Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Question on Ordering a 430

If I were to go down to my local F dealer to order a new 430 with my exact specs, how long would it take for delivery?

Re: Question on Ordering a 430

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    If I were to go down to my local F dealer to order a new 430 with my exact specs, how long would it take for delivery?

I'd say that highly depends on your dealer and your status as a Ferrari customer.

in LA? like ten years at least..in europe 4 to 5 months...

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    in europe 4 to 5 months...

But only in Monaco...

Well depending on the situation,

I am interested in purchasing a F430 coupe North American specs and I was told December delivery by my dealer(Spain). But than again this will be my second F430.

Not to be rude but anyone who asks that question usually has never bought a Ferrari before. And if that is the case, I am sorry to say you would have no chance at all.

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:

You would never receive a 430. You could hope for the successor model, but it might be the model after that. Minimum 5 yrs (unless you bribe the right guy). In fact, many dealers will now only take orders from past Ferrari customers.

I once put down a $10k deposit on a 360 (or successor) and was told I'd receive a car in 4 yrs. 1.5 years later, I checked in on my status and they said 5 more years (total 6.5), so I withdrew my deposit and haven't been back...

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:

In fact, many dealers will now only take orders from past Ferrari customers.

Same deal w/ my dealer on new 8cyl model's at msrp, they will only sell to existing customers. Catch 22. The only way to get a new car at msrp is to buy something else (used 360/used 430)first and even then the wait for a new car at your specs. could take years. And it only seems to be getting even more difficult/ taking more time to get a car.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:

In fact, many dealers will now only take orders from past Ferrari customers.

Same deal w/ my dealer on new 8cyl model's at msrp, they will only sell to existing customers. Catch 22. The only way to get a new car at msrp is to buy something else (used 360/used 430)first and even then the wait for a new car at your specs. could take years. And it only seems to be getting even more difficult/ taking more time to get a car.

I agree. The quickest way is to buy one for over MSRP FROM A FERRARI DEALER and become a client for future cars. I know of some who really wanted a 430 Spider settled for a 360 Spider later order the 430 coupe and waiting to order the 430 Spider.

Financially, you go into a hole with the first purchase but make up for it with subsequent Ferrari's. You really do not lose money with the V-8 Ferrari's.

No, OneCarrut, I have never bought an F (having only owned Ps for the last 10 years and I am only 35), which is why I am asking here. But thanks for pointing out the obvious. That was really helpful.

So basically the only way to be able to order an F is to buy one or more used Fs first from the same dealer? What about buying a used F from a private party? Does merely owning an F entitle me to some sort of status in the world of Ferrari? Or do I have to keep going back to the same dealer?

IMO these days all bets are off for getting cars at sticker. Of course there are the exceptions but more and more I see dealers trying to get what the market will bare. Just get out and grind the best deal you can, probably at an out of state dealer and one who has been holding on to a car for a while. It worked for me

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    No, OneCarrut, I have never bought an F (having only owned Ps for the last 10 years and I am only 35), which is why I am asking here.

This new found F-car enthusiam wouldn't have anything to do with your new found enthusiam for Miss Universe contestents? P car not doing the job?

Alot depends on the dealer. At my dealer buying one used car probably would not get you a spot. They have many customer who have bought many cars from them and since they are not a large dealer, they are usually sould out of a model line with their existing customers right away. Every dealer is different and maybe your dealer might get more cars, or have less long standing customers

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    No, OneCarrut, I have never bought an F (having only owned Ps for the last 10 years and I am only 35), which is why I am asking here. But thanks for pointing out the obvious. That was really helpful.

So basically the only way to be able to order an F is to buy one or more used Fs first from the same dealer? What about buying a used F from a private party? Does merely owning an F entitle me to some sort of status in the world of Ferrari? Or do I have to keep going back to the same dealer?

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:

Buying from a private partly or even an exotic car dealership w/ a Ferrari for sale wont help getting a new car at msrp in the slightest. Eexcept that you may run into the right people on rally's or maybe you'll have a cherry 430 that the dealer wants and he'll offer you a new car for your trade

But it's all about establishing a relationship w/ a Ferrari dealership. Buying a car from another Ferrari dealer MIGHT help slightly in getting a new car at msrp from your dealer if you have a model they would like to buy from you but the only way I'd recommend is to buy a pre-owned from the SAME dealer that you would like to get a new car at msrp. That way you're an existing customer. Best to do this with the dealer that is closest to you because the way to do it (establish the relationship) is in person imo. I got invloved in the dealerships events/car shows/rally's etc. before I ever got a car but only do that if it's fun for you. Good luck.

Quote:
    Danny G said:
    This new found F-car enthusiam wouldn't have anything to do with your new found enthusiam for Miss Universe contestents? P car not doing the job?

Danny: No, the P car is actually better in that regard because I can fit more of them in the car (at least the ones that are 6 feet tall).

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Buying from a private partly or even an exotic car dealership w/ a Ferrari for sale wont help getting a new car at msrp in the slightest. Eexcept that you may run into the right people on rally's or maybe you'll have a cherry 430 that the dealer wants and he'll offer you a new car for your trade

But it's all about establishing a relationship w/ a Ferrari dealership. Buying a car from another Ferrari dealer MIGHT help slightly in getting a new car at msrp from your dealer if you have a model they would like to buy from you but the only way I'd recommend is to buy a pre-owned from the SAME dealer that you would like to get a new car at msrp. That way you're an existing customer. Best to do this with the dealer that is closest to you because the way to do it (establish the relationship) is in person imo. I got invloved in the dealerships events/car shows/rally's etc. before I ever got a car but only do that if it's fun for you. Good luck.

Thanks Straddle. That seems like sound advice.

move to europe

It is going to take a while...

I have a F430 Spider on order since last year March and I'm still waiting...

Thank goodness I bought a new coupe although I paid a slight premium, was well worth it!

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Thank goodness I bought a new coupe although I paid a slight premium, was well worth it!

Mike,
    Just finalized tickets to Italy. I'll be at the factory in Maranello next Thursday. According to my dealer (who just gave me my production#) my car is in production. He said I might get lucky and be able to see it, all depends. Do you have a production #? Maybe I could ask for you and perhaps take some pics? I'm not sure at all how it works, if you even get to see the actual car but I can try.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Mike,
    Just finalized tickets to Italy. I'll be at the factory in Maranello next Thursday. According to my dealer (who just gave me my production#) my car is in production. He said I might get lucky and be able to see it, all depends. Do you have a production #? Maybe I could ask for you and perhaps take some pics? I'm not sure at all how it works, if you even get to see the actual car but I can try.

I'll ask my dealer for my production no. tomorrow and let you know. Appreciated it

Are you going to Sant'Agata by anychance? You can have a look at how far my LP640 is, I have the order number for that one...

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Mike,

Pictures??? You nuts? They will not let a camera within a 100 yards of the factory.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691730 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410427 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256331 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235540 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65860 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4753 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

859016 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775483 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM