Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: X51 Wait is OVER - C4S Delivered !

Looks great - wish I'd ordered those wheels!

Congratulation,

is there anything left on the option list

Nearly the same car as mine

AM

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and encouraging words! This is what it's all about - the people and the passion.

MattC: Yes, definitely a different look with the rear console and other leather additions but I was trying to make the interior bits as luxurious looking as possible while having the mechanical bits as sporting as possible. What is great about the 911 is that you can order it with dual personalities...

da duke: I stopped with putting leather on the back of the adaptive sport seats because I like the standard "Volcano Grey" color with a GT Silver exterior as they look similar and tie in to each other.

temm: You are 100% correct - I will need to keep it for a long time otherwise I will absolutely lose my a## on resale What I wanted was the classic 911 look without all the air scoops or wings of the TT or GT3 while at the same time getting as much factory perf as possible. So far I have zero buyer's remorse even with all the much deserved hype around the new TT. ESPECIALLY every time I dip the throttle on the free revving 100HP/L X51 - it's like a morphine drip for the wallet!

mumbasic: Not much left but I do wish I had gotten option CDZ (see my post here ) and possibly option DAA (Interior Pkg A Pillar Leather) but that is it. I searched on your postings and it looks like you have a C4S X51 as well. Any insights? Have you noticed any difference in the engine performance since new?

Congrats, she's a real beauty. Enjoy.

Quote:
    0two9 said:
    that is one sexy porsche.... GOOD JOB!!!!! do the kids a favor (when I was younger I would love this).... if you see some kids walking on the sidewalk....please- REV the engine.... (it may ignite a fire in them for cars)

Agreed. I'll never forget as a kid (in Detroit) when I'd see a rare sportscar (a porsche or ferrari) - I would literally stand on the corner until I couldn't see OR hear it any more. With the PSE I definitely won't be able to resist...

Spectacular car!!! That's the kind of commitment to conceptual consistency that I can appreciate. I flirted with cocoa before deciding on terracotta. Enjoy her in good health!

Quote:
    0two9 said:if you see some kids walking on the sidewalk....please- REV the engine.... (it may ignite a fire in them for cars)

That reminds me of when I was at a rest stop while driving through Austria. As I was about to pull off a woman knocks on my passenger window and asks if I would allow her 7-year old son to take a look inside. For a couple minutes his eager eyes canvassed the interior as if he were trying to memorize every component and stitch of leather. I said to his mother, "you know it's all over now?", to which she replied "Yeah . . I know. Boys and their Porsches"

When I pulled away, I made sure to activate the PSE and gunned my X-51 engine. Another satisfied (future) customer.

Love that leather steering column. Don't see that too often.

Absolutely gorgeous interior....enjoy in good health

If you had listed the options the car does not have it would have been a very short list or perhaps no list at all . This puppy has it all. Very beautiful indeed, enjoy in good health.

very nice!

Absolutely superb!
    Details such as the roof lights and steering column in leather I thought were OTT but having seen your pictures, I almost regret not getting them!
    Your car is very special!
    Enjoy and post your impressions re X51 vs S please!

Well Done!

Nice color combination, with useful options. enjoy!

Holy Holstein, that's alot of leather!! Very nice, I'm envious. I wish I had gone the extra mile with some more leather (especially the console). But then again, when I see older Porsches at shows, or for sale used, the ones that have alot of optional leather trimmings don't stand up well to time. Not so much the dash and doors, but all the little rigid shrouds, bezels, and bits and pieces, like ash tray lids, column shrouds, a-pillars, etc... But plenty of that depends on climate, storage, exposure to elements, etc.... I've got the E36 package, that trims out the upper dash/defroster area, and the a/c vents, and I'm keeping my eye on those areas like a hawk.

I could not agree with you more. When I ordered my 997S, I wanted the clean, classic, pure and most BEAUTIFUL 911 design. I would have given anything to have more power (I ordered well before the X-51 was released), but not at the expense of driving an overwrought/ruined car. So the Turbo and the GT3 just aren't a consideration for me. If I want to go faster than my 997S, I'll have to jump-ship to a different manufacturer where I can get my cake and eat it too.

BTW, anybody seen the new AutoWeek featuring the Ferrari 599?? Now THERE'S power, performance and good style in one package!!! Now if only I had $250K +++ to blow on a car burning a hole in my pocket..

Re: Well Done!

Love all that leather. The leather steering column and headliner look incredible. You have one beautiful C4S. Now go out and drive the wheels off of it.

Re: Well Done!

Well spec car! Congrats and enjoy!

Congrats....beautiful car

Have spec'd a blk/blk Jul build 997TT w/similar extensive leather options (and also will get an early 599 for my comparo testing )....would argue a well-spec'd 997 interior is more elegant/ergonomic than that of any $300K+ F (or any AM/B/L, etc) I've ever seen

And given the rapid evolution of automotive engine/tranny/brake/chassis, etc techs (and hopefully future wt-reducing materials), who would keep any car more than a couple of yrs anyway? ....so wouldn't worry too much about how extensive leather holds up vs habits/hygiene of used P/F buyers....

Tlsmithx....
    Looks superb...nice job!!! If you get a chance, will you photograph the B pillar outlet in Alulook....I've never seen this in a coupe...Many Thanks

Great job equipping the car, and then documenting it for us here with pics. And I thought I went overboard with leather!

Dan

997 S Cabriolet 6-speed
    98 Non-Metallic Paint to Sample (3AS Blue Turquoise)(Türkis-Blau)
    06 Natural Leather Brown
    V9 Black Top
    CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather
    CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
    CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
    CZD Interior Light Cover Leather
    M6H Brown Floor Mats
    P01L Adaptive Sports Sts Lthr Int
    XCZ Sport Shifter
    XLF Sport Exhaust System
    XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
    XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
    XRR 19" Carrera Sport wheel
    XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather
    XTV Door Finishers Lthr
    267 Self Dimming Mirrors
    342 Heated Front Seats
    446 Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
    450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
    451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
    482 TPMS
    498 Delete Model Designation
    509 Fire Extinguisher
    550 Hard Top
    640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
    672 Extended Nav Module
    680 Bose High End Sound Package
    692 Remote CD Changer
    801 Makassar Package
    TD5 Tourist Delivery (13 June 06)

what a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. I soiled my pants ..

brb ...

Wow ..

That is the sexiest combo ive seen .. honestly .. thats the pantie dropper right there !

Wow - that is almost a carbon copy of my C4S order (GT Silver, X51, Cocoa Interior, May build). I could not quite stomach going over a base turbo in price so it has the regular brakes and just a couple aluminum trim items on the inside. My 2 big questions marks were whether or not to buy a C2S cab or a C4S, and whether or not to spring for the X51. (I live in a snow state so the extra traction has real value 5 months of the year.) Which leads to the big question - how does it drive vs your C2S Cab??

CONGRATS tlsmithx, GREAT Car, GREAT Spec

wow, what was the msrp on that? Almost Turbo territory ?
    It is stunning never the less, wow a beauty!

Quote:
    jfraser said:
    Tlsmithx....
    Looks superb...nice job!!! If you get a chance, will you photograph the B pillar outlet in Alulook....I've never seen this in a coupe...Many Thanks

Congrats- stunning machine, tlxsmith....This interior especially deserves some kind of high-resolution photo waiver from RC!

Please more pics of the cocoa headliner if possible showing stitching around sunroof or at outside edges or whatever stitching is involved.....I second the request for a pic of the CCW B pillar outlets,thanks. Seriously-- I'm intrigued by the CHEAPEST option of the bunch!!!

jfraser & Damien,

Below are a few picks of the CCW Option. I think it really ties in the look from the door pulls and the dash vent along the door line. Although less significant on a coupe than a cab, I think it really finishes everything off really well and you get a lot of visual bang for the buck with this one.

CCW #2

CCW #3

your car is amazing...congrats,let us know what you think for x51 package

just watch orders of cocoa leather go sky high!

I gotta ride on in church and repeat;

thou shall not covet thy neighbours car!
    thou shall not covet thy neighbours car!

Thanks so much for posting your photos especially of the rarer cocoa leather options and CCW. I had a very similar approach to you when I was deciding upon my own spec some time back and many of the same items which you have are in my order spec too so seeing your photos only helped me to visualise them better and reassure me that I had made the right choice for me! The car configurator can never be as good as seeing the items for real or in an actual photo.

Once again, a sincere and heartfelt thank you for posting your photos and I hope you enjoy your new beauty to the full!!

BTW my spec is:

997 C2S Coupe, 6 speed manual, MY2007 C16 RHD UK spec
    X1 Arctic silver metallic
    RA Cocoa full leather interior
    P12 Automatically dimming interior & exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
    P17 -20mm sports suspension with mechanical rear differential lock
    567 Grey top tinted windscreen
    635 ParkAssist
    640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
    650 Electric tilt/slide sunroof
    674 Preparation for Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
    XLF Porsche Sports Exhaust system
    407 19 inch SportDesign alloy wheels
    446 Wheel centres with full colour Porsche crest
    482 Tyre pressure monitoring system
    P01 Adaptive sports seats
    342 Seat heating
    XSH Seat belts in silver grey
    XX1 Floor mats in cocoa (M6C) with Porsche logo in silver and leather edging in cocoa
    XSC Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
    XTV Door trim in leather
    XMZ Rear section of centre console in leather
    XZD Interior light surround in leather
    XMP Sunvisors in leather
    XNS Steering column casing in leather
    CCW Porsche Exclusive: B-pillar seat belt outlet trim in aluminium-look finish
    CDZ Porsche Exclusive: Gear console top trim in leather
    CVW Porsche Exclusive: interior rear view mirror in leather
    CUV Porsche Exclusive: centre console main storage compartment lid in leather with 'Carrera S' model logo (but with Carrera S logo inverted 180 degrees so that it is the correct way up for a driver of a RHD car)
    X70 Door entry guards in stainless steel (with 'Carrera S' model logo)
    X97 Gear lever in aluminium
    666 Telephone module for PCM
    672 Extended PCM Navigation module
    680 BOSE Sound System
    900 Factory Collection 911 (Stuttgart)

The following are standard on an 'S':

435 3 spoke sports steering wheel in leather
    P74 Bi-xenon headlamps with headlamp cleaning system
    Aluminium instrument dials

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803826 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448691 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266294 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90148 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6720 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886010 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834023 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM