Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

The latest generation self healing film is thinner yet stronger than the previous versions. I have seen both the gloss film fitted to the three layer metallics and the Matt version fitted to the three layer matt yellow car. It genuinely is not noticeable on the car until you really look for the edges up close. It doesn't spoil the effect of the colour beneath either. I've had the front bumper, full bonnet, screen Pillars up to the roof, door mirrors, side sills and rear wings to about 2/3rds of the way around the rear arches covered. This is the same coverage the dealer gives his demo cars.

Gnil:

This is probably the best looking sports car. So composed, no design faults , strong identity, beautiful !

I agree.. I remember walking around Geneva motor show looking at the various exotica and the Huracan did stand out to me as the most complete and cohesive design of the lot - not a bad angle on it.. Most, like the 488, have a few dodgy features here and there, but this thing just looks flawless to me.  After looking at Iain's pic earlier, I am checking out Autoscout indecision

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

ISUK:

It doesn't spoil the effect of the colour beneath either.

Thanks - good to know.

looking forward to interior pics

As always Iain, you've specced another car beautifully, and the Huracan which (as I've said before) is IMO the best looking car in the market at the moment. Your pics mean I get to start the year with a healthy dose of the good kind of jealousy for this baby ! Thanks for sharing and here's a great start of the new year and may it be filled with many happy miles and lots of burning rubber wink . 

Congrats. Looks really good.

crayphile:
    ISUK:

Wheels now swapped for the Giano option in Matt Titanium finish, Xpel paint protection film applied and now prep'ed ready for collection. I'm picking it up on Monday kiss

@ISUK  -  Did you Xpel the entire car or just the front bits? I would be interested in your impression of how the film impacted (if at all) the paint's shine/sheen/depth. I have been a nay sayer on film protection for a long time  - but I am hearing very good things about Xpel and plan to try it on my 675LT in the first instance given the amount  of carbon it has at the front and the propensity of the side blades to chip as well.  I know the market has reached a tipping point in the UK now where most people are putting it on now. I'm particularly interested in whether it impacts triple layer paints where much of their magic is to do with depth of colour and variations with different lighting conditions.

Just had my GT4 front done in Xpel.  The car is white.  If your car is a darker color, I would go with Suntek film instead.  A bit less orange peel, which is noticeable on the darker colors  

Regardless of the film, installer is key.  Need someone that will wrap the edges and use a custom cut where needed to hide the seams. As you can see if the pictures from ISUK's Car, they removed the tail lamps to wrap the seams under them. 

Personally I think full body wraps are overkill.  Only reason to do it is to match the texture throughout the car. Chances for rock chips in some areas of the car is very low. 

vantagesc:
    ....As you can see if the pictures from ISUK's Car, they removed the tail lamps to wrap the seams under them. 

Err.... no they didn't Smiley   There isn't any film on the rear of the car Smiley The film they used is all precut to a template of each panel it is applied to.

New Lamborghini Huracan Spyder 2016 review http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lamborghini/huracan/94226/new-lamborghini-huracan-spyder-2016-review

It does look v v nice!

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab 2014 BMW i3 2017 Porsche Mission E on order

This..... thread.... is...... waiting..... for...... Iain's Huracan review...... wink Just kidding Iain.... we know its still winter! 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Man, just saw the Huracan Spyder pictures, I. So. Wanted. One. 

Don't think any cars in the last 3 years I had been lusted after like this one after the GT3RS.

But then again I still haven't even pay a deposit for one.

--

Whoopsy:

Man, just saw the Huracan Spyder pictures, I. So. Wanted. One. 

Don't think any cars in the last 3 years I had been lusted after like this one after the GT3RS.

But then again I still haven't even pay a deposit for one.

--

The lust for this car is just that.  From everything I have heard, even from the local dealer, I'm a bit too tall for this variant.  I even find the coupé snug.  Perhaps the lack of cabin space will be resolved with the Audi R8 Spider.  It's not perfect, but if I want to stay with a normally aspirated motor, my choices are limited.

Well, I am well trained by Porsche for a tight fitting cabin with the 918 lol 

Plus the Audi is just that, an Audi. Not a Lamborghini. 
    --

Whoopsy:

Well, I am well trained by Porsche for a tight fitting cabin with the 918 lol 

Plus the Audi is just that, an Audi. Not a Lamborghini. 
    --

It might just be an Audi; however, that Audi may be a better car than the Lamborghini.  I have no issue with the marque. 

I saw the new R8 first hand while it was testing here. I actually had no issue with the product, I think it's amazing but it's just the marque that's holding it back. 

Release the exact same car as a Lamborghini and it will move like hot cakes with a higher margin.

I had Audi before, yet I still thinks it's behind the prestige factor from BMW and Mercedes, much less Porsche and Lamborghini and others. Audi just means it's a step up from VW. Nothing more nothing less.

--

I saw these photo's online last night and think it looks fantastic in Verde Mantis.

Verde Mantis 1.JPG

Verde Mantis 2.JPG

much prefer ISUK's yellow :)

Whoopsy:

I saw the new R8 first hand while it was testing here. I actually had no issue with the product, I think it's amazing but it's just the marque that's holding it back. 

Release the exact same car as a Lamborghini and it will move like hot cakes with a higher margin.

I had Audi before, yet I still thinks it's behind the prestige factor from BMW and Mercedes, much less Porsche and Lamborghini and others. Audi just means it's a step up from VW. Nothing more nothing less.

--

It seems to be good enough for Porsche.  H*ll, even. Volkswagen is good enough for Porsche.  

ISUK:

I saw these photo's online last night and think it looks fantastic in Verde Mantis.

Verde Mantis 1.JPG

Verde Mantis 2.JPG

I think the car looks fantastic period. In any colour. 

--

I agree. It even beats my once favorite...the Aventador Roadster. kiss

Beautiful car, it just looks better every time I look at it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Simply amazing!

--

J.Seven

LP580-2...

But, Giano in Titanium are the best wheels for Huracan.

the huracan looks just fantastic, the audi fades away in terms of road presence when close to the huracan. but when i drove the coupe last summer it felt already very small. my 458 was spacious in comparison. but the exterior is striking, maybe except the protruding rear bumper.

peter

The price of the R8 simply makes the Huracan unpalatable for me. Just can't pay $60-100K more for the Huracan's exterior.

BTW, Audi's superbowl R8 commercial is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diU_09jb4bI

I actually think this commercial is far more powerful and appealing to the brand than anything Lamborghini puts out. Lamborghini commercials, are, well, lame as fuck and do nothing positive for the brand. Bunch of shitty CG and contrasty intense shots with Michael Bay movie score.

noone1:

The price of the R8 simply makes the Huracan unpalatable for me. Just can't pay $60-100K more for the Huracan's exterior.

BTW, Audi's superbowl R8 commercial is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diU_09jb4bI

I actually think this commercial is far more powerful and appealing to the brand than anything Lamborghini puts out. Lamborghini commercials, are, well, lame as fuck and do nothing positive for the brand. Bunch of shitty CG and contrasty intense shots with Michael Bay movie score.

Amazing commercial, love it. Only the "the 205 mph Audi is here" at the end looks a little bit pathetic.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

pmarkow:

the huracan looks just fantastic, the audi fades away in terms of road presence when close to the huracan. but when i drove the coupe last summer it felt already very small. my 458 was spacious in comparison. but the exterior is striking, maybe except the protruding rear bumper.

peter

Not surprising especially when you look at a 458 and Huracan parked next to each other.  The Ferrari is significantly larger in virtually every dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnYK_XbYLWo

Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera mule has six exhaust tips http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/worldcarfans/EZIV/~3/auFEdfAzJMo/lamborghini-huracan-superleggera-mule-has-six-exhaust-tips

1460593573986image.jpeg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763707 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436094 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260858 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82569 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

875657 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808456 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM