Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam made it to the PRESS

Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:
    I will gladly co-ordinate a Rennteam International Meeting here in NY

I say hold it in Germany, in either Berlin or Munich/Muenchen. Remember, they have the Autobahn.

And better beer.

Congratulations guys!

What about in Stuttgart???

Congratualations to everyone, esp RC and CR... Hope the success continues for many more years!

Just wish I had more time to read and contribute!!!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Thank you The Groom for the translation!

I think it what a great article, as Nick says it articulated perfectly what Rennteam is about. Thanks to Flat6 and Stéphane

As to the names of the mods in the article... are you kidding RC? Personally I don't think I deserve mentioning in such an article, not when compared to what you and CR do. I'm just grateful to be able to participate and give what I can back to Rennteam

My feelings exactly Carlos!

My contribution is pretty meager in comparison to RC and CR, or even to you Carlos. No hurt feelings here. Instead, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE that is a part of the Rennteam community!

Quote:
    john999s said:
    What about in Stuttgart???

I second that- end of this September!

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:

I say hold it in Germany, in either Berlin or Munich/Muenchen. Remember, they have the Autobahn.

And better beer.

All we have is the stretch of I-87 north going to Montreal (where we could easily exceed posted speed limits by a wide margin)

coooooooooooooooooooooooool. now we're all famous

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Thank you The Groom for the translation!

I think it what a great article, as Nick says it articulated perfectly what Rennteam is about. Thanks to Flat6 and Stéphane

As to the names of the mods in the article... are you kidding RC? Personally I don't think I deserve mentioning in such an article, not when compared to what you and CR do. I'm just grateful to be able to participate and give what I can back to Rennteam

My feelings exactly Carlos!

My contribution is pretty meager in comparison to RC and CR, or even to you Carlos. No hurt feelings here. Instead, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE that is a part of the Rennteam community!

i second you both completely!

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:

And better beer.

I have arranged to meet up with Porschejeck on Saturday 22nd April somewhere near Dusseldorf / Monchengladbach / Rheindahlen, if anyone is interested.

Guys, there are only three locations I can think of regarding an international Rennteam.com member meeting:

1. Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen/Weissach
    2. South France (Cote d'Azur)
    3. Dubai

The first two locations would be perfect since a lot of members could join us with their cars.
    The last location on the list would be a very special place if somebody from that region would support this meeting.

I think we have the biggest chance to meet in the Stuttgart region but it has to be well organized, incl. a factory and Weissach visit and maybe with some further goodies like meeting Walter Röhrl and/or somebody from the higher Porsche leadership.

There are lots of ideas and suggestions...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Guys, there are only three locations I can think of regarding an international Rennteam.com member meeting:

3. Dubai

The first two locations would be perfect since a lot of members could join us with their cars.
    The last location on the list would be a very special place if somebody from that region would support this meeting.

I think we have the biggest chance to meet in the Stuttgart region but it has to be well organized, incl. a factory and Weissach visit and maybe with some further goodies like meeting Walter Röhrl and/or somebody from the higher Porsche leadership.

No Florida?

Quote:
    RC said:

3. Dubai

1. Sounds brilliant - count me in.
    2. I'm down on Cote d'Azure in September if anyone wants to meet up.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

3. Dubai

No Florida?

Ron, I hope this won't come as too much of a shock for you, but ... umm .... Houston isn't in Florida either.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

3. Dubai

No Florida?

Ron, I hope this won't come as too much of a shock for you, but ... umm .... Houston isn't in Florida either.

I know but CA and FL in the U.S. seems like a cool place to meet to especially if the meeting coincides with Winter.

I would love to meet you guys in the US but it wouldn't be practical from many points of view. The US is huge, we have members from California, New York/New Jersey, Texas, Florida, Illinois, etc., it would be almost impossible to bring them all together, especially with their cars.
    The members in Europe are much closer to each other, it takes around 8-10 hours to drive from Munich to Nice (Cote d'Azur), just an example how short the distances are over here. And I think a lot of Porsche owners from the US would love to combine the meeting with a visit to Europe, especially since they get an occasion to visit the factory and Weissach. And we could even add more: renting Porsche cars from Porsche Travel for a short Germany/Austria/Switzerland tour or similar. There would be so many possibilities.

South France would be great because of the nice weather in summer and the atmosphere.

Dubai would be interesting because of the current development in tourism over there, not to speak about the many sportscars on the street and the very exclusive hotels and shops. At the same time we could combine this visit with some driving events (Cayenne desert fun or driving at high speeds on closed streets, etc.). Dubai people are also well known for their hospitality.

Again, just some ideas, we're open to everything.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    No Florida?

I know but CA and FL in the U.S. seems like a cool place to meet to especially if the meeting coincides with Winter.

I was only kidding.

How would we all get our cars over there from the US?

Let's just all buy 360's, Project Gotham 3 and meet on Xbox Live

Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:

You wouldn't need to. Porsche Travel for example offers organized tour packages with Porsche cars, two persons per car. There are so many possibilities.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:

You wouldn't need to. Porsche Travel for example offers organized tour packages with Porsche cars, two persons per car. There are so many possibilities.

Do they rent tuned up Turbo Cabs with 1,000Nm of torque at 3,000rpm's?

Quote:
    RC said:

3. Dubai

First off Congradulations RC and everyone; I love this forum and find it a great source of knowledge as i soon hope to start my Porsche experience.

Secondly about the International meet I think its a great idea; I was thinking about planning a personal trip to Europe next summer (2007), spend a week in Germany (nurburgring, factory tour) then go over to Barcelona to catch the formula 1 race. Even if the international meet happens before that i'm just throwing that out in the event that anyone would want to join up.

Quote:
    RC said:

3. Dubai

For me option 1 or 2 will works,specially option one..with RC,CR,Rohrl,etc...all my heroes!!

For me, option 1 or 2 is best, but option 1 would give us all the opportunity to develop even better relations with Porsche.

Quote:
    RC said:

3. Dubai

great!! option 1 and 2 are good , option 3 is also great ,like you said dubai is really nice.
    christian in case you decide for dubai ,i could make the support and everything you might think of there.

I'm sure nobody will be surprised if I vote for option 2 ;-)

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    ...For me option 1 or 2 will works,specially option one..with RC,CR,Rohrl,etc...all my heroes!!

It would make Rennteam appear even more impressive to Porsche officials if a decent number shows up at Zuffenhausen / Weissach, apart from that I see this as the most convenient and interesting option of them all (though I do like the other two option as well )!

So Stuttgart it is- last week in September!

I'm sure many will be there, no matter the time or location that RC and the other honchos decide. Let's get her done!

First of all, many many congrats to RC and the other mods for a great job
    I just returned from an extended 1,500 km factory pick up tour (report will follow tomorrow) and I love to see this thread.
    All I can say is that since my short time of membership Rennteam has become like a second home to me and that I love this site
    I guess one of the most important aspects mentioned in the interview is that Rennteam is a great platform to make friendship with really nice sportscar enthusiasts around the world - that's evidence of the site's quality: it's not about flaming each other or placing childish threads, but sharing valuable information and ownership experiences, sometimes leading to personal friendships beyond the "virtual world".
    I think it's a great idea to arrange an international Rennteam meeting to further strengthen this spirit
    A meeting in Stuttgart with hopefully hundreds of Rennteamers with their cars would be a great opportunity to make PAG understand that there are still a lot of enthusiasts and not only "ordinary customers".

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    First of all, many many congrats to RC and the other mods for a great job
    I just returned from an extended 1,500 km factory pick up tour (report will follow tomorrow) and I love to see this thread.
    All I can say is that since my short time of membership Rennteam has become like a second home to me and that I love this site
    I guess one of the most important aspects mentioned in the interview is that Rennteam is a great platform to make friendship with really nice sportscar enthusiasts around the world - that's evidence of the site's quality: it's not about flaming each other or placing childish threads, but sharing valuable information and ownership experiences, sometimes leading to personal friendships beyond the "virtual world".
    I think it's a great idea to arrange an international Rennteam meeting to further strengthen this spirit
    A meeting in Stuttgart with hopefully hundreds of Rennteamers with their cars would be a great opportunity to make PAG understand that there are still a lot of enthusiasts and not only "ordinary customers".

Great post. I'll endorse Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen/Weissach, my summer is crazy busy until mid-August, but after then or next summer would work for me, even if just for an extended weekend.

Now all I need is the contact number/e-mail for Porsche Travel to get my 997TT reserved for the rendezvous.

Congrats to RC and CR as well as all of the moderators! Thanks to The Groom for the translation. As influential as this site has become, it is surprising to me that it hasn't received more attention.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777276 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441707 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262786 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260961 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85232 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5577 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880659 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815970 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM