Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Say Hello to Mr. Turbo...

someone knows if Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) is standard for all contries?? cause i bought my TT and i dont know idea if it will have it and my dealer too.

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    congrats rc! she looks awesome!!! BTW did the CT have a problem??? the coolant temperature gauge hit the red line.....cant be normal..

The coolant temp did look pretty high indeed?

Re: A few replies various questions

Enjoy, RC. We love the Lake Garda area and stay at the Hotel Bellerive on golfo di Salo. Beautiful area to relax and recharge the batteries! Hope you have nice weather and a great holiday and then return to your new tt!

Quote:
    RC said:
    More answers:

1. I would prefer my wife over Angelina Jolie ANYTIME because she isn't ugly either and I like blondes more.
    2. I'm at Lago di Garda (lake Garda) right now in North Italy.
    3. my Cayenne Turbo Powerkit really amazes me each and every day, power is pretty good and it is no secret that the Cayenne Turbo S uses the same hardware AND same software like the Powerkit Turbo, meaning that no Powerkit car should have less than 521 HP.
    4. there was some sort of protective stuff on my 997 Turbo, this is why it looks like two different colour tones. The car just came down the trailer, there was no time for cleaning it.
    5. the shifter is not painted in ext. colour, I got the carbon package and the shifter is part of it. Carbon looks very nice in the 997 Turbo, I'll post more pictures as soon as the whole protective sheets inside the car are removed.
    6. the back of the front seats is painted in ext. colour, nice option, will definetely post pictures too next week.

Thanks for the kind words, guys and sorry for the short reply but right now I'm using the TV in my hotel room for internet access because some jack.ss moved the antenna of the hotel lobby access point and I don't have any signal in my room anymore. I plan to correct this problem later on when nobody is in hotel lobby anymore. Thanks god I have a powerful Atheros WLan card in my UMPC, even with the correct position of the antenna in the lobby, the signal is only at around 20 dB in my room since the rooms aren't supposed to have WLan access.

Very nice lago di Garda!

Have you visited Desenzano sul Garda?
    A great place to do shopping for your wife.....

I am happy for you RC It' s a very exiting time when one discovers his new toy.

Today there is the official presentation of the 997TT at my dealers...and I am on the list to try it as soon as possible

Next week I will be at Le Castelet for a Porsche week end. Rumours say there will be a 997TT and a GT3 to try!!! The big boss of AMAG , which imports all Porsche to Switzerland) will be there, so that rumour could well be the truth..... Can't wait to be there

When people get to drive these cars at the launch events are they driving the launch cars that people have already bought? If so do the dealers let them drive fairly hard or must they take it easy for the sake of the poor owners who get the car after this abuse?

Congrats!

Quote:
    trip said:
    When people get to drive these cars at the launch events are they driving the launch cars that people have already bought? If so do the dealers let them drive fairly hard or must they take it easy for the sake of the poor owners who get the car after this abuse?

Dealers get demo cars ( usually). At my dealer I can take the car and go for an one hour drive by myself ( not the day of the presentation, in the week that follows it). I am encouraged to drive it hard...

Do the people who buy the launch cars receive a dicount? What happens to these thrashed Turbos? Thanks for your replies.

Congratulations, RC! I'm sure you'll want to drive even faster on your return home!

Be safe, and Enjoy!

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    ... I'm sure you'll want to drive even faster on your return home! ...

You could be absoltely right about this.

Only one problem-CT engine could get overheated!
    Did you see the coolant temperature on his CT pic while doing 275km/h? Almost at red zone(120!)...
    Same problem with my brothers CT-way too high coolant temperature at high speed driving(specially in summer).

nice car!!!
    congrat

Very nice car, RC! Enjoy it!

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Only one problem-CT engine could get overheated!
    Did you see the coolant temperature on his CT pic while doing 275km/h? Almost at red zone(120!)...
    Same problem with my brothers CT-way too high coolant temperature at high speed driving(specially in summer).

And does it actually come down when you start driving at more normal speeds?

Rami, this is very strange and interesting at the same time... When you drive CT(my brother has same power kit version as RC-500hp) till around 250km/h(speedo) no tepmerature rise but, if you push it till the end it goes up! In winter time it almost never happened but, hotter summer time... My brother car was checked several times becuase of this and they did not find anything wrong! They even said to him that CT like somehow higher temperature then normal!! Until its not in red area everything is OK.
    This is one of the major reasons that my brother is selling his CT...
    BTW, also regarding speed-CT(power kit) is slower on autobahn then F430 or Gallardo. We drove all three of them yesterday from Zagreb till Crikvenica(at Adriatic coast) and CT could not hold with these two...

Fantastic car!! great colour combo and the yellow seat-belts together with the PCCB is awesome!

Here in Sweden we have the official turbo introduction already on Wednesday the 21:st next week due to that we have "midsummer eve" on friday.. So I think Sweden will be first out

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,
    I just realized something. I thought you had to have the triangle airbag w/ the tip but you have the sports steering wheel. Is that available in the US too?

I had thought this was one draw-back of the tip that was really bugging me, I don't like the traingular airbag. I was 75% for the manual 25% fo the tip a month ago but it's more like 50/50 now. (lots of days recently commuting in heavy traffic). I think I'm hoping like anything you can order the tip like yours w/ that wheel.

Know of at least two 997TT Tips being built in July for US mkt w/XPA option....thicker sports steering wheel w/round airbag...

Thanks.
    It looks soooooo much better this way w/ XPA like on RC's car.
    Driving in this morning (Beautiful Sunny morning Mid 70's) was thinking about how the tip might be for me.

Question - When I'm driving stick I and driving aggressive I use a lower gear and let the revs control some part of slowing down w/ out touching the brakes. The car is very controllable in this regard. How does the tip handle this ? When you let off the gas does the car slow up or does it perform like other automatic's and glide more? Or does it depend if you're in full auto vs. using the tip's gears manually? I know I really need to drive one but just curious. tia.

Quote:
    Lukas said:
    Here in Sweden we have the official turbo introduction already on Wednesday the 21:st next week due to that we have "midsummer eve" on friday.. So I think Sweden will be first out

Sorry, but here, in Switzerland, it is today!!! the 17th!!!!

Stradale
    that's exactly how I do it. And that's why a manual is so much fun.
    Quote:
    and let the revs control some part of slowing down w/ out touching the brakes

I can hear the sound..
    I just had a TIP on my Carrera and doing the same is just kind of 'artifical'.
    My 997TT will be manual/LSD.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,
    I just realized something. I thought you had to have the triangle airbag w/ the tip but you have the sports steering wheel. Is that available in the US too?

I had thought this was one draw-back of the tip that was really bugging me, I don't like the traingular airbag. I was 75% for the manual 25% fo the tip a month ago but it's more like 50/50 now. (lots of days recently commuting in heavy traffic). I think I'm hoping like anything you can order the tip like yours w/ that wheel.

Know of at least two 997TT Tips being built in July for US mkt w/XPA option....thicker sports steering wheel w/round airbag...

Thanks.
    Driving in this morning (Beautiful Sunny morning Mid 70's) was thinking about how the tip might be for me.

Question - When I'm driving stick I and driving aggressive I use a lower gear and let the revs control some part of slowing down w/ out touching the brakes. The car is very controllable in this regard. How does the tip handle this ? When you let off the gas does the car slow up or does it perform like other automatic's and glide more? Or does it depend if you're in full auto vs. using the tip's gears manually? I know I really need to drive one but just curious. tia.

Agree...not a fan of the triangular airbag center either...and pleased that 997TT steering wheel is ?5mm smaller diam than 996TTS'....

At least on 996TTS Tip (I presume 997TT Tip software will be more aggressive and "smarter", esp in Sport mode, which will be default setting for me except in rain), car tranny glides, w/SL55/65-like smoothness

I always drive in auto mode, as I find Tip buttons ergonomically worthless (really wish P adopted '07 SL55/65 paddle-shifters, esp since they buy the tranny from MB)....and I'm told by much better drivers than me that they're faster in auto mode around track than when using manual mode....

Will be intrigued to see if 99%ile rennteam drivers (i.e., good amateurs, but not pros) will be faster around N-ring (bumpy mtn road equiv) in 997TT Tip in auto vs manual mode ...my guess is human inputs, if anything, will slow/destabilize the networked systems of 997TT Tip...

Another consideration for mtce-averse guys who aggressively drive, esp in hilly settings: don't have clutch replacement downtime/cost w/Tip....

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:BTW, also regarding speed-CT(power kit) is slower on autobahn then F430 or Gallardo. We drove all three of them yesterday from Zagreb till Crikvenica(at Adriatic coast) and CT could not hold with these two...

Well, you are comparing a truck to two world-class sportscars

Grant, you are jumping to the conclusion! RC posted few days ago that his CT is faster(or at least fast as) F430 Spider! You need to read every post...
    I also comment then that something like that(CT faster then F430) is not very likely and that F430 driver probably let RC win...

As for the triangular vs sport steering wheel. You can get any combination you want with tip vs manual. The only thing you CAN'T get which is what I originally wanted is the thicker spokes with the triangular steering wheel. I've since then grown to like the circular design and the thicker spoke design especially after I've driven one with it.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Grant, you are jumping to the conclusion! RC posted few days ago that his CT is faster(or at least fast as) F430 Spider! You need to read every post...
    I also comment then that something like that(CT faster then F430) is not very likely and that F430 driver probably let RC win...

I was only kidding - no offense intended

Quote:
    Bending said:
    Stradale
    that's exactly how I do it. And that's why a manual is so much fun.
    Quote:
    and let the revs control some part of slowing down w/ out touching the brakes

I can hear the sound..
    I just had a TIP on my Carrera and doing the same is just kind of 'artifical'.
    My 997TT will be manual/LSD.

Yeah, there's positives & negatives to each. Have a feeling this is going to be a tough decision fo me. On one hand it's attractive to me that the tip will give me the edge at stop lights and even more importantly will probably make my everyday commute easier, maybe even prodding me to use the car more often. On the other hand the same things that make it easier while commuting will detract from some of the pleasure you get with shifting while out in the open. Dun no. Luckily I have some time before the turbo cab arrives . Looking forward to reading owner opinion's of the stick & tip.

Also RC, I'm sure when you can you'll post some more pics. Very interested in seeing the parts of your CF interior, especially the tip/rear consule area. I'm thinking about doing all CF including the vents & doors.

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,

Thanks.

Agree...not a fan of the triangular airbag center either...and pleased that 997TT steering wheel is ?5mm smaller diam than 996TTS'....

At least on 996TTS Tip (I presume 997TT Tip software will be more aggressive and "smarter", esp in Sport mode, which will be default setting for me except in rain), car tranny glides, w/SL55/65-like smoothness

I always drive in auto mode, as I find Tip buttons ergonomically worthless (really wish P adopted '07 SL55/65 paddle-shifters, esp since they buy the tranny from MB)....and I'm told by much better drivers than me that they're faster in auto mode around track than when using manual mode....

Will be intrigued to see if 99%ile rennteam drivers (i.e., good amateurs, but not pros) will be faster around N-ring (bumpy mtn road equiv) in 997TT Tip in auto vs manual mode ...my guess is human inputs, if anything, will slow/destabilize the networked systems of 997TT Tip...

Another consideration for mtce-averse guys who aggressively drive, esp in hilly settings: don't have clutch replacement downtime/cost w/Tip....

Thanks VKSF.
    I thought the Cab/PCCB car was going to be expensive before, adding the tip is going to add to crazyness ($ wise). With the interior options I want plus the above I bet the car is going to approach $165k + Ouch. Ya only live once.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

sure he let him win..come on , CT has the same HP than gallardo and 430 but with an extra 1000kg and the cx is also double ..

Quote:
    Crash said:
    So the Powerkit makes the Turbo S unnecessary. Are you taking your kids to Gardaland?
    Good luck with the antenna placement, double-o-seven .

The Turbo S costs practically the same money as a powerkit equipped car with the same options. Guess why that is so? So it is actually the other way around, buying the Turbo S is the better choice since you get a Turbo S with the insignia and of course the Turbo S and more power data in the car documents.

We were today at Gardaland, it was nice weather and my CT was still on the parking lot when we returned.
    Look how happy my boy was when we returned to the hotel, he loves to play with the CT...of course only after I removed the key. The car in front of us is the new BMW M6 btw.

Forgot to mention: the antenna problem has been taken care of tonight. Miraculously, I have now a 55 db signal in my room, don't know what happened.
    Look at my equipment in my lap, the bluetooth keyboard is only needed for Rennteam.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802676 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448393 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265934 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89935 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6415 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885364 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832220 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM