Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Vanity License Plates

To break from the discussions of muffler rattles and nitrogen filled tires I pose the following light hearted question. Do you have a vanity (personalized) license plate, if so what is it? If you don't have one, but want to contribute anyway feel free!

Post your plate, if you care, and click the survey for some fun!

Thanks!

Re: Vanity License Plates

997S CAB - My 997 S Cab
    AJ SAMMY - My Ferrari (son & daughter's nicknames)
    1HOG1 - My 1993 Harley
    2HOG2 - My 2004 Harley

997TURBO - Currently have this on reserve w/ NY DMV

Stradale: I grew up in Center Moriches (Long Island - East end). Your picture reminds me of home. Am I correct in assuming thats Long Island and not some locale north of the city?

I used to live in New York. Man do I miss Long Island. Used to spend summers in the Long Island sound and vacationed in the Hamptons. What a great place to live.

IMO you're just asking for trouble. Why make your car more memorable?

A significant number of people already think this way about us Porsche drivers:

We constantly pass people and cut them off.
    We're always speeding.
    We're spoiled rich people.
    We think we own the road.
    We should have spent our money on something that makes society better.

Sooooo, God forbid you accidentally do something while driving past them which pi**ses them off! Because you gave them a little extra zinger insult by sporting a cute plate which they can remember next time they see your alone car in a parking lot. Or they can use their cellphones to accurately and easily report your "excessive" speed and "wreckless" driving.

Of course there are some cities like parts of LA or Miami Beach where nobody notices expensive cars with the fancy plates.

Quote:
    Puffy911 said:
    Stradale: I grew up in Center Moriches (Long Island - East end). Your picture reminds me of home. Am I correct in assuming thats Long Island and not some locale north of the city?

Yup. Taken while around Jones beach, think I was at Captree.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    IMO you're just asking for trouble. Why make your car more memorable?

A significant number of people already think this way about us Porsche drivers:

We constantly pass people and cut them off.
    We're always speeding.
    We're spoiled rich people.
    We think we own the road.
    We should have spent our money on something that makes society better.

Sooooo, God forbid you accidentally do something while driving past them which pi**ses them off! Because you gave them a little extra zinger insult by sporting a cute plate which they can remember next time they see your alone car in a parking lot. Or they can use their cellphones to accurately and easily report your "excessive" speed and "wreckless" driving.

Of course there are some cities like parts of LA or Miami Beach where nobody notices expensive cars with the fancy plates.

Life's too short to worry so much about what other "people" think. I do what I want (as long as it's not endangering other people) and if someone doesn't like it - F um.

Presently have CANDIDE but will switch to GRY-OWL (P-car is Seal Grey) when it comes time to renew.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Life's too short to worry so much about what other "people" think. I do what I want (as long as it's not endangering other people) and if someone doesn't like it - F um.

Could not have said it better myself

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Ditto

I'd like to get ASS MAN like Kramer on Seinfeld!

Coochas: Would that only be for a C4? lol

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Yeah, agree 100 percent.

My reservation has to do with attracting the attention of the general public. Too many wackos out there.

Sorry, I just realized this might sound paranoid and spoils the spirit of the post.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Sorry, I just realized this might sound paranoid and spoils the spirit of the post.

Don't worry, no spoils. Your view of things, like everyones, is highly welcome and respected.

Sincerely...

I do not have any Vanity Plate, here in Italy in the future you will be able to choose a comination of 2 letters, 3 numbers and then 2 letters again...

But while I was in LA, I saw this and I found it funny (maybe a bit too much but ok for that kind of car!)

Quote:
    trip said:
    I used to live in New York. Man do I miss Long Island. Used to spend summers in the Long Island sound and vacationed in the Hamptons. What a great place to live.

Me too . I especially miss the 3 hr. trips from Queens to Jones Beach .And then they would close the bridge 1 minute before I would finally get there . Lol
    L.I. SUCKS

Quote:
    bstew said:
    Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Ditto

Ditto Ditto

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

We grew up on Long Island (actually really eastern Queens) then went to school at Stony Brook. As soon as I got out we moved across the Hudson and never regretted it. They say NJ is the most densely populated state in the country, but the traffic and environment beats all heck out of LI.

Still have to go back there to see the relatives, though. I hate the drive ... never can get there without way too much traffic.

Mine's BAHN BNR...

Maybe its changed a little in the past ten years, still loved to vacation there.

Vik Eye here, had it on the Boxster, looks good too on the 997

Quote:
    trip said:

It really is. Wouldn't live anywhere else. I'm 25 minutes from Jones Beach. 5 minutes from the North Shore where I love to fish. 10 minutes to either the Whitestone or Throgs Neck bridges. 30 minutes from NYC. 1/4 mile from the Long Island Expressway and Northen Parkway. 20 minutes from Laguardia Airport and walking distance to my Golf Club. One of the best school districts in the country, private Village Police force where Nassau county cops don't patrol(handy for being able to drive almost anyway I want without being crazy and not getting tickets)And the Hamptons is a bonus. Whether L.I. is great or not really depends on what area of L.I. I couldn't live out on Eastern Long Island too far from anything. I'm the first town in Nassau County next to the Queens border (Exit #33 on the Long Island Expressway) which makes it easy to get to all the places I go quickly.

I agree. Life is indeed too short.

My Boxster S is BOX2GO

We don't have vanity plates here. It is still possible to get a 911 or 997 plate, though, if you have the right "connections".

Then, there are "restricted" plates, which only those with the abovementioned "connections" can get. The police won't bother stopping someone with a plate that starts with a number between 11 and 20, for instance.

"Liberty, Equality, Fraternity", they said.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

It really is. Wouldn't live anywhere else. I'm 25 minutes from Jones Beach. 5 minutes from the North Shore where I love to fish. 10 minutes to either the Whitestone or Throgs Neck bridges. 30 minutes from NYC. 1/4 mile from the Long Island Expressway and Northen Parkway. 20 minutes from Laguardia Airport and walking distance to my Golf Club. One of the best school districts in the country, private Village Police force where Nassau county cops don't patrol(handy for being able to drive almost anyway I want without being crazy and not getting tickets)And the Hamptons is a bonus. Whether L.I. is great or not really depends on what area of L.I. I couldn't live out on Eastern Long Island too far from anything. I'm the first town in Nassau County next to the Queens border (Exit #33 on the Long Island Expressway) which makes it easy to get to all the places I go quickly.

Privat police force! Have they ever given you a ticket?

Quote:
    trip said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    trip said:

Privat police force! Have they ever given you a ticket?

Nope.
    I was stopped a few times many years ago when I first moved into the neigborhood. Once they saw my license and that I was a Village resident they let me go. Now they know my cars/bikes so I don't even get pulled over anymore.

My car's not in the same league as you guys here, but since you asked, here's my plate...

Aj has a plate dedicated to Family guy!

Stradale:

I grew up on 268 St & 76 Ave.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802613 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448375 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265916 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89918 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6394 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885325 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832091 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM