Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

ugliest colors ever for a cayman..

are those standard colors? my eyes hurts..

Re: ugliest colors ever for a cayman..

another

These should be the same colors they use for the 997 GT 3 RS....

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/113840

Blueflame

YAWK! Why is the Cayman target for this "pimp-erization"?
    Not the first case !?
    Wheels are nice tough :-)

Quote:
    blueflame said:
    These should be the same colors they use for the 997 GT 3 RS....

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/113840

Blueflame

But these are not RS by any mean...

the orange looked fantastic on the GT3 RS...

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    are those standard colors? my eyes hurts..

Ugly today, but nice in 20 years time. Look at the old 911 in green...

Maybe I'm showing my trailer park, but I love these colors. If the orange had been offered at a less than "paint-to-color" price, I would have done it is a heartbeat. Maybe I'm just bored with the standard Porsche color palette.

trailer trash, count me in. i really like the green on the rs. i'm disapointed it isn't exclusive to the rs. on the cayman..nah

Talk about "Look at me" colours

Suddenly I'm in the mood for some candy. Skittles, anyone?

Those are shown in a Porsche showroom with a price tag on it and if it is displayed by an official dealer, I'd imagine these would become special option colour like the cobalt blue. Different strokes different folks I don't prefer them as I am just a boring conservative guy who thinks that the Cayman and Boxster look best in Silver just like back in the days when 550 spyder and coupe were rolled out. I just like to own a piece of the heritage but I can see that it will be the colour of choice for many (orange and green).

Viper Green and Signal Orange?

These look like classic 911 colors from the late 60's - 70's.

I personally like them, especially the Signal Orange. Viper Green might be too rich for my taste but I credit someone for having the b*lls to go for it and break free from the current pack of boring colors. It's a bit sad that white seems to be "exciting" color these days.

When I order my next p-car, it's definitely going to be color to sample for me.

Re: Viper Green and Signal Orange?

Quote:
    AJBoston said:
    These look like classic 911 colors from the late 60's - 70's.

I personally like them, especially the Signal Orange. Viper Green might be too rich for my taste but I credit someone for having the b*lls to go for it and break free from the current pack of boring colors. It's a bit sad that white seems to be "exciting" color these days.

When I order my next p-car, it's definitely going to be color to sample for me.

I totally agree with you Lets put some colors on the streets!! But I do not have the ba...s to go for such a color with my daily driver...

Makes the cars look even more sporty... I'll never get it but its not toooooooooo bad.

Are these the Porsche 'Safety Colours' from the 70's? There was a nice red colour called Blood Orange that would be good to see on a modern Porsche.

I think these colours look better on RS because they are not as shiny, they look better when the colour is more "flat" IMHO.

The only cars I've seen that green and orange look good on are lamborghinis. Looks strange on any other car.

David

The only cars I've seen that green and orange look good on are lamborghinis. Looks strange on any other car.

David

I dig them both. But I also have an orange 1970 Shelby GT500 that is close to the same color.

Quote:
    ptcja said:
    Different strokes different folks I don't prefer them as I am just a boring conservative guy who thinks that the Cayman and Boxster look best in Silver just like back in the days when 550 spyder and coupe were rolled out.

I think they look great in silver. But silver is like everywhere dude. I had an artic 996 TT and it makes want to puke to see one now. Sorry but leave silver for the posers who don't know any better.

Silver is very common across all makes. There obviously is a strong historical connection with Porsche and silver. I do think that GT Silver on a Cayman looks really good. However, it just blends into that endless landscape of silver cars these days.

I'd like to see Porsche do a couple of "back catalog" special edition colors every year or two. Bringing back Azzuro California for the 997 Club Coupe was a great step. I'd also like to see more non metallic colors in the mix other than red, yellow, white and black. A non metallic dark blue would be good.

The other night there was a re run on Gone in 60 seconds and it was still nice to watch. I still loved that cobalt blue with racing stripe Nicholas Cage drove and busted up in the end... that was cool.

Quote:
    X-TURBO said:
    Quote:
    ptcja said:
    Different strokes different folks I don't prefer them as I am just a boring conservative guy who thinks that the Cayman and Boxster look best in Silver just like back in the days when 550 spyder and coupe were rolled out.

I think they look great in silver. But silver is like everywhere dude. I had an artic 996 TT and it makes want to puke to see one now. Sorry but leave silver for the posers who don't know any better.

Yeah I agree. I definitely need a change in my life as my first Beamer M3 Cabrio was silver, then 2005 SLK 350 was Silver (marketing, marketing) and now my 2006 987s is silver (my second car to be replaced is a Mitsubishi Pajero in silver). My family thinks "NOT ANOTHER SILVER"... and my father's Jaguar XJ is silver. I have ordered 335i to be delivered next year 2007 silver with red interior (for a change as I have always been silver on black).

I don't know what's wrong with me but I always covet other people's WHITE CAYMANS and BLACK TURBOS but I just never get to order these colours when I come to do it myself. Ya know it's just one of those feelings that surely... it looks great but not on mine. White Caymans and GT3s are exotic and very European (I live in HONG KONG and just like all other coutries, silver dominates from grand ma's cars to boring mercedes) and I kindda told myself last night that when I get my next Porsche, it has to be black. The only thing that's really putting me off is the care you have to put onto a black car as swirl marks, hairline scratches and rock chips all show up more prominently no matter how tiny they are. Lately I saw a cobalt blue Cayman which I said "beautiful" but I hate myself for always getting silver. Just a challenge I have to go through and wish me good luck to see the day with my black turbo.

To me they look more like photoshop than real colors....

Look at the Rinspeed Orange Cayman.

The front end looks pretty good.

"Rinspeed Cayman Daytona" Link

Quote:
    ptcja said:
    Quote:
    X-TURBO said:
    Quote:
    ptcja said:

Yeah I agree. I definitely need a change in my life as my first Beamer M3 Cabrio was silver, then 2005 SLK 350 was Silver (marketing, marketing) and now my 2006 987s is silver (my second car to be replaced is a Mitsubishi Pajero in silver). My family thinks "NOT ANOTHER SILVER"... and my father's Jaguar XJ is silver. I have ordered 335i to be delivered next year 2007 silver with red interior (for a change as I have always been silver on black).

I don't know what's wrong with me but I always covet other people's WHITE CAYMANS and BLACK TURBOS but I just never get to order these colours when I come to do it myself. Ya know it's just one of those feelings that surely... it looks great but not on mine. White Caymans and GT3s are exotic and very European (I live in HONG KONG and just like all other coutries, silver dominates from grand ma's cars to boring mercedes) and I kindda told myself last night that when I get my next Porsche, it has to be black. The only thing that's really putting me off is the care you have to put onto a black car as swirl marks, hairline scratches and rock chips all show up more prominently no matter how tiny they are. Lately I saw a cobalt blue Cayman which I said "beautiful" but I hate myself for always getting silver. Just a challenge I have to go through and wish me good luck to see the day with my black turbo.

i used to have the same virus. My Audi was ailver, the same applies to my 325i, M3 etc. Then i deicided to go with black..

Guess now.. i wish i had GT silver for my 997 (or white). It doesn't matter how many silver cars i see every day, all it matters it's my car, in my garage.

Cayman the Frog????

Quote:
    ptcja said:
    Quote:
    X-TURBO said:
    Quote:
    ptcja said:

Interesting you say that about silver being popular. Most of my HK friends indeed have silver cars (surprise surprise). Me, I've ayways been a fan of black although my next P-car I will consider a dark grey like seal gray. With solid black it requires frequent gentle washings, but when it's shiny it's a real stand-out. Swirl marks could be "fixed" with a high grade wax which can last months. As they say "Once black always (almost) black"

Best color for a Cayman...

I think the best color is Lapis Blue!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754794 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431389 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258832 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255806 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79810 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868806 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802706 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM