Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New C6 Z06 is so fast that...

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    There are some members of this forum that make provacative comments, and there are others that are completely thin-skinned. This is a sports car forum. Someone posts a thread about a problem with a Vette, and that is cool. Then some of you completely tear down GM and Chevy, and that is cool. But when I jump in, some just can't handle it. You get personal, saying I must be 17 because no mature adult calls himself "Ronnie". (I am far from 17, and can think of a former US president that called himself "Ronnie")
    And of course I am blowing smoke when I say my Z will eat your 997TT. So I will tell you what...if any of you get your hands on a 997TT and are ever in So Cal, meet me at Willow Springs, and we will have a go at it around the 2.5 mile track. You drive your 997TT, and I will drive my Z. Or, if you wish, we can have one of the instructors drive both cars. Then the only thing left for you to decide is how much money you want to bet on the results. That is how confident I am as to which car will have the fastest time.
    Fair enough?

Okay but rules are if your roof blows off, you forfeit.

Hey, anyone good with photshop I would love to see a picture of Ronald Reagan driving a Z06.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    There are some members of this forum that make provacative comments, and there are others that are completely thin-skinned. This is a sports car forum. Someone posts a thread about a problem with a Vette, and that is cool. Then some of you completely tear down GM and Chevy, and that is cool. But when I jump in, some just can't handle it. You get personal, saying I must be 17 because no mature adult calls himself "Ronnie". (I am far from 17, and can think of a former US president that called himself "Ronnie")
    And of course I am blowing smoke when I say my Z will eat your 997TT. So I will tell you what...if any of you get your hands on a 997TT and are ever in So Cal, meet me at Willow Springs, and we will have a go at it around the 2.5 mile track. You drive your 997TT, and I will drive my Z. Or, if you wish, we can have one of the instructors drive both cars. Then the only thing left for you to decide is how much money you want to bet on the results. That is how confident I am as to which car will have the fastest time.
    Fair enough?

Okay but rules are if your roof blows off, you forfeit.

THAT IS IF HIS ENGINE DOES NOT BLOW FIRST

His been taking this baby to too many shopping car parks Carlos , those damn car park knuckle dents..

Throt: You are bad dude , I did not know that they have a 4 door Z06 in UK

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Fair enough?

Its not what you say but how you say it. If you want to be taken seriously or respected, take example from 01Box06Z06 for example.

If the adhesive they use for the roof turns out to be from a bad batch of glue from BASF in Germany, the whole Corvette roof peeling issue will get interesting.

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Never seen this problem with a C5 (or C4), so it makes it very hard to beleive. I bet someone tried to take the top off themsevles to see if they could unbolt and remove it (as with standard C6's). The top is permanently bolted in unlike the standard model. There has been much talk about people trying to modify it to make it removeable. I call BS on that post.

The actual construction of the roof of the Z06 is the same as the base coupe. The difference is that instead of placing hardware to allow the roof to be removed, it is "permanently" bolted to the car. The roof panel has a magnesium frame which the roof panel is "glued" on to. There have been numerous, including this post, documented incidents of roof panels delaminating. The problem HAS been acknowledged by Chevrolet and a TSB has been issued. They even have a VIN range, both MY05 and MY06, that are affected. Apparently the adhesive that was being used was not the correct adhesive. The TSB details to dealers how to resolve the problem. This is mainly done by use of a new adhesive. So this is not a "BS" post.
    For the record I currently own a 987S, and love it. However I also like Vette's, I've owned two, a C4 and C5. I even thought I was going to buy a third, a C6, that is until I test drove a 987S. I've even taken the factory tour. The workers seem very motivated, the problem is that GM tries to cut corners with parts and suppliers whenever possible. As a result Vette's can be tempremental.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    If the adhesive they use for the roof turns out to be from a bad batch of glue from BASF in Germany, the whole Corvette roof peeling issue will get interesting.

Not necessarily, it does not have to be the adhesive and just the application.

01Box06Z06,
    Cool car and great post

RonnieC6Z,
    When I get my 997TT TiptronicS I am going to race you in the Quarter mile and beat you every single time, you can bet on that

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Fair enough?

Will I need to bring a piece of cardboard for you? Or will you be bringing your own?

Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,
    When I get my 997TT TiptronicS I am going to race you in the Quarter mile and beat you every single time, you can bet on that

Rhino, buddy, don't forget the baby wipes and the cam corder so we can make this event memorable for our friend with a Chevy Race Car.

Although RonnieC6Z posts some outlandish remarks that are most often inappropriate, he does have a point. Unfortunately, we are really relegated to a Porsche bias and it really reflects sometimes in the behavior.

Calling RonnieC6Z a 17 year old just because of his username is definitely not a classy thing to do.

Although some of us may think we can associate behavioral tendencies on people due to the cars they drive, it really becomes more of a socio-economic issue than anything.

I'm sure there are plenty of rich assholes who wouldn't be caught dead in a Porsche because of its lowly commonality to the lay plebian driver (think Nberry x 100 hehe) so why should we be imposing the same regard to a Z06 driver. The z06 is a wonderful machine that has stirred up the 100-200k market and made a lot of people scratch their heads in regards to what performance is supposed to be.

Would it be fair to call Ferrari F430s cheap due to their lack of side airbags? Would it be fair to call Porsche 911 Turbos cheap because of their removable (non-free forming) side-intake panels?

Let's be a little more focused with our perspectives

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Although RonnieC6Z posts some outlandish remarks that are most often inappropriate, he does have a point. Unfortunately, we are really relegated to a Porsche bias and it really reflects sometimes in the behavior.

Calling RonnieC6Z a 17 year old just because of his username is definitely not a classy thing to do.

Although some of us may think we can associate behavioral tendencies on people due to the cars they drive, it really becomes more of a socio-economic issue than anything.

I'm sure there are plenty of rich assholes who wouldn't be caught dead in a Porsche because of its lowly commonality to the lay plebian driver (think Nberry x 100 hehe) so why should we be imposing the same regard to a Z06 driver. The z06 is a wonderful machine that has stirred up the 100-200k market and made a lot of people scratch their heads in regards to what performance is supposed to be.

Would it be fair to call Ferrari F430s cheap due to their lack of side airbags? Would it be fair to call Porsche 911 Turbos cheap because of their removable (non-free forming) side-intake panels?

You got to admit...look at this from a 3rd person point of view. Ronnie may make some brash comments now and then, but on the other hand most on this forum are no better...if anything, are FAR worse. Those who throw rocks...

I have seen replies that talk about baby wipes and cardboard?!?!...posts that are very explicit, basically telling Ronnie that he is dumb, immature and should leave. You guys aren't helping yourselves to look any better (or smarter). Hey, not once have I seen Ronnie personaly attacked anyone, other than defend his car in his own way.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Not only can I bet on it, I WILL bet on it. 2 weeks ago I ran against a Ferrari 430, Gallardo, Diablo, and 996 GT3.
    I ran away from them! So bring your checkbook!!!

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Fair enough?

Will I need to bring a piece of cardboard for you? Or will you be bringing your own?

The only thing that will get blown off is the 997TT's doors.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Not only can I bet on it, I WILL bet on it. 2 weeks ago I ran against a Ferrari 430, Gallardo, Diablo, and 996 GT3.
    I ran away from them! So bring your checkbook!!!

You guys should sign up for the "Pinks" show on Speed TV.....

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Rhino, buddy, don't forget the baby wipes and the cam corder so we can make this event memorable for our friend with a Chevy Race Car.

Also, don't forget your checkbook.

Quote:
    Hurst said:

Thank you. Your comments are much appreciated.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Throt: You are bad dude , I did not know that they have a 4 door Z06 in UK

Lol edz ..

throt...

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

You got to admit...look at this from a 3rd person point of view. Ronnie may make some brash comments now and then, but on the other hand most on this forum are no better...if anything, are FAR worse. Those who throw rocks...

I have seen replies that talk about baby wipes and cardboard?!?!...posts that are very explicit, basically telling Ronnie that he is dumb, immature and should leave. You guys aren't helping yourselves to look any better (or smarter). Hey, not once have I seen Ronnie personaly attacked anyone, other than defend his car in his own way.

My thanks goes out to you also for your thoughtful comments.

Guys, we are all having a little fun here. Sure we go too far sometimes but boys are boys, no one means any harm here. Ronnie may take things more personal than others but I am sure he is only defending his baby and he is not hostile or means to be nasty to anyone. Our cars will not make us better or worse of humans. We are all here as we have deep love and appreciation for fine automobiles and even if we disagree we are all still brothers living with one goal, under one sky and under one GOD

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Also, don't forget your checkbook.

And lads caution , because when I get my 997 GT3 I shall be whooping everyones arse , so make sure after the ""baby wipes"" you have some sudocrem to rub on your butt becuase it'll sure nead it.. ..

throt.. ( Rennteam Arse Kicker ) ...

Throt, I cant advise you to get a GT3 or any 997. Your hair in combination with the gas fumes from any Porsche might lead to spontaneous combustion.

Stick to the Allegro and plenty of Nomex.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Stick to the Allegro and plenty of Nomex.

Lmao Jim ,, bloody ""Austin Aggro"" , they were a right heap of sheet.. ..

throt..

Ronnie, if you're 17 you must be doing pretty well for yourself to be able to afford a ZO6 at such a young age.

My high quality German built Turbo has been flat bedded 4 times . 1) Power steering hose coupling disconnected, engine bay almost caught fire ( known problem )..2) fuel lines disconnected inside the tank ( known coupler design flaw - never updated ) ...3)leaked oil left side ( known valve cover gasket sealant weakness - updated in later production ..4) car wouldn't come out of gear in upshifting without practically breaking the shift lever ( rusted clutch throw out bearing - another known problem ).
    Honking broken OEM "$1" quality plastic divertor valves are a known problem which I had. Clunking front roll bars ( bolts were almost backed out ( common problem ) ...I'll stop here . I have a repair folder many inches thick - and this was a very late second year build Turbo and the end of 5th year of 996 series US production !
    I'm due to get a very early first year 997 Turbo ( 6th 911 overall ) this summer - what a masochist and a valued longtime Porsche enthusiast who overlooks their poor reliabilty just like I'm sure many of our Corvette friends do likewise , huh ? These cars ( Porsches and Vettes )ain't Toyotas when it comes to reliabilty )

MKW, The cars are great but common sense seems to be unknown at Porsche sometimes.

Why doesnt the factory use Loctite or some other thread locking liquid on the suspension pieces? It is a 180mph car for gawds sakes, not a Kia Spectra. It would be so easy for the workers to apply it on the critical suspension fasteners during assembly.

For the cars price and its speed, it should be built to almost race or aircraft standards. Assembly quality should match engineering quality.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Seems kind of unfair to bag on ronnie for boasting about blowing the doors off a car that doesn't exist when you're doing almost the exact same thing by boasting about blowing HIS doors off with a car that doesn't exist. As far as I know the Turbo S isn't going to be available in 07.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Seems kind of unfair to bag on ronnie for boasting about blowing the doors off a car that doesn't exist when you're doing almost the exact same thing by boasting about blowing HIS doors off with a car that doesn't exist. As far as I know the Turbo S isn't going to be available in 07.

And, if we must talk about the future, I have my order placed for an 08 Corvette SS (or blue devil). 2850-2900 pounds, 700 HP Supercharged LS9. It will move!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776957 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441614 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262738 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85147 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5538 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880593 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815781 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM