Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Some new 987 Pics

Courtesy of "Rick down under" for pointing out the link

Re: Some new 987 Pics

Great photos Ron! Thanks!

What do you think of those headlights? Does this match up with the computer graphics Boxster that we have seen recently?

Looks nice! Looks like we're seeing the real thing here, finally. I like the nose much better than current.

I think I'm in the wrong line of work. It's decisions, ideas and responsibility all day long. How do I get the job where they hand me the keys to a new Porsche and say, "Here, go drive around Finland for a week and see if anything breaks?"

I'm an excellent driver!

GM,
    It seems to me the headlights are better integrated that the current ones. Less of a "toe" leading inwards, more subdued. Maybe it's just these pictures, but they give a sense of roundness with that circular etching. And the contrasting orange beneath the cut line seems to help.

Does it seem like the side intake vents are longer vertically?

Dain

Quote:
    Does it seem like the side intake vents are longer vertically?

Yes. The CG Boxster I referred to is below. The taller side intake seems to match. I am not sure if the headlights are as large as the CG version, which was probably cut and pasted from the Carrera GT. The orange stripe is camoflage I think. The real headlight is the outline you can see showing through the camo tape.

Quote:
    The orange stripe is camoflage I think. The real headlight is the outline you can see showing through the camo tape.

Really?!! Looking now, I think you may be right. And if THAT statement is correct, what about the inboard "notch" on each light? Now that I look at it, I wonder if that's also tape? Because if you look at the light, all the works seem to be in the circle.

A return to the round lights?

Yes, I think so. Not round really but I do believe that inboard notch is camo tape.

IMO the real headlights would follow more like the following pictures.

Quote:
    carrageous said:
    Quote:
    The orange stripe is camoflage I think. The real headlight is the outline you can see showing through the camo tape.

Really?!! Looking now, I think you may be right. And if THAT statement is correct, what about the inboard "notch" on each light? Now that I look at it, I wonder if that's also tape? Because if you look at the light, all the works seem to be in the circle.

A return to the round lights?

Guys, not to sound rude, but the round lights (really more slightly oval) have been obvious since day one. Every spy pic of the 987 we've seen for the last 18 months has had this feature quite evident with camo tape. If this sets of pics doesn't put the nail in the coffin, I don't know what does!

Very good shots. And this car is still heavily camoed on the rear panel and front bumper. If you look closely you'll see both an S bumper (extra radiator opening) and a base bumper in the same shot.

Quote:
    I think I'm in the wrong line of work. It's decisions, ideas and responsibility all day long. How do I get the job where they hand me the keys to a new Porsche

I am too tired of conference calls, nonsense meetings, and emails of corporate environment .

It has been more than a year that I have been seriously thinking about quitting my corporate job and do something in a nice garage that involves sports cars (what I really love ).

lol, nice pics!!! really great

I think i will love this new boxster much more than i do the current one(which i love greatly)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
    It has been more than a year that I have been seriously thinking about quitting my corporate job and do something in a nice garage that involves sports cars (what I really love ).

When you do it, I'll apply for the test driver/wine taster position!

The headlamps are very CGT'ish upon closer inspection

One word to describe the "yellow" on the headlamps...HORRIBLE

The yellow strip on the bottom hopefully is just camo tape, otherwise it looks very ugly.

Quote:
    AMGeater said:
    The headlamps are very CGT'ish upon closer inspection

Not CGT'ish at all if you ask me.
    BTW: the yellow thing and the right "corner" are "false".
    Try to imagine that around 20% of the right part of the frontlight in the picture is gone and you know how the real thing looks.

RC, one simple question: does it look good, or not?

Quote:
    brunner said:
    RC, one simple question: does it look good, or not?

Let me put it this way: I expected something more spectacular from Porsche but it looks good.

I meant that they headlights look very "CGT-ish" in their shape. Now that we know that it looks good, the question is does it look the same as the current boxster?

Quote:
    AMGeater said:
    I meant that they headlights look very "CGT-ish" in their shape. Now that we know that it looks good, the question is does it look the same as the current boxster?

Look at the yellow photoshop job in this thread, it looks very very close to the real thing. C'mon guys, I already said too much, I'm not sure Porsche is pleased if I give out so many details.

Yes.I think that the new boxster front lights will be very similiar to the carrera gt.

I think the diference is the inside lights and not the window of the lights (i hope you guys understand what i'm saying).

You can clearly see on the zoomed photo that there's a line and that the right corner is fake.

Here's my photoshop or should i say my photo paintbrush shop:PPP

Quote:
    paulorangelmelo said:
    Yes.I think that the new boxster front lights will be very similiar to the carrera gt.

I think the diference is the inside lights and not the window of the lights (i hope you guys understand what i'm saying).

You can clearly see on the zoomed photo that there's a line and that the right corner is fake.

Here's my photoshop or should i say my photo paintbrush shop:PPP

Good job. Now delete the orange thing and you have the final product. There is also a bi-xenon version which looks slightly different. But I can't see any analogy to the Carrera GT.

Yes RC...I know what you're saying or maybe i dont.

Darn...I wish i could speak english more fluently so i could try make my point.

Well....You know, it's like mixing the style of the carerra gt glass that covers the headlamps with some litle mods of the current boxster headlamps.

Did anybody undertstand what i said???I'm also confused with what i just said..

Cheers Guys...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Now delete the orange thing and you have the final product.

Like this?

paulorangelmelo, don't worry, its clear what you say, the contour on the frontlight is CGT'ish but the inside components that show though the light cover are 996/986'ish.

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Like this?

YES.

BTW: the frontlight on the picture is the version with standard lights, the bi-xenon version gets the lens and that CGT look some people might refer to (which isn't actually a CGT look but just the general look of the bi-xenon frontlights).

Yes Carlos, Exactly like that.

It's good to have a hermano here in the board.

Interesting is that of the porsches that are going to be revised, the boxster facelift was the one that less worried me.I think everybody or at least most of you had a basic idea of what the boxster would be like.

Now the 997 just freaks me out.I've thinked about everything, 993 lights, 964 lights, 993/996 lights, santa claus and playboy style lights and i just cant make a picture of what the car will look like in my head.

RC says not to worry but i'm a litle sceptical about these 997.If i like the car RC i'll buy you a ticket to come visit Azores.

Germans love Azores.(By the way the alcool in our beers is about = to 6 german beers, so most of the germans that come visit Azores get drunk very easily)

Cheers people.Have a greay weekend.

Quote:
    paulorangelmelo said:
    Germans love Azores.(By the way the alcool in our beers is about = to 6 german beers, so most of the germans that come visit Azores get drunk very easily)

Cheers people.Have a greay weekend.

There are only two problems: I love Florida and I love Diet Coke (no alcohol, ma'am).
    As I already mentioned, I saw pictures of the 997 and 987 and I'm not talking about spy pics. I like the 997 very much, even if I expected something more spectacular. As I don't have much confirmed information about the technical part, I hope Porsche makes the right decision. The 987 is a different story, it looks like a perfectly refined Boxster but nothing spectacular either. So I'm actually more disappointed with the 987 than with the 997. But there is still some time left for improvements...

May I ask: what do you want the 997 to look alike? The 996 has been a HUGE success for Porsche and they would be stupid if they'd change the design completely. A so called "retro design" wouldn't help either because I already know at least a dozend of 996 owners who never owned a Porsche before and who never liked the 993, 964 or even older 911.

One thing has to be clear: Porsche wants to sell cars and to make profit. And they did pretty well til now. If they keep that typical 911 and Boxster design, improve the interiors and make the exterior look updated, if they add substantial power and some nice new features, the new 911 and the Boxster will be a success. How big of a success? Well, the future will tell. I'm still afraid that the Cayenne took away a substantial number of potential 911 customers and the same will happen with the rumored 4-door sports sedan, if not even more than with the Cayenne.

Speculation is always a nice game...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688463 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408667 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255505 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234753 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65374 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857542 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773300 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM