Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne

apias:

When are you planning to sell the 918?

I 'might' think about it if it goes over 8 digits. Not gonna to entertain any number lower than that. The car is too damn good to part way with. Plus, if I sell it, there is nothing I can buy to replace it.

--

Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:

The Cayenne Turbo S will likely be a compliment instead of a replacement for my G63. 

They are sort of the polar opposite in driving dynamics, each has their charm and strength. 

Hey Nick,

I lose counts of how many cars you have.  How many indoor garage spaces you have?

Shit, do you have to remind me that I don't have enough parking? 

--

Whoopsy:
    Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:

The Cayenne Turbo S will likely be a compliment instead of a replacement for my G63. 

They are sort of the polar opposite in driving dynamics, each has their charm and strength. 

Hey Nick,

I lose counts of how many cars you have.  How many indoor garage spaces you have?

Well, none of us have enough parking anyway.  I have 2 cars outdoor now.

GT4CS only comes in PDK?  Then it will be very similar to the use of your GT3RS, right?

You need a manual car...

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Whoopsy:
    apias:

I 'might' think about it if it goes over 8 digits. Not gonna to entertain any number lower than that. The car is too damn good to part way with. Plus, if I sell it, there is nothing I can buy to replace it.

Interesting. I asked because you seem to be spending all your time in the GT3RS, and rarely talk about driving the 918.

Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:
    Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:

Hey Nick,

Well, none of us have enough parking anyway.  I have 2 cars outdoor now.

GT4CS only comes in PDK?  Then it will be very similar to the use of your GT3RS, right?

You need a manual car...

GT4CS is track only, so I can only use it on a track and I will keep it on site too.

Still trying to source my ultimate manual car, a 1994 964 Turbo 3.6 Smiley Or perhaps a unmolested 959.

--

apias:
    Whoopsy:
    apias:

Interesting. I asked because you seem to be spending all your time in the GT3RS, and rarely talk about driving the 918.

Yes I have been spending a lot of time in the RS and neglected the 918. It has been relegated to show and display duty right now for functions. Hell I actually spent the most time the last 2 months in the FF, traveling back and forth to Whistler as my Porsches don't have winter tires. 

Anyway, the 918 is a tour de force of technology from Porsche on what can be done when they have time to do something special. There isn't another more advanced car on the road right now, not even the Tesla's. It is a piece of automotive history, it marks the point where manufacturers found out that they can use hybrid technology for performance too instead of just fuel economy. It is a real performer too, nothing one can buy is faster. Ferrari followed Porsche in doing the performance hybrid LaFerrari, even McLaren changed course and cramped an impromptu hybrid system to their halo P1. Honda with their upcoming NSX, etc.

Of course there will be more advanced hybrid coming in the future, but the 918 is the first one, patient zero of the performance hybrids. 

--

RS 991:

The Cayenne Turbo/s is the SUV to have. Will the SQ7 not be a diesel? Would you RC still be tempted?

No, the S Q7 is supposed to be a petrol engine car, very likely with a bi-turbo charged 4.0 l V8 engine and 600 hp flat.

Unless they name it RS Q7 and offer a Diesel engine equipped S Q7 with a 4.2 l 400 hp Diesel engine.

Audi's model policy is a bit confusing...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

Good to know about the too soft and wallowy drive of RR, this is definitely something I do not want on a SUV. The only SUV I would accept to be "wallowy" is the G class but this isn't actually really a SUV, more of a comfort trimmed off-roader.  I am still dreaming of a G63 AMG but deep down in my heart, I actually know very well that I want a Cayenne Turbo S. Or at least a Cayenne Turbo. End of next year, when my wife's Macan Turbo lease runs out, I have to decide. Or maybe early 2017, when my Jeep lease runs out, time will tell.

I saw the new Q7 and while I like the interior, the exterior is soooooo boring. I am curious how a possible S Q7 will look alike, maybe a bit more attractive. If it costs like a Cayenne though, I'd go with he "original". LOL

No worries, I will fulfill that dream of yours in 2 more months Smiley if Porsche had better customer service I would've gone for the Turbo S, but since I haven't seen any progress from them nor from Stuttgart that just forwards your complaints directly to your local dealer Smiley  I've decided to close the Porsche book for once and for all. Good bye GT4 Smiley

Boy, can I relate to that!

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llK69rwEhOs

BiTurbo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llK69rwEhOs

Interesting but my SRT beats basically any car up to 60 kph. Smiley My dealer had to adapt the software for the (street legal certified!) aftermarket sport exhaust system and with that occasion, he changed the throttle response of the truck in Sport mode. Now when I start from standstill, the SRT needs 4.4 seconds from 0-100 kph and from 0-60 kph, the truck is almost unbeatable. I have shocked motorcycles with it... Smiley

Even a 911 Turbo S isn't faster. The start from standstill is instantaneous and violent, I have never seen a 2.5 ton truck start off that fast. Chrysler does not use this setup for their standard SRT models because of liability (and maybe reliability?) reasons. My throttle response is so sensitive that even a millimeter or two of throttle way gets translated into movement. Smiley Whenever I switch from my SRT to the 911 GTS or even my wife's Macan Turbo, I always think there is something wrong with these cars. The throttle response is extremely sluggish compared to the SRT and I am talking Sport Plus mode here. 

My wife doesn't drive the SRT because she can't handle the sensitive throttle response, even in normal mode. With sport mode turned on, she once almost hit our garage wall, it was a pretty close call, so she never drove the car again.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

interesting tail light camo

2018-porsche-cayenne-spied-shows-active-rear-spoiler_7.jpg2018-porsche-cayenne-spied-shows-active-rear-spoiler_9.jpg

^^ Dummy lights on a modified current-gen body. This isn't indicative of the styling of the new Cayenne at all; probably just chassis testing and examining aerodynamics with the new active rear spoiler.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

Seems to be the same car or similar stage of development 

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1160314105074/2018-porsche-cayenne-early-prototype-spied-up-close

I know its tuff to face but Cayennes are fg ugly

watt:

I know its tuff to face but Cayennes are fg ugly

100% agree. A softy SUV! Way to roundish, no elegance! Reminds me about this SmileySmileySmiley

oh my god! You have ruined my day. 

For hours I try to erase this picture in my had - no way - I hate you.

--

AM

ALDO:

oh my god! You have ruined my day. 

For hours I try to erase this picture in my had - no way - I hate you.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Today I did see the very first time the new Cayenne in the typical camouflage on the Autobahn. First I thought it is a Macan but then I realized that it was much bigger. The front lights been covered under tape but I could see those 4 illuminated dots. The overall shape was not that much different. Maybe some more edges but hard to say when not having something to compare. And - before you ask me - no I couldn't make pictures. The car passed by and it was probably just 5 seconds I could have a look at. 

Anyway - it shows that the car is almost ready developed and now in field test. It is just a matter of time to see a lot of new pictures here.

Panamera comes first, then the new Cayenne.

Bodyshop at Leipzig for Panamera is ready.

--

Whoopsy:

Are you still getting the Turbo S? Mine is delayed but I hope to have it in two weeks or less.

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

Are you still getting the Turbo S? Mine is delayed but I hope to have it in two weeks or less.

crayphile why did you bought a Panamera Turbo S when the new Panamera is coming soon?

--

J.Seven

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

Yes my Cayenne Turbo S is still on order, but I pushed it to a 2017 model for the new PCM with CarPlay.

--

J.Seven:

crayphile why did you bought a Panamera Turbo S when the new Panamera is coming soon?

No -  its a Cayenne Turbo S.

Going form a G wagon to a Cayenne TTS must be likesmiley 30 years time leap

crayphile:
    J.Seven:

No -  its a Cayenne Turbo S.

Smiley sorry... Smiley Congrats

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

Hey J.Seven - how is your new hybrid? Can you share some experience?

Lars997:

Today I did see the very first time the new Cayenne in the typical camouflage on the Autobahn. First I thought it is a Macan but then I realized that it was much bigger. The front lights been covered under tape but I could see those 4 illuminated dots. The overall shape was not that much different. Maybe some more edges but hard to say when not having something to compare. And - before you ask me - no I couldn't make pictures. The car passed by and it was probably just 5 seconds I could have a look at. 

Anyway - it shows that the car is almost ready developed and now in field test. It is just a matter of time to see a lot of new pictures here.

End of 2017...according to what I heard. Smiley

--

RC:
    Lars997:

End of 2017...according to what I heard. Smiley

IAA Frankfurt 2017?

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764805 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436815 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261180 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258081 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82707 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877140 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809292 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM