Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

And again...another batch of new 997 Turbo (Mr. Turbo) pics

Enjoy, just returned yesterday from our short Italy vacation and of course I visited my office today and...my Turbo. Still fighting for a Saturday release of the car but if my car documents arrive til Thursday, it should be possible. I'll keep the fingers crossed.

Re: And again...another batch of new 997 Turbo (Mr. Turbo) pics

Just wondering if removing the black foam from the airfilter box may have a positive impact on engine sound.
    I wonder why it is actually there...the black foam doesn't make much sense.

Basalt black met. painted seat backs. Looks nice but I'm afraid I didn't think this through too well...little hint: kids in the rear.

Say what you want but carbon still rocks...

I already saw many Turbos but this car looks mean...real mean. The pictures really don't show it too well but the rims actually look much darker (pretty close to a dark titanium) in reality and together with the black paint...just a dream.

It is a pitty the yellow stitching wasn't available, this is actually the only thing missing. And I would have loved to have black dials instead of the white/silver ones (incl. Sport Chrono clock) but again...bad luck of early buyers.

Congrats again RC. Such a beeeeee yout !!!

Love your CF choice. Too bad CF doesn't look as good in pics as it does in person, somethin about the weave plays tricks on photo's. But really like this pic. Did you consider getting the leather wrapped tip gate surround?

ps: I'm now leaning for the 1st time towards the tip instead of the stick. Added it all up and I'm at $163k. Ouch. Please keep us informed once you have a chance to ring her out.

Thanks, Stradale. I plan to add more carbon over the next several months but I didn't order everything possible because a few things weren't available yet and it would have overloaded by "budget" since this is a company car.

I also plan to have the grey plastic around the PCM/etc. painted in black. Just some minor tweaks to make the car perfect to me. Unfortunately the yellow stitching was something I really wanted but...

Congrats again Christian!
    These few days of waiting are killing you...
    Soon you will be one of the fastest men in Bavaria!

I really like the yellow seat belts with the Yellow calipers. If I remember correctly, you wanted yellow stitching too but it wasn't available yet. I think it would have even looked better.

I wonder if you drove faster on your way back to germany than on on your way to Italy?

Quote:
    RC said:
    Thanks, Stradale. I plan to add more carbon over the next several months but I didn't order everything possible because a few things weren't available yet and it would have overloaded by "budget" since this is a company car.

I also plan to have the grey plastic around the PCM/etc. painted in black. Just some minor tweaks to make the car perfect to me. Unfortunately the yellow stitching was something I really wanted but...

RC, the car looks AWESOME nonetheless! Thumbs up!

Christian..your car looks awesome..really,i don't like too much black cars..but this looks great!

Quote:
    RC said:

Gotcha. So far I've listed every CF option except the steering wheel (like the one you have better) Almost identical to the XPA in my cab but with the tip buttons, that's the way to go.

The problem I have deciding is what to do w/ the PCM & seat backs. Either going to leave them alone or more likey will order the PCM in Alum look w/ matching seat backs or may even order it leather. If they made it in CF to flow along w/ CF vents and the trim strip then along the doors and down to the rear consule that would be the cats meow imo. But....

You're one lucky dude !

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Gotcha. So far I've listed every CF option except the steering wheel (like the one you have better) Almost identical to the XPA in my cab but with the tip buttons, that's the way to go.

The problem I have deciding is what to do w/ the PCM & seat backs. Either going to leave them alone or more likey will order the PCM in Alum look w/ matching seat backs or may even order it leather. If they made it in CF to flow along w/ CF vents and the trim strip then along the doors and down to the rear consule that would be the cats meow imo. But....

You're one lucky dude !

Aluminum looks nice for the PCM!

RC,

Question - It looks from the pics like the painted seat backs also cover the metal piece under the seat bottom where the seat controls are. Yes or no ? Do you know, does this also hold true if you order Alum look ? I thought it was only the seat BACK.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,

Question - It looks from the pics like the painted seat backs also cover the metal piece under the seat bottom where the seat controls are. Yes or no ? Do you know, does this also hold true if you order Alum look ? I thought it was only the seat BACK.

The standard look is aluminum.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,

No it's the Vulcan Grey. In my 997 anyway it is.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,

No it's the Vulcan Grey. In my 997 anyway it is.

Whoops, my bad! You're right.

Re: And again...another batch of new 997 Turbo (Mr. Turbo) p

I love the PCCB/Yellow seatbelt combo!!!! Looks stunning! Congratulations on a very very mean car RC!

Oh RC, that looks awesom, I envy you! The seatbelts in combo with the calipers and an all blacked out car look awesome. I don't find the missing of yellow stitches bothering. hehe, you should not complain! Enjoy this little monster, and treat us with some wallpapers soon, for this is my dreamcar/dreamcolor combo!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    RC said:
    Just wondering if removing the black foam from the airfilter box may have a positive impact on engine sound.
    I wonder why it is actually there...the black foam doesn't make much sense.

Its likely an additional filter, AWE offers foam filters as do several other tuners. Seems like a high flow air filter may yeild significant gains. I agree with your point about the wheels looking darker in person, more like Titanium. I saw the car in person for the first time 2 days ago and was really impressed by the looks of the wheels. Much more agressive and less "bling" than in the photos. The car I saw was silver but Black looks much better.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

ps: I'm now leaning for the 1st time towards the tip instead of the stick.

I understand tip has more turbo lag. Something to consider...maybe?

Quote:
    RC said:
    I already saw many Turbos but this car looks mean...real mean. The pictures really don't show it too well but the rims actually look much darker (pretty close to a dark titanium) in reality and together with the black paint...just a dream.

I can't agree more with you this pic is the perfect angle to show off with his "angry face"

What a car RC. Can't wait to hear your reviews

Congrats on the car, RC!

I actually believe that yellow stitching would look tiring after a while - silver stitching looks much more elegant in my eyes.

RC why did you not go for the yellow dials ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802631 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448380 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265921 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89921 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6395 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885331 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832132 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM