Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Another track day, great fun!!!

6 months ownership report.

About 11000 km, engine starting to breathe 100% now, revs more and more freely when warm.

Had my 6th track day at Val de Vienne this time. And this is following the weekend when I had the roof bars on for a surftrip (what a car! )

Tyres were new, not anymore!
    Brakes are 100% fine. Pads are getting used but plenty of life left before getting them changed.

This was a charity event with over 800 sports cars, mainly Ferraris, the whole range was present.

Gallardo spyder looks good but not as nice as F430 IMHO.
    Loved the La Mans cars, and really liked the Porsche 935.

On the track, again, it's all subjective because it depends more on the driver than the cars they drive.
    I am happy to report that once again, on the Vigeant long straight, X51 pulls away cleanly from 977S and keeps up with 996 GT3.

The M6 and M5 were BMW owned cars and there to show potential so all they were doing is drift in corners and hence be slow.

Most impressive by far for me was the Lotus Exige Cup 240 hp with compressor for 900 kgs, AWESOME CAR!!!!

Enjoy the few pics.

Re: Another track day, great fun!!!

I believe that is Signal yellow and absolutely superb!
    Great car by the way, love the early 911s!

Trofeo loudest car of all I would say, apart from the F1s of course.
    Great sound track.

This pic is from the Ferrari parade, over 200 of them, Enzo, F50, F40, mostly modern ones sadly but still quite impressive, until they all went off, all using their horns! Ridiculous sound! I was relieved not to the a Ferrari owner then!

Great pics ... thanks for sharing, seems you have had a great day....

Will you go to the Porsche Festival late August at Magny-Cours?

Quote:
    EricAlain said:

Great pics ... thanks for sharing, seems you have had a great day....

Will you go to the Porsche Festival late August at Magny-Cours?

No I won't.
    Busy, but even if I had time, I wouldn't as I had a good time this weekend but way too many cars. Too hectic, and way too busy on the track.

ah francois, i just love your pictorial features! thanks for sharing!

Quote:
    zzboba said:

Thanks Zz!
    Here's my ultimate goal, get a GT3 Cup.
    Talked to some Porsche factory guys about new GT3 and that I was interested.
    They told me that GT3 is still a road car and arguably in a limited country like France, not a lot more fun than my 911.
    Ideal combo would be to keep my car and buy a Cup car and get it to the track for track days.
    Now that's a real track car!

Next step then!!!!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

Thanks Zz!
    Here's my ultimate goal, get a GT3 Cup.
    Talked to some Porsche factory guys about new GT3 and that I was interested.
    They told me that GT3 is still a road car and arguably in a limited country like France, not a lot more fun than my 911.
    Ideal combo would be to keep my car and buy a Cup car and get it to the track for track days.
    Now that's a real track car!

Next step then!!!!

next step? i'd rather say next rocket stage

but personally, apart from limited financial resources, i'd probably miss the possibility to take it out for an easy spin on a nice backroad sometimes... or for some decent poseur action

There Nothing wrong with Having the Old Porka for every day use, Bread, Milk or a quick pick up mobile??

But I say, By the Cup for pure hang your nutz on the hot plate adrenelin!!

I tend to agree that the Trofeo's can sound awesomely loud, but they just lack that whole 911 engine over hang...

nice pics francois! seems like you had a hell of a day!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    6Most impressive by far for me was the Lotus Exige Cup 240 hp with compressor for 900 kgs, AWESOME CAR!!!!

My brother's one has 265 HP.... I do not stand a chance agains him, even on a straight line he just passes me so easely!!! ( up to 240km/h) 4.2 sec for 0 to 100 km/h..

Nice pics, can't wait till i get my GT3!

Nice report Fanch! Once you get into the realm of dedicated track cars, streets cars seem a bit tame. For me, I can only afford a dual purpose car at the moment!

Wish we could get the 240hp Exige here in the U.S. as road legal. Were you able to experience it? How does it compare to your 997S? On the street I'm sure there is no comparison, but I'm interested in how they compare on the track.

- Justin

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Most impressive by far for me was the Lotus Exige Cup 240 hp with compressor for 900 kgs, AWESOME CAR!!!!

Enjoy the few pics.

I like that Lotus! I have one on order, but it is the Exige S (around 240hp as well with a s/c) arriving end of this month!

Great pictures Fanch, wow you have already 11k km's on your car!

Merci François
    Very nice event apparently.

What a great day!

Quote:
    Justin said:
    Nice report Fanch! Once you get into the realm of dedicated track cars, streets cars seem a bit tame. For me, I can only afford a dual purpose car at the moment!

Wish we could get the 240hp Exige here in the U.S. as road legal. Were you able to experience it? How does it compare to your 997S? On the street I'm sure there is no comparison, but I'm interested in how they compare on the track.

- Justin

On twisties, the Exige Cup is faster than anything else, absolutely anything!!!
    Above 180 kmh, it loses on power, same on track with long straights, and of course much cheaper to run.

Quote:
    Fanch said:On twisties, the Exige Cup is faster than anything else, absolutely anything!!!

Except maybe Radical, Ariel and Caterham (for street cars)

Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    There Nothing wrong with Having the Old Porka for every day use, Bread, Milk or a quick pick up mobile??

But I say, By the Cup for pure hang your nutz on the hot plate adrenelin!!

nice digs

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:On twisties, the Exige Cup is faster than anything else, absolutely anything!!!

Which are too radical IMHO. Yes street legal, but our buddy drove the four hours motorway journey with us, with his weekend bag in the small boot and was perfectly fine.

The Exige 240 is as extreme as I would go. We were all extremely impressed by what that car can do.
    If you're a top speed freak, forget about it, but once again, on open country roads, it is ruthlessly efficient!

I had to see it to believe it!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:

Which are too radical IMHO. Yes street legal, but our buddy drove the four hours motorway journey with us, with his weekend bag in the small boot and was perfectly fine.

The Exige 240 is as extreme as I would go. We were all extremely impressed by what that car can do.
    If you're a top speed freak, forget about it, but once again, on open country roads, it is ruthlessly efficient!

I had to see it to believe it!

Yes, at least the Exige has a roof and weather protection, but unfortunately that roof it too low for me (especially with helmet)

Quote:
    Justin said:

- Justin

I had a race with a black Exige on the NBR this week. My car overtook the Lotus after a few minutes at about the 10-km mark and gradually pulled away to about 400 metres ahead at the finish.

Quote:
    AUM said:
    Quote:
    Justin said:

- Justin

I had a race with a black Exige on the NBR this week. My car overtook the Lotus after a few minutes at about the 10-km mark and gradually pulled away to about 400 metres ahead at the finish.

Was it a standard Exige or the 240hp racer (with serious suspension and supercharged motor) that Fanch was talking about? I think they only made around 50 of them...

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    AUM said:
    Quote:
    Justin said:

- Justin

Was it a standard Exige or the 240hp racer (with serious suspension and supercharged motor) that Fanch was talking about? I think they only made around 50 of them...

i don't know. I did not get a good look at the car (it was mostly behind me) or talk to the driver.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803148 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448544 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266097 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90036 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6575 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885666 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833201 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM