Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: AFTER the Rennteam Summer Party (Second Day)

Florian,

I am sad, that I didn't attended the sunday event. Next time I will be there. The black forrest is my homeland, so maybe this helps me reducing the missing 90 hp to RCs turbo.

AM

Great reading, thanks to everyone.
    Nick, you're funny. You love to state that the Z spanks the tt. If that's true, and it very well may be faster-sorry but no spanking, then that must kill your ego, because your F car is a sad third. , even with the tt's stricter emissions (your unfounded claim); that must really hurt.

Quote:
    Joost said:
    KF,
    Could you please post some pics of your car? I love the GT2, and there are way to few pics of it available!
    -Joost-

I think in my gallery there are a few...

Maybe at sunday...

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Florian,

I am sad, that I didn't attended the sunday event. Next time I will be there. The black forrest is my homeland, so maybe this helps me reducing the missing 90 hp to RCs turbo.

AM

I'm sure you let me stay like a Golf 1.9 tdi

Quote:
    KF said:
    Maybe at sunday...

KF,
    checked your gallery... only found one pic of the GT2 Looking forward to some more pics maybe!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Quote:
    KF said:
    Maybe at sunday...

KF,
    checked your gallery... only found one pic of the GT2 Looking forward to some more pics maybe!
    -Joost-

Folder GT Modells- second page Use this link:GT2

Ahhh, thanks a lot KF! Your car is stunning... simply beautiful!

... ok, back to topic again!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    KF said:
    Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Florian,

AM

I'm sure you let me stay like a Golf 1.9 tdi

my first car was a Golf II with 1.6 d, damn I thought this was a very fast car

AM

Quote:
    KF said:
    The GT2 was faster in the range of 40 km/h to 250 km/h than the 600hp 996 Turbo and the modified Corvette. That's a fact after the shootout. Ok, the GT2 is lighter than both cars and evertime there was passenger on board and i drove alone. But don't forget i have a big wing on my tail, which is an aerodynamic disadvantage in accelaration things.

RC, we never had the chance to compare our cars directly at sunday, but we will do it soon.

One thing at least, you all are great drivers and i had no chance to follow you in the black forrest But i also drove this track first time and not as often than you.

I'm afraid I can't agree (we heard that before ):
    1. we had several occasions to compare our cars, maybe you just forgot in the heat of the moment. Especially the last encounter when we hit 250 kph, you were next to me and you didn't gain a centimeter. Now just don't tell me you were holding back.

2. I saw you and the 600 HP Sportec Turbo (or 580 HP because of the reduced boost pressure ) and I'm afraid the Sportec Turbo was definetely faster, especially at speeds over 220 kph, he pulled away. Not by very much but he did. Were you holding back again?
    3. I've NEVER been to the places we have been with the boys, maybe the boys should have told you. First time for me too.

I agree with the following:
    1. my 997 Turbo had more than 1500 km when we did this but it is no secret that the car will run much better after 10000 km or so. So we definetely will try again.
    2. the meeting wasn't about driving but about the cars. This is actually where in my opinion the "problem" started because I came for a friendly comparison and ended up "fighting" the local hero. At least I did well and I earned a new nick name (undercover dad) but thats not the point, I was there for fun, not for competition.

Finally, I don't want to mention the people who turned off the A/C to gain a few horses or those who lowered the air pressure before leaving...
    Apparently this whole macho stuff is deep inside most men out there. Seems that I need to cut some pride into little slices next time, I'll be prepared.

Quote:
    RC said:

Finally, I don't want to mention the people who turned off the A/C to gain a few horses or those who lowered the air pressure before leaving...
    Quote:

LOL!! imagine that they may also had very few LT of fuel in their tanks and also one more hint.. Did you see if they had placed chemical stuff in their fuel too?!

This is not fair. It happenes to Greece all the time when we say to go for a ride all comes with NO GAS and everytime they place 20euros without CATs etc etc

Maybe you guys should compete in croquet instead of cars, that way you could really bust each others balls.

Maybe next time have a referee/observer just to make sure that tire pressures/ac/fuel are close to equal.The observer could also "interpret" the tests outcomes.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Maybe you guys should compete in croquet instead of cars, that way you could really bust each others balls.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Maybe next time have a referee/observer just to make sure that tire pressures/ac/fuel are close to equal.The observer could also "interpret" the tests outcomes.

Quote:
    RC said:

1. we had several occasions to compare our cars, maybe you just forgot in the heat of the moment. Especially the last encounter when we hit 250 kph, you were next to me and you didn't gain a centimeter. Now just don't tell me you were holding back.

Sorry, i waited for you to make a countdown, but you did not. You came on my side and push your throttle. Sorry, we did not compare directly.

At the way to the black forrest i make a comparison to CR's Turbo and was slightly faster and to the Corvette but i lost because of a shifting failure. On the way back i only compare to the Corvette again.

Quote:
    RC said:
    2. I saw you and the 600 HP Sportec Turbo (or 580 HP because of the reduced boost pressure ) and I'm afraid the Sportec Turbo was definetely faster, especially at speeds over 220 kph, he pulled away. Not by very much but he did. Were you holding back again?

Ask CR... We only made one really duell. He lost and he will confirm it. I don't know what you saw...Maybe from behind it seems different.

At the rest of time on the Autobahn i hold back because of the traffic.

Since boys will be boys and try to win, it may be better to declare the competition and have a monitor, as Jim suggests.

Public roads are not for full-force competition (except for 100-300 kph runs on an early-Sunday-morning autobahn). The best place for a twisty shootout is the NBR on a mid-week evening when there is less traffic than on the weekends.:)

I did a run or two with the Corvette from 140-250, we were next to each other almost all the way up to 250.
    It seemed like I was pulling away slightly at the end when he had to shift gears, you clearly see the advantage of the Tiptronic when the cars shift gears at the same time.

(He was alone in his car, we were two people in my car with a full load of luggage.)

I am extremely satisfied with the Tiptronic , never again manual!

Quote:
    CF said:
    I did a run or two with the Corvette from 140-250, we were next to each other almost all the way up to 250.
    It seemed like I was pulling away slightly at the end when he had to shift gears, you clearly see the advantage of the Tiptronic when the cars shift gears at the same time.

(He was alone in his car, we were two people in my car with a full load of luggage.)I am extremely satisfied with the Tiptronic , never again manual!

You said this a the gasoline station. I can remember. It has to be happened on the way to Black Forrest. I hope you came back home without problems?

It was a pleasure for me to meet you.

The modded C6 although with nice output, was not a very good comparison to a Z06 for your misfiring shootout.

The Z06 has different gears, REVS quicker with different
    internals - lighter valve train and lighter connecting rods made from titanium - and also runs cooler and has less rolling resistance and better aerodynamics than a regular Corvette C6, modded or not. The additional engine size helps with torque at higher rpms also. And the entire car weighs less.

It was nice to finally meet all you guys, let's hope we can have another Rennteam meeting soon again.

Quote:
    CF said:
    It was nice to finally meet all you guys, let's hope we can have another Rennteam meeting soon again.

For October i can organize a weekend on the "Hockenheimring". Two days with raceinstructors and a lot of driving pleasure. Racetaxi and many other things.

Open for all Rennteamers. Costs for every member with hotel and food arround Euro 1500,-. If someone is interested. Maybe i can organize cars for our friends from oversea!

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    KF said:
    The GT2 was faster in the range of 40 km/h to 250 km/h than the 600hp 996 Turbo and the modified Corvette. That's a fact after the shootout. Ok, the GT2 is lighter than both cars and evertime there was passenger on board and i drove alone. But don't forget i have a big wing on my tail, which is an aerodynamic disadvantage in accelaration things.

RC, we never had the chance to compare our cars directly at sunday, but we will do it soon.

One thing at least, you all are great drivers and i had no chance to follow you in the black forrest But i also drove this track first time and not as often than you.

3. I've NEVER been to the places we have been with the boys, maybe the boys should have told you. First time for me too.

I agree with the following:
    1. my 997 Turbo had more than 1500 km when we did this but it is no secret that the car will run much better after 10000 km or so. So we definetely will try again.
    2. the meeting wasn't about driving but about the cars. This is actually where in my opinion the "problem" started because I came for a friendly comparison and ended up "fighting" the local hero. At least I did well and I earned a new nick name (undercover dad) but thats not the point, I was there for fun, not for competition.

Apparently this whole macho stuff is deep inside most men out there. Seems that I need to cut some pride into little slices next time, I'll be prepared.

Guys, it seems you would need an independent judge with you so things can be clear as cristal.

Alright, if you insist, I'll join you next time and be that judge. But I'd have to test drive all your cars just to be sure...

The "shoot out" would have been easy to judge if I had been there.

All of them behind me would have been battling each other for second place.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

And then you'd wake up in the hospital, learning that you were only dreaming and that you actually wiped out in the first corner .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

And then you'd wake up in the hospital, learning that you were only dreaming and that you actually wiped out in the first corner .

The only ambulance needed will be one to carry away the egos of those behind me!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

The only ambulance needed will be one to carry away the egos of those behind me!

Hope it's big enough .

So the question is. The TT tip above 200kph is still faster than TT MANUAL both with SC?? but not comparing with the booster of RC(always on )

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Hope it's big enough .

Finally i would say, it was all in all a great weekend with beautyfull cars and nice guys. All are winners cause of owning one of the best sportscar ever built.

I hope we make the next event of a racetrack and not on public streets, so we can give all a transponder to mess the laptimes.

On a track, things are much easier. No worries about traffic, no pre-emptive thinking necessary (at least not too much), no worries about loosing control/drifting, etc.

Track is a kiddy place but I agree that it is much safer and much more suitable to learn about a car's true limitations. You can't drive at the limit on a public road, this wouldn't only be insane but also very dangerous.

Hockenheim would be just right (like you suggested in an earlier post), the Nordschleife favors powerful cars, Hockenheim good drivers.

Quote:
    RC said:
    On a track, things are much easier. No worries about traffic, no pre-emptive thinking necessary (at least not too much), no worries about loosing control/drifting, etc.

Track is a kiddy place but I agree that it is much safer and much more suitable to learn about a car's true limitations. You can't drive at the limit on a public road, this wouldn't only be insane but also very dangerous.

Hockenheim would be just right (like you suggested in an earlier post), the Nordschleife favors powerful cars, Hockenheim good drivers.

So, do you prefer the Nordschleife then?

Quote:
    RC said:

Track is a kiddy place? Do you really think racing on public streets is an adult thing? Come on, Christian. You always say that only irresponsible guys would do such stupid things.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688265 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408601 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255489 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234712 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65349 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857476 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773197 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM