Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

Enmanuel:

The pics when it's all finished would be very appreciated. 

Think you find more here:

https://www.instagram.com/woppum/

Whoopsy:
    RC:

Your friend knows that a high quality wrap would have done the same job, without the cost of a complete repaint and without (some) loss in resale value because they original color is lost? Just saying... Smiley There are metallic wraps now which look pretty impressive.

But it will never look this good:

12417918_1669132906691004_8797706648065875161_n.jpg

Actually, there is a 991.1 Cab wrapped in exactly this color (I think) in my hometown. Doesn't look much different. The wrap was first a matte metallic, which looked quite interesting but the owner didn't seem to like it and switched to a glossy metallic.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Just a quick update on my car. Car is still in hibernation, at earliest I will drive it beginning of March, depending on weather.

As my UV has the black LED and black wheels I ordered the black uprights too to compliment it. As the Porsche mechanics have been changing it they found out that the black screws securing the uprights and the wing have not been included. Now Porsche is asking CHF 200 for a set of black screws, no wonder they enjoy the highest margins in the automotive industry. They also want to play hardball as at first they did not want to us to order them as they are not standard on a UV car so we will probably resort to ordering them with a VIN from a Lava, white or silver car !

Rgds

Mike

M3ike:

Just a quick update on my car. Car is still in hibernation, at earliest I will drive it beginning of March, depending on weather.

As my UV has the black LED and black wheels I ordered the black uprights too to compliment it. As the Porsche mechanics have been changing it they found out that the black screws securing the uprights and the wing have not been included. Now Porsche is asking CHF 200 for a set of black screws, no wonder they enjoy the highest margins in the automotive industry. They also want to play hardball as at first they did not want to us to order them as they are not standard on a UV car so we will probably resort to ordering them with a VIN from a Lava, white or silver car !

Rgds

Mike

Welcome to the world of Porsche. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

If I didn't know how much fun the car is to drive I think I would lose my patience at some point.

As I drove the car for several hours at Ascari Race Resort in December I have to say it's fantastic what Porsche has achieved as the car is still street legal. Especially when you jump from the RS to the standard GT3, there is a big difference in turn-in grip and how much torquier the engine is.

Great video by Jörg Bergmeister btw, driving a RS around the new Kyalami circuit.

https://vimeo.com/152555168

M3ike:

Rgds

Mike

Of course I don't know how this came to be, but as an outsider this sounds ridiculous.
    Your mechanic ordered the wrong stuff (I think the electronic catalog shows what is and what isn't included when you order parts) and now he tries to make you pay for it... CHF200 for a set of screws is insane, just the fact that you can afford it is no excuse for them charging it... I would tell them to go to hell and install the old screws and buy a can of black spray paint...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

That's ridiculous, Joost. My UV has black wheels, but I kept the silver uprights to sort of complement the clear tail lights.

It may sound ridiculous, but I can imagine that this screws are from the wing supplier and are specially (not specially built for) delivered for the RS wing. It could be that they have a specific Nm and are only allowed to be once screwed. So the price of the screw is not so high but the logistics around.

Ariba (supply chain management software) has found out, that one order at UBS regardless of the order value costs UBS around 140 CHF. 

--

AM

Thanks Aldo.  I know some manufactures like BMW use "stretch" bolts in the suspension that must be replaced if they are removed.

On my GT4, there are some bolts that must be remove to change the angle of the wing.  The "driving on track" pamphlet Porsche provided did indeed give a specific Nm torque value, but did not state to change the bolt.  Hopefully that is true of the RS as well.

RC:
    M3ike:

Rgds

Mike

Welcome to the world of Porsche. Smiley Smiley

Wow, when you get her she will be a awesome looking piece of kit. UV with all the black,,, my choice for sure...

Pics please when you get her all finished...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

dertub:

That's ridiculous, Joost. My UV has black wheels, but I kept the silver uprights to sort of complement the clear tail lights.

I did not mean that the silver uprights are ridiculous, but when you order the black uprights, it makes sense to include the black screws, that's what I meant.
    Aldo, thanks for clarifying. I can imagine expensive fasteners (working in the aerospace industry, I am no stranger to fasteners costing hundreds of dollars EACH). Also, I understand that substantial forces act on the wing, so you can not just use some diy grade hexnuts. Let me rephrase my prior post; it would have been good salesmanship if dealer/supplier would have been a bit more lenient with the pricing of a couple of bolts and not let the customer pay through the nose for it, But maybe I'm just being naive...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Here a nice picture I found from Finland, Ice-Force Master. I will be there February 10th, are any other rennteamers coming?

145375494150811181859_1290356217656533_757716185773194077_n.jpg

throt
    . UV with all the black,,, my choice for sure...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Not surprising, with you hair style . It would  match perfectly Smiley    Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    throt
    . UV with all the black,,, my choice for sure...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Not surprising, with you hair style . It would  match perfectly Smiley    Smiley

Smiley, Hahaha,, hope you and yours are well Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

After driving the RS for 5 months and change, I realized the car is a lot like a modern Ferrari.

It makes wonderful noises even at legal speed, the howl between 2-3k rpm is lovely to hear, not unlike Ferraris. One doesn't have to go really fast to 'feel' fast in the RS, which is exactly like modern Ferraris. Not that it isn't a fast and capable car, it is.

The current RS is very liveable as a daily, if one doesn't need to access the area behind the seats for those with buckets. The suspension is borderline on the stiff side for road use, but it's not unbearable. The rear wing is high enough that it doesn't block vision like in the GT3. PDK is wonderful for stop and go traffic, no need to go to the gym to train up the left leg. 

Yes sometimes I missed the low end torque of the Turbo/Turbo S, or the Ferrari V12s, or the 918's electric motors, but it's not a big deal as the engine in the RS just begs to be revved. 

It is a wonderful car, my favourite among all the cars in my garage. 

--

Whoopsy:

After driving the RS for 5 months and change, I realized the car is a lot like a modern Ferrari.

It makes wonderful noises even at legal speed, the howl between 2-3k rpm is lovely to hear, not unlike Ferraris. One doesn't have to go really fast to 'feel' fast in the RS, which is exactly like modern Ferraris. Not that it isn't a fast and capable car, it is.

The current RS is very liveable as a daily, if one doesn't need to access the area behind the seats for those with buckets. The suspension is borderline on the stiff side for road use, but it's not unbearable. The rear wing is high enough that it doesn't block vision like in the GT3. PDK is wonderful for stop and go traffic, no need to go to the gym to train up the left leg. 

Yes sometimes I missed the low end torque of the Turbo/Turbo S, or the Ferrari V12s, or the 918's electric motors, but it's not a big deal as the engine in the RS just begs to be revved. 

that sounds just like what i was looking for in the RS. increases my anticipation a lot:::)))

cheers peter

Unless you drive race cars constantly like Futch, you won't be disappointed in the RS.

--

Whoopsy:

Right!also for me is love.

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

The other downside of the GT3RS is that the engine runs extremely hot.

IMG_6425.JPG

This is after getting stuck in traffic for 20 mins because of an accident. Sort of cold and raining hard. The car was basically idling for 20 mins. And I can see steam coming out from the front radiator vent below the hood.

IMG_6426.JPG

This is what it is suppose to be for the condition. Right after I got to open road and clean air, temperature drops right down.

--

Was it raining or wet?

This happens to me even with my 2007 if there is water hitting the radiator from the outside.

Whoopsy:

Mine is sleeping in the garage until spring . Can't wait to wake it up . These days we have 12 degrees, it' s a bit frustrating not to use it.

I am so greatfull to have this car Smiley

--

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

Mine is sleeping in the garage until spring . Can't wait to wake it up . These days we have 12 degrees, it' s a bit frustrating not to use it.

Get it out, Gnil. I drive mine more in the frost than I do in the damn summer. The TC doesn't seem to work all the time too. Smiley Smiley.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

fritz:

Justice doesn't always have to be blind after all:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/pensioner-gets-85000-payout-after-porsche-dealer-sold-his-car/?WT.mc_id=e_DM83776&WT.ts...

Wow...50000 in legal fees...talking about making lawyers happy. Smiley

--

throt:
    Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

Get it out, Gnil. I drive mine more in the frost than I do in the damn summer. The TC doesn't seem to work all the time too. Smiley Smiley.

I am preserving it mainly from the salt . I would live to feel the TC not working Smiley

--

I drove around 50 km in my GT500 yesterday (we had 14°C and sun in Bavaria, roads were dry but still covered a bit with a very thin and basically invisible salt layer). No fun at all, the rear came all the time and I was really not accelerating too much. Even straight line, it was impossible to fully accelerate in first, second or third angry gear. On the Autobahn, the ESP kicked in even at over 180 kph. yes

I have Pirelli Zero street tires on the car (the OEM semi-slicks from Goodyear were not really drivable under 20°C) and still, not a good time to drive such a car. 

Next time I pull it out of the garage will be April or May. broken heart (unless we get some warm weather in March but not very likely, maybe for a day or so).

--

Kobalt:

Was it raining or wet?

This happens to me even with my 2007 if there is water hitting the radiator from the outside.

Yes raining hard. It from the cold water hitting the radiators.

But steam doesn't appears when the engine is running under 92 degree, on when it's above that. That's what I noticed.

--

Look who also has a orange GT3RS?

Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 9.41.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 9.43.31 PM.png

Orange is THE colour to go for, even the Le Man Champion agrees smiley

--

^ I guess White is not The Fastest Color anymore. I must repaint my car now!

Or is orange a color for posers? 

No, a LeMans champ can live with a slower colorsmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691034 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410154 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256219 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235410 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858811 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775112 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM