Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Recall Cayenne

I just found out there is an big recall coming up for the Cayenne
    It has to do with the an oilpump for the 04 models
    Does anyone know more about this????

Re: Recall Cayenne

I have heard nothing about this. Can you say where your information comes from?

It is in the news paper
    And my dealer confirmed the story
    web page
    I was surprised I did not read it on this forum first
    Since RC is having a holyday we start missing the hotnews

Wow! Thanks Har. I can't yet figure out what it says exactly. I tried the Google translator but it does not work for Dutch.

translation

AMSTERDAM - A limits number of owners of a Porsche Cayenne receives dezer summon a letter of the importer with the request their minimally Euro 67.000,- and at most Euro 142.200,- kostende Sports Utility Vehicle by the dealer to let check.

There has been established that there by the permanent four wheel driven semi-grounds car a problem in the so-called 'tussenbak', in which the power distributions over for and achteras are regulated, can act. An in that assembled pump would not get the maximum requirement capacity, through which the system works less good. Manager Philip Stassen of the Dutch Porsche-importer can will say not yet round how many cars the in total. "It goes round a particular series oil pump and we examine present in which Cayenne's that precisely be uses", according to Stassen.

Now, that's a heck of a funny translation. I know several politicians who speak that way. It sounds like English but Lord knows what it's saying!

D

Quote:
    Now, that's a heck of a funny translation. I know several politicians who speak that way. It sounds like English but Lord knows what it's saying!

I think its not funny to laugh at translation on Internet forums
    USA is not the world and the world is not USA!!!!!!!!!
    I hate it when US people criticize other people trying to speak their language
    YOU TRY TO SPEAK DUTCH THEN WE TALK AGAIN

Quote:
    dedam said:

Assuming you used a translation program rather than having done it yourself, I'm surprised you took that remark so personally, Dedam. I'm into my fourth language, so I thank I have an appreciation for how difficult it is.
    That didn't stop me wanting to post a jokey request for the translation you had promised us, after I'd read the "Dutch" version you posted.

Carrageous just beat me to it, and I think his crack - as mine would have been - was aimed at the quality of translation programs, and not at you, or the honor of the Netherlands.

He might be the first to admit that, if he had to learn Dutch first before we talked again, it could be a long time before we talked at all:

Since Dutch is not one of the four languages I mentioned, I'm still intrigued as to what a "so called tussenbak" (right spelling?) might be!

fritz

Quote:
    Since Dutch is not one of the four languages I mentioned, I'm still intrigued as to what a "so called tussenbak" (right spelling?) might be!

Tussenbak is the powertransmission between the front and the rear axle.

Aufwiedersehen Frits

Quote:
    dedam said:

The driveshaft, i suppose?

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Quote:
    dedam said:

The driveshaft, i suppose?

Sounds like it could also be the center differential. That would cover the mention of an "oil pump", perhaps.

best translation I could do

Porsche Cayenne called back

through Jeroen Jongeneel

AMSTERDAM - A limits number of owners of a Porsche Cayenne receives dezer summon a letter of the importer with the request their minimally Euro 67.000,- and at most Euro 142.200,- kostende Sports Utility Vehicle by the dealer to let check.

There has been established that there by the permanent four wheel driven semi-grounds car a problem in the so-called 'tussenbak', in which the power distributions over for and achteras are regulated, can act. An in that assembled pump would not get the maximum requirement capacity, through which the system works less good. Manager Philip Stassen of the Dutch Porsche-importer can will say not yet round how many cars the in total. "It goes round a particular series oil pump and we examine present in which Cayenne's that precisely be uses", according to Stassen.

w

Isnt that imposible, this is porsche we are talking about the undisputed champion of the german quality, I gues it hapens to the best of us after all

Quote:
    dedam said:
    I just found out there is an big recall coming up for the Cayenne
    It has to do with the an oilpump for the 04 models
    Does anyone know more about this????

Link to AP release regarding a new Cayenne recall...(from another forum)...AK

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apwashington_story.asp?category=1155&slug=Porsche%20Recall

I did a little research on this, and it seems like the references to the oil pump recall is only for about 4100 units of the 2004 Cayennes (V6, S and TT). Here is a summary from the NHTSA web site regarding it:

"Make: PORSCHE
    Model: CAYENNE
    Year: 2004
    Recall Number: 04V071000

Summary:
    CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES MAY HAVE HAD A TRANSFER CASE INSTALLED THAT COULD, DUE TO CHANGES IN THE HOUSING CASTING, RESULT IN THE OIL PUMP ROTATION. SHOULD THIS OCCUR, OIL STARVATION OF THE INTERNAL GEARS MIGHT RESULT.

Consequence:
    CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE VEHICLE COULD RESULT IN A FRACTURE OF THE TRANSFER CASE HOUSING. INCORRECT TORQUE WOULD THEN BE APPLIED TO THE DRIVEN WHEELS OR OIL COULD LEAK AND CONTACT THE TIRES.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE TRANSFER CASE HOUSING AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE TRANSFER CASE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039."

However, CayenneAK's link to the Seattle newspaper article addresses a completely different issue, and this does pertain to 10,637 cars - 2003 and 2004 Cayenne S and TT (V6 not included). Here is a summary of it from the NHTSA site:

Model: CAYENNE S, Turbo
    Year: 2003, 2004
    Recall Number: 04V069000

Summary:
    ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE MAIN WIRING HARNESS WAS INCORRECTLY ROUTED. DAMAGE TO THE MAIN WIRING HARNESS CAN LEAD TO THE FAILURE OF VARIOUS ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS.

Consequence:
    IN EXTREME CASES, TO A CABLE FIRE BENEATH THE INSTRUMENT PANEL IN THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL RE-ROUTE THE WIRING HARNESS. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039. "

Finally, there is one last recall that I saw but it only pertains to the 2003 Cayenne S and TT, and only 35 units are affected. There is the NHTSA summary:

Model: CAYENNE S, Turbo
    Year: 2003
    Recall Number: 04V068000

Summary:
    ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, IF THE GROUND CONNECTION BETWEEN THE SPIRAL RING OF THE TANK FILLER NECK AND THE CONNECTING PIPE TO THE FUEL TANK IS INADEQUATE, THE FLOW OF FUEL DURING REFUELING CAN CREATE AN ELECTROSTATIC CHARGE, WHICH COULD DISCHARGE AND SPARK. THIS SPARK COULD IGNITE FUEL VAPORS IN THE AREA OUTSIDE THE TANK FILLER NECK THAT COULD LEAD TO A MUFFLED DETONATION.

Consequence:
    DUE TO SUCH A STARTLING EVENT, THE INDIVIDUAL REFUELING THE VEHICLE COULD REMOVE THE FUEL NOZZLE AT PRECISELY THE MOMENT OF THE DETONATION WITHOUT FIRST STOPPING THE FUELING PROCESS. IN SUCH A CIRCUMSTANCE, FUEL ESCAPING OUTSIDE OF THE FUEL TANK MAY IGNITE, RESULTING IN A FIRE.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE GROUND CONNECTION AND, IF NECESSARY, CORRECTED. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039."

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. The information can be found at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

Karl

Thanks EuroCarNUt!

..mine hasn't burst into flames yet!

Re: Thanks EuroCarNUt!

if mine bursts, I may get a replacement car

Official recall from NHTSA

Porsche is recalling 10,637 Cayenne S and Turbo from 2003 and 2004 model years. The parking brake cable can rub against other wires and cause fire in the vehicles instrument panel.

They are also recalling 1,805 911 from 2004 model year because oil isn't getting to the internal gears.

Re: Official recall from NHTSA

The recall has been extended to ALL Cayennes built between Oct 1st 2002 and July 19th 2003 bringing the total to 22,158 units.

Thanks Karl!

We appreciate the information. The NHTSA website is a great place to check out all official US recall information. It's free, easy to navigate and has tons of other useful information.

Re: another article

Shhh.. dont tell PCA we dont use the parking brake in the US

Quote:
    EricAlain said:

The recall has been extended to ALL Cayennes built between Oct 1st 2002 and July 19th 2003 bringing the total to 22,158 units.

Recall information is CORRECT, the FIRST 22158 Cayenne units are affected. Also 6500 VW Touareg are affected!
    Sorry for the late confirmation guys, I'm in the US on a vacation right now.

RC which part of US??

How do I find out whether my car has this recall?

Thanks RC. Hope your enjoying yourself in that Florida sunshine.

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Thanks RC. Hope your enjoying yourself in that Florida sunshine.

I hate these jokes... Today we had 11*C during daytime and around 9*C at 8 pm. In Fahrenheit: 48-52 *F. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
    We're expecting 82*F for Monday but right now, I have the heating turned on instead of the A/C.

I guess the picture says it all...my little girl's face tells everything...

For DEETZ: you should contact your dealer but if your car is built AFTER july 2003, you shouldn't worry too much.

RC,
    Disneyworld, Universal Studios?

Quote:
    Justin said:
    RC,
    Disneyworld, Universal Studios?

Thats Disneyworld, look at the colors of the sign in the backround. I hope we can go in September if I can get away. Me and my wife love that place

Quote:
    dedam said:

Quote:

Dedam,
    I've been away from my desk so pardon the slow response. As Fritz correctly surmised, my joke was about the translation program, not you, your country or the Dutch language. I COULD make jokes about the Dutch language, but they would not be as funny as the ones my friends in the Netherlands make themselves. But I apologize, there was no intention to offend.

A couple of years ago, I was part of an attempted merger of a US company and two French companies. I decided it would be smart to copy each e-mail I sent with a French translation using Babelfish. Then one day, I translated an e-mail from French to English and saw the hilarious results.

Just for fun, I've translated this post into Dutch.

Quote:
    [ quote]dedam said:[/b ] [ citaat ] Nu, dat een heck van een grappige vertaling. Ik ken verscheidene politici die die manier spreken. Het klinkt als het Engels maar Lord weet wat het zegt! [/citaat ] ik denk zijn niet grappig om bij vertaling op de forums de V.S. te lachen van Internet niet de wereld is en de wereld de geen V.S.!!!!!!!!! ik haat het is wanneer de mensen van de V.S. andere mensen kritiseren die hun taal proberen te spreken U PROBEERT om het NEDERLANDS TE SPREKEN WIJ [/DAN citaat ] OPNIEUW Dedam, I've van mijn bureau zo gratie weg de langzame reactie SPREKEN. Als correct vermoed Fritz, was mijn grap over het vertaalprogramma, niet u, uw land of Nederlandse taal. Ik KON grappen over de Nederlandse taal maken, maar zij zouden niet zoals degenen zo grappig zijn mijn vrienden in Nederland zich maken. Maar ik verontschuldig me, was er geen bedoeling te beledigen. Een paar jaren geleden, maakte ik deel uit van een geprobeerde fusie van een bedrijf van de V.S. en twee Franse bedrijven. Ik besliste het slim zou zijn om elke e-mail te kopiëren die ik met een Franse vertaling heb verzonden gebruikend Babelfish. Dan één dag, vertaalde ik een e-mail uit Frans in het Engels en zag de hilarious resultaten. Enkel voor pret, heb ik deze post in het Nederlands vertaald.

Now it's your turn to laugh!

OK Carrageous
    Case closed

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM