Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - GT2/GT3 Language: English Region: Worldwide - Asia Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 911 R Thread Closed

i like that is based on the 991.1 !

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

ALDO:

Without wing - 100%

Ducktail - never heard - never asked - so no answer regarding ducktail. 

ok thanks ;) and the interior very light?

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 991 GT3 RS

LP997:

are you sure without a wing or a ducktail?

What do people always have with that ugly ducktail? I've never seen a customer car with ducktail in Germany. This looks even worse than a wing. Smiley

No, as far as I know, the car is without wing or ducktail.

Regarding manual: The car I saw had PDK and yes, it was a R mule. So the decision for manual wasn't really that old, same goes to the rear seats. Most cars go, according to my information, to the US market and Americans apparently want manual and...no rear seats. I guess the rear seats take away the "purity" feel. Smiley Smiley

Regarding the price tag, 195k EUR (incl. VAT?) would be OK but it sounds way to cheap for me. The 997 Sport Classic was 202k incl. VAT, so either the 195k is without VAT or the rumored 230k is more likely. Time will tell...

Also, what does a "light" interior mean? The interior is basically the one of the RS, even some body parts.

The engine is rumored to be the 3.8 l engine but lately, I heard that the RS 4.0 l engine is more likely but power output will be under 500 hp, around 470-480 hp are more likely. Actually, the R could get exactly the 475 hp the GT3 had but with the 4.0 l engine. So far, I haven't heard any more details about the engine, only about performance (which is pretty good for such a car but don't expect miracles, this is supposed to be a collector's car, not a pure race car for the track).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    LP997:

What do people always have with that ugly ducktail? I've never seen a customer car with ducktail in Germany. This looks even worse than a wing. Smiley

No, as far as I know, the car is without wing or ducktail.

Regarding manual: The car I saw had PDK and yes, it was a R mule. So the decision for manual wasn't really that old, same goes to the rear seats. Most cars go, according to my information, to the US market and Americans apparently want manual and...no rear seats. I guess the rear seats take away the "purity" feel. Smiley Smiley

Regarding the price tag, 195k EUR (incl. VAT?) would be OK but it sounds way to cheap for me. The 997 Sport Classic was 202k incl. VAT, so either the 195k is without VAT or the rumored 230k is more likely. Time will tell...

Also, what does a "light" interior mean? The interior is basically the one of the RS, even some body parts.

The engine is rumored to be the 3.8 l engine but lately, I heard that the RS 4.0 l engine is more likely but power output will be under 500 hp, around 470-480 hp are more likely. Actually, the R could get exactly the 475 hp the GT3 had but with the 4.0 l engine. So far, I haven't heard any more details about the engine, only about performance (which is pretty good for such a car but don't expect miracles, this is supposed to be a collector's car, not a pure race car for the track).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

i dream of a car light in weight not 20 kg win... it's the interest of this car for me and 4.0 engine seems more sense

--

The R will be lighter than the RS as far as I heard, rumors indicate 30-50 kg weight saving. Actually, the R will be the lightest new 911 available on the market according to rumors. Do not expect Porsche to develop a completely new interior for the R though, this isn't going to happen. Lots of parts are used from GT3/GT3 RS, which makes sense.

--

↵

LP997:
    RC:
    LP997:

I've never seen a customer car with ducktail in Germany

Sport Classic perhaps...

--

SportCarGroup:

↵

LP997:
    RC:
    LP997:

I've never seen a customer car with ducktail in Germany

Sport Classic perhaps...

Indeed but the customer waited too long with registration and missed the deadline (something to do with emissions), so he couldn't register the car anymore and sold it cheaper than he bought it. I guess he badly regrets the sale now. Smiley

--

I think 4.0 RS engine will be fitted if manual gearbox to give the R the performance 'edge' lost when deleting PDK.

Any news on RWS?

RC:

The R will be lighter than the RS as far as I heard, rumors indicate 30-50 kg weight saving. Actually, the R will be the lightest new 911 available on the market according to rumors. Do not expect Porsche to develop a completely new interior for the R though, this isn't going to happen. Lots of parts are used from GT3/GT3 RS, which makes sense.

If it has a narrow body and no PDK and no RWS being 30kg lighter than the RS is nothing to write home about... So it is the most likely scenario Smiley

The car is a part bins from all 991.1 variants wit a high price because of real limited production... No way this would be a 991.2 body. If indeed the car is for the US market then manual and no rear seats makes total sense, even a duck tail. IMHO the car will not be special enough to justify a special limited run, let alone justify the astronomic price.

Also with 4 seats and PDK the car would be more of a DD and people would rack up the miles, not representing a "special" limited car.

SciFrog:
    RC:

If it has a narrow body and no PDK and no RWS being 30kg lighter than the RS is nothing to write home about... So it is the most likely scenario Smiley

The car is a part bins from all 991.1 variants wit a high price because of real limited production... No way this would be a 991.2 body. If indeed the car is for the US market then manual and no rear seats makes total sense, even a duck tail. IMHO the car will not be special enough to justify a special limited run, let alone justify the astronomic price.

Also with 4 seats and PDK the car would be more of a DD and people would rack up the miles, not representing a "special" limited car.

True but what dis you expect? A completely new car with completely new parts for slightly over the price of a GT3 RS? Smiley

The R will be in very high demand, I doubt Porsche will have issues selling all 600 (give or take) cars. Even I would get one if I had the money now.

--

I don't see advantage of this car over a GT3 or GT3RS if it's not going to have rear seats and normal creature comforts interior... it's not going to be more practical/versatile car with a GT3 engine, it's not going to be faster with a manual and more so if it does not get RWD... the only thing it has going is its limited production but without any real advantages along with the limited production then it's only just for show or potential gamble on resale profit. The other thing I could think of is for those manual die hard fans that wanted a manual GT3, but at that price tag it doesn't seem reasonable just to get a manual box on a GT3 engine. Waiting to see more definitive details on the spec and what direction they are taking the car, but right now it seems like a poseur's car IMHO.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

I don't see advantage of this car over a GT3 or GT3RS

Huge advantage for those who like to shift...  Not a big deal if the 991.2 GT3 comes with Manual option (and NA motor), otherwise very big deal.

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Carlos from Spain:

I don't see advantage of this car over a GT3 or GT3RS if it's not going to have rear seats and normal creature comforts interior... it's not going to be more practical/versatile car with a GT3 engine, it's not going to be faster with a manual and more so if it does not get RWD... the only thing it has going is its limited production but without any real advantages along with the limited production then it's only just for show or potential gamble on resale profit. The other thing I could think of is for those manual die hard fans that wanted a manual GT3, but at that price tag it doesn't seem reasonable just to get a manual box on a GT3 engine. Waiting to see more definitive details on the spec and what direction they are taking the car, but right now it seems like a poseur's car IMHO.

The 911 R has two major advantages:

1. It will be one of the most (if not the most) valuable modern 911 models in future collections

2. It will be a very stealth car because although it looks special, most people won't have a clue about the GT3 tech under the hood/body

Would I love to get one? Yes. I always wanted such a car, even if manual wouldn't have been my primary choice.

Whoever can get one, should get one but I certainly won't loose any sleep over this car since I already have a GTS, the second best thing (for me) after the R. Smiley

--

I think the other advantage of the 911R is it could potentially be more "fun" on the street.  Maybe it gets narrower tires and a summer tire rather than R-compound like Cup 2.  More playful handling for the street.  Kind of like what McLaren did with the 570S.

RC:
    As to being "proactive" not getting people anywhere in getting this car: In the US, it seems to be a (bad?) habit of dealers to try to make extra money with special editions or models in high demand. Either they are trying to sell a combo package (buy two other Porsche and you get this one on top...of course not for free Smiley) or they are asking over MSRP. I remember a US customer paying 50k USD over MSRP for a 996 Turbo when this car was in extremely high demand in the US, this is just insane. In Germany, an official dealer trying to pull this off could lose a lot, even his business.

Yes absolutely, I barely even got my GT4 at MSRP.  After the dealer passed me up to sell several cars above MSRP, I had to write the dealer a "friendly" letter explaining that they took my deposit in August 2014 and asking when I would get a car.  Magically a allocation appeared later in the week, but the lightweight bucket seats were not available to spec.  

In California in particular, it's getting very difficult.  Granted I had no prior relationship with this dealer and never purchased a Porsche before.  But say a GT4 RS was announced tomorrow, I have serious doubts I could get one for MSRP at any of the four dealers in my city.  Everyone who wants a standard GT4 will get one, but you have to be patient and call around constantly.  No chance for RS or 911R.

In principle, I have been given an allocation from my dealer (if the car materializes, still speculation at this stage and they have not heard anything officially). They've never dropped me before, but you never know until the order officially goes in.

Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:

I don't see advantage of this car over a GT3 or GT3RS

Huge advantage for those who like to shift...  Not a big deal if the 991.2 GT3 comes with Manual option (and NA motor), otherwise very big deal.
    --

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

My point is that not at 230k MSRP to get a manual box just because the GT3 doesn't come with one. If that is your reason to get one then that doesn't make much sense.

The advantage is exclusiveness alone but to me without some sort of real tangible advantages over the other models (ex: having all the benefits of a Carrera - like rear seats, looks, options etc - but with a GT3 engine and chasis setup for example) its an empty one, its just low production number and hard to get, thats all. I wouldn't even guarantee that its resale is going to be much of a profit if it doesn't become a coveted model by the second hand market, low production numbers alone will not guarantee that, so its a gamble.

I was expecting a Carrera with GT3 engine, chasis and maybe tranny or a stripped out lightweright Carrera with all the performance parts from the GT3 designed for sheer speed and handling. This one is neither.

Or at least it seems that way from what we know so far which is not much, so We will have to wait and see what it becomes in the end, Porsche is far from stupid... then again if they get taken off their hands and at 100% profit margin then thats not precicely a stupid move.

--

Carlos from Spain:

My point is that not at 230k MSRP to get a manual box just because the GT3 doesn't come with one. If that is your reason to get one then that doesn't make much sense.

I don't expect it to cost that much (but I could be wrong).

--

Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:

I think it may considering that its low production number may likely artificially inflate its price.... the 997 Sport Classic was around that price and that one even just had a normal carrera engine with mostly "cosmetic" changes and parts bin parts...

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:

I think it may considering that its low production number may likely artificially inflate its price.... the 997 Sport Classic was around that price and that one even just had a normal carrera engine with mostly "cosmetic" changes and parts bin parts...

This says price of Sport Classic was 169k Euro:

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=499

--

I think the relevant question here is how much lighter can you make a 991 GT3 if you take out all the high-tech and take all the lightest parts available from GT3/GT3 RS?

My guess is that the car will be a lot lighter than all of you have guessed so far and that would be the real USP of this car. The lightest 911 in ages with a 500 hk engine that revs to 9000 RPM and a manual gear box. Anyone not salivating??

Since it won't be very light, won't have PDK and only two seats? And cost the price of a Hurracan or lightly used 458?No at allyes

Sounds like this is not a car for you SciFrog, but I would assume for quite a few enthusiasts interested in a pure, driver oriented and less computer-game like driving experience in a modern car. Think Cayman GT4 feeling and weight, but instead with a high reving engine of 500 hp...Sure it might be a bit expensive, but I am in!

Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:

That was the price Porsche released but without taxes yet. In Spain the final price after european taxes was 220,000€.

--

Ouch!

--

I heard from a quite reliable source that production of customer cars will start in September. Also that the new PCM will be included and that the 991.2 body parts (rear lights) will be on the 911 R. Time will tell...

Lukas:

I heard from a quite reliable source that production of customer cars will start in September. Also that the new PCM will be included and that the 991.2 body parts (rear lights) will be on the 911 R. Time will tell...

A PCM in a 991 R NO WAY!!!!!!!! it's not the philosophy of the car...

--

LP997:
    Lukas:

A PCM in a 991 R NO WAY!!!!!!!! it's not the philosophy of the car...

+1  Well said . After three years is the most obsolete feature of the car anyway.

Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:

Official price of the Sport Classic in Germany was 201.682 EUR, incl. 19% VAT.

This is the base price of the new 991 Turbo S. 

The 911 R will cost more than the 991 GT3 RS as far as I know but I have no exact price tag.

Latest rumors indicated 230k EUR (incl. 19% VAT) but ALDO posted something around 195k EUR but probably without VAT (not sure about it).

Also, it seems that manual is now confirmed and...the 4.0 RS engine (but with less than 500 hp).

--

Lukas:

Production is rumored to start pretty fast after the presentation, for various (legal) reasons.

--

RC:
    Lukas:

Production is rumored to start pretty fast after the presentation, for various (legal) reasons.

Norme euro 5-6 smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM