Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tiff Drives the C6 Z06

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    95jersey said:

the car does come with AC, beleive it or not, we do have that technology in the US.

Sorry to say that 95 Jersey, but it is a poor answer to a remarquable post.

I didnt think so. Walter seemed pained to equate Corvette cabin temperature with driver attention or lack thereof
    in a attempt at keyboard drama review. He failed.

I suggest before hurling praise or grenades at any of these cars that you actually drive one first.

As for France and Corvettes, is it not enough goodwill
    for GM to have a brand with a French name? And even more, for that brand to have a model with a French name also?

We await the return of Citroen to America. A boatload
    of Meharis would be fun.

Jim,

I was not referring to the cars but to the short answer from 95 Jersey compared with the long post from Walter. It surprised me but it is really not a big deal.

Actually I think the Z06 is a great car and for e.g. I for once do not agree with such an illustre member as Carlos when he states the Vette is just about value for money.
    But as I never drove any sport car of my life, my opinion as you rightly pointed means nothing.

However, I am sorry to sound harsh to you but I am very disappointed to say the least about you agressive ton and most of all your many racist posts, against the French here, the Germain some weeks ago, and I also remember you denouncing the Asian not beeing able to drive some time ago.

I have never denounced the French or France. Germans I have teased because they have a sense of humor.... at times. I have not made racist comments of any type. Mocked history and politics yes.

I dont know where you got the impression that I have ever insulted France. There is nothing to insult about France,
    they are not clock punchers like .... well you get the picture!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    of Meharis would be fun.

Thanks for the sanity of the french, Citroen is really far from the best they can do, the opposite more likely. No one in their right mind would drool at a boatload of Citroens

And for the record, I don't think the tone was racist or insulting in any way, just some plain "pushing the buttons" (I am french too )

PS: meharis were fun

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    I am waiting for those monkees to play "Name That Tune."

All of these cars have thier pros and cons, different driving personalities, brand values and consumer perceptions of them. Each are fun in their own way.

Need speed and room for two kinfer in the back? The 997TT
    is unbeatable. Want raw, ruthless fun with room for a HK 21
    in the trunk? Get a Corvette. Dont want to lookpoor pulling up to the dock to take the Riva out to the bigger boat? Get a Ferrari.

Get what you want.

Don't want a Ferrari but still don't want to lookpoor? Get an Aston!

Wanna look really rich? Forget driving or the car BTW...

Merci,Sci Frog. I guess my mention of Meharis was crossing a unspoken line here.

Amazingly Astons have displaced Ferrari for the beauty crown. Ferrari has lost their way when it comes to that.

Yes, no car, no cell phone, no watch and no wallet is real status these days. Let the assistants deal with that.

What is a cell phone? Ah yes, the thing my "friend" carries around all day and makes these horrible noises...

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    That's why I like the idea of a Z06, as it will push the other supercar manufacturers to be even better.

thats correct in theory, but the the other companies (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, etc) don't view the Z as being in the same league as them, so they dont worry about it.

And when you think about it, any educated buyer who is looking for the most performance for his hard earned buck will choose the Z06. If raw, "on the edge" performance isn't as important as year round drivability as well as incredible all weather perfomance, then the 997TT will get the nod. The two cars are for 2 different types of buyers. Ferrari & Porsche know this and they are so concerned about thier own brand image & profits, that they could care less if Billy Joe Bob in his 'Vette is faster.

Nice remarks about "educated buyers" and "Billy Joe Bob". I could ask you what you are inferring, but I think it is obvious. First of all, how you put Porsche in the same catagory as Ferrari is beyond me. Secondly, maybe you think that the people at Porsche don't care about the performance of the Z06, well think again! Furthermore, those who care the most about what the Z can do vs the P-Car when it comes to performance are most folks on this forum!

lol, i honestly wasn't inferring anything about the "billy joe bob" comment i was just using some generic name, perhaps i should've used John Doe?

And i was serious when i said "educated buyer" I meant nothing derogatory by it. Anyone looking for pure bang for the buck performance should pick the Z06.

You're so used to people knocking your precious, you think everything is an attack on you/your car, i can honestly say that my post was never meant to be taken negatively

and as for your comment about Porsche making 700hp....the CGT makes 605hp and the GT2 will be pushing in the high 500's. Go back 10 years ago, nobody would've thought that there would be so many stock cars from the manufacturer with over 500hp. I think they'll get there eventually

Quote:
    95jersey said:

the car does come with AC, beleive it or not, we do have that technology in the US.

I wrote about cabin temperatures just to give you a simple example.I could have written about the foot rest,the steering wheel and steering feel,the shifting feel,the seats,...you know those little things that make the driver feel comfortable even after hours of driving.
    Cabin temperatures are imporatant because our bodies don't like temperature changes.It's a fact.
    Drive a car with no power steering and no ABS and you will understand why manufacturers develop all of those "unnecessary" electronical devices.

Also,that's a very typical problem.The Z06 has AC,it has leather seats,it has sat-nav,power windows,airbags,ESP,ABS,..
    A Kia also has thoses things,just like a Mercedes.But I think(I might be wrong) that all thoses things are a bit better in the Mercedes.

About the drivability of the Z06:
    I read the article about the time attack of Z06 on the Nurburgring.If everything in the article was correctly translated,Jan Magnussen said something like he didn't want to drive the car one more meter after the time attack.I think he did 5 laps in which the 3rd was a cool down lap(20km of slow driving).
    Now,Jan Magnussen is a very experienced professional driver.He did many many endurance races.Stints of 2 hours are very common.Conditions are sometimes very hot.He's a factory driver.So he must damn good.You need excellent stamina to be able to drive a race for so long and still clock constant lap times.

If a road car is just as demanding physically or psychologicaly as a race car and that it was actually a racing driver that pointed that out,then there's somethng terribly wrong.You could say it's because of the track.But why are there so many people participating in the 24h of the Nurburgring?
    I don't know if the article is 100% reliable.Or maybe I understood something wrong.

If I have to "fight" with the car,I will not have fun.And I think many people would say the same.

The Z06 costs 65,000$ but it's by far not as good as a 150,000$ Porsche or Ferrari.Many people will buy the Z06 and probably feel frustrated because it's too much car for them.How much fun will they have?

edit:I'm sue you think I don't even have a driving licence and that I don't know anything about driving cars.Just read the first post:
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=229821&an=0&page=0#229821

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Interesting engine weight data:

C6 Z06 - 458 lbs.
    E60 M5 - 528 lbs. (Quasi-dry sump)
    997TT - ?
    F430 - ?
    F50 - 437 lbs.
    CGT - 472 lbs.
    993TT - 590 lbs.
    McLaren F1 - 585 lbs. including ancillaries, inconel exhaust system & silencer

Sources:
    http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2266/article.html
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1144462&forum_id=100
    http://www.sikhworld.co.uk/Porsche%20911/Porsche911page8.html
    http://www.team.net/www/ktud/ferr.html

Engine weights doesn't tell the whole story too.The CGT for example doesn't need to chnage its engine coolant.It has twice as much engine coolant as for example the Lamborghini V10.
    DOHC is also very heavy.

The reason why the Corvette engine doesn't need DOHC to develop so much toruqe is only because of its displacement.
    For those who think that displacement doesn't have anything to do with torque and power should read some books.
    Another possibility would be to calculate the specific torque figures.
    If you think it's a "ricer" argument,you have no idea what you're talking about.

Big displacements do produce more frictions at high revs as a smaller engine.It means that at high revs the big engine will have a lower milage.

About the engine size:
    If the figures I read about the physical size of the Corvette engine are right,then the Lambo V10 is shorter than the American V8.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    The day a Porsche 911 makes 700HP is the day that monkees will jump out whistling Dixie. Furthermore, Porsche does not need to worry about Corvette performance. They have some of you to do it for them. But I do agree with you when you say the world isn't California. Lucky for California.

Those lucky "monkees". Riding in a Porsche, instead of a measly Corvette. Furthermore, we don't worry about Corvette performance, but we do worry when a surfer dude owner comes here, ruining a perfectly good car forum with his over-the-top posts, waving around his checkbook ("oooh...") and threatening people to blow their doors of "wif ma Vette, yo! Dude, I rock!" It gets tiring.
    Regarding California, lucky for US, that it isn't the world, otherwise we'd all have high levels of pollution and vote lumberjack Austrians as governors.
    Always a pleasure talking to you !

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    95jersey said:

Sorry to say that 95 Jersey, but it is a poor answer to a remarquable post.

I didnt think so. Walter seemed pained to equate Corvette cabin temperature with driver attention or lack thereof
    in a attempt at keyboard drama review. He failed.

I suggest before hurling praise or grenades at any of these cars that you actually drive one first.

As for France and Corvettes, is it not enough goodwill
    for GM to have a brand with a French name? And even more, for that brand to have a model with a French name also?

of Meharis would be fun.

Jim,

I was not referring to the cars but to the short answer from 95 Jersey compared with the long post from Walter. It surprised me but it is really not a big deal.

Actually I think the Z06 is a great car and for e.g. I for once do not agree with such an illustre member as Carlos when he states the Vette is just about value for money.
    But as I never drove any sport car of my life, my opinion as you rightly pointed means nothing.

However, I am sorry to sound harsh to you but I am very disappointed to say the least about you agressive ton and most of all your many racist posts, against the French here, the Germain some weeks ago, and I also remember you denouncing the Asian not beeing able to drive some time ago.

I have never denounced the French or France. Germans I have teased because they have a sense of humor.... at times. I have not made racist comments of any type. Mocked history and politics yes.

I dont know where you got the impression that I have ever insulted France. There is nothing to insult about France,
    they are not clock punchers like .... well you get the picture!

I may have overreacted here, I am sensible on the subject (French or not).

Besides my poor level of English doesn't allow me to understand all the irony and subtilities of your posts.

Well we could just recite Porches press releases and pretend this is a church.

Wouldn't that be boring.

Regarding California. Yes,the govenor was born in Austria, no he was never a lumberjack and pollution levels are probably higher near your keyboard than in Los Angeles.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Well we could just recite Porches press releases and pretend this is a church.

Wouldn't that be boring.

Regarding California. Yes,the govenor was born in Austria, no he was never a lumberjack and pollution levels are probably higher near your keyboard than in Los Angeles.

I am all for the criticising of Porsche for its failure to outclass its competition by a wide margin, but not by listening to a CORVETTE owner .
    Da govehnor of Kalifohnia was cehtainly not ah lumbahjack, but he cehtainly sounds like one.
    Regarding pollution, I take it that the LA example was again a display of your excellent sarcastic train of thought.

At least I didnt mention the states Lt. Govenor Cruuuuuuuz Bustamante or his sister,who uses the stage name "Meat Puppet."

I dont know why people pick on Austrian Immigrants in Kalifornia. Does that mean that Wolfgang Puck should not
    run for US Senator? Will you not by his canned soup ar all?
    Are you the leader of the anti strudel backlash??

Yes I am guilty of sarcasm. But to have a train of thought
    is something that I might not be able to achieve.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    At least I didnt mention the states Lt. Govenor Cruuuuuuuz Bustamante or his sister,who uses the stage name "Meat Puppet."

I dont know why people pick on Austrian Immigrants in Kalifornia. Does that mean that Wolfgang Puck should not
    run for US Senator? Will you not by his canned soup ar all?
    Are you the leader of the anti strudel backlash??

Yes I am guilty of sarcasm. But to have a train of thought
    is something that I might not be able to achieve.

That wall is way overdue. While you're at it, build an EASTERN wall, to defend your shores against massive "austhian" immigration. They'll come in on rafts and they'll make all of you eat soup. Instant soup, for that matter! You wanna achieve a sarcastic train of thought, or at least convince people that you have one? Tell everybody that there's no way you need that wall, right until you are overrun by Austrians and the cute and furry (I'll have to double check on that one) legally illegal mexican immigrants . Then, as a GRAND finale, you can say that you "MIGHT have been wrong".

We have only TWO Austrians, we are looking for a THIRD,we do have a female Kennedy relative available, so if anyone in Austria is interested.....

Dude, dont knock our illegal immigrants either. We now have Mayans from Mexico that dont even speak Spanish, hows that for cool? Just dont ask them to build a rock temple in your backyard. They might not speak Spanish or English, but they can understand her.....

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    We have only TWO Austrians, we are looking for a THIRD,we do have a female Kennedy relative available, so if anyone in Austria is interested.....

Dude, dont knock our illegal immigrants either. We now have Mayans from Mexico that dont even speak Spanish, hows that for cool? Just dont ask them to build a rock temple in your backyard. They might not speak Spanish or English, but they can understand her.....

Well, since I live next to Austria, and my German is somewhat weird, I think I'd make a perfect candidate for a third Austrian . Just fix me up with this young lady and I'll be your Ahnold von Pucknegger for as long as you want .

Oh, and get me some of those Mayans to build me a temple. I want my pets to have a place where they can worship me .

I wrote about cabin temperatures just to give you a simple example.I could have written about the foot rest,the steering wheel and steering feel,the shifting feel,the seats,...you know those little things that make the driver feel comfortable even after hours of driving.
    Cabin temperatures are imporatant because our bodies don't like temperature changes.It's a fact.
    Drive a car with no power steering and no ABS and you will understand why manufacturers develop all of those "unnecessary" electronical devices.

Also,that's a very typical problem.The Z06 has AC,it has leather seats,it has sat-nav,power windows,airbags,ESP,ABS,..
    A Kia also has thoses things,just like a Mercedes.But I think(I might be wrong) that all thoses things are a bit better in the Mercedes.

About the drivability of the Z06:
    I read the article about the time attack of Z06 on the Nurburgring.If everything in the article was correctly translated,Jan Magnussen said something like he didn't want to drive the car one more meter after the time attack.I think he did 5 laps in which the 3rd was a cool down lap(20km of slow driving).
    Now,Jan Magnussen is a very experienced professional driver.He did many many endurance races.Stints of 2 hours are very common.Conditions are sometimes very hot.He's a factory driver.So he must damn good.You need excellent stamina to be able to drive a race for so long and still clock constant lap times.

If a road car is just as demanding physically or psychologicaly as a race car and that it was actually a racing driver that pointed that out,then there's somethng terribly wrong.You could say it's because of the track.But why are there so many people participating in the 24h of the Nurburgring?
    I don't know if the article is 100% reliable.Or maybe I understood something wrong.

If I have to "fight" with the car,I will not have fun.And I think many people would say the same.

The Z06 costs 65,000$ but it's by far not as good as a 150,000$ Porsche or Ferrari.Many people will buy the Z06 and probably feel frustrated because it's too much car for them.How much fun will they have?

edit:I'm sue you think I don't even have a driving licence and that I don't know anything about driving cars.Just read the first post:
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=229821&an=0&page=0#229821

Let me first say, I do very much appreciate your views, and will go as far to say that I might agree with most of them. I am not so harded edged that I can't appreciate these amenities in my SUV or Luxo-touring. I am just not willing to pay $60k extra for them. According to Porsche,if I can only afford a $50k car, I am stuck with a lame boxster, simply becuase they choose to put the money into the amnenities while giving the better driveline to the more expensive cars.

I am not willing to give up performance to have my winshield wiper run a little smoother.

I am also a "track junkie", and compete in time trials and club races all the time. So for me, after crawling through my roll cage to get into my stripped down 500HP, 2900lbs, race suspended, monoblock calipers, full slicks, it's hard to get exicted about some Euro car with 260hp and soft street suspension that costs $60k. One that I pass about 10 times in a 30 minute track session.

Porsche is a luxury brand, there will always be something cheaper/faster.
    Porsche is also a business, they are all about profits and shareholder value. If they can sell tons of 911, Cayenne and Boxster at the current prices, why would they bring out a cheaper/faster car?

This whole thread proves one thing: very few 997TT potential buyers will consider the Corvette Z06, and most Z06 buyers don't want to pay up for the 911TT. Different market segments, so why all the comments...

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Let me first say, I do very much appreciate your views, and will go as far to say that I might agree with most of them. I am not so harded edged that I can't appreciate these amenities in my SUV or Luxo-touring. I am just not willing to pay $60k extra for them. According to Porsche,if I can only afford a $50k car, I am stuck with a lame boxster, simply becuase they choose to put the money into the amnenities while giving the better driveline to the more expensive cars.

I am not willing to give up performance to have my winshield wiper run a little smoother.

I am also a "track junkie", and compete in time trials and club races all the time. So for me, after crawling through my roll cage to get into my stripped down 500HP, 2900lbs, race suspended, monoblock calipers, full slicks, it's hard to get exicted about some Euro car with 260hp and soft street suspension that costs $60k. One that I pass about 10 times in a 30 minute track session.

Some very good points. It's a choice you have to make and if these things don't bother you, more power to you (and an extra 60k in your wallet). Of course, if you could afford the 997TT as easily as you can a Corvette, you might think differently (might).

Hey, you have to admit it turned out to be a very good post. These are kind of debates that really make it interesting to log into the forum! The best part is that we all behaved like gentleman!

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Hey, you have to admit it turned out to be a very good post. These are kind of debates that really make it interesting to log into the forum! The best part is that we all behaved like gentleman!

Yes, that's a quality that's been apparent since the day you came. Proud Corvette owner, but you behave with class and can back up your statements with solid evidence.

Quote:
    Walter said:

Does this sound like Porsche GT3?

Watch the video again, listen to Tiffs words. The car is fast,easy to drive, control and very fun.

Schlusspfiff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game over!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Watch the video again, listen to Tiffs words. The car is fast,easy to drive, control and very fun.

Schlusspfiff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game over!

That's Tiff Needel you're quoting. Do you really believe Long John Ron Average will have the skills to operate it at the same level of competency?

see tiff's sucessor in top gear shoot a corvette down!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ilL4wICrEs&search=jeremy%20clarkson
    absolutly insane (but well deserved!!)

Yes and then we have Clarksons Z06 video saying the Z06 is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE&search=top%20gear%20corvette

Clarkson said there is no reason to buy a Ferrari 575
    since the Z06 is available now.

Back to the topic

Tiff drive D1GB as well

tiff drove ferrari 599 tonight, and guess what he thought z06 was better. ronnie will be pleased.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803936 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448722 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266316 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90158 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886050 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834248 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM