Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: And again...another batch of new 997 Turbo (Mr. Turbo) pics

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    RC why did you not go for the yellow dials ?

He wants black.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Basalt black met. painted seat backs. Looks nice but I'm afraid I didn't think this through too well...little hint: kids in the rear.

So does 3M make clear armor shield film for the back of the seat backs yet??

RC, uve outdone yourself, the yellow accents look mean!!! and i agree about the seat shells lol, had the same problem when i sat in one and broke my knees!!!

Re: And again...another batch of new 997 Turbo (Mr. Turbo) p

are black dials an option for those of you who've ordered later than a launch car?

I suffered the same fate as RC by ordering a launch car, and not being able to acheive serval options I wanted.

BUT having the car now definetly outweighs the missing minor options. Stitching obviously not retro-fitable, but black dials, and illuminated door sill insigna in CF...will definetly be something I'll be trying to get my hands on soon...

Quote:
    RC said:
    It is a pitty the yellow stitching wasn't available, this is actually the only thing missing. And I would have loved to have black dials instead of the white/silver ones (incl. Sport Chrono clock) but again...bad luck of early buyers.

Lookin' good and getting close to the big day to drive her home.

I have the white dials too, and I like the way they act as a background with the dials lighted up at night, so still not too shabby.

too much beautiful

Quote:
    RC said:
    Still fighting for a Saturday release of the car but if my car documents arrive til Thursday, it should be possible. I'll keep the fingers crossed.

FWIW, it looks like the first car(s) have been delivered already (Monday) in Switzerland...

Your car is the best looking combo

Quote:
    It is a pitty the yellow stitching wasn't available, this is actually the only thing missing. And I would have loved to have black dials instead of the white/silver ones (incl. Sport Chrono clock) but again...bad luck of early buyers.

agreed on the black dials! but yellow stitching? it looks much more classy this way IMO.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    I really like the yellow seat belts with the Yellow calipers.

My first impression as well. Looks menacing

RC, hot damn! That's the best company car I've ever seen! I love the fine details you've chosen. Many congratulations - I know you are going to simply love that beast!

Nice I like a lot the carbon trim on the central console.

Quote:
    pierre said:
    FWIW, it looks like the first car(s) have been delivered already (Monday) in Switzerland...

Porsche sends out the car documents pretty late and not without a reason. If the swiss dealer already got the car documents and if he is willing to take the "risk" of breaching contract with PAG, so be it. I already know of two US dealers who did the same, probably without knowing about the consequences IF Porsche finds out. Trust me, I know what happened to one dealer, it was a pretty expensive experience for him, not to speak about the fact that he lost some advantages. No, it wasn't my dealer.

And besides the car documents/contract breaching issues, there is another issue: the (non-)availability of showcars.
    Most dealers in Germany for example already sold their launch car since they usually got only one car til Sept., with the exception of the large dealerships which received two cars. So if interested customers are showing up at the dealers, no car to show to them. This is why my dealer asked me to leave the car with him on Saturday, so he can show it to interested customers who may come based on the huge newspaper advertisement my dealer (and other dealers in other german cities) ordered. There are "centralized" Turbo launch events throughout Germany Friday evening and the PZ Munich (Schleibinger Str.) for example has a Turbo on display for customers already starting Friday in the morning but thats it, you probably don't get to see any Turbo after June 26th til earliest end of August at ANY german dealership. Unless the manager/owner of the dealership decided to get himself a Turbo, which is doubtful.

And if you're referring to a "who gets his car first" competition: I'm not that hot getting the car as you might think. The reason is simple...just check the threads in the past.

Always one step ahead, Pierre...

BTW there's a 997TT in GT silver at Porsche Centre Mayfair (London)....I saw it on Sunday.

RC, I love your floor mats with the lovely Turbo profile/silhouette

The PCCBs and the seatbelts along with the carbon makes the blk/blk combo look great. PZ Köln has a boring blk/blk Turbo with no interesting options.

Enjoy!!!!! Matt

P.S. I went 210 km/h on the Autobahn last week. What an exciting experience. I must move here....

Quote:
    MattTheCarNut said:

P.S. I went 210 km/h on the Autobahn last week. What an exciting experience. I must move here....

You guys are funny. My old mom does that speed in her station wagon...

Quote:
    TEE1 said:
    Quote:
    MattTheCarNut said:

You guys are funny. My old mom does that speed in her station wagon...

Hey, I was in the dealership's A3 S-Line Diesel. It seemed pretty fast. HA! I just can't believe it's legal.

Quote:
    MattTheCarNut said:
    The PCCBs and the seatbelts along with the carbon makes the blk/blk combo look great. PZ Köln has a boring blk/blk Turbo with no interesting options.

Enjoy!!!!! Matt

You poor, poor people... Everybody in Germany does this in Volkswagen diesel wagons daily .
    Nice to hear you enjoyed yourself !

I was racing a motorbike on the AB at about 290 kph when I saw two police cars ahead. The AB was unrestricted but I slowed down and pulled in behind the police cars (travelling at about 225 kph). The bike overtook me and the two police cars at high speed and disappeared.

The police did absolutely nothing and just ignored the bike. I followed the police cars out of my old habits before I moved to Germany, the land of the free. The ROW is so not-a-good-place to drive fast.

Quote:
    AUM said:

The police did absolutely nothing and just ignored the bike.

What else could they have done in their VW Passat or Opel Omega ?

RC, congrats on a fantastic car
    Looks so stunning in black with those yellow calipers and yellow seat-belts
    Only four days to go until you finally can play with her

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    pierre said:

Porsche sends out the car documents pretty late and not without a reason. If the swiss dealer already got the car documents and if he is willing to take the "risk" of breaching contract with PAG, so be it. I already know of two US dealers who did the same, probably without knowing about the consequences IF Porsche finds out. Trust me, I know what happened to one dealer, it was a pretty expensive experience for him, not to speak about the fact that he lost some advantages. No, it wasn't my dealer.

And besides the car documents/contract breaching issues, there is another issue: the (non-)availability of showcars.
    Most dealers in Germany for example already sold their launch car since they usually got only one car til Sept., with the exception of the large dealerships which received two cars. So if interested customers are showing up at the dealers, no car to show to them. This is why my dealer asked me to leave the car with him on Saturday, so he can show it to interested customers who may come based on the huge newspaper advertisement my dealer (and other dealers in other german cities) ordered. There are "centralized" Turbo launch events throughout Germany Friday evening and the PZ Munich (Schleibinger Str.) for example has a Turbo on display for customers already starting Friday in the morning but thats it, you probably don't get to see any Turbo after June 26th til earliest end of August at ANY german dealership. Unless the manager/owner of the dealership decided to get himself a Turbo, which is doubtful.

And if you're referring to a "who gets his car first" competition: I'm not that hot getting the car as you might think. The reason is simple...just check the threads in the past.

Always one step ahead, Pierre...

RC,

May I ask why you're not "hot" for the car?

First production cars (reliability?) or the inability to spec as desired?

Thanks,
    Chris

fantastic car christian... you specced it very well..like you said the radio surround in black will look much better than the volcano grey..congrats again!!

RC,
    You had a 997 w/ PSE right?
    Have you given any thought to what you're gonna do w/ the turbo?
    That's something I've been thinking about, my 997 sounds so good now, fraid I'm going to miss the PSE quite a bit.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,
    You had a 997 w/ PSE right?
    Have you given any thought to what you're gonna do w/ the turbo?
    That's something I've been thinking about, my 997 sounds so good now, fraid I'm going to miss the PSE quite a bit.

Mr. Dürheimer promised a sport exhaust for the Turbo. I hope he keeps his word. If not, I'll look into an aftermarket product.

Quote:
    devo said:
    RC,

May I ask why you're not "hot" for the car?

First production cars (reliability?) or the inability to spec as desired?

Thanks,
    Chris

The answer is very simple: because I already know the car.

RC,
    Lovely car.Very like I would like mine to be. Have you seen yellow clock dials and would that look good?
    On another matter I have a cayenne tt with power kit, can you take away like 997tt with pedal on accelerator and foot on break then release? sorry for the Cayenne question guys.

WOW! RC talking about aftermarket exhausts! I recall RC saying that he wouldn't consider anything like that. I'm honestly surprised to hear you say that. But any ideas when Porsche will come out with a sports exhaust for the 997TT?

wow, the car looks great! As for the stitching...couldn't you order a set of seats with yellow stitching through the Exclusive dept?

Nice Car RC, I noticed that my car have almost exactly the same spec except for mine beaing a manual.

The look like car twins

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764258 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436454 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261014 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257947 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876822 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808856 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM