (against others)and not fun. High G's can be obtained from lots of cars.

Again get a Kart.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    95jersey said:

Absolutely EVERYTHING. Carrying momentum around a track is more a function of the car's weight than HP. HP will make up for the handicap on strait aways to a certain degree, but for example, I can see a Lotus Elise being faster around a medium sized road course than an M6.

Again so what! You think you are ayrton or michael and want to be the fastest on the track for that session or do you want to handle your car as best as it can be handled regardless of who you may or may not beat?

Tracking your car is to be able to do what you can't on a public road. use IT to IT'S extremes. That can be done with any vehicle but better with a competent sports car. What you just said makes no sense from an enjoyment point of view. Your view only makes sense from a competitive organised formula racing series when the goal is lowest lap time (against others)and not fun. High G's can be obtained from lots of cars.

Again get a Kart.

It all comes down to what you are looking for and at what price point. Just because one is looking to get around a track as quickly as possible, doesn't mean he should simply buy a kart. My underlying point is that you don't NEED to buy an M6 to get the speed you are looking for and have a decent daily driver, IF that is your goal. It all comes down to budget and preference. If your looking at a $65k car, you know what my vote will be hands down. I just don't think one needs to compromise with the availability of cars on the market today.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    95jersey said:

Again get a Kart.

Try doing a longer session on a track and then check your wheels and brakes. I'm pretty sure that the M6 will be way outlasted by the chick-car M coupe.

Also, jersey is a frequent visitor to the track and knows what he's talking about.

Quote:
    Crash said:

Try doing a longer session on a track and then check your wheels and brakes. I'm pretty sure that the M6 will be way outlasted by the chick-car M coupe.

I already said that a couple pages ago, crash, when i brought up the M6.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Everything is relative, just budget for tires and pads.

I know what I am talking about to. This is all about goodwoods situation and a theoretical discusion about him saving money and still tracking and having a car as nice as his M5 for daily driving. The M6 could do that. Anyone asking this could afford some rubber and brake bits.

My only point is why track an ugly IMO and cheaply built car vs. one of the best cars on the road. Jersey was saying to go light, and again I say what is the point. The same thrills can be had in either car. On some tracks one wins on others the other. But since he is not racing for real what does time matter as long as you improve your driving skills over time?

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I already said that a couple pages ago, crash, when i brought up the M6.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Everything is relative, just budget for tires and pads.

I know what I am talking about to. This is all about goodwoods situation and a theoretical discusion about him saving money and still tracking and having a car as nice as his M5 for daily driving. The M6 could do that. Anyone asking this could afford some rubber and brake bits.

My only point is why track an ugly IMO and cheaply built car vs. one of the best cars on the road. Jersey was saying to go light, and again I say what is the point. The same thrills can be had in either car. On some tracks one wins on others the other.
    But since he is not racing for real what does time matter as long as you improve your driving skills over time?

I'd prefer a lighter car either way. A member here, AUM, has an X50 996TT he tracks all over Germany and he is the first one to admit that his car goes through tires and brake pads like nothing you've ever seen. I haven't stated that you don't know what you're talking about, but in a long-duration track session, one will soon realize the limits that weight puts on the car's abilities - even in the 997TT. Again, I'd take the chick car over the M6, simply for better endurance.

Thats cool, if it were me with that choice I would go with the M6. It is on the london city speed video in a thread in the 997TT board.

If you sell the cs, you will regret it regardless of what you are getting to "replace/substitute" it. I have owned many bmws and porsche, nothing comes even remotely close to the 360cs.

Quote:
    Frank Tan said:
    If you sell the cs, you will regret it regardless of what you are getting to "replace/substitute" it. I have owned many bmws and porsche, nothing comes even remotely close to the 360cs.

Mr. Goodwood might regret it, but I bet he won't regret lazing around in and enjoying his winter home in FL with the $$ left over. His point is that he wanted to get the best bang for his buck, and for that price category the only other cars in similar class would be Cayman S, Lotus Exige perhaps. Test drive the Z4M and let us know what you think Mr. Goodwood.

Quote:
    Frank Tan said:

I have driven a CS and yet I prefer my 928. The only area that was a great leap was the braking. Phenomenal stopping power in the CS. Paddle shifters are fun too.

Quote:
    racerx said:

I have driven a CS and yet I prefer my 928.

To each his own. At least you can take some comfort in the fact you are one in a million!

Gary

Thanks Gary!

I like tourque and believe it or not my euro 928 sounds better than the stradale with the very unique custom exhaust that I have. 6000 rpm's on a high compression 4.7l V8 with very little interference can sound mighty nice.

Just noticed, we have something in common, my 928 is titanium/bordeaux.

the z4M is a dpreciation disaster... take the z06

It's not red

Love the Ferrari. In that color I might even be able to get away with driving it. Want to sell it to me?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761280 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434701 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260155 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257301 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80830 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5314 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871569 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806834 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM