Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: McLaren on a winning streak

Funny thing just happened.

A 675LT just literally dropped onto my lap while I am having breakfast. Production in January delivery in April/May-ish. 1 of 14 in Canada, 1 of 170 in North America and 1 of 500 in the world.

My dealer held one for me without me knowing  and I have the first right of refusal but need to spec it before the ned of the month.

Debating still whether to take it. 

--

Whoopsy:

A 675LT just literally dropped onto my lap while I am having breakfast. Production in January delivery in April/May-ish. 1 of 14 in Canada, 1 of 170 in North America and 1 of 500 in the world.

My dealer held one for me without me knowing  and I have the first right of refusal but need to spec it before the ned of the month.

That must've hurt. SmileySmiley

Great news . That would be my other choice if no RS .   Prices will stay high, so why not take it , drive it, and decide after if you keep it or not . 

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS 

Whoopsy:

Congrats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Kb6Y4fDiY

Do they offer a European delivery?

675LT should retain its value, and is highly regarded too

but it's very clinical and surgical

Gnil:

Great news . That would be my other choice if no RS .   Prices will stay high, so why not take it , drive it, and decide after if you keep it or not . 

The entry price is sky high though, 2x a RS. I will be looking at around US430k to get out the door. But cheaper than getting a F12TdF.

But if I take things into context, the 675LT is basically a P1 sans hybrid, that's makes it cheap relatively, a bargain if I may.

Another but, there is a spider version coming and seems like I want that one more.

A market for a limited McLaren will not be as liquid as a limited Ferrari or Porsche, so it won't be easy to cash out.

Lastly, among my circle of friends, 4 will have one, we basically took all the allocations. That's kind of make it a dime a dozen and less 'special' lol.

--

Whoopsy:

A 675LT just literally dropped onto my lap while I am having breakfast.

The only thing that fell on my lap this morning during breakfast was some spilt coffee. I should have breakfast wherever you're having it to see if they drop some more exotics around. Smiley

If you're planning to sell the car after a while as a special edition and are worried about it being common in your circle then you could always go through MSO and add some touches that will set you apart from the herd. 

I would rather get another RS for half the price or for that money start a Singer project....

sfo:

675LT should retain its value, and is highly regarded too

but it's very clinical and surgical

I wish this were true, but the McLaren just does not hold its value in the manner of a limited edition Ferrari with the exception of the P1. Now they are building the Spider as well it is even more likely to lose money I am afraid.

BjoernB:

I would rather get another RS for half the price or for that money start a Singer project....

Trust me the Singer is substantially more .

Might hold it's value in Canada. I think prices are firmer there. I wouldn't buy a new 675 LT in the US though... too great of risk of depreciation. They weren't even hard to get IIRC. I think most people who wanted them early enough, got them.

I think McLaren's will get there soon enough, 675LT will be a piece to keep, so never mind the depreciation, as its 20years later before we see any changes in price.  If u intend to own it for short term, obviously it will depreciate just as much as a Ferrari would.  I can assure u 675LT would be a car to own if u want the P1 experience.....  I sat. in one just not too long ago!!!  its a complete different animal than 650S....  so direct and epic accelerations!!  crazier than 650S for sure!!!  lets not focus too much on 25hp more, but to focus more on the major changes on chassis set up and carbon weight reduction and immed. responses on throtle!!  it doesn't get any better value than this!!!  675LT u can experience similar P1 experiences, and out of any other current production car, it does not get better in figure than this..... limited production.    If I had the money and had to decided again, it will be a no brainer to get 675 rather than 650!  

I have turned down the 675LT coupe. Still can't bring myself to buy such an ugly faced car, no matter how ungodly the performance is. I have pushed that decision down another year, told them I am more interested in the 675 spider that's coming.

I gave Frank an earful early about how ugly the design of the joker face is. Being the gentleman that he is, he took it all in strides. McLaren felt the 12C styling was too safe and trying to push the edge on the P1 face, they knew they pushed too far. The next cycle of cars will go a completely different direction Frank assured me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

--

Whoopsy:

I have turned down the 675LT coupe. Still can't bring myself to buy such an ugly faced car, no matter how ungodly the performance is. I have pushed that decision down another year, told them I am more interested in the 675 spider that's coming.

I gave Frank an earful early about how ugly the design of the joker face is. Being the gentleman that he is, he took it all in strides. McLaren felt the 12C styling was too safe and trying to push the edge on the P1 face, they knew they pushed too far. The next cycle of cars will go a completely different direction Frank assured me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Whoopsy - fully respect your decision - these things are quite rightly personal and subjective. However, it does crack me up when the GT3RS guys pan the looks of other cars .  The GT3RS is a killer combination of value and performance but it's hardly a looker or subtle with all its scoops and giant spoiler. To be clear - I would have have a GT3RS if I could.

Haha, as I said, I am still hating the gold fish eye headlamp casing on the 991. But the big wing and the vents makes it looks like the Porsche 911 race cars like the GT3 Cup, the GT3 R and the GT3 RSR, there is a function to all of those.

Where as the 675LT and 650S borrowed the ugly face of the P1, which even the designer himself said he went too far looking back, and that face served no real purpose.

--

the best looking current McLaren is the 570S .. the rear is so much better. The doors are awesome too.

The front, not so much

sfo:

the best looking current McLaren is the 570S .. the rear is so much better. The doors are awesome too.

The front, not so much

Yeah, the corporate front (face) spoils an otherwise nice design for me too. 

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

McLaren GT3 huge accident today .... @ 55 min. http://livestream.com/fia/macaugp/videos/105017145 . Bad luck for the 2 AMGs. angel

Hotter McLaren 675LT With 688 PS Coming Soon?

Perhaps the 675LT won't be the most extreme version of McLaren's Super Series after all.

Developed by MSO (McLaren Special Operations) and referred to as the HS (High Sport), the new supercar that could be unveiled in Geneva is going to be even more hardcore.

Based on the 675LT, the 688HS (its full name) will be lighter and more powerful, if the report published by Autogespot turns out to be true. The "688" designation indicates that the 3.8-liter V8 twin-turbo engine is upgraded from 675PS (666hp) of the LT the 675LT Coupe and Spider, to 688PS (678hp.

Besides the extra oomph, the new McLaren is on a diet, too, thanks to carbon fiber used in even more parts, but how much it will save from its total weight is unknown. The supercar is also expected to generate more downforce due to a new rear wing.

Production will be limited to just 25 units, all of them in coupe guise, and it should debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, on March 1, following a possible earlier online presentation.

I just had heard that McL will Position itself with the successor of the 650S much higher than currently - talking well over 700 HP - but also pricewise well above 488 territory etc.  In geneva we will see a Special Edition 570S - GT...... angry

They added 2% more power on a turbocharged car?  Am I supposed to be impressed with that?  I am sure that if you chose 5 examples of 675's from the production line that there would be a wider power variation than that.

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Futch

Any news regarding your McL 675LT ?

Cheers

McLaren really needs to establish the pecking order of their models so customers can buy these "Special editions" with confidence.  With Porsche, you know there is a GT, GT RS, and that's it.  Mercedes AMG and AMG Black.  Audi S and RS.  McLaren is a mystery however.

- standard model

- LT model

- LT spyder

- now HS?

- probably an HS spyder after that?

They have a horrible marketing department. That's all.

--

Apparently it was just offered to clients who made heavy use of the MSO department. All already spoken for apparently.

pgouveia:

Futch

Any news regarding your McL 675LT ?

Cheers

Yes, I picked up the car only a few days ago and it is really rather excellent. It's early days, but you can just tell the car delivers. I loved the 650S when I test drove it, the LT is the same car but better. Ride is still good.

Steering is sublime. The ergonomics are simply the best I've seen in a road car, it's the closest I have to the 458 GTE race car, it's really perfect. It's nice to feel that some engineers have actually asked themselves, how do we make the driver best involved.

Car feels very quick and the gearbox seems better than the RS, more analog feel to it, especially in the intermediate sport mode.

The infotainments is brilliant, it's basically a big iphone.

There is an attention to detail to the car that is beyond any manufacturer I've ever seen, a proper anorak's firm and I love it. The design of the harness coupled with the three point seatbelt is smart, little storage spaces here and there that just make sense, the fit and finish is truly remarkable, nothing is left unchecked, I am very very impressed.

Also you all know I'm a total freak when it comes to weight and Mclaren weighted my car, with fluids, at 1362 kg!!! That is just amazing. Car is really loaded too with Aircon, roll bar, Satnav, lifter, etc. Brilliant job!

Only disappointement is the noise, it's nothing special, quite generic but I can live with that. The engine on the other hand feels very strong and, to my liking, turbocharged, It's got big turbos so why try and make it linear, embrace them. 

Will try to put a couple of hundred km before the March trackday at Silverstone and take it there with the RS and another car to do a nice benchmark. On the road the LT is so much better but it's no secret that I don't like the 991RS, for me the car doesn't deliver at normal speeds, the Macca does, the steering alone and the general feeling are on a different league.

It was nice driving to Woking with the LFA too, such a sweet car. 

IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg

Thanks for the impressions and photos. Who got to drive the Singer Smiley ?

crayphile:

Thanks for the impressions and photos. Who got to drive the Singer Smiley ?

A good mate. Great fun little car. Huge amount of fun. Beautiful little thing this car. 

I thought you traded in the LFA NUR for something else ? it's nice to see you're still holding on to it kiss

Great report F, it looks awesome in McLaren Orange too, good choice! wink 

675LT is high on the wishlist! I'd love to hear your comments on the 'lack' of LSD, usually I'm really fond of the sensation of a diff locking-up, I wonder if you'd miss it on the LT...

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688147 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408528 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234690 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM