Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Can I join the club?

congra Mike that ur f430 finially arrived!!

and very nice looking colour too!!

Quote:
    bazza said:
    congra Mike that ur f430 finially arrived!!

and very nice looking colour too!!

Thanks, but you're thinking of my F430 Spider, that has still to arrive (have no idea when). Got this coupe in the time being.

This is awesome!

Congratulations

yea! i was wondering!???

and MIke please can u compare the handling of all ur car!? which one u prefer the most!? noble or this one?

I can't comment on the F430's handling just yet. Need to run her in, only 100km's on the odometer so far I'll be sure to do so once all that is done, promise

o ! i forgot !? which car is good turning over if i bring it back to sa! hehehehhe! consider pagani zonda?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I can't comment on the F430's handling just yet. Need to run her in, only 100km's on the odometer so far I'll be sure to do so once all that is done, promise

Any initial impressions? Is this your first Ferrari?

awesome pics!!!

Keep them coming, it seems the perfect combination with those seats!!!

What a beauty !!!!

have fun with her!!!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Yes, this is my first Ferrari. We have had other Ferrari's, but those are my old man's.

There's not much I can say about the car yet, only spent 30 mins of driving in it so far! The ceramic brakes are something though, they feel as if they are either on or off. Very very sharp! Will take a bit of getting used to. The F1 box in "auto" mode is a little jerky, but when you change gears "manually" it's something else! Especially when you shift down, the transmission to the lower gears are SOOOO smooth!! I haven't had much time to fiddle around with the car yet, but I do have one or two questions.

Where do I find the code to type into the radio? It says I require a code to activate it. Will it be in the manual?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Yes, this is my first Ferrari. We have had other Ferrari's, but those are my old man's.

There's not much I can say about the car yet, only spent 30 mins of driving in it so far! The ceramic brakes are something though, they feel as if they are either on or off. Very very sharp! Will take a bit of getting used to. The F1 box in "auto" mode is a little jerky, but when you change gears "manually" it's something else! Especially when you shift down, the transmission to the lower gears are SOOOO smooth!! I haven't had much time to fiddle around with the car yet, but I do have one or two questions.

Where do I find the code to type into the radio? It says I require a code to activate it. Will it be in the manual?

Mike ,there should be a code card in your package. If you have one, follow the direction in the radio booklet. If you do not, go back to the dealer that sold the car.

BTW, I have yet to use the auto mode in either one of the 430's I have owned.

Quote:
    nberry said:Mike ,there should be a code card in your package. If you have one, follow the direction in the radio booklet. If you do not, go back to the dealer that sold the car.

BTW, I have yet to use the auto mode in either one of the 430's I have owned.

Thanks nick I didn't have time to go through everything with the dealer. Went to fetch her at 7pm, didn't have time during the day and I was in a rush to get home. So I skipped out one or two things before rushing off with the car.

HAHAHA, you've never been curious what is was like to drive in "auto" mode?? I always wondered if it would drive similar to the SL or something.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Dimitri, how about small Gallardo review with pictures!?
    You have manual which is also IMO better option then e-gear. I tried Gallardo MY2006(520hp, shorter gears) with manual gearbox... Awsome beast!

i will kreso , look for it in the sports car board these 2 days..

Mike S,

I have been following this "TEASE TACTIC" and must admit, you wove a nice thread of well wishers and jealous Honda jockeys...

Way to go...!

Mopack

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Well guys, I pulled the trigger. Picked up an 06 F430 Coupe today, will take delivery tomorrow Paid a hell of a premium but oh well, you only live once. It has basically every option there is. I will post lots of pictures tomorrow

Gotta get the suspense going haha!

Congrats, Mike. Sorry, overlooked your post.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Well guys, I pulled the trigger. Picked up an 06 F430 Coupe today, will take delivery tomorrow Paid a hell of a premium but oh well, you only live once. It has basically every option there is. I will post lots of pictures tomorrow

Gotta get the suspense going haha!

Congrats, Mike. Sorry, overlooked your post.

Thank you RC!

Hey Mike,

Congrats !

But.....with all my due respect, whoever specced the interior colours must have been joking.....all whats missing are white floor- mats with bordeaux Ferrari lettering.....right out of a John Holems movie !

Please don't feel offended..it's just my humble opinion.

C O N G R A T S
    NICE car Mike... It's not my type of car but its very cool nonetheless. Enjoy it buddy

congratulations mike.

are u going to sell the coupe once the droptop arrives?

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Hey Mike,

Congrats !

But.....with all my due respect, whoever specced the interior colours must have been joking.....all whats missing are white floor- mats with bordeaux Ferrari lettering.....right out of a John Holems movie !

Please don't feel offended..it's just my humble opinion.

Dont worry, each to his own right?

On a more serious note, I actualy liked the car because of the interior. Its different from the usual specced ferrari's

Quote:
    amir sarmad said:
    congratulations mike.

Either that or i'll sell the spider when it arrives, because now that i look at it, the coupe is a nicer looking car to me

Wow!!Beautiful car Mike.You deserve it,you are a true car enthusiast.At least this ones going to be driven like Enzo intended

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    amir sarmad said:
    congratulations mike.

Either that or i'll sell the spider when it arrives, because now that i look at it, the coupe is a nicer looking car to me

I think you're gonna change your mind becaus of the weather you've got down there in SA. You can't go wrong with any of the 2 cars anyway. That's definitly gonna be an impossible question to answer. Maybe you should keep both

Hi amazon,

Will probably trade the f430 spider in for the G-spider, no point having two ferrari's!

@marco: thanks, you know it!

yea that a good chose!! g spider looks better than f430 spider!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    iyori said:
    Mike,
    Shall I ask Kreissieg for a full set for you?

I am sure they could export with cost price on the invoice.
    Should you need any help, do let me know. Just do not go through the agent in the US since their retail price is extremely high.

If you can PM the details about the Kreissieg exhaust, it would be greatly appreciated. Do you have any close up photo's of the tips? I hate the stock tips!

Congratulations (yet again) Mike, beautiful car
    (Missed this thread)

And in case you haven't seen this F430 F1 with Kreissieg exhaust in tunnel already...
    F430 in tunnel

Quote:
    temm said:
    Congratulations (yet again) Mike, beautiful car
    (Missed this thread)

And in case you haven't seen this F430 F1 with Kreissieg exhaust in tunnel already...
    F430 in tunnel

WOW! Thanks Temm!! The sound is unbelievable! Totally different from stock!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778930 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442188 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263063 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261337 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85575 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5781 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881042 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817255 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM