Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Exclusive options for 997 Turbo

There are new Exclusive options for 997 Turbo, soon to be available for all 997 and Boxster/Cayman models.

Black(piano) interior trim, here are the codes:
    CMD Rear Center Console in Black
    CMF PCM Package Black
    CMG Package Switch Panel Black
    CMH Door Finisher Package Black
    CMJ Gear Lever Trim Black
    CMM Trim Strip Black
    CMN Air Vents Slats Black
    CMP Instruments Surround Black
    CMR Belt Outlet "B" Pillar Black

New leather option:
    CPA Thicker Multifunction Steering Wheel
    (only available with 431 code-Multifunction Steering Wheel)

I saw 997 Turbo in Slate Grey with Natural Leather Dark Grey and full Black Trim and it looked awsome!
    Here is another pic from Porsche Exclusive with some Black Trim options...

Re: New Exclusive options for 997 Turbo

The black piano finish was already available for all models, the pic you show is a yellow C4S and has been in the Exclusive catalogue since 05.

The thicker multifunction wheel does sound new.

The aluminum hand break showm in the picture is actually not an option, they do have an aluminum hand break but it does not look like this one, it looks similar to the one that was available in 996 986 model range.

The "black stuff" was already available for the 997 Carrera models, very nice looking. I'm planning to replace the silver stuff on my car with the black parts. They definetely look very well.

The pic is from Exclusive catalogue but, codes are from new Exclusive price list(valid from 03.07.2006.) and there is clear REMARK there that Black options will be available for all other models from mid August 2006. BTW, Black trim was avaialble before but, only as "special" order item-much more expensive.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    The pic is from Exclusive catalogue but, codes are from new Exclusive price list(valid from 03.07.2006.) and there is clear REMARK there that Black options will be available for all other models from mid August 2006. BTW, Black trim was avaialble before but, only as "special" order item-much more expensive.

In Germany, the black painted stuff was and still is even available in the configurator. Many options are available to other countries a couple of months later.

Christian, Black Trim is in German configurator from yesterday! If you do not belive me call someone in Stuttgart, I got this price list also yesterday from my friend who work at Porsche.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Christian, Black Trim is in German configurator from yesterday! If you do not belive me call someone in Stuttgart, I got this price list also yesterday from my friend who work at Porsche.

Kreso, I mentioned black trim for the Carrera almost a year ago, maybe you want to look it up with the SEARCH function. It was in the german configurator all the time and of course I'm talking about the Carrera models (the Turbo wasn't available in the configurator a few months ago).

So no matter what Exclusive department told you, this is a fact.

Quote:
    Kreso, I mentioned black trim for the Carrera almost a year ago, maybe you want to look it up with the SEARCH function. It was in the german configurator all the time and of course I'm talking about the Carrera models (the Turbo wasn't available in the configurator a few months ago).

i was aware of the exclusive option "interior trim matching exterior paint", but IMO kreso is right that "black trim" is new.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    i was aware of the exclusive option "interior trim matching exterior paint", but IMO kreso is right that "black trim" is new.

Black trim is NOT new. Just for the Turbo new. Sorry.

Btw: although it is one day late...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sönke.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

The funny part is: black trim has been removed from the Exclusive options lists for the Carrera models. I can't find it anymore, just the exterior color thingie.

Quote:
    very nice looking

I do not think it gets better looking than that and on a Black 977TT and on a Black997TT Cab and on a Black 997TT S Cab .....

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

In Germany, the black painted stuff was and still is even available in the configurator. Many options are available to other countries a couple of months later.

When I configure my C4S cab I used german configurator to have access to exclusive options as in many other countries Exclusive options are not available in configurator. I then call Ulrike Lutz at Exclusive and went through some options with her, she sent me a few suggestions. The option of several parts inside the car painted in exterior color includes piano black all you have to do is tell them and it does not change the price. It might be possible that the specific code for piano black is now available as before you needed to specify manually on order but the option trust me was available.

I actually ended up not going for piano black as the car I ordered was basalt black exterior and black leather interior and more black on the meteor grey pieces was making the car look too black, no contrast. I guess it depends what's the exterior color. I did go for more leather in several parts and alu look column B which is a nice touch in cabs.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

Black trim is NOT new. Just for the Turbo new. Sorry.

Btw: although it is one day late...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sönke.

Thank you!

senra, thanks for clarifying.
    However, like I mentioned before, the black trim option was available in the german configurator and I wonder why Porsche removed it. It is in the configurator for the Turbo only, which of course is new.

I tried to order black trim on my Turbo but it wasn't possible at the time of my order, same with yellow stitching. Some people say I should be happy with the current stitching but I really would have loved yellow since it isn't too flashy and it looks really well. Bad luck I guess.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    New leather option:
    CPA Thicker Multifunction Steering Wheel
    (only available with 431 code-Multifunction Steering Wheel)

Many studies have shown that when people are presented with more and more choices they are actually less happy with the choices they make because they always think what if. Presented with just a few choices people are much happier with their selection because the choices are easier to make. Porsche should look at that study and apply it to the 911 line. Way too many choices and options.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Many studies have shown that when people are presented with more and more choices they are actually less happy with the choices they make because they always think what if. Presented with just a few choices people are much happier with their selection because the choices are easier to make. Porsche should look at that study and apply it to the 911 line. Way too many choices and options.

Very wise words!

Unfortunately we are heading the other direction, no matter which manufacturer. That so called "personalisation"-thing is nothing else than clever marketing, to steal the very last Euro/Dollar out of the customer's pockets by giving him overpriced options he doesn't really need.

Quote:
    355Spider said:

To what studies are you refering too?
    Did the study involve only P. brand and customers?

If not your argument is fallacious. How can you generalize a study without mentioning the source and which the study you are refering to???

As far as I'm concerned and I'm sure many other customer like me prefer to have the choices rather than having no choice.
    It did not stop me to buy options, in fact I didn't get any exclusive option.

Concerning customers unhappy because of taking or not taking any particular option, I don't think so. However not re-doing the same mistake (we all do misake)that is for sure.

It's funny how some guys in this forum try to find any means to bash P. brand with rather poor arguments .
    Anyway all their poor bashing just reinforce our loyalty to the brand rather than the opposite, because in fact, they remember us all the time how great is our cars compare to the competition!

Most of us here own porshes and we don't go brag in other forum to develop poor arguments, so why F. and GM does it???Maybe because porsche always have been synonymus of well built sports cars?

All forum need "bouffons" however I don't know why there are more of them in the 997TT one? If someone can enlight me, please do so. Oh yes, maybe because they own either a F. car or a chevy that is going bankrupt .

Maybe nick is forming new students?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779610 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442316 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263148 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261442 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85673 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5833 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881148 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817830 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM