Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Huge recall for Porsche's

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/porsche-recalls-911-boxster-cayman-and-macan-over-safety-concerns-1669275

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Re: Hugh recall for Porsche's

Hugh who? Hugh Grant? yes He does seem like the type for a Boxster... 

Sorry Nick, couldn't resist cool

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Oops, I corrected it. I am multitasking and not paying attention.

ThanksSmiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Yuge! indecision

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

nberry:

Oops, I corrected it. I am multitasking and not paying attention.

ThanksSmiley

Nick - you should know by now that only females can multi-task..!  Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

Nah, men can do a better job, we started everything then finished all of them half-assed!

--

In RT tradition here is a interesting fact indecision... The ability to multitask is a myth, studies have clearly shown that the brain cannot multitask, instead it can only do one thing at a time and will switch back and forth between one task and the other repeatedly to simulate multitasking but performance will suffer since it's not really able to multitask, and the speed it can do that depends on how many resources each task takes, so tasks​ that we can do almost automatically without thinking through repetition then those it can look like we are multitasking but we are not, but in general the decrease in performance of each task falls drastically if tried​ to be done at the same time compared to done  separately, perfect example is texting while driving. And this is the same for male and female brains, there is no difference, that is another myth.

And interesting fact within an interesting fact, the biggest bottleneck in performance decrease in tasks when trying to multitask is tasks that require some type of decision making, no matter how simple the tasks are, if they require some degree of decision making, multitasking performance is most affected. For example listening to the radio will not interfere with your driving much, but if you are listening to a person taking to you asking you something then it will affect you more, and if it's through a phone much more even if it's hands free.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos, if you could somehow link this back to Hugh Grant, we would reach epic new levels of circle off-topicness here... Just sayin'... blush

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Carlos from Spain:

In RT tradition here is a interesting fact indecision... The ability to multitask is a myth, studies have clearly shown that the brain cannot multitask, instead it can only do one thing at a time and will switch back and forth between one task and the other repeatedly to simulate multitasking but performance will suffer since it's not really able to multitask, and the speed it can do that depends on how many resources each task takes, so tasks​ that we can do almost automatically without thinking through repetition then those it can look like we are multitasking but we are not, but in general the decrease in performance of each task falls drastically if tried​ to be done at the same time compared to done  separately, perfect example is texting while driving. And this is the same for male and female brains, there is no difference, that is another myth.

And interesting fact within an interesting fact, the biggest bottleneck in performance decrease in tasks when trying to multitask is tasks that require some type of decision making, no matter how simple the tasks are, if they require some degree of decision making, multitasking performance is most affected. For example listening to the radio will not interfere with your driving much, but if you are listening to a person taking to you asking you something then it will affect you more, and if it's through a phone much more even if it's hands free.

--

Carlos, can I give you me wife's number so you can explain it to her Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Joost:

Carlos, if you could somehow link this back to Hugh Grant, we would reach epic new levels of circle off-topicness here... Just sayin'... blush

Smiley

Gnil:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

I could but then when she is talking to you going on about something like her ideas to reform the bedroom and you are pretending to listen but are really paying attention to something else, she is going to call you out and make you pay full attention to her since she now knows we can't multitask Smiley ... not sure that is a win, we have to pick our battlesSmiley... I think that multitask myth was created by a guy, the fact that its tied to the myth that women can do it better than men is just so that women will believe it that much more easily then Smiley

--

Carlos - My wife can knit, do a crossword and watch TV all at the same time!

I can't knit...period - and I don't do crosswords and watch TV together.

But, if I miss something on TV and ask my wife - she always knows what it is - despite the knitting and crossword..mail

This I find very irritating...yes

--

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

If you would practice knitting it would become an automated task in time and would not affect performamce of other tasks you would be doing either. And as to crosswords the most reasonable explanation is that they do not require constant attention and lend themselves to be performed by switchimg back and forth at her own pace to it with other tasks like TV or radio which are tasks that do not require much resources, that's why we can drive just the same while listening to the radio. If she for example instead of a crossword would be doing a simple multiple choice test with simple questions but timed where she had to choose and also pay constant attention to because of the time, her attention to the TV would be decreased drastically. She is probably good at crosswords and experienced at knitting so she can jugle all three tasks at the same time easily Smiley

--

Gnil:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

You don't want to do that, Carlos is a player... Smiley Smiley

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

I dont think so, not sure nerdy or geek talk works for players, not the best approach 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM