Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne

And I thought I had all the options ...... now reading your comments I realize I have all big ones, and omitted all the small ones mail indecision

I am also 187 cm . In reality I think we would not use the open roof very much . So, I hope I will not miss the extra light . I did get the sports design steering wheel with the flat part at the bottom . I also got the ambient lightening , just for the fun , I suspected it to be a gimmick . I did not get the rails, nor the cargo net . I had all that in my previous family car and my wife never used any of these helps . They all ended up flying around in the boot .  I ordered the full leather as it is easier to clean with the 3 boys , but also it looks better in this car then the alcantara ( and normally I am a big fan of alcantara )  

I will get the car by the 15th of July , latest . Pretty long waiting times !!!!!   When are you changing ? And what was the main reason for doing so ?  I still hesitate to get the ABT chip . I spoke to the dealer about it and i can do it as soon as the car arrives . But I want to be sure not to loose anything on the throttle response and he was not able to answer that .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Congrats Gnil! Sounds excellent! kiss

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

hey Gnil, thats what Rennteam friends are for!  ;-))

I did not order matrix due to cost but took the normal led as i had on the A6, they seem excellent to me so far. The next step up will be laser lights for me! The automatic high beam assistant also works very well on this car (also a useful option you certainly ticked) unlike on my A6. The stuff in the back will not fly around because the laderaumkonzept consists of a stiff expandable gate and a very useful kind if rubber band one. They both get fixed in the rail and are rocksolid. The cargo net does not have dedicated space (comes in a bag) but it fits well behind the back seat row (there is like a little nook). So I'd certainly get them. Even if you keep it in the garage when you have to load up the car completely (it also works behind the first seat row brw) it is really necessary. Talking about small things i ordered the front seat (back-) protections, the winter rubber mats (stick in place of the carpet) and the seat protections for the baby/kids seat. Kind of small things but it helps with the everyday dealing of the car. The leather seats are probably less delicate than the alcantara ones though as you say.

I cant believe your wait is so long, why dont they modify an existing order?? I would push these Amag guys... I would like to change some options in mine (adding the notruf and connectivity, different winter wheels, Bose, Leather and maybe the colour). Daytonagrey is nice but somehow boring, i shouldnt have ordered it. I like the Orcablack more. White is nice too but makes thr car look even bigger and when i drive to Italy here nearby  the car is already being looked at - i guess thats because of size, too. :-) 

--

turbolite

On the ABT chip: i'd try one out before putting it in. Remember that it increases horsepower and torque but the engine doesnt rev any higher (rpm figures are the same)! So the characteristics of the Diesel engine should not change (lots if tourque down below, not much power at higher revs). I just want to say that yes it might be more powerful but it will never feel like a gasoline engine. So one better makes sure the smoothness of the original engine does not get altered. But as you have quite some time til July i am sure you will get a test drive in a tuned one beforehand...

--

turbolite

I probably need the winter rubber mats , otherwise the car will be very quickly very dirty with the kids shoes 

I am sure all these things for the boot work well, the problem is my wife never uses them, and leaves them hanging around , which ends up in more mess .  Is is like that in all her cars .

She will use often the 7 seats, so probably they will be up, or at least one, most of the time . I know her ..... she will never take the time to undo the rails , and put them back afterwards . 

I will see for the chip . It is something that can be put anytime anyway . 

I hesitated with orcablack , but instead of going for a car that looks a bit like a hearse , I decided to go with white and a more bling look this time . But booth look good to me .

Yep, the waiting time is really long . I don't get it . Maybe I should of insisted more .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Ah, the grand tradition of Rennteam. A thread about the 2018 Cayenne is where one can find information on the new Q7!

--

Might as well sneak this tidbit here.

I had placed an order for the Cayenne Turbo S.

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 9.54.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-12 at 9.54.41 AM.png

Gonna check with Exclusive to see if they can do yellow seatbelt for me.

--

Congratulations ! Good move. Yet another black and yellow combo  car though SmileySmiley It will become your signature.

Cause they won't let me paint the callipers on the Turbo S to acid green.

But yes, I quite like yellow and black combo.

--

Wow Whoopsy you're bringing a thread back on topic ?  I've seen the reverse a million times but I think this is a first. 

Enmanuel:

Wow Whoopsy you're bringing a thread back on topic ? 

Shocking! Smiley Smiley

--

Enmanuel:

Wow Whoopsy you're bringing a thread back on topic ?  I've seen the reverse a million times but I think this is a first. 

Not quite, I talked about the current model and not the incoming one Smiley

--

Nice Turbo S spec. Love those satin finished Classics in 21" kiss

better wait for next generation, this one is obsolete already, sorry

Yeah get youself a Q7! 😉😉😉

The Cayenne is a great car! 👍 but i's also wait for the new generation...

--

turbolite

I agree, not the right time to buy a Cayenne.  Besides in around 6 months from now the new Panamera will be presented with the latest and greatest tech, which is a preview of the next Cayenne, and your car will be even more obsolete.

Whoopsy:

Cause they won't let me paint the callipers on the Turbo S to acid green.

But yes, I quite like yellow and black combo.

Smiley Would have chosen the same. A brighter color is too provocative for a Cayenne, at least where I live.

Also, yes, it is a shame that Porsche doesn't offer (optional) PCCB brake calipers color choices. One reason I ordered my Carrera GTS without PCCB (I love the black/red color combo in the interior but it would have looked weird with yellow brake calipers).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

artur777:

better wait for next generation, this one is obsolete already, sorry

I wouldn't call the current Turbo S obsolete. The new one will certainly be lighter (at least 100 kg less) but performance, especially in the higher speed range, won't be much better for various (environmental/noise regulations) reasons. Also, I think that the current Cayenne Turbo S has reached a level of perfection which is hard to beat. The sound of the V8 is also acceptable, not very good but acceptable.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Yeah I know it's really late in the game to buy a current gen Cayenne, but the Turbo S is just so good that it would be a mistake to pass it up and wait.

I will have probably a 18 months window to enjoy it while I wait for the next gen Turbo S. 

Had a Macan S before, good enough for 2 persons, but adults just don't like it in the back, the car is way too small. 

Nothing else on the market is on par with the Turbo S, it stands alone. Range Rovers by Tata? No thanks. That truck just looks cheap, basically a taxi for mainland Chinese. BMW X5M is too generic looking, I still need to age another 30 years before I am the target market for Bentley. Q7? Hmm no, unless Audi makes a 550-600HP version that handles also. 

Seriously, after getting thrashed around on a track in a Turbo S by Porsche's factory drivers, I am hooked, SERIOUSLY HOOKED. 
    --

Whoopsy:

Yeah I know it's really late in the game to buy a current gen Cayenne, but the Turbo S is just so good that it would be a mistake to pass it up and wait.

I will have probably a 18 months window to enjoy it while I wait for the next gen Turbo S. 

Had a Macan S before, good enough for 2 persons, but adults just don't like it in the back, the car is way too small. 

Nothing else on the market is on par with the Turbo S, it stands alone. Range Rovers by Tata? No thanks. That truck just looks cheap, basically a taxi for mainland Chinese. BMW X5M is too generic looking, I still need to age another 30 years before I am the target market for Bentley. Q7? Hmm no, unless Audi makes a 550-600HP version that handles also. 

Seriously, after getting thrashed around on a track in a Turbo S by Porsche's factory drivers, I am hooked, SERIOUSLY HOOKED. 
    --

I agree, the Cayenne Turbo S has basically no competition (the X5M is close in performance but quality look/feel and drive feel are still different) but same goes to the price tag of this thing. The Bentley certainly will not be a bargain but it looks weird and I wouldn't really want to drive in one. I like the Continental GT Coupe but not the SUV, sorry.

Yes, the new Q7 would be interesting, though it has a very boring exterior design but in S Q7 flavor with 550 or more hp, why not? Still, if it would cost close to the Cayenne, I would prefer the Cayenne though.

The Macan is a joke in my opinion. I really liked the idea of a small SUV but I don't think that Porsche succeeded. Yes, it is a very successful car for them and people certainly buy it, especially in Europe but from my point of view, I love SUVs, the Macan is more of a crossover, not a real SUV. It doesn't even feel like a SUV and while many reviewers are actually praising this fact, I hate it. I love driving a SUV for that special "tank" safety feel and this doesn't necessarily mean that the SUV needs to feel sluggish or heavy but whoever drove a Cayenne in comparison to the Macan knows what I mean. If Porsche would put a V8 into the Macan, I could reconsider but with a V6, the Macan is off-limits for me and my wife isn't too excited anymore about her Macan Turbo either but for different reasons (fuel consumption, luggage room).

Range Rover? Why should I lie: I like how they look and the SVR could be an interesting choice but they are way too expensive over here in Germany and the lease offers suck. For this kind of money, I would prefer a Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S.

--

RC:

Range Rover? Why should I lie: I like how they look and the SVR could be an interesting choice but they are way too expensive over here in Germany and the lease offers suck. For this kind of money, I would prefer a Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S.

I agree on the looks and I have had a Range Rover fro the last two years or so just to get it out of my system after 4 black Cayenne Turbo / Turbo  S. You will be deeply disappointed with the drive of the Range Rover  - far too soft and "wallowy" . We have all reached the same conclusion which is that nothing touches the overall Cayenne Turbo / Turbo S combination Smiley .

It will be interesting when the next generation Cayenne comes out to compare with the Bentayga and Urus  as I think they will all be on the same basic platform.

Good to know about the too soft and wallowy drive of RR, this is definitely something I do not want on a SUV. The only SUV I would accept to be "wallowy" is the G class but this isn't actually really a SUV, more of a comfort trimmed off-roader.  I am still dreaming of a G63 AMG but deep down in my heart, I actually know very well that I want a Cayenne Turbo S. Or at least a Cayenne Turbo. End of next year, when my wife's Macan Turbo lease runs out, I have to decide. Or maybe early 2017, when my Jeep lease runs out, time will tell.

I saw the new Q7 and while I like the interior, the exterior is soooooo boring. I am curious how a possible S Q7 will look alike, maybe a bit more attractive. If it costs like a Cayenne though, I'd go with he "original". LOL

--

The Cayenne Turbo/s is the SUV to have. Will the SQ7 not be a diesel? Would you RC still be tempted?

The Cayenne Turbo S will likely be a compliment instead of a replacement for my G63. 

They are sort of the polar opposite in driving dynamics, each has their charm and strength. 

--

Whoopsy:

The Cayenne Turbo S will likely be a compliment instead of a replacement for my G63. 

They are sort of the polar opposite in driving dynamics, each has their charm and strength. 

Hey Nick,

I lose counts of how many cars you have.  How many indoor garage spaces you have?

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Cayenne would be car #9, if I count the GT4CS as #8.

6 spots indoor.

--

When are you planning to sell the 918?

RC:

Good to know about the too soft and wallowy drive of RR, this is definitely something I do not want on a SUV. The only SUV I would accept to be "wallowy" is the G class but this isn't actually really a SUV, more of a comfort trimmed off-roader.  I am still dreaming of a G63 AMG but deep down in my heart, I actually know very well that I want a Cayenne Turbo S. Or at least a Cayenne Turbo. End of next year, when my wife's Macan Turbo lease runs out, I have to decide. Or maybe early 2017, when my Jeep lease runs out, time will tell.

I saw the new Q7 and while I like the interior, the exterior is soooooo boring. I am curious how a possible S Q7 will look alike, maybe a bit more attractive. If it costs like a Cayenne though, I'd go with he "original". LOL

Guess this is very close to the definitive exterior: not a real beauty but not ugly either and 7 seats and/or a decent boot!iI It all depends on one's needs...😀

image.jpeg

--

turbolite

1455658752095image.jpeg

angryindecision

--

what is that, tuning to 500hp??👍‼️😄

--

turbolite

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765574 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437381 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261467 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258263 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82791 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5334 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877607 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809905 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM