Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Noble M15

From TopGear last night:

"First there was the M10, then the M2, and now Noble has unleashed its latest beauty, the M15. With 450bhp, a 0-60mph time of 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 196mph, the M15 is certainly no slouch, and it leaves Hammond grinning from ear to ear after he takes it on the track."

I believe the relevant lap times of the TopGear track are:

• Porsche 911 (996) GT3RS - 1:22.3
    • Ferrari 360 CS - 1:22.3
    • Corvette Z06 - 1:22.4
    • Noble M15 - 1:22.5
    • Ferrari F430 - 1:22.9

So all this talk about the 997 Turbo vs F430 vs Z06, we now have a new contender, and at Pounds75k it's about the price of a Carrera S X51.

Bit more info: http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=13647

Re: Noble M15

it is like a house-phone...

Yeah but theres no denying those numbers...

For 75.000 GBP, the car is a bargain! Lightweight, fun and almost tops 200 mph!

Its a noble,it will handle better than any ferrari or Porsche as well.Don't know if its feasible to drive every day though.

Maybe it's just me, but it does look kinda good in that pic aswell...although its a mixture of different sports cars

Quote:
    BC911J said:
    Maybe it's just me, but it does look kinda good in that pic aswell...although its a mixture of different sports cars

That car would be good for someone who doesn't need an ultra comfortabler car. Lighter than a GT3 and faster than the Turbo. Not bad, if you ask me.

I can not imagine that this car would be even considered instead of a 911. It is a nice niche car but that is it.
    No 'contender' for P or F in my book.
    Did you see that dash ? Is that the finished product ?
    Looks very kit car to me.

Quote:
    993S said:
    I can not imagine that this car would be even considered instead of a 911. It is a nice niche car but that is it.

Like I said, if you don't need comfort and your finances aren't good enough for the 997TT, this is a good car. Obviously not a daily driver, but good value for money, nonetheless.

Quote:
    BC911J said:

I thought it looked great on TopGear last night. The front looks very Ferrari-like, it's just the rear view that I'm not convinced about. But I was really surprised at how good it looked generally though.

For those of you that missed the episode: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/8/8/ >> In order to download the content of the torrent file, you need a BitTorrent client like uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/download.php).

I would personally consider this as a fun car for weekends as I'm fairly sure it would be one of the best drives in the world given previous models. Apparently this new Noble is supposed to be more 'every-day' than previous models so you get things now like Sat-Nav, Air-Con, etc.

Doubt in reality it would get anywhere near Porsche quality in terms of every-day-usage... but hey what does?!

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    BC911J said:

I thought it looked great on TopGear last night. The front looks very Ferrari-like, it's just the rear view that I'm not convinced about. But I was really surprised at how good it looked generally though.

For those of you that missed the episode: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/8/8/ >> In order to download the content of the torrent file, you need a BitTorrent client like uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/download.php).

I would personally consider this as a fun car for weekends as I'm fairly sure it would be one of the best drives in the world given previous models. Apparently this new Noble is supposed to be more 'every-day' than previous models so you get things now like Sat-Nav, Air-Con, etc.

Doubt in reality it would get anywhere near Porsche quality in terms of every-day-usage... but hey what does?!

Hey, it has enough luggage space in the rear to store a moderately-sized suitcase! Also has room in the front for you to stash some extra bits and pieces.

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:I believe the relevant lap times of the TopGear track are:

• Porsche 911 (996) GT3RS - 1:22.3
    • Ferrari 360 CS - 1:22.3
    • Corvette Z06 - 1:22.4
    • Noble M15 - 1:22.5
    • Ferrari F430 - 1:22.9

Any idea how fast the Noble M400 was?

Eh.. for that money I could buy a new Z06 which if looking at numbers is faster and cheaper and more usable as both a street and track car. Plus I have cash left over to say improve the Z06 in away if possible.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    993S said:

Like I said, if you don't need comfort and your finances aren't good enough for the 997TT, this is a good car. Obviously not a daily driver, but good value for money, nonetheless.

If this is good value than a base Carrera is a steal and I would take that every time over this car. Even if it was not a daily driver. I can imagine some people warm up to it because they really want something else than a 911 or any other established sports car but it's hard to justify spending this kind of money to become a test driver for Noble.

Quote:
    Grant said:

The old M12 (M400) was 1:25.0 I believe. Don't know under what weather conditions though, the track may have been wet?! Makes me wonder given the reported 0-60mph of the M400 is 3.5secs.

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:

The old M12 (M400) was 1:25.0 I believe. Don't know under what weather conditions though, the track may have been wet?! Makes me wonder given the reported 0-60mph of the M400 is 3.5secs.

Thanks!

I like it, to be honest!

Quote:
    993S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    993S said:

If this is good value than a base Carrera is a steal and I would take that every time over this car. Even if it was not a daily driver. I can imagine some people warm up to it because they really want something else than a 911 or any other established sports car but it's hard to justify spending this kind of money to become a test driver for Noble.

I would take it over a base Carrera. If you ask me, the car IS a steal, but of course you have to want the type of car this is. The Corvette Z06 is also a steal, but many people dislike it because it doesn't fit them. Be open in your perceptions and don't look at it from the usability point-of-view. I'd rather have the 997TT than this, but when looking for a lightweight, raw sports car, THIS is it.

I like how many of you guys dismiss this as not a daily driver even though none of us has actually diven the car yet. Much like the Z06 can't possibly be a daily driver ehh. I always try and base my opinions on things I have done rather than things I haven't done.

That is of course with the exception of a few things. I'm pretty sure I dont' like gay sex.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    I like how many of you guys dismiss this as not a daily driver even though none of us has actually diven the car yet. Much like the Z06 can't possibly be a daily driver ehh. I always try and base my opinions on things I have done rather than things I haven't done.

That is of course with the exception of a few things. I'm pretty sure I dont' like gay sex.

The Z06 can't be a good daily driver, because we say so ! However, gay sex can be a good thing, if you're gay . Just let it go, some people are like RonnieC6Z, only biased in the other direction.

Very nice but not a daily drive. Any US dealers?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:

The Z06 can't be a good daily driver, because we say so ! However, gay sex can be a good thing, if you're gay . Just let it go, some people are like RonnieC6Z, only biased in the other direction.

I think you just said that gay sex with RonnieC6Z would be a good thing. Damn Crash, just when I thought I knew you.

Oh how the topic strays. Oh yeah, back to the Noble. So what does RonnieC6Z think about it?

Quote:
    forhamilton said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    355Spider said:

I think you just said that gay sex with RonnieC6Z would be a good thing. Damn Crash, just when I thought I knew you.

Oh how the topic strays. Oh yeah, back to the Noble. So what does RonnieC6Z think about it?

One night and you think you know me? Wow, you move fast!
    But seriously, I think Ronnie would like it, since it isn't a Porsche. It's not a Corvette, but it's good enough, I guess . Personally, I think such performance for this amount of money is hard to find, when looking at the Noble.

I agree on the Noble. I sure would like to see one in person at the track.

Actually, I still have yet to see a 997tt in person. Corpus Christi isn't quite the exotic car haven.

Quote:
    forhamilton said:

Actually, I still have yet to see a 997tt in person. Corpus Christi isn't quite the exotic car haven.

'
    Yes. I'd expect most of the USAF/USN flyboys there to drive domestics and high-powered japanese imports, in place of the expensive Porsches.

the noble may be fast but its built in the uk and wont have that strong german quality feel to it!

your porsche is fast and you also feel safe in it, how would you feel in a noble?

and when there quoting that much for them, i'd for sure have a porsche any day, its ok having a noble if its as fast as a porsche but doesnt cost as much as one, obviously noble are starting to charge porsche prices?

and with living in the uk i know uk engineering isnt very good. look at rover they were british and look where it got them!

you simpley cant beat porsche for engineering!

noble dont even build their own engines as their ford engines with turbos on them!

porsche design and build their own engines and i gurantee you cant thrash a ford engine like you would a porsche because it wont take the strain!

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    forhamilton said:

'
    Yes. I'd expect most of the USAF/USN flyboys there to drive domestics and high-powered japanese imports, in place of the expensive Porsches.

Actually have a few friends with some nice exotics. Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porsches, Bentleys, etc (actually one friend with all of the above). Just not a whole bunch of them. Only a Porsche dealer here and the service sucks. If you got the money for anything else, typically you send it north to San Antonio for service.

Don't know many fly boys, but the few I've seen drive M3's, Boxsters, C6's, etc.

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    Eh.. for that money I could buy a new Z06 which if looking at numbers is faster and cheaper and more usable as both a street and track car. Plus I have cash left over to say improve the Z06 in away if possible.

How much is a Z06 in the UK, should'nt be too much between them

I think the car looks fairly well, and in some way better when moving than when standing still..

Quote:
    993S said:

As a perfomance machine I think this car is a competitor to Porsche's and Ferrari's. I'll never got one but the perfomance your getting for the price is an absolute bargain. As a everyday car, hell no , but as a weekend trackday toy if you dont want to spend all that $$$ on a 'exotic'....

If someone does have enough dough and chooses this over a F430/Turbo/GT3/GT3RS then he's just crazy

As much as I like this car, and love it's performance to price ratio, I would be skeptical of buying this car for several reasons:

1) Resale value
    2) Durability
    3) Difficulty in registration (at least in US)
    4) Dealer support (at least in US)
    5) Warranty
    6) Safety

I think everyone knows I am a "little" biased toward the Z06, but I try very hard to have an open mind. First this car (in US) is $96k vs. the $68k MSRP for a Z06. That is a significant price difference. That is $28k in my pocket to improve the Z06, which by track results isn't necessary.

First (in the US) this car has to be imported without the driveline, but is added later by a SEPERATE distributor?!?! One then has to go through a lengthy process to get a VIN number for the car. The reason for all of this? Primarily because the Noble doesn't go through the proper crash testing.

I think everyone is smart in being skeptical about kit cars. They don't need to pass any goverment crash testing or EPA regulations. Does this car even have airbags? What kind of mileage does it get? Was it designed with impact crumple zones, and does it have basic saftey feature you would expect on a Honda Civic? At least in buying a Z06 you are buying a real car with a large dealer network. Theoretically I can go to any Chevy dealer and get service/support/parts.

I am not trashing the car, just playing devil's advocate. I would love to have one with a roll cage, but I would only be willing to pay $45k. If I had $96k and were looking to buy a street/track car, and weren't considering a Z06, I would rather throw in a few thousand and go GT3, be SAFE, reliable, and done with it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754413 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431256 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258788 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255729 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79743 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868722 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802532 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM