Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Whats the best exhaust for the Turbo

I'm starting to look for a low mile 03-04TT. Its simply amazing how mod-friendly this car is. The car will be a daily driver as i dont like driving my 360 all the time - too much attention.

I've already started to look into mods. I was going to get a RUF exhaust and ECU - however a good friend informed me that the RUF is simply a gutted Turbo exhaust (is this true?).

Other than that, i'm looking at kreisseg and 9ff. The Kreisseg is pretty pricey and i'm not sure how long it takes to get one. My friend (who told me about the RUF scam) suggested I check out the 9ff exhaust. Sounds pretty sweet. I like the ability to "mute" the exhaust, and the power gains of 38HP sounds pretty respectable.

I know that these guys are pretty new. I read about a couple of their cars in excellence (awful magazine) and understand that they build stupid powerful turbo motors and set a speed record last year.

Does anybody know anything more about them? I mean, 388kph is great and all, but i dont need all that - just something to keep me smiling when i'm not driving my Fcar.

Any suggestions??

Re: Whats the best exhaust for the Turbo

one word for you EUROPIPE and I wish I hd someone say this to me like this, that way I would have save thousands on GHL exhausts and stuff like that...

Go to www.europipe.be talk to them they're SUPER friendly amd make the most powerful exhausts for the Turbo specially before 4000revs (exception for some fabspeed which almost straight pipes and unbearable on the street.)

EUROPIPE stage II loud ... there is no substitute

Question is what are you looking for...power or sound or a little of both?

RUF makes great cars...9ff is kind of new to the scene. Nothing RUF does is a scam BTW.

I use Europipes!

The Europipe exhaust has minimal resonance, great build quality (probably the best), great sound, and makes reasonable power.

i've looked into europipe, the power and sound was actually kinda weak. Not that loud. Sounded pretty similar to stock. You certainly dont hear turbos whistling.

Fabspeed has way too much resonance for me. What i meant about the RUF scam is that i heard that they weld an extra set of tips on.

Quote:
    tinbomber said:
    i've looked into europipe, the power and sound was actually kinda weak. Not that loud. Sounded pretty similar to stock.

Not that loud? It must not have been a EP 2 Loud then. Mine is MUCH louder than stock.

Quote:
    Dock (Atlanta) said:
    Quote:
    tinbomber said:
    i've looked into europipe, the power and sound was actually kinda weak. Not that loud. Sounded pretty similar to stock.

Not that loud? It must not have been a EP 2 Loud then. Mine is MUCH louder than stock.

Yep.

And I have Milltek's 996TT/GT2 100cell cat setup-just a little more resonance but not much louder than stock, and it seems to fit well with my power upgrade.

I admit that it was a video, but in the video it just didnt seem that loud.Like i said, i want to hear some whistlin turbos (like in the fabspeed video) just without all the fabspeed resonance.

heres the 9ff exhaust video if that other link is broken...

http://shop.eurocarboutique.com/Gen_II_9ff_VAriotune_Sports__P63C87.cfm

Quote:
    tinbomber said:
    i've looked into europipe, the power and sound was actually kinda weak. Not that loud. Sounded pretty similar to stock. You certainly dont hear turbos whistling.

From a video...come on...I have the Quiets and they are much loader than stock...they sound intoxicating.

I can guarantee you the Europipe doesn't even come close to the stock sound! They are much louder and deeper.

Guys! Rest your case! If Tinbomber doesn't care about Europipe...well there's nothing else we can do than providing our great experience with Europipe. If he wants to pay a ton of money for a 9ff...

You'll probably regret after you hear an Europipe in the flesh, specially if you buy a first generation 9ff which actually lost power on close mode and was ridiculously loud on open mode...

May I just ask a quick question here. What would be the best exhaust system for C4S, since really not so many people around in 996 board, I have to squeeze in here and ask. Thanks for the help!!

Deedee, I had the factory PSE on my '02 targa and I loved the sound. It doesn't add any power but it's hard to do it on the NA cars with just an exhaust change.

yes, I believe so..... Thanks for your help!!

9ff is a quality product. I worked with the guys from Eurocar Boutique advising them how to market the exhaust.

Moneywise, its only $1,500 more than the Europipe and you do get the switching technology. Remember the Europipe gains tail off badly after 4500 rpm which is why none of the tuners recommend it for high hp applications.

The Europipe does sound nice and has great construction. Also consider the Cargraphic....really the best combo of gains with little resonance.

Anyone try the 996TT exhaust from AWE Tuning?

check this out:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44909

ok i didn't read the above comments, but let me guess. EUROPIPE?

Europipe is the best exhaust money can buy for Porsche (they make other system other than Turbo). the product, the service, Stef as a owner, can't say enough good thing about them!

Europipe's get louder as they age.

Quote:
    Shark01 said:
    9ff is a quality product. I worked with the guys from Eurocar Boutique advising them how to market the exhaust.

Moneywise, its only $1,500 more than the Europipe and you do get the switching technology. Remember the Europipe gains tail off badly after 4500 rpm which is why none of the tuners recommend it for high hp applications.

The Europipe does sound nice and has great construction. Also consider the Cargraphic....really the best combo of gains with little resonance.

They can also make you a custom exhaust with 85 mm piping, such as they did with Chad's Killer Angel.

Europipe is the best you can get IMHO. I now have the Model 800 on my car (this is their latest model and sounds quite a bit more agressive than the Stage II Loud) and I just LOVE it.

I'm anxious to see what they develope for the 997 turbo, from what I've seen, Europipe is amazing.

Quote:
    ebaker said:
    Europipe's get louder as they age.

Like a fine wine....

Quote:
    trip said:
    I'm anxious to see what they develope for the 997 turbo, from what I've seen, Europipe is amazing.

I can't wait for that one either

I can't wait to have the Europipe stage II loud installed now. Should be done next week.

Just one question: Stef from Europipe tells me no reprogramming is required to adapt to the reduced back-pressure since the engine management would adapt itself autonomously based on new parameters. My TT is bone stock and with the EP stage II backpressure is said to reduce from 0,36 Bar / 5.30 psi at 6500 rpm for the stock exhaust to a low 0,15 Bar / 2.20 psi at 6500 rpm.

Someone told me I should be careful on this and consider a reprogramming especially since I take the car for track-days 5 or 6 times a year. I emphasize that I'm (not yet) looking to add HP. 420 stock HP is sufficient so far.

Reprogramming or not
    Any knowledgeable advice would be welcome

I had my Europipe long before the RS Tuning ECU was fitted and there was no problem whatsoever even with tracking, you'll even get an extra 0,1bar of turbo pressure and the ECU will make up for it the same way it changes the A/F ratio with altitude. Still if you want to be 100% sure dymo your car before and 500miles after on a dyno with A/F ratio monitoring.

I'm 100% sure you will love it Phil

Even if your not looking to add power, Europipe claims to add 17-18hp depending on which stage you choose.

Just wanted to let you guys know how it went. Thanks for all the advice.

well, i finally got my car and wound up putting the 9ff exhaust on it. Shark was right on - thanks for your help! The guys at Eurocar were a pleasure to work with. I had my exhaust installed the following week.

Its been about 1 month now....and NO resonance at all. The sounds is killer in both modes, there really is nothing out there that sounds quite like this (maybe, maybe cargraphic). I havent dynoes the car - but it feels noticably faster, the torque is pretty impressive.

I know that everybody recs europipe, but I have to say, although this cost a wee bit more, the sound, power and technology (switch) far outweigh the cost difference. I would handily recommend the 9ff variotune to anyone who wants a turbo exhaust with a killer sound and lots of power.

btw eurocar told me that a version is available that does not have the sound switch...its $1000 less and is available in two sound versions.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753522 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430942 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258698 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255543 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79589 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868501 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802159 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM