Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari's new car

Can somebody tell me, who is responsible for that name? mail 

If anything, they've should have called it FF Lusso, FF is such a catchy term, don't know why they drop it.

Other than that, I like the new front of the car, I also think - different to Iain indecision - that the new front lights are among the best looking of modern Ferrari. The side vent is a bit so and so. Something has to be in this spot, without the nose would look too long, but I like the old version better. Side window line is nice, again I'm not sure if it's an improvement over the old car, to me both look good. I absolutely love the new interior, looks really good with a nice evolution of the typical manettino-steering wheel. 

But what I don't fancy is the new rear. I was kind of sad, when Ferrari dropped their typical four round rear light design, but the FF was the last model I had wished for to bring it back. Those four lights look just too squeezed in, not well integrated in the rear and also the diffusor looks out of place for a car like the... 

...FF Lusso. smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

It's the 488 that I don't like the headlights on Stefan   If the designers carry on making them larger then by the time  the 488 gets replaced they will probably run all the way up to the base of the windscreen and they'll have to call it the 488 Las Vegas smiley

The lights on the new GTC4 are the most successful interpretation yet of this current style. I agree on the rear lights looking a bit crammed in though. It seems they have bowed to online pressure and reintroduced the four tail light design. The stunningly elegant original 250 Lusso managed just fine with only 2 rear lights.

ISUK:

the 488 Las Vegas 

Smiley

Interior looks way better. Much cleaner, though still a little work to do IMO. Looks much more modern and sleek, though the color helps too. Like how the stitched dash covered the corners of the display. Not sure about the vents yet though. Comparison:

ISUK:

It's the 488 that I don't like the headlights on Stefan   If the designers carry on making them larger then by the time  the 488 gets replaced they will probably run all the way up to the base of the windscreen and they'll have to call it the 488 Las Vegas smiley

The lights on the new GTC4 are the most successful interpretation yet of this current style. I agree on the rear lights looking a bit crammed in though. It seems they have bowed to online pressure and reintroduced the four tail light design. The stunningly elegant original 250 Lusso managed just fine with only 2 rear lights.

Funny enough I find the headlights of the 488 an improvement over those of the 458. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Funny enough I find the headlights of the 488 an improvement over those of the 458. Smiley

I think they're better too, I'd just rather something without the high streaks back to wards the cabin, closer to this:

488mod.jpg

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

The bottom photo makes it look rather too much like a Huracan  - which I know some people will say is a good thing!

Mithras:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

I think they're better too, I'd just rather something without the high streaks back to wards the cabin, closer to this:

488mod.jpg

I don't think this is an improvement. But you could dye the black triangle of the lights in body colour. That would make them visually slimmer. Still not sure if that is necessary though. Smiley
    --

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

--

I like the Picture below very much ! kiss

488mod.jpg

Smiley

Finaly the four tail lights are back SmileySmileySmiley this alone justify the change for the new model. This car looks wonderful, I would buy it in a heart beat if I had the money for it, congrats Ferrari Smiley

--

J.Seven

Rossi:

Can somebody tell me, who is responsible for that name? mail 

If anything, they've should have called it FF Lusso, FF is such a catchy term, don't know why they drop it.

Other than that, I like the new front of the car, I also think - different to Iain indecision - that the new front lights are among the best looking of modern Ferrari. The side vent is a bit so and so. Something has to be in this spot, without the nose would look too long, but I like the old version better. Side window line is nice, again I'm not sure if it's an improvement over the old car, to me both look good. I absolutely love the new interior, looks really good with a nice evolution of the typical manettino-steering wheel. 

But what I don't fancy is the new rear. I was kind of sad, when Ferrari dropped their typical four round rear light design, but the FF was the last model I had wished for to bring it back. Those four lights look just too squeezed in, not well integrated in the rear and also the diffusor looks out of place for a car like the... 

...FF Lusso. smiley

Spot on. kiss

Speaking of overly large taillights: the smaller taillights on the 718 now make it obvious how overdone the ones on the outgoing Cayman Boxster are.

noone1:

Interior looks way better. Much cleaner, though still a little work to do IMO. Looks much more modern and sleek, though the color helps too. Like how the stitched dash covered the corners of the display. Not sure about the vents yet though. Comparison:

Thanks for posting the two together. What an improvement.

So far I love it, keeping in mind that it is hard to judge from the processed pics.  Interior looks fantastic, side grill  not so much, 4 tail lights too squeezed, but again need to see the car in the flesh or in real-life pictures.

I love the FF and I love the new one as well. If someone with family wants a Ferrari, I think this is the right car for them.

Saw a FF in Zuers/Austria during our family ski vacation but this was the only Ferrari. Saw tons of 911 and Cayenne though.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

I love the FF and I love the new one as well. If someone with family wants a Ferrari, I think this is the right car for them.

Saw a FF in Zuers/Austria during our family ski vacation but this was the only Ferrari. Saw tons of 911 and Cayenne though.

Smiley

indecision I love both brands and frankly, I'm a bit more into Porsche for various reasons.

If I had the money and were in the business for a new Ferrari, I would get a F12 tdf and/or the new GTC4 Lusso. The 488 doesn't attract me a bit, I don't know why. yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

ferrari-gtc4-lusso-104619_1.jpg

Some tuner already made plans for the Lusso.

This image reminds me of what Ferrari did to the F12 though laugh

--

RC:

The 488 doesn't attract me a bit, I don't know why. yes

unfortunately, same with me (after some exposure to it) and i do not know why either. weird...

pmarkow:
    RC:

unfortunately, same with me (after some exposure to it) and i do not know why either. weird...

Same to me .  It looks too clean and neat , almost generic .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    pmarkow:
    RC:

Same to me .  It looks too clean and neat , almost generic .

I think it looks a bit bloated and yes, I know how weird this sounds. Saw a 488 twice lately, one in my hometown and one in Munich. Both were red. The funny part is: I didn't know they were 488, first I saw only the front and then only the rear (both from the side) and I thought to myself: Why don't I like the 458 anymore, a car I always loved for it's design?! After seeing the whole car, I realized it is a 488 and yes, it looks bloated vs. the 458, it is difficult to explain.

Then, I saw a used 458 I was interested in at a local dealer and I realized that I still love the 458 shape.

The 488 also sounds different, I heard the car leaving (the one in my hometown) and it instantly reminded me of my former 991 Turbo S. Maybe it sounded a bit better at idle and when accelerating in the lower rev range but overall, not even close to what I am used from a Ferrari 458. A friend has a 458 Spider with a Tubi (I think) exhaust and I can hear him from over a kilometer distance when he approaches. Smiley Even the original exhaust sounds pretty good.

So yes, the 488 may be affected by the 991 Turbo S "effect" (too perfect, too clean, too refined).

--

pmarkow:
    RC:

The GTC4 Lusso would make a lot of sense for you (Austria, snow...) and the rear seats could be used as an additional luggage room. Smiley

--

1455638301618image.jpeg
    1455638301613image.jpeg

Oh Jesus, a Italian Camaro or Challenger!!!!!!!

--

it's the mansory kit for Maserati owners angry

BjoernB:

it's the mansory kit for Maserati owners angry

1455671309934image.jpeg
    1455671309926image.jpeg
    1455671309930image.jpeg
    1455671309916image.jpeg
    1455671309922image.jpeg

Panorama roof. Ferrari UPS truck. 

RC:
    pmarkow:
    RC:

The GTC4 Lusso would make a lot of sense for you (Austria, snow...) and the rear seats could be used as an additional luggage room. Smiley

i better don't don't show the GTC4 lusso to my wife:::)))

pmarkow:
    RC:
    pmarkow:
    RC:

i better don't don't show the GTC4 lusso to my wife:::)))

Smiley This is really an interesting car but I guess you are leaning towards the F12 tdf?

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688096 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408510 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255463 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234686 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65314 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857418 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773087 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM