Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Anyone with the two tone Black-Terracota interior?

I am seriously considering the two tone Black-Terracota interior and would like to see some pics. I don't quite like the full terracota interior as it feels overwhelming. I could really use some pics of the two tone. Even better with Arctic Silver exterior. Anyone?

Re: Anyone with the two tone Black-Terracota interior?

Quote:
    carreraman said:
    I am seriously considering the two tone Black-Terracota interior and would like to see some pics. I don't quite like the full terracota interior as it feels overwhelming. I could really use some pics of the two tone. Even better with Arctic Silver exterior. Anyone?

Here you go Carreraman, I had this one bookmarked for a while because it is unusual-- but I'm still ambivalent about whether I like this exterior/interior combo or not.......not Arctic, but this is GT silver with 2tone terra/black:
    http://danbury.porschedealer.com/new_cars/info.php?inventoryid=199776

I think Silver with stone grey/black 2tone looks great, but personally I don't know about silver with terracotta/blk 2tone-- Of course I can't fairly render a verdict, the combo might look really nice in the flesh.

A black or Slate grey (or Meteor grey? -once we finally see it) exterior with terra/black would be a stunning car IMHO(see pic next post ).>
    Best of luck.

Basalt Black Metallic C2S with Terracotta/Black 2tone leather (car owner Nkhalidi/ Rennlist):

2.) Nkhalidi C2S:

3.) Nkhalidi C2S

I really like the Terracota-black interior but I ordered a lapis blue car.

Two tones still dont do it for me
    Its all in what you love though..

Actually that black car above looks pretty damm hot after studying it for a few minutes...The interior pic at night with the light on looks great two tone...

C how easy I just changed my mind
    I guess the key is what exterior color you match the two tone with?!

I'd say the key is to have either a dark (black, atlas...) car, or a cab with a black top.
    In a cab with black top, it looks even better than full terracotta/beige/grey IMHO, because the dashboard, door tops and soft top make a kind of black "belt" around the car.

I don't get it. Why would you want to have a shocking interior? That Terracotta color is hard to relax around. Make sure you see that color in real life before ordering it.

Shocking?? LOL!!!! I find it very organic and beautiful, and feel at total peace in it. I love my Terracotta interior, absolutely love it. I'm not as in love with the two-tone though..

Hard to relax around??? MMD my man, considering your highly neurotic penchant for minimalism, consider that you might have a tougher time relaxing in-general...

If everybody falls somewhere on a bell curve, you're there on the left edge of the bell, where a grey concrete block cell with a cot hanging from chains off the wall represents peace and tranquility, a room for meditation and reading a good book. I'm somewhere toward the right side of the bell where it looks just like a prison cell...

Quote:
    69bossnine said:

Hard to relax around??? MMD my man, considering your highly neurotic penchant for minimalism, consider that you might have a tougher time relaxing in-general...

If everybody falls somewhere on a bell curve, you're there on the left edge of the bell, where a grey concrete block cell with a cot hanging from chains off the wall represents peace and tranquility, a room for meditation and reading a good book. I'm somewhere toward the right side of the bell where it looks just like a prison cell...

LOLOLOL! Nice way of explaning it. Thank you Doctor. Oh..., perhaps we should meet twice a week?

Nah, I think the interior should be restful so all effort can be concentrated on driving. But then again, driving "55," this ain't no Autobahn where you have to focus intensively. I guess I use that extra energy not spent trying to counteract a vivid interior on avoiding getting nailed by cops.

My interior doesn't distract me whatsoever... It could be day-glo frickin green, and it wouldn't distract me, it would just be ugly, and I'd ignore it and drive.... Mind over matter my friend...

You'd probably have a heart attack and drive off a bridge if you hopped behind the wheel of a 50's american car, with all the chrome and pastel tri-tones and glitter-thread woven through complex patterned fabrics. It's beautiful, actually, and the road still looks the same peering out the windshield, I've never felt like I was mesmorized by what was in my periphery.

I like a little color to brighten up the gloom. Same for a home, you can have comfort and color at the same time, unless color simply throws you into a seizure, which really depends on how your noodle is wired... Myself, I find a house with white walls and neutral tones to be absolutely lifeless and cold and clinical. I've had a ton of black interiors in past daily drivers, mostly all-black cars. It's a sinister look, but my Darth Vader days are past me now, I prefer some complimentary contrast to break up the monotony.

There's no right or wrong answer on this thread, just everyone's tastes. Which is why I've always found these threads to be odd, because you always wind up doing what you want to do anyhow.

terracotta is cooooooooooooooooooool

Terracotta isn't that much in your face. It is a much "quieter" color than Boxster Red, which it replaced.
    And still very original. Love it with silver or grey.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:

You'd probably have a heart attack and drive off a bridge if you hopped behind the wheel of a 50's american car, with all the chrome and pastel tri-tones and glitter-thread woven through complex patterned fabrics. It's beautiful, actually, and the road still looks the same [edited]

Yeah..., again..., excellent points. There's a rich history of highly-decorated car interiors.

Another "reason" I dont really gravitate toward them is the "dated" aspect of them. But then again I don't plan to keep any modern car beyond the warrenty period so maybe I should change my preferences and get something more "outrageous" next time... .

Whether or not you find terracotta cool is a matter of personal taste. The important point as some have remarked is not to rely on photographs alone when making your decision. Even though it may require traveling to several dealerships in order to view vehicles, since terracotta is the dominant color, be sure you love it before placing your order.

I really like the two-tone interiors, especially the terracotta/black and tan/black. It is nice to have the lighter shades but with a black dash (less glare). I like the visual stimulation is produces. I find an all tan interior much more bland.

But I know many people feel exactly the opposite way. It always amazes me how we differ in our tastes.

Black or either of the silvers would be the best exterior colors to go with the black/terracotta in my opinion.

Let's realize that the REALITY behind the trend towards basic and bland colors in auto interiors has very little to do with modern style or preference, and far more to do with cost-cutting and streamlining production and limiting options to only those few that have basic mass-consumer-appeal (bah humbug). That's why I went a little "wild" on my 997.... because it's one of the few remaining cars left on this earth where I COULD...

Quote:
    MMD said:
    I don't get it. Why would you want to have a shocking interior? That Terracotta color is hard to relax around. Make sure you see that color in real life before ordering it.

I always loved lighter color interiors and the two tone leather interior for the 997 looks great, absolutely stunning. BUT: I drove a 997 and a Cayenne with a light color interior and I HATED it. Not because it didn't look nice, it looked great and classy. I hated it because the color actually distracted my view/attention from what is happening outside of the car. It somehow "catches" the eye's attention too much, I don't know how to explain it but I have to say that for me personally, a light interior colour would even be dangerous. Did someone else have the same feel? Just curious.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:

I always loved lighter color interiors and the two tone leather interior for the 997 looks great, absolutely stunning. BUT: I drove a 997 and a Cayenne with a light color interior and I HATED it. Not because it didn't look nice, it looked great and classy. I hated it because the color actually distracted my view/attention from what is happening outside of the car. It somehow "catches" the eye's attention too much, I don't know how to explain it but I have to say that for me personally, a light interior colour would even be dangerous. Did someone else have the same feel? Just curious.

Not really. What bothers me a lot more is the reflexion of the dash on the windshield. Tan/beige dashboards are the worst. But grey reflects too.

That's why IMHO, the two tone interior makes sense. I've sat in many 997 and I always prefered light colors cause it makes the interior feel roomier than it is. Those who have a boxster with black interior (when top is up) know that it feels really small in there.

Two tone interiors were the rule in the mid 90's. Then it changed to "everything in the same color is a must".

Nowadays, it seems we are getting back to black dashboard with different color for the seats. Look at the new E-class (face-lift) It's even better than what Porsche does.

Terracotta/Black looks better with deviating black carpeting
    and black insturment dials.

I've seen pics with deviated black carpeting, and the interior starts to look like a Halloween pumpkin's chariot. I think the Terracotta is far better served/accented by the bright aluminum touches throughout the interior, and is most beautiful in cars with a silver exterior. The only reason I didn't go with silver outside was an emotional tugging toward the racier glitzier black. It works, and it looks good, but terra w/silver outside would have been the perfect marriage. However, I left all the black to the outside. Once you start breaking up all that terracotta with black in the interior, it gets too halloweenish for my tastes.

You guys who get distracted by interior colors are killing me.... is it a form of AADD?? I don't even notice reflections in the windshield. It's just gotta be differences in the way people go down the road. I'm so wrapped up in what I'm approaching, and what's approaching me, that I could be peering over a hot-pink sequined dash with a bobble-head hula dancer on it, and never think twice about it. Oh well...

Thanks for the pics! I loved it! I think the black dashboard reduces glare and makes the impact of the terracota more intriguing. The all terracota interior scared me in the showroom. Now that I think of it, my wife's Honda Odyssey also has a black dash with Tan interior as does my BMW 530i (the car I plan to replace). Maybe I just got used to it Anyhow, those pics were fantastic. Much nicer than the BMW 650i red/black interior. That's the other car on my list. It's a great GT. I know it's not a sportscar like the 911 but I had to test drive. If it weren't for that Bangle'd trunk, it would have made the cutoff. Oh, it did have one cool feature that I had only read about and not seen before, the "heads up" display. Right on the front window you could see the speedometer. It was cool and wierd at the same time. Too wierd as I almost bumped the car ahead of me for not paying attention.

I saw this thread - I'm new here on Rennteam - and that's my car in the initial shots. Just thought I'd update it with more recent photos.

I ordered the interior sight unseen; I liked the terracotta sample, and I knew that terracotta/black two-tone would tone down the all-pumpkin look. Ironically, I picked up the car on halloween 2005. Also, I think the brushed silver on the rollbar complements the alum trim on the dash.

I hope the photos helped people with their interior decisions. I like my combo - helps the car feel special every time I get in it. Come resale time (I still have the stock seats and the bar comes out easily), I don't think it'll be a hard sell.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your hot new ride What "track stuff" is your car equipped with (other than the seats - I guess CGT seats ?).
    As for the original Terracotta question: another decisive factor may be whether you get a coupé or a cab. I always have been wondering how the Terracatta carpet may look like after a couple of years "sunburn"
    Solution might be deviating carpet:

Wow, even deviated inner door sill finishers. And the carbon B-pillar trim is a nice touch...

Love the terracota with the dark floor mats. It lets the bright foreground bits stand out better.

Thanks. My car is a non-X51 carrera s with PCCBs, GS610 fluid, H&R springs, PSCs in 235 and 295 on OEM lobster forks, tequip rollbar, GT3 (not CGT) seats, Schroth harnesses, and a hotlap timer. Makes for a nice setup that's comfortable on the street, but totally competent on the track.

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    What "track stuff" is your car equipped with (other than the seats - I guess CGT seats

The two tone interior looks awesome! Makes me wish I went for that option, but it would have put my MSRP over 100K and psychologically I was trying to keep it in the 90s.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689766 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409342 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255802 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235026 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65553 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858112 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774186 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM